ugh...
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-10 11:50:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I can agree, but Square enix literally outlined a Gear-Progression chart for how players can advance along.

They had a chart that showed what players needed to do, content-wise, to progress along.

it was something like reives for bayld > bayld gear > bayld for wkr > wkr gear > skirmish > skirmish gear > skcnm > 109 gear > aa's > 119 gear etc.

Now, they released eminent gear, which allows some jobs to be content-ready in roughly a few hours of fighting fodder. It is nowhere near as difficult as people make it out to be.

I just partied with a BLU in skc fight that literally did not have one spell beyond lvl80, but insisted on coming BLU. Its really more about some people not wanting it enough, than it is about other not helping them.
You'll get that anywhere really bro. People wanting to jump right in the action and expecting/hoping others won't notice they're missing this and that. I'm more inclined to invite those players who are straight up and tell me they don't have this and that. Makes it so much easier to know what they can and can't do.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-10 12:02:35
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Sagiaurex said: »
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Leviathan.Sagiaurex said: »
Its a catch-22 either way. If game stays like this, players will complain and quit, cuz nothing will get done with the average player. If they merge, the players who farm dynamis and limbus will get pissed cuz their cash cow is delimited, and they'll...quit.

Lol, I mean how do you want it? tons of players to choose from, or only a select few good ones to get content wins?

Or just don't be part of the problem and assist in bettering said players.

Sadly most players you just can't help. It isn't about finding people who can get better. It's finding people who are willing to learn how to gear/play the jobs they want to play. Most people think you are belittling them when you give advice.

Some you can't but a lot of them you can, doesn't help to try when it's possible.

I've tried with a bunch of players. Some actually do get better some don't. But from what I noticed its the latter. I try to bypass a lot of the beginning question by just getting them on Skype and explaining things verbally. It does feel good helping people with gearswap and explaining events but it does take its toll. Explaining things to 20 different people, monthly is boring.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-10 12:10:00
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Nightsage said: »
Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Not sure why people still do tojil. IS tree that much harder?
For more experienced players, no. The vast majority might find it a little more challenging. I'm always down for more plasm. More bang for my buck. Look me up when you're doing Tree. I'll even come WHM or a support job if you need. LOL.

You should play Squabble so i can stop playing brd.. Ever since i decided to gear brd that's all i get asked to go anymore.

I asked you to Sam you said you don't want to change since you on bard lol
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-10 12:14:28
Link | Citer | R

Nightsage is one of the better but too lazy to change even if doesn't feel like it - kinda player. LOL.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-10 12:19:00
Link | Citer | R

For more experienced players, no. The vast majority might find it a little more challenging. I'm always down for more plasm. More bang for my buck. Look me up when you're doing Tree. I'll even come WHM or a support job if you need. LOL.

Thanks for the offer. I'll look you up when tree.
 Lakshmi.Nightsage
user: Nightsage
By Lakshmi.Nightsage 2014-10-10 12:20:32
Link | Citer | R

You should play Squabble so i can stop playing brd.. Ever since i decided to gear brd that's all i get asked to go anymore.

I asked you to Sam you said you don't want to change since you on bard lol

since i like my equipment in places i know where to find it, it takes me forever and a day to change between brd and sam. was already on brd so just stayed put lol.
 Lakshmi.Nightsage
By Lakshmi.Nightsage 2014-10-10 12:21:54
Link | Citer | R

He doesn't play at normal people hrs since he lives out on the west coast!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-10 12:31:44
Link | Citer | R

I think having hundreds of subpar players doesn't solve anything anyways, since you aren't going to win with less than good players. If this was 2004, could you just shout and pick up random people to kill Kirin etc?

I'm just giving an example, but the problem is really with players. Sure, idling in Port Jeuno is an issue, but the bigger issues lies with when you finally do get the people to play, can you even clear the content?

