users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Uriel Blade & Savage Blade dat mods
Uriel Blade & Savage Blade dat mods
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-07-28 09:31:10
Link | Citer | R

I've always liked the way Uriel Blade looks and wanted to change the Savage Blade dat mods to be Uriel Blade, for use when I'm doing light skillchain with T.Assault. Any idea which dat mods are for Uriel Blade and Savage Blade so I can do an even swap.

Also, is there a guide to doing this so I dont totally mess up my game data? I know about making a copy of it, just want to move the files to the right place.

Thanks.
By Vavaud 2014-07-28 19:11:35
Link | Citer | R

It entirely depends on the race you're playing on (or whatever race you're viewing yourself on, if using plastic surgeon, keep in mind).

Here's a basic rundown on what you have to do:
1. Locate the Uriel Blade file for the Race/Gender you want, copy it
2. Paste it to your desktop, so you can change it's name without interfering with the rest of your files
3. Change the filename to the number listed below for the SAVAGE BLADE filename that matches your race/gender. For example, if you were playing on Hume male, change the file from 3.dat to 19.dat
4. Locate the actual Savage Blade file, and rename it to something like 19old.dat so you don't lose it, and can change it back if you want to later
5. Copy the renamed Uriel Blade file into this folder

You will notice the effect on WS .dat swaps after you zone, I believe.

Easy, right?

All FFXI .dat files are located on your computer in the following folder (this is assuming you installed at the default locations):

C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM

From here, there's a LOT of folders simply titled with numbers. When I reference files below, i'll say, for example, "240/19". This refers to the folder numbered 240, and the file within called 19.

File locations for the following races. Uriel Blade (UB) followed by Savage Blade (SB):

Hume Male: UB - 240/3 | SB - 100/19
Hume Female: UB - 240/10 | SB - 101/48
Elv Male: UB - 240/60 | SB - 102/77
Elv Female: UB - 240/24 | SB - 103/106
Tarutaru (both genders): UB - 240/32 | SB - 105/7
Mithra: UB - 240/39 | SB - 106/36
Galka: UB - 240/48 | SB - 107/65

If you want to do more .dat swapping, I recommend downloading a program called "Altanaviewer", just do a Google search and you should be able to find it. This allows you to browse all gear and animations in the game, giving you the source file name. You can then swap them around any way that you like (want to use Fudo's animation for your Exenterator Weaponskill? Maybe Asuran Fists instead of Resolution? Like we could stop you!)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-07-29 10:00:28
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for all of this. Well do it on my lunch break, only thing I noticed is I have the steam version. But I'll do this step by step. Hopefully I don't have any issues.

And Altana viewer makes the changes for me without having to alter the Dat?
By Vavaud 2014-07-29 11:21:28
Link | Citer | R

Sorry for not being clear, after re-reading my post I can see how my words would have been a little misleading. Altana Viewer allows you to see the file path of whatever you want to look up, whether it be a piece of equipment, WS animation, or Spell animation. Altana Viewer does NOT automatically make changes for you. It just allows you to "play dress-up" with the character models in FFXI and view characters with any piece of gear you choose, as well as any spell/WS animation. It then has a place on-screen that shows you the file path of the file you just pulled, when you changed a piece of gear, or viewed an animation, etc.

As far as the steam version goes: I have no personal experience with it, but I'd venture a guess that once you find the PlayOnline folder on your machine, the rest should be the same (I'd start the search inside your Steam folder). Just be sure to not DELETE or CUT any files when you're moving them around, and if you properly document what you do, you can always backtrack and put things back where they belong if you mess up. Also, there's probably a file-check function in PlayOnline somewhere that can repair your files if one goes missing.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-05 11:39:14
Link | Citer | R

How exactly can I find the dat for a specific model of item? For instance, I wanna find the dat for Usonmunku (which is mage blade, black sword), and using the instructions above for Galka,change it to something different (I actually want to download another sword and swap it in place of that).

Is there a Master List of dats I can find the sword Model I'm looking for?
By FaeQueenCory 2014-09-05 11:56:11
Link | Citer | R

Find the sword in Altanaviewer.
Chances are though, it might use a shared model.
So if it's not listed, try and find the model that looks like it. (Genbu's Shield uses the basic shell shield model, for example.)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-05 13:23:29
Link | Citer | R

Right.... I found the sword in AltanaViewer..... Now what?

Is there a guide that shows how to use this program, or at least a video that shows where to find files once you've identified the item you want (specific folder). I'm really not heavy into technical stuff.

Nevermind. I figured it out.