Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 769 770 771 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-15 13:04:24
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Welp, that backread wasn't worth my time. Who's up for a game of Scrabble?

Still on board for a Friday Trivia thread. Not sure how well it would work, and we would need an established time-frame that would keep people from Googling.

/ponders
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-15 13:08:45
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Still on board for a Friday Trivia thread. Not sure how well it would work, and we would need an established time-frame that would keep people from Googling.

/ponders

I think it would be fun. Googling seems impossible to avoid, though. This is the internet, where everyone must appear smarter than they actually are. My scienceness is best.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 13:12:07
Link | Citer | R

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't generally equate knowledge of random trivia with intelligence level.

You can remember things well without having a high IQ. Some can't remember ***and are very intelligent.

But it would be interesting. Star Wars trivia? /nerdgasm.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-15 13:13:19
Link | Citer | R

No, Ken Jennings automatically has an IQ of 450. Mine is about that high as well. I know this because I took a Facebook quiz.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 13:14:16
Link | Citer | R

No, Ken Jennings automatically has an IQ of 450. Mine is about that high as well. I know this because I took a Facebook quiz.

Where's my reforge gil?

and those darned Facebook quizes!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-15 13:14:20
Link | Citer | R

That was a boring back read. Just more abortion talk and organ harvesting.

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
fonewear said: »
That begs the question why have kids in the first place. You can avoid this issue altogether.
Fone, Liberals don't believe that people CAN be responsible for themselves, that's why they're liberals.
This is pretty true though.

They need the state to take care of them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-15 13:25:42
Link | Citer | R

So no official news story yet, but what I thought might happened is happening right now.

Protests in Athens, Greece have turned violent.

People voted no and then are being force to an even harsher deal. It was bound to happen.

Only link so far:

Quote:
Greek anti-establishment protesters threw petrol bombs at police at an anti-austerity protest close to parliament and police responded with tear gas.
Anti-austerity protests turn violent in Athens
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-15 13:28:27
Link | Citer | R

/ponders

I think it would be fun. Googling seems impossible to avoid, though. This is the internet, where everyone must appear smarter than they actually are. My scienceness is best.

I think there's probably enough interests on here to cover all ends of the random trivia categories.

What would be interesting is if there were a way to divvy randomized teams, especially with P&R denizens. LOL!

"YOU '/HIGHFIVE' THAT MOFO NOW! We don't care about his/her stance on fracking ATM!"
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 13:30:52
Link | Citer | R

Instead of this?

[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-15 13:36:46
Link | Citer | R

I've done okay in bar trivia but I attribute that to the heavy drinking !
 Bismarck.Leneth
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-07-15 13:41:43
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
So no official news story yet, but what I thought might happened is happening right now.

Protests in Athens, Greece have turned violent.

People voted no and then are being force to an even harsher deal. It was bound to happen.

Only link so far:

Quote:
Greek anti-establishment protesters threw petrol bombs at police at an anti-austerity protest close to parliament and police responded with tear gas.
Anti-austerity protests turn violent in Athens
Just the usual black block thing. Nothing from normal citizen.
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-07-15 13:45:30
Link | Citer | R

I think there's probably enough interests on here to cover all ends of the random trivia categories.

What would be interesting is if there were a way to divvy randomized teams, especially with P&R denizens. LOL!

"YOU '/HIGHFIVE' THAT MOFO NOW! We don't care about his/her stance on fracking ATM!"

I could probably repurpose the Chat code to give something like that - instanced rooms. The relatively real time nature of it couldn't cut out googling, but people who didn't have to google would be faster.

If that kind of thing is something you'd actually want, drop it in Kalila's suggestions thread with as much detail as you like.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-15 13:48:21
Link | Citer | R

friday afternoons can be pretty dull around here...
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-15 13:52:38
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

Where's my reforge gil?

and those darned Facebook quizes!

I am Boba Fett, Jon Snow, the killer from Scream and I am a tomato.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-15 13:54:49
Link | Citer | R

I am pretty sure every online gamer is Boba Fett, Jon Snow and the killer from Scream.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-15 14:11:49
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »

I could probably repurpose the Chat code to give something like that - instanced rooms. The relatively real time nature of it couldn't cut out googling, but people who didn't have to google would be faster.

