Starting Synergy

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » Starting Synergy
Starting Synergy
By BronnOfSylph 2014-09-28 11:14:29
Link | Citer | R

I just began trying to level Synergy. Most of the guides I've seen recommend mythril leaves and vitriol to skill up by spamming earth fewell. This is agonizingly slow...is that still a viable method or were there tweaks that make it less effective? I also tried Federation earring but that seems to be skilling up at the same rate.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-09-28 15:43:06
Link | Citer | R

I've been gradually working on Synergy as well, but using Gold Leaves and Vitriol. I did try abjurations at one point since I wanted to get rid of fewell from SKCNM fights, but that was pretty much the same. Seems to be just slow no matter what you do. Even on the double skill up campaign day, it was relatively slow going.

I've been meaning to get a Portafurnace and try it in Adoulin areas (does it work there?) and see if the skill up bonuses there will help at all.
 Cerberus.Halticus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-09-28 16:16:35
Link | Citer | R

Mythril leaves x4, 2 Vitriol, Kitron Macaron food, Ionis to level 40.
Gold Leaves x4, 2 Vitriol, Kitron Macaron food, Ionis to level 50.
Platinum Leaves x4, 2 Vitriol, Kitron Macaron food, Ionis to level 70.
Kitron Macaron, Ionis, Craft Stall to level 80.
Spamming nothing but Earth Fewell

This is the fastest method. I was able to go 0-40 in 24hrs however rates do slow up considerably past that point. Good Luck with your Synergy ^^

Edit: Thwacking the furnace when needed will also produce skill ups as well
 Ragnarok.Allslove
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Allslove
By Ragnarok.Allslove 2014-09-28 16:40:49
Link | Citer | R

I don't know if there's any truth to it, but when I leveled synergy I tried to keep the synth level close to my own skill level. Skillups just seemed to roll in faster that way (like with fishing). Bump up to the next leaf synth when you're only getting 5% impurity per feed.

The reason the Leaf synths work so well is because they don't have a requisite craft skill to have beforehand.

Synergy furnaces will work outside, but I cannot attest to the skill up rate in Adoulin as my Synergy was capped long ago.

To my recollection, thwacking the furnace only produced a skillup if you successfully stop the explosion.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-09-28 17:44:55
Link | Citer | R

I think you're correct, I did notice better skill ups when I started out and using recipes that were within reasonable distance (5-10) compared to something higher level. Guess I forgot all about them.
By BronnOfSylph 2014-09-28 20:44:01
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, I guess I should just be more patient. All this work just for augments on Genbu's shield...