Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 110 111 112
 Asura.Bippin
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-07-22 16:19:25
Link | Citer | R

{feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+21','Potency of "Cure" effect received+1%','Weapon skill damage +7%','Accuracy+16 Attack+16','Mag. Acc.+14 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}}
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-07-22 16:56:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur said: »
Unless you're getting rogues roll for some reason, I'm not sure I'd want to spend the effort/time/gil rolling for near perfect valorous augments when a better, freeish piece exists.

Crit rate/damage augments for drakesbane is probably a better use of resources.

I had them left over from SAM.

Edit: Honestly this game is all about marginal upgrades/side grades as of late. If you have nothing left to improve on, why not?
By eeternal 2020-07-23 18:19:26
Link | Citer | R

For high level endgame content, what's better output Shinning One Impulsive Drive or Trish Stardiver? assuming no SC involved and attack capped/near for most endgame except volt mobs
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2020-07-23 19:14:54
Link | Citer | R

eeternal said: »
For high level endgame content, what's better output Shinning One Impulsive Drive or Trish Stardiver? assuming no SC involved and attack capped/near for most endgame except volt mobs

I'm going to assume trish is r15, otherwise for pure zerg I'd lean heavily on Shining One.

Well I would say largely dependent on gear and situation, in dynamis D wave 1/2, Shining One's ability to one shot mobs more consistently and with fewer buffs/less gear can be huge for avoiding sp abilities. Also using jumps/fly high to drop many 2k+ tp impulse drives in quick succession is pretty good.

Shining one has more acc and Impulse drive being front loaded can fall back on first hit acc bonus on ws's if necessary while Stardiver needs every hit landing.

At the moment I lean more towards r15 trish for pure zerg when fully buffed but it's fairly close and I suspect if I ever get some silly ws damage DM augments I might end up going back to shining one.
By Spaitin 2020-07-25 16:55:58
Link | Citer | R

For high level endgame content, what's better output Shinning One Impulsive Drive or Trish Stardiver?
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44396/sigurds-descendants-the-art-of-dragon-slaying/85/#3457706
This is generally accurate.

6 man party, Trish wins pretty handily. in an alliance with more buffs available then shining one will probably jump ahead.

Figuring out best weapon for alliance gets a bit iffy. Alliances might have 2 cors a smn a dnc and a empy DPS to boost your crit rates and TP bonus. 6 man parties are easier to plan/theorize about.

Better question would be "what weapon is best with (insert buffs) against (insert target)?" If you dont want specifics. The answer is trish for when SC is okay Shining/naeg for when you dont want to SC.
By eeternal 2020-07-25 19:41:03
Link | Citer | R

Thank you .. seems ID for spamming WS and SD for SC .. buffs are the usual chaos/sam/frailty/fury/x2 march x1 mad x1 min
By Spaitin 2020-07-25 19:59:18
Link | Citer | R

seems ID for spamming WS and SD for SC
Those numbers were without SC being counted. So spamming stardiver will do more damage than Impulse Drive WITHOUT counting SC. With the buffs you mentioned. Trishula wins handily. THe only exception being when you dont want to have a SC go off. Onychophora and Kin etc.

At R0 It is a push.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-07-27 12:07:53
Link | Citer | R

With Ryunohige R15, what's the way to max out dps? Drakesbane for AM3 and then spam Stardiver? Or just pure Drakesbane spam? I'm finishing up my polearm this month and trying to get ready to actually use it (have R15 Trishula already).
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-07-27 12:22:34
Link | Citer | R

3k Drakes for AM3, then spam Drakesbane some more. lol. Could stardiver once a minute/mob for crit eva-.
[+]
By Xaander 2020-07-27 12:41:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
With Ryunohige R15, what's the way to max out dps? Drakesbane for AM3 and then spam Stardiver? Or just pure Drakesbane spam? I'm finishing up my polearm this month and trying to get ready to actually use it (have R15 Trishula already).

If you're in a situation using trusts, you can cap your haste and just spam self skill chains with the 3 hit build. The tp gain is so fast, you aren't reliant on jumps to continuously sc with yourself. Even a seven step SC, but most things you'd be soloing won't survive that long.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-07-27 15:31:07
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
3k Drakes for AM3, then spam Drakesbane some more. lol. Could stardiver once a minute/mob for crit eva-.

Thanks! I was a little concerned looking at the attack penalty but for the content I plan to use Ryuno for I should be able to overcap attack.

Xaander said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »

If you're in a situation using trusts, you can cap your haste and just spam self skill chains with the 3 hit build. The tp gain is so fast, you aren't reliant on jumps to continuously sc with yourself. Even a seven step SC, but most things you'd be soloing won't survive that long.

I really only use dragoon in fully-buffed situations but maybe I'll try this out, thanks.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
By Gasho 2020-09-10 04:21:14
Link | Citer | R

hello,
what is BIS waist now for Stardiver?
By Ozaii 2020-09-10 04:46:37
Link | Citer | R

Fotia. Dont think sailfi beats it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Darcain
Serveur: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2020-09-20 22:18:18
Link | Citer | R

Figured Id breathe some life into this thread and point out the obvious, that Vim Torque +1 R15 makes a great jump piece. Do take note however, the Drain tick activates on a global timer and not based on how long it's been equipped. So it is possible to kill yourself with unlucky timing. But that also means sometimes you get the extra 20 TP.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-09-24 11:40:32
Link | Citer | R

