Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 770 771 772 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-07-15 15:02:13
Link | Citer | R

One Christmas is enough for me I have to see my family enough as it is...
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-15 15:11:59
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Who would want Christmas every damn day anyway?

/buzzes in

ELMO!!!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-15 15:14:20
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Who would want Christmas every damn day anyway?

/buzzes in

ELMO!!!

I can't un-hear this song !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-15 15:16:02
Link | Citer | R

Honestly it is so bad the song is almost good !
By Bloodrose 2015-07-15 15:16:22
Link | Citer | R

Oh god, I miss the Christmas song classics.

What I don't miss, are modern artists who BUTCHER the classics with over-extending the words with OOOoo-OOOO~OOOOOOOOO!!!! on a single syllable word.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-15 15:18:00
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

just fall on your knees and thank whatever god that will listen that you didn't have kids during the age of barney, elmo and kidsongs.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-15 15:18:33
Link | Citer | R

Italy might finally see cannabis leagalized. It's currently being scrutinized by the parliament, and gods know the moralism is stronk in such a wide range of our countrymen, but there might be hope.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-15 15:19:07
Link | Citer | R

I still remember when people were paying 1000 dollars for tickle me Elmo...
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-15 15:22:51
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
Oh god, I miss the Christmas song classics.

What I don't miss, are modern artists who BUTCHER the classics with over-extending the words with OOOoo-OOOO~OOOOOOOOO!!!! on a single syllable word.

I pretty much can't listen to anything Christmas related involving Mariah Carey. I know you can sing super high, I know you can embellish, but you seriously don't have to do it with every song.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-15 15:24:01
Link | Citer | R

Dad in Hilarious Minions Costume with Excited Son
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-15 15:24:13
Link | Citer | R

I still remember when people were paying 1000 dollars for tickle me Elmo...

I wanted one just so I could shoot it with a BB gun, because someone told me that it was hilarious.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-15 15:26:50
Link | Citer | R

just fall on your knees and thank whatever god that will listen that you didn't have kids during the age of barney, elmo and kidsongs.
And now we have Kids Pop 12 or some number.

6 and 7 year olds singing adult oriented songs that is just as cringe-worthy, if not more so, for multiple reasons.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-15 15:28:13
Link | Citer | R

The worst song I've ever heard is:

Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-15 15:28:47
Link | Citer | R

6 and 7 year olds singing adult oriented songs that is just as cringe-worthy, if not more so, for multiple reasons.

It's never too early to introduce your child to Led Zeppelin.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-15 15:29:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

It's never too early to introduce your child to Led Zeppelin.
I was talking about Mariah Carey and Britney Spears songs.

Seriously. The Kids Pop crew did a rendition of "I'm a slave 4 You" by Britney Spears.
By fonewear 2015-07-15 15:30:11
Link | Citer | R

I didn't even know it was Buck Cherry. But some guy would play that song every time I went to the bar.

I'm pretty sure I asked the bar tender if I could pay money to delete the song from the jukebox.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-15 15:31:31
Link | Citer | R

Nah, what I meant was they should listen to stuff like that instead. Kids singing Britney Spears songs is borderline creepy. Or Katie Perry songs. I'm sure there are adults out there that like to hear 8-year-old girls singing "Teenage Dream", but come on now.
By Bloodrose 2015-07-15 15:32:38
Link | Citer | R

Or Liquid Dream.

How creepy is it listening to a group of 6-7 year old boys and gilrs (of which you can't tell by voice) singing Liquid Dream?
By fonewear 2015-07-15 15:33:37
Link | Citer | R

Well 90% of the music I hear today sucks anyways cause I"m an old man !

Damn kids with their popular music !
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-15 15:34:29
Link | Citer | R

I'm thinking of creating an album of Nickelback covers with the title, "Now That's What Nobody Calls Music!"
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-15 15:36:00
Link | Citer | R

Rock especially is dead to me. Well has been for quite a while. I haven't listened to a modern rock song in a long time.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-15 15:36:13
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Pleebo apparently is too ignorant to backread today, thanks for the laugh though.
Ah, I missed it.

