Spellcast Is Gone?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Spellcast is gone?
Spellcast is gone?
 Ragnarok.Granis
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Granis25
By Ragnarok.Granis 2014-07-08 23:17:08
Link | Citer | R

I've been away from FFXI since january, I recently got a new computer and was patching up my Windower and FFXI, and apparently Spellcast has been discontinued?

apparently everyone has to "switch over" to this gearswap thing, and write new rules/sets in this new language? it sounds really complicated and seems like it's going to make me have to put a lot of work in before I can actually play again...

I heard something about there being a way to still use spellcast even though it's unsupported, which I would appreciate using my old XML while I get used to Gearswap so I can at least play. But I have no idea where I can get the last updated version of Spellcast or find out how to get it on Windower 4 again.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-09 00:01:22
Link | Citer | R

It isn't gone, it's just not officially supported anymore. So if it breaks it may not be fixed. I haven't checked after this update but prior it still worked.

If you are using windower 4 just hit the "plugins" part and find spellcast. It'll have a yellow warning triangle stating that it isn't supported but you should still be able to hit the download and then turn it on.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-07-09 02:15:41
Link | Citer | R

You have to enter the Konami Code on the plugins page to get access to all unsupported plugins.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-07-09 03:07:06
Link | Citer | R

Spellcast still works for now, I have only converted one of my spellcast files over to GearSwap as of this moment, it's not too complex but it can seem daunting the first time you use it.