How To Promote Yourself?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » How to promote yourself?
How to promote yourself?
 Remora.Brain
Serveur: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2014-07-08 18:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Do any of you write or blog consistently? How do you go about promoting your posts/articles/features/etc?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-08 18:57:32
Link | Citer | R

If you write or blog, create social networking pages that link to your writing or blogs.

Nitwitter, Facederp, etc. are all good ways of doing it.
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-07-08 18:59:43
Link | Citer | R

Ask Pinky.
Make yourself rank insignia.
^o^

I'm sorry. Depends on what you want to do... (hopefully not take over the world).

Make a website or have one made for you. That's always a good start.

meow :3
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2014-07-08 19:38:09
Link | Citer | R

I already got a website, kinda.

http://plebegaming.wordpress.com/

The writing is improving slowly. Summer's a lull in the gaming world and my bank account so I don't get to do as many new release reviews as I like, so I fill space with sales reviews and opinions. I also write stuff on gamesbeat.

I try to write a lot, but I can't keep up with some people that post like machines. It's also a little discouraging when so few people will see something you put effort into lol. I just keep plugging away.

I recently linked to my facebook and twitter, but that doesn't do much because I've never added someone that wasn't what I'd consider a close friend. So it's only like 20 people over the years instead of the few people I know and the 500 who are just there.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-07-08 19:59:07
Link | Citer | R

Join large communities of the same nature and become a frequenter.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-07-09 00:13:50
Link | Citer | R

One thing I would suggest is to contact a few indie developers, people who have games in Early Access or starting up in a Kickstarter/Indiegogo. Ask them if you can get a demo or a review copy in exchange for writing a review. You might be able to get a free game or two out of it, and in return (unless you drag their game through the mud) they will link to your review somewhere they are promoting the game. Coverage for you, coverage for them, win win.
 Kujata.Daus
Serveur: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2014-07-09 00:40:07
Link | Citer | R

You join large communities and forums and post alot. Befriend people. Keep your blog in your signature. Pimp it when appropriate. Follow others who have blogs and comment alot on theirs without being obvious. Befriend them and they will eventually befriend you.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2014-07-09 00:40:40
Link | Citer | R

I have tried contacting some indie devs. I don't know if I'll get a review copy but I talked to a guy that received a Wii U dev kit. He was going around to forums posting screenshots and concepts of his game Swipe Knight. It looks...different. Not in a bad way mind you, but in a crazy 1930s cartoon meets nightmare fuel kinda way.

One screenshot was a giant demon fetus battle where it swung around by its umbilical cord.

I also got one insulting response because my blog was vanilla wordpress without being premium lol.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-09 00:43:00
Link | Citer | R

No.1 Rule of internet success: Keep flinging ***at the internet until something sticks.

No.2 Rule of Success: Be an 'available' girl and goad legions of internet white-knights (See: Perma-virgin) to your banner, while simultaneously taking intentionally contrarian opinions to taunt attacks. (The Anita Sarkeesian method) Having a valid point optional.

No 3. Rule of success: #lolzsorandom (Pewdiepie Method)

Bonus Round: Commit fake suicide on Facebook and publish a blog posthumously.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-09 09:02:00
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Brain said: »
Do any of you write or blog consistently? How do you go about promoting your posts/articles/features/etc?

First key is to be an attractive woman. Second is take a lot of revealing pics. Third is profit.

This applies to everything by the way.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-09 09:17:04
Link | Citer | R

I recommend you go on a shopping spree.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-09 09:19:07
Link | Citer | R

I thought blogs were dead ? Maybe I'm an out of touch old man though.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-09 09:22:34
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I thought blogs were dead ? Maybe I'm an out of touch old man though.

Move your keystroke left one space and you're up to speed.
[+]