Forum » FFXI » General » Fishing Devil Manta
Fishing Devil Manta
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-05 12:44:10
Link | Citer | R

Idk know about tricks. But fishing skill plays a big role in how fish and mobs react. And the messages you get. If it didn't break my line so much I'd just go there with shrimp lures and fish up the fish that breaks lu shangs instead of letting it go since that is decent money.
 Seraph.Antonious
Serveur: Seraph
user: Antonious
By Seraph.Antonious 2010-02-05 13:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Artemiz said:
Bahamut.Joyopjogoyop said:
yes i think everything that is OUTSIDE of the game that a 360 or PS2 CAN NOT USE is ILLEGAL
But Xbox users are perfectly fine using party chat which PC users can't? got ya. And no, it's not like vent because someone has to pay for vent which means not everyone has access to it. For many many events in game real time communication is far better than anything windower can provide.

But Xbox players have to pay yearly for xbox live so they can play FFXI and use that party chat ability. PC users don't have to pay to play the game, minus regular internet which everyone needs to do. So basically,

PC: Internet, Playonline, vent (optional)
XBOX: Internet, Xbox live, Playonline (all mandatory)

We pay for Xbox live so we can play and use the party chat just like you'd pay to use vent. Only difference is, we have to pay for our Chat thing cause we can't play without it, you get the option. I don't see that as cheating, pay for vent if you want the ability to chat...it doesn't violate the agreement terms like other tools do.
 Fenrir.Wynnia
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2010-02-06 01:11:21
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Antonious said:
PC: Internet, Playonline, vent (optional)
XBOX: Internet, Xbox live, Playonline (all mandatory)

We pay for Xbox live so we can play and use the party chat just like you'd pay to use vent.

I've been playing FFXI on my Xbox for over a year and not once have I paid for XBox live. Yes, XBox Live is required to play FFXI on the XBox, but you can connect with a Silver (free) account.
By Cobrayouth 2010-02-10 18:50:51
Link | Citer | R

I used to fish this all the time for gil. For a long time I thought that the full time fishers with me where using a malicious program to find the ID of what was on the line, due to them always fishing up the Manta and not the pug, or crabs.

Then one day I figured it out and have since myself been called a cheater, although I play on Xbox and couldn't be using a 3rd party program myself. The Devil Manta does react in a slightly different way than the fish or crabs, and it's not how much it fights back.

Not everyone that only pulls up the Manta is a cheater, they have just taken the time to learn how to tell the differance between it and the other inhabitance of the little pond.

(No, I'm not going to tell you how to tell which one is the Devil Manta.)
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-10 18:56:27
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Kindle said:
Stop fishing and find a solid way to make gil.

i don't know about devil manta fishing, but regular fishing is about as solid as it gets
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-10 19:12:25
Link | Citer | R

I used to fish this hardcore like 6-7 hours a day after spending that much time you know everything about how it works . I used to get a skin every 2 days or so it was a great gil source . Its good to have 2-3 rivals it actually helps to fish the manta out faster .