Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 790 791 792 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-20 01:32:20
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
No, I didn't. I said a few hundred people isn't a significant amount of their ranks as to exclude poverty as a factor in their recruiting success. The middle class westerners joining ISIS make up a maximum of 1% of the organization. If 99% of a group was poor, would you say that poverty wasn't a factor in their actions?

if ifs and butts were candy and nuts I would have a warehouse full of both to the ceiling....

dude...you are pulling these numbers straight out of your ***.now it's 99%!?

say a few hundred one more time I dare you!

The FBI says a few hundred, nobody else has a credible number. Several intelligence agencies estimate their total ranks as high as 200K, more likely around 50K. 200 / 50,000 = .4%

So, even if it's several times more than the FBI says, it's still a statistically insignificant amount of the whole.

If you have more credible information, I'm happy to re-evaluate my statements. All I can go on is the information available.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-20 01:38:50
Link | Citer | R

We don't know how many there are. Kara said

"IS has anywhere from 30,000-200,000 fighters according to different countries/agencies analysts."

as far as statistical accuracy that's pretty terrible on it's own

then kara said
I'd be damn impressed if most of them had college degrees and came from middle class backgrounds. According to analysists they don't, but the information the general public receives from these various analysts is not complete.

but she didn't back up her "According to analysists they don't" claim

maybe aman is right, maybe jassik is right... who the *** knows!

/lights the pleebo signal
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-20 01:40:16
Link | Citer | R

If you have more credible information, I'm happy to re-evaluate my statements. All I can go on is the information available.

it's closer to 6,200 westerners scroll up

fbi data was only americans not all westerners
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-20 01:50:11
Link | Citer | R

it's closer to 6,200 westerners scroll up

fbi data was only americans not all westerners

You're still missing the ONLY point I was making: The "middle class" westerners join ISIS for different reasons than the domestic recruits and make up a small portion of the whole. You can't use them as proof that poverty isn't a factor. Even using 6200/30,000 (the absolute most skewed numbers) you're still talking about 20%, which isn't anywhere near "most".

Some affluent people have joined them, the leadership is almost certainly educated, the rest is uncertain, and it's complete *** to use the information available as proof of anything.
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-07-20 03:06:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
There's more going on here that needs to be solved that feel-good charity can't fix on its own.
And who here suggested feel good charity?

We don't know how many there are. Kara said

"IS has anywhere from 30,000-200,000 fighters according to different countries/agencies analysts."

as far as statistical accuracy that's pretty terrible on it's own

then kara said
I'd be damn impressed if most of them had college degrees and came from middle class backgrounds. According to analysists they don't, but the information the general public receives from these various analysts is not complete.

but she didn't back up her "According to analysists they don't" claim
Did you read the articles I spoilered?

6,250[/b] or so have enough money to connect to social media and travel to syria wouldn't that then validate aman's claim that the "few hundred out of a million" figure was indeed pulled directly out of jassik's ***
A large portion leaving from Europe are teenagers.
By fonewear 2015-07-20 07:22:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I don't know where your 99% figure is coming from. The highest estimate I've seen for the number of ISIS fighters is around 200k, with most other estimates in the 5-figure range. While some of its fighters are indeed young, uneducated, poor males, it also includes a fair number of ticked off Sunni's who feel disenfranchised as a government minority. There's more going on here that needs to be solved that feel-good charity can't fix on its own.

99% of random statistics are just that random !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-20 07:24:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm going to be honest I didn't read much of this even by P and R standards this is a waste of time !
By fonewear 2015-07-20 07:34:26
Link | Citer | R

This is what we should do to ISIS:

[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-20 07:44:50
Link | Citer | R

We are finding out more about our Muslim hero:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/chattanooga-shooting-fbi-recovers-gunmans-disturbing-diary/story?id=32558310

With more than 30 FBI agents due to arrive today in Chattanooga, a diary belonging to the gunman and FBI interviews with his parents paint a picture of a disturbed, suicidal young man using drugs, preparing for bankruptcy and facing an appearance in criminal court, according to a representative of the shooter’ s family.

Four days after the shooting, the FBI has not found any connection to overseas terrorist groups, but Mohammod Abdulazeez's diary says that as far back as 2013, he wrote about having suicidal thoughts and "becoming a martyr" after losing his job due to his drug use, both prescription and non-prescription drugs, the family representative said.

In a downward spiral, Abdulazeez would abuse sleeping pills, opioids, painkillers and marijuana, along with alcohol, the representative said.

Most recently, the 24-year-old was having problems dealing with a 12 hour overnight shift, and had to take sleeping pills, according to the representative. The young man was also thousands of dollars in debt and considering filing for bankruptcy.

Three months before the shooting, Abdulazeez was arrested on April 20 -- a day celebrated annually by marijuana users -- and charged with drunk driving. The arresting officer noted a smell of marijuana in the car.
By fonewear 2015-07-20 07:46:06
Link | Citer | R

So if you work hard and take sleeping pills you too could be a mass shooter !
By fonewear 2015-07-20 07:52:19
Link | Citer | R

I believe we have the shooters address:

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-20 08:49:25
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Did you read the articles I spoilered?

I quit, out of embarrassment for you, after the first article agreed with me three times.

I thought if anyone could pull some numbers it was you. two unnamed and and unconfirmed sources? really dude? "mostly young men between the ages of 16 and 25 who are primarily poor, unemployed and lack an education, the two Iraqi senior defense officials told CNN"... You let me down homie.