Ozaii said: »
Just to add:
Fotia belt for Stardiver

Sailfi Belt +1 R15 for Drakebane/Impluse/Savage/Camlann/Sonic

Edit: Was wrong about sonic/Camlann
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-09-24 13:30:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
Ozaii said: »
Just to add:
Fotia belt for Camlann/Sonic/Stardiver

Sailfi Belt +1 R15 for Drakebane/Impluse/Savage
R15 Sailfi+1 is also going to be best for Camlann's and Sonic. Stardiver is the only fotia holdout.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-09-24 14:21:53
Link | Citer | R

Thank you
By Ozaii 2020-09-24 22:54:04
Link | Citer | R

Can use sailfi on fullswing/retribution as well. Not sure ifnits bis for retribution though.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Jackflashh
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kido
By Bahamut.Jackflashh 2020-11-10 03:11:54
Link | Citer | R

Would someone mind posting their updated Trish and Shining One TP sets? Kind of basing some off of older posts and personal sets from vet Drgs here, but would like to know focus for each set and stp break points if available. Thanks!
 Shiva.Anoq
Serveur: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2020-11-12 11:32:14
Link | Citer | R

stp in gear needed for 4 hit with trish and /sam?
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-11-12 11:35:14
Link | Citer | R

I don't have sets setup on here but I can show you what I have tonight.
 Shiva.Anoq
By Shiva.Anoq 2020-11-12 11:35:39
Link | Citer | R

thanks 8
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-12 11:40:04
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Here_Be_DRGs

This guide is what ive been using for Trish sets, ive found it pretty helpful.
[+]
 Shiva.Anoq
By Shiva.Anoq 2020-11-12 11:50:02
Link | Citer | R

Yeah thats the guide I use, but was curious if there was a set number of stp in gear to aim for. My luck with Oseem is terrible at best, so was seeing how I could work with what I have to hit that number.
 Shiva.Anoq
By Shiva.Anoq 2020-11-12 11:54:18
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/376549

is what I'm using atm
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-12 12:24:34
Link | Citer | R

The Acro hands are pretty cheap to augment and they dont really make a massive acc issue anyway as im still at 1200 acc without buffs or food.
Code
sets.TP.CappedHaste = {
		ammo = "Ginsen",
		head = "Flamma Zucchetto +2",
		neck = "Anu Torque",
		ear1 = "Dedition Earring",
		ear2 = "Cessance Earring",
		body = "Hjarrandi Breast.",
		hands = AcroGauntlets.STP,
		ring1 = "Niqmaddu Ring",
		ring2 = "Flamma Ring",
		back = Brig.DATP,
		waist = "Ioskeha Belt +1",
		legs = ValorousHose.STP,
		feet = ValorousFeet.MA,

Code
sets.TP.AccuracyLite = {
		ammo = "Ginsen",
		head = "Flamma Zucchetto +2",
		neck = "Lissome Necklace",
		ear1 = "Brutal Earring",
		ear2 = "Cessance Earring",
		body = "Hjarrandi Breast.",
		hands = AcroGauntlets.STP,
		ring1 = "Niqmaddu Ring",
		ring2 = "Flamma Ring",
		back = Brig.DATP,
		waist = "Ioskeha Belt +1",
		legs = ValorousHose.STP,
		feet = "Flamma Gambieras +2"

For when SAM's roll is up its swaps in these pieces.
Code
sets.SAMRoll.CappedHaste = set_combine(sets.TP.CappedHaste, {        
		neck = "Shulmanu Collar",
		ear1 = "Brutal Earring",
		body = ValorousBody.DA,
		hands = "Sulevia's Gauntlets +2",
                back = Brig.DATP,
    })

sets.SAMRoll.AccuracyLite = set_combine(sets.TP.AccuracyLite, {        
		neck = "Shulmanu Collar",
                body = ValorousBody.DA,
		hands = "Sulevia's Gauntlets +2",
                back = Brig.DATP,

The Valorous pieces are.
Code
ValorousBody.DA = { name="Valorous Mail", augments={'Accuracy+21 Attack+21','"Dbl.Atk."+4','DEX+9','Accuracy+15',}}
Code
ValorousHose.STP = { name="Valor. Hose", augments={'Accuracy+26','"Store TP"+7','DEX+7',}}
Code
ValorousFeet.MA = { name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'Pet: AGI+6','Accuracy+4','Quadruple Attack +3','Accuracy+16 Attack+16',}}
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-11-29 16:55:48
Link | Citer | R

Is there a good use for Dreki Ring?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-11-29 17:31:33
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Is there a good use for Dreki Ring?
It's a decent TP ring, but there's better out there.

It may also have some use in a wyvern elemental breath set, if wyvern level+1 also adds magic accuracy. Which you would think it does. And since there's only one other pet macc ring that DRG can wear, even if it didn't you've got nothing else to swap in for post WS breaths. <,<;

This is not so much the case for the neck slot and Dragoon's Collar... There's already a pet Macc+20 neck. So I'd want to confirm macc+ on wyvern lvl+ and how much for that one. Wyvern lvl+1 gives like +37 physical acc(iirc) to a wyvern, so if macc was mirrored it'd be significant, and better than the other neck option. But that needs to be confirmed.

I've actually tried to test wyvern lvl+ for macc gains, but macc tests are a huge ***, and I didn't get any usable results. :/

So there is a likely, but minor, use for the ring, assuming you already have better in terms of TP rings.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-11-29 18:01:24
Link | Citer | R

Thx
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-11-29 18:20:40
Link | Citer | R

I use it for Steady Wing/Healing Breath as well, but again mostly cause there is nothing else to use
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 110 111 112