Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116
By Dodik 2024-09-13 06:33:17
Link | Citer | R

Not really. I see shining outperform trishula all the time on non-one-shottable things.

Sad that an ambu weapon beats an aeonic of the same type but it is what it is.
By SimonSes 2024-09-13 07:25:59
Link | Citer | R

Atrox78 said: »
Dodik said: »
I've never seen shinning out parse a properly geared drg spamming stardiver.

Citation needed.

On anything that can't be one spotted? Better?

According to simulation against target with Apex Toad stats, it's not even close.

Trishula: 2.76 sec to WS
Trishula DPS: 12874
Trishula WS median: 53781

Shining One: 4.425 second to WS
Shining One DPS: 17257
Shining One WS median: 90305
[+]
By K123 2024-09-13 07:35:57
Link | Citer | R

90k WS median? Really? Sounds like bs
By Dodik 2024-09-13 07:38:29
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like you need better impulse drive sets.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-09-13 07:39:08
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Creaucent said: »
SimonSes said: »
Drg > War for single weilding. Faster tp gain by far, even when not subbing war.

Gearset is more less solid. Can swap in nyame or Odin head if you need survivability and nyame feet. You'd hardly notice a difference.

In closing, make Gae Buide and forever rid yourselves from that stupid sword (unless doing Bumba, or sheol C, or some helms).

You can't really use Odin head, it has no haste and this set without head has only 24% haste. Naegling build requires 26%, because you don't have hasso from /sam.

I said IF you need survivability which would take priority.

If you need survivability there are better options to switch to like Gleti's or Nyame heads if you still need haste on the head slot.

Nyame A path is pretty amazing for DT tp set on DRG. Also Kraken Club/AM3 builds. You're not going to use B path for anything besides Raiden Thrust on DRG and most of the DDs are similar between AF/relic/empy WSD head pieces because of the stats vs nyame.
By SimonSes 2024-09-13 07:48:02
Link | Citer | R

K123 said: »
90k WS median? Really? Sounds like bs

K123 is right, I haven't used sim in like 7 months and forgot i put custom moonshade earring there to simulate savagery. I'm really sorry hahaha

checking it again..
I also added Angon because attack wasn't capped.

Trishula: 2.76 sec to WS
Trishula DPS: 12494
Trishula WS median: 43824

Shining One: 4.812 second to WS
Shining One DPS: 13802
Shining One WS median: 74605

Stardiver is at 1000TP+, Impulse at 1750TP+
Sim shows that waiting for higher TP with Trishula is DPS loss.
By Dodik 2024-09-13 07:58:11
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
You're not going to use B path for anything besides Raiden Thrust on DRG

Unless you want to use savage blade, or Gae Buide..
By Nariont 2024-09-13 08:14:03
Link | Citer | R

Think that was specific to headgear, so emp+3 fills that spot
[+]
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-09-13 08:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Drg > War for single weilding. Faster tp gain by far, even when not subbing war.

Gearset is more less solid. Can swap in nyame or Odin head if you need survivability and nyame feet. You'd hardly notice a difference.

In closing, make Gae Buide and forever rid yourselves from that stupid sword (unless doing Bumba, or sheol C, or some helms).

You can't really use Odin head, it has no haste and this set without head has only 24% haste. Naegling build requires 26%, because you don't have hasso from /sam.

If you need survivability there are better options to switch to like Gleti's or Nyame heads if you still need haste on the head slot.

Nyame A path is pretty amazing for DT tp set on DRG. Also Kraken Club/AM3 builds. You're not going to use B path for anything besides Raiden Thrust on DRG and most of the DDs are similar between AF/relic/empy WSD head pieces because of the stats vs nyame.