I would much rather have 18 really good, flexible players that can play multiple jobs than 150 sams rngs and thfs who don't know the value of a DT or idle set is. More is not always better in this case. Hell, I got JP players on my friend list, not because I can chat with them, but because I know I could rely on them through google translate to help clear content than some of these english speaking players who don't have any experience.

Comparing 04 Kirin to today wat. The majority of today's content isn't that hard but the lack of available people keeps many out of the content. If you cant do content you cant get better. Barring VD stuff most content can be done with normal people but if normal people aren't around then the game is dead. More people allows more opportunity to game.v

Having 150 people on at primetime is unacceptable for a pay to play game.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-10 12:33:13
Link | Citer | R

He doesn't play at normal people hrs since he lives out on the west coast!
Yup! We have more than 6 FPS out here. Lol :p
 Lakshmi.Nightsage
By Lakshmi.Nightsage 2014-10-10 12:35:16
Link | Citer | R

funny lol
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-10 12:40:15
Link | Citer | R

But in all seriousness, the more experienced players would rather do events with those on or close to same experience/level. For us that don't have as much time to play as before, it's nice to logon and complete what you want for that day/evening, etc. What's frustrating is the feeling of logging only to lose to something you've done so many times in the past. That's perhaps why others have quit. They either don't have the time or the patience, quit cuz their friends quit, or don't believe the game is worth playing anymore.

So you gotta ask yourself, why do you keep playing? What motivates you?
 Siren.Sieha
Serveur: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-10-10 12:57:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I think having hundreds of subpar players doesn't solve anything anyways, since you aren't going to win with less than good players. If this was 2004, could you just shout and pick up random people to kill Kirin etc?

I'm just giving an example, but the problem is really with players. Sure, idling in Port Jeuno is an issue, but the bigger issues lies with when you finally do get the people to play, can you even clear the content?

I would much rather have 18 really good, flexible players that can play multiple jobs than 150 sams rngs and thfs who don't know the value of a DT or idle set is. More is not always better in this case. Hell, I got JP players on my friend list, not because I can chat with them, but because I know I could rely on them through google translate to help clear content than some of these english speaking players who don't have any experience.

Comparing 04 Kirin to today wat. The majority of today's content isn't that hard but the lack of available people keeps many out of the content. If you cant do content you cant get better. Barring VD stuff most content can be done with normal people but if normal people aren't around then the game is dead. More people allows more opportunity to game.v

Having 150 people on at primetime is unacceptable for a pay to play game.

Move servers then. Its not that hard...
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-10 12:59:05
Link | Citer | R

But in all seriousness, the more experienced players would rather do events with those on or close to same experience/level. For us that don't have as much time to play as before, it's nice to logon and complete what you want for that day/evening, etc. What's frustrating is the feeling of logging only to lose to something you've done so many times in the past. That's perhaps why others have quit. They either don't have the time or the patience, quit cuz their friends quit, or don't believe the game is worth playing anymore.

So you gotta ask yourself, why do you keep playing? What motivates you?

Game is great if you have motivation to Level/Gear/Play a new job.

Good players
Once you get the gear needed and appropriate sets and items the only fun to be had is either make a REM, Help people or level another job. once you go thru this process couple times you either feel accomplished or bored of the repetitiveness.

Bad players
Doing content over and over. unable to obtain clears/gear you want. You either buy it from a shell or shout non stop in town. After a while you either feel that the game is too tough or you aren't able to find people to help you with the stuff you need. unable to fully gear one job and see leveling another job not worth it.

