Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-06-18 08:17:56
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
  • Geomancer-only club skill, Exudation

WS requires testing.

Quote:

The effects of indicolure geomancer spells are now determined by the state of the player at the end of casting. In other words, the effects of an indicolure spell will not change once cast, even if the player changes equipment.
* The effects of the geomancer ability “Bolster” will activate even while under the effects of an indicolure spell.

Amazing change - this means you can have double potency on 2 BUFFS/DEBUFFS!, although only shortly (with Bolster SP1). It also means you can cast your buffs/debuffs IN YOUR SKILL+ OR duration+ gear, and then swap out to assist in other ways, and not have your potency hindered. However, this probably does not include the GEO -DT%, so you will have to idle in that (requires further testing).

Also previously mentioned in the other thread, Dunna has been changed to have +5 Geomancy potency on it. Two other new bells have also been added, Nepote and Eminent Bell, each with +5 Geomacy and +3 Geomancy respectively. The + Geomancy appears to be a straight buff to all spells, as I was seen getting +10 refresh with Dunna/Nepote on, but was getting only +3 without a Handbell (Naked probably removes that skill entirely, meaning I was casting with only Geomancy skill being active, hence the 3 refresh).

I cannot confirm how effective the +5 buff on Dunna/Nepote is and how it relates to other spells and their numbers (for instance, Torpor and Refresh use whole numbers to determine the buff/debuff rate. But Frailty uses a % instead of a hard number (i believe). Testing needs to be done to determine if the + Geomancy buff is a hard number (like -5 defense on frailty, or a straight potency buff percentage of -5% defense in addition to the already existing cap of -13.5%). I already tested Refresh as being a hard number, so we know that's not a percent.

Testing should be done with Filiae bell or Matre instead of naked, as that confused my numbers entirely. I want to see if the buff on these bells are actually hard numbers or respective numbers based on the buff or debuff applied. Is it +5 or +/-5%, depending on the spell used?

Overall, Dunna still reigns supreme as the elite Bell of choice, but it at least gives other jobs an option to pick up a quick bell at a cheaper rate than Dunna.

These changes probably don't make Geomancer party-worthy (in other words, it won't replace a bard or a corsair usually, unless fighting a mob that constantly removes buffs or debuffs). However, it does provide even more potency to Geomancy spells, allows us a better use for Widened Compass (standing out of AOE range with Indi-spells up for additional debuffs on the mob), and give comparable buff/debuff support from other jobs of the same genre. If nothing else, GEO got significantly better and acts as an auxiliary buffer for content that requires more than 6 people (Delve comes to mind, or DM2).

Today was a good day.
By Creecreelo 2014-06-18 08:29:23
Link | Citer | R

I think one important thing we can garner from the added Geomancy+5 effect is that it makes Idris's Geomancy+10 look absolutely insane.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-06-18 09:36:33
Link | Citer | R

Yes.Mythic GEOs (and I dont know if there are even any yet) will be extremely potent with their spells now. It will be comparable to having fulltime Angon on a monster.
By Heimdel 2014-06-18 10:13:41
Link | Citer | R

Isn't part of the benefit of geo is its enfeebs are like a indirect buff for a whole alliance by lowering the mobs stats itself instead of just raising stats for a single party?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-06-18 10:29:15
Link | Citer | R

That's one of them, yes. However, you'd have to find some content where more than 6 people are needed and the mob will stay still long enough for those debuffs to be useful. People don't really like inviting GEO to their groups because most content is low-man, and GEO does not replace a Bard or Corsair in the party rotation. However, in an alliance, GEO definitely has a spot right after Bard.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-06-19 12:48:31
Link | Citer | R

Its still no replacement to Brd or Cor for a melee 6 man setup, but it does fine for buffing Rngs in 6 man. Regularly do Pld Geo Brd 3x Rng VD AAs with LS, though I switch to Whm for TT and EV.

Outside of that, has anyone noticed anything wonky with Focus? Pre-update, I could Indi-Focus in D DM and get 80ish% unresisted tier 1 nukes for 500ish in MAB gear. Went on a few D DMs yesterday and my MAcc was nearly floored with the exact same setup, except +5 Geomancy on Focus now. Hope it was just a fluke and Focus didn't get a ninja nerf. Shitty that outside of testimony, we'll never know if it was or not since they've yet to add MAcc to /checkparam. :/
 Hades.Triet
Serveur: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2014-06-22 12:16:52
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone unlocked WS? Is it just 300 WS Points like with the other quested weaponskills, no NM fight? Or?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-22 12:21:38
Link | Citer | R

300 WS points
[+]
By Darknightleo 2014-06-22 17:44:33
Link | Citer | R

It also unlocks like a mythic WS, once you've gotten the points, it'll appear on your WS list. It's a decently powerful WS, I average 3k with it in abyssea if I'm going lolmeleegeo. (Though the same set up hexa does 6-7k, yay crit WS.)
[+]
By gargurty 2014-06-23 06:06:57
Link | Citer | R

KInda nice that geo's are getting haste bubbles. Wonder if it would stack with haste spell and marches.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-06-23 07:12:49
Link | Citer | R

As was mentioned before in a previous post, and going with the current trend of Geomancy, all buffs stack with normal buffs of the same nature. For instance, Indi-STR stacks with Boost STR, since its a separate category.

Also just as a point to mention, used GEO-STR the other day and got a boost of about 44 or so (might be off a few, going off memory). Not sure how good that is, or if it would ever be used, but stacked with Bolster, BoG, and Ecliptic Attrition, would be insane STR mods.