Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 792 793 794 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-20 12:11:38
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
there HAS to be a raving lunatic in P&R and you're just filling the void.

\(^O^)/ Hurray! name calling!

all the P&R requirements have now been met.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-20 12:12:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Gestapo
Ha.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 12:15:03
Link | Citer | R

What, no mentioning about Donald Trump making what may be the greatest comment of the last week on John McCain?

Quote:
"He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

Hahahahaha. That made my week.

I saw that. It was so close to an Onion article that I thought maybe he was misquoted.

Whatever. I've never taken him seriously and I never will, even if he's elected. I'll just quietly move all my money into a numbered foreign account. Like he probably did already.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 12:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Coulda swore the Gestapo nuked that thread...

*waves a Confederate flag*

No, it was Bernie's thread that got nuked. The Flag and Trump managed to survive. Liberal bias indeed!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-20 12:17:13
Link | Citer | R

What was I laughing at again...oh that crippled Irishman !

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1468132
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 12:23:00
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
oh that crippled Irishman !

It'll be real funny when the IRA makes you a crippled American!
By fonewear 2015-07-20 12:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Funny like when a clown dies or funny haha funny ?
 Bismarck.Leneth
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-07-20 12:24:58
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Leneth said: »

Even their own estimates are in line with what Kara said than what Aman and Nik have.
Don't know which Kara's numbers you refer to. Her post on page 790 doesn't interfere with ICSR numbers. And Nik's numbers from his RT link are in line with ICSR.
Their discussion point is wether the recruits are middle class or not. And both are correct, to my knowledge, that there isn't a full fledged study published yet to support any side of the argument.
I did only hear about partial results. Will try to find a link later about it, but if I remember it correctly it stated that British recruts has a significant better background than Recruts from France or Germany.

Some recruits are well off, but they are the exception. The ICSR numbers are about 40% less than the RT article claims and, by their own admission, about 30-40% higher than the actual number. Heck, they even listed only 100 US citizens, half of what he FBI claimed.

The 6200 estimated by the EC is extrapolated based off the rates of voluntary reporting from travel companies and filling in data for countries that did not report at all.

If you find that report, I'd be interested in reading it. As it stands, most of the information out there is optimistic and reactionary at best.
First of: we have to work with the numbers we are given.
The EU Commissioner for Justice, that RT numbers refer to, also added in an Interview with Le Figaro 'that the true number was likely to be far higher due to the difficulty of tracking foreign fighters in the conflict.'
RT numbers: 5000-6000 stated by EU Commissioner for Justice in April of all EU countries
ICSR: up to 4000 in January, of only 14 EU countries.
The gap seems reasonable to me.

As for Wealth discussion:
English article with link to German source.
Now only have to find the source for british background.
EDIT: British Jihadists background
Unfortunatly there is a paywall after a certain point, but the basis for the study is still visible.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 12:25:01
Link | Citer | R

Funny like when a clown dies or funny haha funny ?

Funny as in, "look who is laughing now" funny.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-20 12:31:48
Link | Citer | R

Marge: Can we get rid of this Ayatollah t-shirt? Khomeni died years ago.
Homer: But Marge, it works on any Ayatollah! Ayatollah Nakhbadeh, Ayatollah Zahedi... Even as we speak, Ayatollah Razmara and his cadre of fanatics are consolidating their power!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-20 12:33:59
Link | Citer | R

How P n R looks in our heads:

Homer: The evening began at the gentleman's club, where we were discussing Wittgenstein over a game of backgammon.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-20 12:34:26
Link | Citer | R

How P n R is in actuality:

Homer: We were sitting in Barney's car eating packets of mustard. Happy?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-20 12:58:35
Link | Citer | R

we'd all be better off not knowing what's going on in your head fone. thoughts are thoughts for a reason, they don't all need to be posted somewhere on the internet.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-20 13:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Obama's next target? It's time to wreck the suburbs.

Quote:
I am all in favor of the diversification of America. However, that is not what this policy will achieve or is designed to achieve. This is designed flat out to punish rich people for being rich and the ultimate result of this program may very well be the decimation of the real estate sector of the market. The plan essentially has two parts – the first is to spend money on improving poor neighborhoods by adding schools, libraries, etc. The second, however, seeks to move “affordable” (i.e., lower quality) houses directly into affluent neighborhoods.

The first part of this plan is likely to largely be a waste of money (if history is any indicator) but is otherwise harmless. The second, however, will have devastating economic and social effects. It is no secret to anyone at this point that a large part of what drives real estate cost is the quality of surrounding property. Wedging lower cost housing into expensive neighborhoods will not result in more minorities living in expensive neighborhoods – it will instead result in there being no such thing as an expensive neighborhood anymore.