Some cases are different but mostly this is what happens.
By Heimdel 2014-10-10 13:03:03
Link | Citer | R

I don't think they would combine servers yet because they are looking at JP times wht can still have 1500+ people on compared to na time swhat might have as low as 700.
 Lakshmi.Feint
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2014-10-10 13:14:07
Link | Citer | R

Maybe they can somehow make NA and JP servers like they did in 14.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-10 13:25:03
Link | Citer | R

No thanks, regional servers suck for anyone who doesn't play at their prime times. It's also a lot more competition for things like Dynamis/Salvage. I like a somewhat empty server, I don't have much playtime these days, I'd rather not feel obligated to be glued to the keyboard to jump at any opportunity to do content.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feint
By Lakshmi.Feint 2014-10-10 13:49:34
Link | Citer | R

I dunno, haven't been able to get things done during prime time as well. The population issue is something that should be addressed in some way.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-10 13:51:50
Link | Citer | R

If there's some content you can't clear because of lack of bodies, reach out to other groups or shout. I'm always down to do stuff, I even join Amymy's VW shouts, lol.
 Lakshmi.Feint
By Lakshmi.Feint 2014-10-10 13:57:16
Link | Citer | R

You must not notice the people who shout for a while.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-10 14:00:57
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
If there's some content you can't clear because of lack of bodies, reach out to other groups or shout. I'm always down to do stuff, I even join Amymy's VW shouts, lol.

I shout for things that WILL get filled. Void watch, tree. Lol now if I tried shouting for paladin on a AA fight. Might take a while lol
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-10 14:13:34
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Feint said: »
I dunno, haven't been able to get things done during prime time as well. The population issue is something that should be addressed in some way.

What exactly u want to get done?
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-10 14:15:58
Link | Citer | R

I'll give it to Amymy though. She wants to finish her 99 harp so she's setting up her own Kaggens. Good job Amy!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-10 14:41:16
Link | Citer | R

So many Lakshmi players in this thread and not enough H-P Bayld and Bayld selling :p

Just a friendly reminder.. Hi.

And yeah it can be kinda quiet on Lakshmi at times.
 Lakshmi.Feint
By Lakshmi.Feint 2014-10-10 15:00:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Feint said: »

What exactly u want to get done?
Things that don't make you rich :P

Zero, I have a few to sell you!
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-10 15:02:05
Link | Citer | R

I'll give it to Amymy though. She wants to finish her 99 harp so she's setting up her own Kaggens. Good job Amy!

It's driving me nuts lol 860 left to go
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-10 15:06:40
Link | Citer | R

Since this thread is called ugh.... I Need to complain too.

People stop undercutting stuff that sells. Airlixer +2, kaggen cuticle. It's gonna sell. Be patience.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-10 15:07:51
Link | Citer | R

It's fine for me, nice having people to play with. They need to add more in depth content. I know many ppl that quit because they are bored. Low man everything isn't fun to everyone, and the hard mode stuff can get stale. We need new voidwatch and abyssea!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Nightsage
By Lakshmi.Nightsage 2014-10-10 15:22:16
Link | Citer | R

People stop undercutting stuff that sells. Airlixer +2, kaggen cuticle. It's gonna sell. Be patience.

This is beyond annoying, can recall +2 lixers selling for 700k and some moron single handedly dropped the price to low 500 range.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-10 15:26:43
Link | Citer | R

This is beyond annoying, can recall +2 lixers selling for 700k and some moron single handedly dropped the price to low 500 range.

Went up to 780,000 at one point.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-10 15:28:02
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
So many Lakshmi players in this thread and not enough H-P Bayld and Bayld selling :p Just a friendly reminder.. Hi. And yeah it can be kinda quiet on Lakshmi at times.

Derp Derp.. You will get none of our HRB. I'm waiting for the Bonanza to release a Bayld-jar item, that can be redeemed for all of the bayld needed for ergon all in one shot. You know its coming.

to this comment above from Draylo, smfh, I swear your players are literally going back and forth in circles, every 8 months. One moment theres: NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE TO DO 18-MAN DELVES! Next moment its: WE NEED MORE 18-PERSON CONTENT AND STUFF!

I don't get it anymore. This is primarily the reason I only give a fck about GEO and BLU, because people never know what they want. Do you want a server merge or sparse servers? I mean you have to pick.

I can't count how many times people have said "xyz content is hard" (PW, AV when released, some Legion), and now we are hearing "xyz content has no depth". Smh.