As much as i would like to justify path A Nyame as a DRG main.... path B offers so much more for other jobs its hard to turn it down. Nyame path B still gets DA+4-5% at ranks 25-30.
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-09-13 08:38:02
Link | Citer | R

and just to put above numbers to perspective:

Gae Buide: 3.283 sec to WS (1250TP+)
Gae Buide DSP: 16872
Gae Buide WS median: 69541

Naegling/Kraken: 1.401 sec to WS (1300TP+)
Naegling/Kraken DPS: 26646
Naegling/Kraken WS median: 76160

Naegling/Fencer: 3.255 sec to WS (1250TP+)
Naegling/Fencer: 18828
Naegling/Fencer WS median: 86058

Naegling all the things XD
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-09-13 08:58:20
Link | Citer | R

As much as i would like to justify path A Nyame as a DRG main.... path B offers so much more for other jobs its hard to turn it down. Nyame path B still gets DA+4-5% at ranks 25-30.

I was messing with the calc. Even R25 Path B Nyame surprisingly looked decent for some multi hit WS. Mainly the pieces that get STR Augments and Atleast 5-6 DA.

I wanted Path A's

Pretty disgusting lmao

I wish I had a KC. If you don't mind is it possible to check DPS with. :

Naegling + Ternion+1
Naegling + D Degen +1
Naegling + Mktis (lol I know...)

Or if you can throw that calc my way. I am currently using the all jobs calc But it seems a bit wonky sometimes.

Also I am trying to "Get gud" with my Stardiver sets. But it kind of feels like Impulse with Trishula are a bit more consistent.

It wouldn't be much different than an Anguta DRK spamming Cross Reaper. It breaks my heart just a bit though.

Curious what the DPS would look like.
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-09-13 09:20:12
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I am currently using the all jobs calc But it seems a bit wonky sometimes.

That is what I use too, but I haven't found it wonky at all :D
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-09-13 09:20:55
Link | Citer | R

I was messing with the calc. Even R25 Path B Nyame surprisingly looked decent for some multi hit WS. Mainly the pieces that get STR Augments and Atleast 5-6 DA.

I wanted Path A's

Pretty disgusting lmao

I wish I had a KC. If you don't mind is it possible to check DPS with. :

Naegling + Ternion+1
Naegling + D Degen +1
Naegling + Mktis (lol I know...)

Or if you can throw that calc my way. I am currently using the all jobs calc But it seems a bit wonky sometimes.

Also I am trying to "Get gud" with my Stardiver sets. But it kind of feels like Impulse with Trishula are a bit more consistent.

It wouldn't be much different than an Anguta DRK spamming Cross Reaper. It breaks my heart just a bit though.

Curious what the DPS would look like.

Yeah I have REMA polearms and it's so *** annoying using Naegling for ***that i absolutely have to. I dont mind doing lower damage just to use my polearms.
By SimonSes 2024-09-13 09:27:08
Link | Citer | R

Naegling + Ternion+1

Ok I havent expected that...
It shows 25600 dps, just 1k behind Kraken >.>
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
Serveur: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-09-13 10:06:50
Link | Citer | R

Sword on DRG is (still) gross. Just make prime and be done with it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-09-13 10:26:43
Link | Citer | R

I am currently using the all jobs calc But it seems a bit wonky sometimes.

That is what I use too, but I haven't found it wonky at all :D

It seemed like after a certain point, damage would stop increasing. Mainly with certain relic WS.

But if I tested it out in game, numbers would be a bit higher. Maybe it's just an issue with Ranged or Relic WS? *shrug*

Naegling + Ternion+1

Appreciate the update on stuff though. Ternion+1 is an excellent dagger, Gleti's just over shadows it on other jobs.

I didn't think it would be that close to KC however.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-09-13 10:40:11
Link | Citer | R

Definitely make the Prime. It's so good.

Ternion being that good doesn't surprise me. Lower delay would be less attractive for jumps, but I still believe those numbers would be close. It would definitely help people I play with who have less gear to be able to do segments more easily since the gil requirement is so much lower and it would be a good acc swap.