If you like your neighborhood you can keep your neighborhood.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 13:00:20
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
we'd all be better off not knowing what's going on in your head fone. thoughts are thoughts for a reason, they don't all need to be posted somewhere on the internet.

It's a widely held belief that people like Fone have no filter and share everything.

What should really worry you is that you're wrong, and the disturbing things are the things he doesn't share.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-20 13:10:47
Link | Citer | R

This is what I"m thinking reading all this:

my favorite part is that aman left three days ago and we are still arguing about it...
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-07-20 13:22:08
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Did you read the articles I spoilered?

I quit, out of embarrassment for you, after the first article agreed with me three times.

I thought if anyone could pull some numbers it was you. two unnamed and and unconfirmed sources? really dude? "mostly young men between the ages of 16 and 25 who are primarily poor, unemployed and lack an education, the two Iraqi senior defense officials told CNN"... You let me down homie.

The first article discussed paying parents to have their teenage sons volunteer because they need money along with a report from the UN last year about recruiting teenagers.

The second article is the un-named anaylsts.

Third article discussed the variances in how many IS followers/fighters their actually are, which can be filed under "large variances", at least released to the general public.

Can only work with the information available, which is not complete.

Quote:
Bahamut.Kara said: »
A large portion leaving from Europe are teenagers.

and!? we aren't debating their age.... >.>

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
It is not a rare exception. Many well education middle-class people are flocking to ISIS.

How are teenagers well educated middle class?

I guess we could get into a discussion on what constitutes middle class or education level, but that sounds tedious and would need to be compared via each countries stats. /aintnotime.jpg

So, what exactly is this debate here?

Now (looking at the last few posts) all westerners going to IS are considered educated middle class citizens? Maybe I missed that implication before, but I very much disagree.

@Jassik
Yes, 6,000~ westerners have joined IS. Some have returned and some have not. It's been the subject of a large amount of debate in the EU as to how to mitigate this because IS has specifically been targeting teenagers, especially female teenagers in the last year.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-20 13:26:13
Link | Citer | R

"Global warming" now in it's 22nd year of no warming.

Anyone have a climate model 3-5-10-20-30 years old that predicted this?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 13:28:20
Link | Citer | R

You're really barking up the wrong tree here, as you always have been.

Global warming is happening.

Your point should be whether or not humankind has any quantifiable contribution that we can adjust.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-20 13:31:21
Link | Citer | R

To think that only a few days ago he was at least admitting that the planet warming is a thing and his point was "only about the contribution of CO2 production!"
Guess he forgot.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-20 13:33:53
Link | Citer | R

since I saw that article on the mini ice age & that their solar models were 97% accurate, I'm now pro-global warming. if we've only got 15-20 years, let's heat this *** up as much as we can.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-20 13:34:19
Link | Citer | R

Ah I forgot the quotes around "Global warming".
By fonewear 2015-07-20 13:39:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Ah I forgot the quotes around "Global warming".

Global warming is real yesterday reached 90 degrees in July ! That is unheard of !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-20 13:42:04
Link | Citer | R

The good thing about global warming is all those crazy liberals in NYC will be under a lot of water !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-20 13:43:26
Link | Citer | R

The good thing about global warming is all those crazy liberals in NYC will be under a foot of water !
Latest reports say a good chunk of NY will be underwater within 200 years(which is a rather short timeframe).
They say they are gonna build some sort of barricade or something, I'm not sure how that'll help though.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-20 13:44:50
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The good thing about global warming is all those crazy liberals in NYC will be under a foot of water !
Latest reports say a good chunk of NY will be underwater within 200 years(which is a rather short timeframe).
They say they are gonna build some sort of barricade or something, I'm not sure how that'll help though.

The barricade is said to keep the ocean and illegal immigrants from flooding the city !
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-20 13:45:25
Link | Citer | R

The statue of liberty is an immigrant too!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-20 13:46:20
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The statue of liberty is an immigrant too!

She has been a part of NYC so long we forget she is cheese eating surrender monkey !
 Bismarck.Leneth
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-07-20 13:50:57
Link | Citer | R

I don't get news sites like this.
The picture they provide already shows the rise by 0.4°C in the last 35 years..
By fonewear 2015-07-20 13:53:56
Link | Citer | R

0.4 C that means in 35 years from now the Earth will be giant ball of magma !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 792 793 794 ... 1375 1376 1377