If that kind of thing is something you'd actually want, drop it in Kalila's suggestions thread with as much detail as you like.

Ehhh...Do you really need more on your "Honey Do" list, though? Glass half full, I think most of us are old enough to function on a good-faith system.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2015-07-15 14:17:01
Link | Citer | R

Ehhh...Do you really need more on your "Honey Do" list, though? Glass half full, I think most of us are old enough to function on a good-faith system.

Sure, but I'm trying to split my time between game related features and social features, and I don't always have a ton of social features to work on. I mean, there's only so many kinds of banhammers to build, one runs out of tasks at some point.

Instanced chat could be useful for other things as well, so I'd probably write a generic mechanic for that and then bolt some trivia features on top of it.

Anyway, it's fine with me if you want to just do it in threads, but it's my actual, stated job to improve the site, and that means meeting the needs and wants of users.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-15 14:20:13
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
I am pretty sure every online gamer is Boba Fett, Jon Snow and the killer from Scream.

It's been a bit and I never took the GoT one, but iirc I am Han Solo and Hannibal Lecter.

Also I have a west coast accent/dialect. Being from what is, geographically speaking, the southern tier of NY/northern PA.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-15 14:21:07
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Maybe the violent part. But the anger is pretty much shared by almost all of them cause they feel betrayed.

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
But not a tomato. That makes you special.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-15 14:22:10
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
But not a tomato. That makes you special.

Sure does. Now please come this way and join your friends onion and chili pepper in this, food proces...uh...I mean, hot tub.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-15 14:31:28
Link | Citer | R

If I remember the vegetable quiz asked if you like sweet, salty or spicy. I don't think online gamers will all like the same food. However, I do believe we are all Introverts.
 Bismarck.Leneth
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-07-15 14:31:52
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Maybe the violent part. But the anger is pretty much shared by almost all of them cause they feel betrayed.
I was only referring to the violent part. Sorry for the confusion.
By Bloodrose 2015-07-15 14:42:41
Link | Citer | R

Not all gamers are introverts, but have some kind of introverted part of their personality.

Many gamers like to game in front of a crowd, or with another person either as a competition, or as a team.

Personally, I've got an introverted personality. Like... big time introvert, though I still manage to wander outside twice a day, and even forage for food from the local grocery store once a week, to twice a month.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-15 14:47:36
Link | Citer | R

On second thought, maybe giving high fives to people who spend a lot of time alone at their computer isn't the safest thing to do.
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2015-07-15 14:50:36
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
Not all gamers are introverts, but have some kind of introverted part of their personality.

Many gamers like to game in front of a crowd, or with another person either as a competition, or as a team.

Personally, I've got an introverted personality. Like... big time introvert, though I still manage to wander outside twice a day, and even forage for food from the local grocery store once a week, to twice a month.

Introvert doesn't mean "hermit". It just means that you recharge from within, with quiet time, as opposed to extroverts, who do that with socialization.

There's more than a little overlap, obviously, but you can be one without the other.
By fonewear 2015-07-15 14:53:59
Link | Citer | R

All gamers do look like this though:

Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-15 14:57:05
Link | Citer | R

On second thought, maybe giving high fives to people who spend a lot of time alone at their computer isn't the safest thing to do.

This would be more of an open and closed time-frame for participants for what I was thinking, though. It's not like everyone can be on here all the time to baby-sit a trivia game anyway.

Diggin' Rook's ideas of how we would implement it. If I made a thread, I would feel responsible for it if it took a turn for the worse. Wouldn't want that for something that is suppose to be fun. :/

EDIT: Who would want Christmas every damn day anyway?
By Bloodrose 2015-07-15 14:59:05
Link | Citer | R

Please read the part about "some kind of introverted part of their personality"

It doesn't explicitly mean they recharge from within either, but that they view things inwardly rather than outwardly.

Nor did I say they were hermits, much less allude to it.
By fonewear 2015-07-15 14:59:23
Link | Citer | R

This is supposed to be fun since when ?
By Bloodrose 2015-07-15 15:00:37
Link | Citer | R

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas if it happened more than once a year.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 769 770 771 ... 1375 1376 1377