If piercing resistance wasn't a thing, I'd be all Polearm purist, but I'd rather be playing DRG than any other DD so I'll take what I can get. And what I can get is an absolute murder machine with Savage Blade. On the other hand, when a mob is piercing weak, I am smiling very wide because you done *** up mob and I will happily put you into the ground.

DRG has so much going for it right now and very decent flexibility. You might as well enjoy it
By K123 2024-09-13 12:01:59
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like you don't understand FFXI and I was right. No worries, you've learned the answer.
By Veydal1 2024-09-13 14:39:01
Link | Citer | R

Naegling + Ternion+1

Have you updated the program / files? There have been numerous changes over the last few months.
By Dodik 2024-09-13 14:49:53
Link | Citer | R

Nah, your sets still need work.
By SimonSes 2024-09-13 16:53:18
Link | Citer | R

Veydal1 said: »
Naegling + Ternion+1

Have you updated the program / files? There have been numerous changes over the last few months.

Thx for that info. I havent been aware about that huge delay fix for Dual Wield!

Rechecked Naegling sets and results are kinda shocking!

Naegling/Kraken DPS: 18717
Naegling/Ternion+1: 17052
Naegling/Fencer: 18812

So looks like you don't need Kraken Club at all, especially for Segments, because /war for Fencer also offers access to Judgment, which is by far the best option for anything that requires blunt damage. Fencer TP set is also much more straight forward (unless you really have access to Nyame path A) and can be used against high evasion stuff too, since there is no non ilvl weapon involved.
[+]
By K123 2024-09-13 18:12:57
Link | Citer | R

This is just paper math though, doesn't explain kill speed. For the sake of full clearing you're obviously fine with a mix of DRG and WAR with no KC needed. 2 SAM can full clear too, just don't take DRK.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-13 18:22:48
Link | Citer | R

The irony of Asura will never cease to amaze me.

Props to you if you have a group of people that let you play how you want for your $12.99, but it makes no sense to gimp your runs.

2 SAM can full clear too, just don't take DRK.
[+]
By Kaffy 2024-09-13 18:49:00
Link | Citer | R

Only partially Asura fault because no other server has PUGs to speak of, but if you only ever PUG segments you're probably gonna tryhard and have a skewed perspective of what is possible.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-09-13 18:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like you don't understand FFXI and I was right. No worries, you've learned the answer.

Sadly you can hit capped damage with Shining One fairly easy. Either sort your sets out of sort your support out.
By K123 2024-09-13 22:04:21
Link | Citer | R

Sadly you can hit capped damage with Shining One fairly easy. Either sort your sets out of sort your support out.
That doesn't mean you can average 90k though. I called it out as wrong and he confirmed he was wrong. What exactly don't you understand?
By K123 2024-09-13 22:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

Props to you if you have a group of people that let you play how you want for your $12.99, but it makes no sense to gimp your runs.

Amuse me and explain the "irony".
I don't think that means what you think it means.
By K123 2024-09-13 22:07:22
Link | Citer | R

Kaffy said: »
Only partially Asura fault because no other server has PUGs to speak of, but if you only ever PUG segments you're probably gonna tryhard and have a skewed perspective of what is possible.
DRK is objectively worse than DRG WAR SAM. Pug or not doesn't change this fact. DRK DRK can probably full clear but then so could NIN NIN.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-13 22:22:53
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

Amuse me and explain the "irony".
I don't think that means what you think it means.

You complain that you can't find people who will let you play the way you want for your $12.99, but then turn around and tell people how to play (they can't play DRK) with their $12.99. You are a victim of the meta while also perpetuating the meta by telling people they shouldn't play in sub-optimal ways. Except doing BRD songs wrong (but that's another level of meta-ception)
[+]
By Kaffy 2024-09-13 23:39:40
Link | Citer | R

Kaffy said: »
DRK is objectively worse than DRG WAR SAM. Pug or not doesn't change this fact. DRK DRK can probably full clear but then so could NIN NIN.

If 2 DRK can full clear then why not take them? Keep digging my friend.
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116