Your assessment is wrong anyway. To the surprise of no one, ever. You asked for accurate models. I provided documents that assessed accuracy plus some info on the models themselves and how they're evaluated. I can't help with the paywall but the second paper fulfills your requirements.

Revel in your ignorance \o/

This is you missing the point pretty hard, it's priceless! The basis for skepticism is that the scientists who claim to accurately predict the future have yet to be able to.

Are you really basing all your faith in the ability of people to use modeling to explain the past? Does it really not matter to you that for the last 30 years when they've taken those algorithms (Al Gore Rhythms?) and pushed them out 5-10-20 years, they've consistently been wrong? Why does that not matter? Would you give your 401k money to a stock broker who claimed to be able to predict the stock market but has never been able to earn his clients any money?

'Oh Nausi, quit being a stock market denier.'

The whole premise of their modeling (CO2 is a potent, big deal greenhouse gas on an unstable climate) is wrong at the fundamental level. A) To the extent that we know it, the climate has been entirely stable for many many millennia. Such a stable system does not by its very nature bend very easily to "runaway" effects. B) The volume/saturation of CO2 we're talking about is such a small modifier, that honestly the bigger worry isn't that it will cook us, but that once it gets to about 15,000 ppm (30+ times what's there today) it might start to affect our respiratory systems.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-15 15:37:56
Link | Citer | R

Not all gamers are introverts, but have some kind of introverted part of their personality.

Many gamers like to game in front of a crowd, or with another person either as a competition, or as a team.

Personally, I've got an introverted personality. Like... big time introvert, though I still manage to wander outside twice a day, and even forage for food from the local grocery store once a week, to twice a month.

Those are gamers in general, MMO players are entirely shut-ins.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-15 15:38:32
Link | Citer | R

Not all gamers are introverts, but have some kind of introverted part of their personality.

Many gamers like to game in front of a crowd, or with another person either as a competition, or as a team.

Personally, I've got an introverted personality. Like... big time introvert, though I still manage to wander outside twice a day, and even forage for food from the local grocery store once a week, to twice a month.

As a former MMO player I can attest to this ! To play FFXI in the past or WoW etc. You basically have to have no life. The MMO becomes your life.

Don't get me wrong some aspects of FFXI were amazing. But if I look back on it. I wasted a lot of time doing really pointless stuff.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-15 15:41:18
Link | Citer | R

False. I see the burny sky orb every day when I go out to get the newspaper. I also make sure to interact with other people when I go outside, usually in the form of creepy glares at my neighbors while muttering under my breath.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-15 15:41:38
Link | Citer | R

As a former MMO player I can attest to this ! To play FFXI in the past or WoW etc. You basically have to have no life. The MMO becomes your life.

Thus was my experience as well. There was no "oh I'll just play for an hour". It was 'what's on the agenda for this weekend.'
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-15 15:42:35
Link | Citer | R

The social aspect of MMO was the only redeeming quality to me. I really didn't give a damn if I had the best of everything. I just wanted to goof off with strangers.
By Bloodrose 2015-07-15 15:43:27
Link | Citer | R

Don't get me wrong some aspects of FFXI were amazing. But if I look back on it. I wasted a lot of time doing really pointless stuff.
But isn't doing really pointless stuff the point of being pointless?

I mean, there are some things from MMO's you can actually put on a resume (being a linkshell/guild leader, organizing events, etc.) unless you just want to farm salvage for a mythic (goal oriented), or to sell for money (generate revenue), or shout for things you need (promoting yourself or events your involved in)
By fonewear 2015-07-15 15:44:01
Link | Citer | R

And like most things FFXI was the best when it just started the 75 era when everyone was discovering things for the first time.
By fonewear 2015-07-15 15:44:41
Link | Citer | R

I can't imagine anyone wanting "former XI guild leader" on their resume but that is just me !
First Page 2 3 ... 770 771 772 ... 1375 1376 1377