Bahamut.Kara said: »
A large portion leaving from Europe are teenagers.

and!? we aren't debating their age.... >.>
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-20 09:00:35
Link | Citer | R

You're still missing the ONLY point I was making: The "middle class" westerners join ISIS for different reasons than the domestic recruits and make up a small portion of the whole. You can't use them as proof that poverty isn't a factor. Even using 6200/30,000 (the absolute most skewed numbers) you're still talking about 20%, which isn't anywhere near "most".

Some affluent people have joined them, the leadership is almost certainly educated, the rest is uncertain, and it's complete *** to use the information available as proof of anything.

and that's why I called ***, which was my only point

"20% isn't most"
and oh look..there go the goalpost moving back.../checks watch
right on schedule

20% is > the 1% you claimed earlier.

so you lose and get nothing willy wonka.jpg
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-20 09:04:02
Link | Citer | R

next topic...water witches... real? what say you?

burn the witch!!!
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 09:10:47
Link | Citer | R

next topic...water witches... real? what say you?

burn the witch!!!

Well praying for it apparently didn't work, so they're changing religions.

But apparently these farmers didn't learn the lesson of Innsmouth. Sure, it's all rain and crops now, but later...you get to turn into a fishman...

Edit: Related.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-20 09:58:25
Link | Citer | R

and that's why I called ***, which was my only point

"20% isn't most"
and oh look..there go the goalpost moving back.../checks watch
right on schedule

20% is > the 1% you claimed earlier.

so you lose and get nothing willy wonka.jpg

I used your numbers for argument's sake. I don't believe for a second that 6000 westerners have actually joined ISIS, nor do I believe their ranks are that low.

You called *** on what? I still can't figure out who point you're trying to make.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-20 10:14:03
Link | Citer | R

you don't necessarily have to be poor to be a disillusioned, angry youth. It just helps.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-20 10:18:28
Link | Citer | R

I used your numbers for argument's sake. I don't believe for a second that 6000 westerners have actually joined ISIS, nor do I believe their ranks are that low.

first they aren't my numbers their Vera Jourova's the EU justice commissioner from April 2015 the link you didn't bother to read the first time

second facts don't require your belief in them.

You called *** on what? I still can't figure out who point you're trying to make.

your "few hundred" statement it's wrong and it was pulled directly out of your ***.

You want to believe it's true because you are biased. But it isn't true. and all the crying in the world isn't going to make it come true. So hang it up.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 10:21:52
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
you don't necessarily have to be poor to be a disillusioned, angry youth. It just helps.

Yeah. Look at the Menendezes!

Edit: A thought occurs. Some of you may not know who they are at this point. Oh well. Look it up! Learn something!
By fonewear 2015-07-20 10:23:22
Link | Citer | R

It's true look at your average FFXI player !
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-20 10:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

*** that, those parents had it coming.

I have to quote adam carolla here, but, if one kid decides to shoot you, that could very well be that kid's fault, & not a bad reflection of you as a parent, but if BOTH kids decide it's a good idea, then by god, you did something wrong.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-20 10:25:34
Link | Citer | R

Not to mention any names but I think one of our players here will do something drastic when they finally pull the plug on XI...

You know who I'm talking about !
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-20 10:27:22
Link | Citer | R

when asked about the mass shooting, the perpetrator only responded with "yes, it's worth it"
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 10:27:39
Link | Citer | R

*** that, those parents had it coming.

I have to quote adam carolla here, but, if one kid decides to shoot you, that could very well be that kid's fault, & not a bad reflection of you as a parent, but if BOTH kids decide it's a good idea, then by god, you did something wrong.

Bwahaha.

I like that.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-20 10:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Look it up! Learn something!
NEVER!!

Not here in P&R!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-20 10:35:00
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of P n R !

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/07/18/the-kkk-is-rallying-this-weekend-in-south-carolina-heres-why/

Now in video form:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2015-07-20 10:38:02
Link | Citer | R

It is kinda funny that KKK and the protests sorta reminds me of P and R debates !
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 10:50:42
Link | Citer | R

I saw a picture of Facebook of one of the KKK members pissing himself when confronted by a large, angry black man.

I have no idea if it was legit, but it was funny.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-20 11:02:05
Link | Citer | R

In Kayne West voice: Bernie Sanders and Martin O Malley don't care about black people.

It is a lot of words I didn't read most of it shocker I know !

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/122329/bernie-sanders-and-martin-omalley-failed-their-blacklivesmatter-test

By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 11:03:56
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
In Kayne West voice: Bernie Sanders and Martin O Malley don't care about black people.

What does Kanye West actually sound like?

For all the money he's made as an "entertainer", I couldn't name a Kanye song if you put a gun to my head and I only know him from the idiotic ***that spews from his mouth that hits the headlines because apparently he's important and his faux pauxs are worth reporting?

And I've never heard it via sound byte, just in print.

I don't know. I just know I wish he'd go the *** away.

Edit: read the article. I bet the people asking him to name those people couldn't even name them unless they specifically studied them the day leading up to the rally. ***, I can't even remember the name of the kid shot in Ferguson now. I don't have room in my head for every victim of social/racial injustice in this country the number is...wait for it...

TOO DAMN HIGH.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 790 791 792 ... 1375 1376 1377