Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 764 765 766 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-07-15 08:08:27
Link | Citer | R

So the only way to move forward is to constantly be reminded by the past ?
By Ramyrez 2015-07-15 08:08:44
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
So Henry Ford support the Nazis but he created one of the last great American automobile companies. I think that is a fair trade off.

As I said above. It is what it is. I'm just saying let's remember the past for the good and the bad and learn from it.

Not saying constantly remind people of it. I'm saying the "back when we were the good guys" schtick is quite guilty of some serious selective memory.
By fonewear 2015-07-15 08:10:04
Link | Citer | R

I think the good Ford did outweighs any bad. But that is just me.
By fonewear 2015-07-15 08:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
So Henry Ford support the Nazis but he created one of the last great American automobile companies. I think that is a fair trade off.

As I said above. It is what it is. I'm just saying let's remember the past for the good and the bad and learn from it.

Not saying constantly remind people of it. I'm saying the "back when we were the good guys" schtick is quite guilty of some serious selective memory.

To quote the Simpsons "Everything looks bad when if you remember it"
By Ramyrez 2015-07-15 08:11:26
Link | Citer | R

I think the good Ford did outweighs any bad. But that is just me.

You're trying to make him a good guy or a bad guy. I'm not saying he's either. I'm saying looking at the whole picture and learn from it.
By fonewear 2015-07-15 08:12:09
Link | Citer | R

Learn from the past. Sounds like advice for Hillary. Or any politician for that matter.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-15 08:13:33
Link | Citer | R

Learn from the past. Sounds like advice for Hillary. Or any politician for that matter.

Well yeah.

Chances of most of them doing that are likely null, however.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-15 08:27:35
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I was raised in the shadow of WWII. America was the good guys.

I don't think anyone in hiroshima, dresden, tokyo, berlin, nagasaki, etc. would agree with that sentiment.

we used to say we were the good guys and you used to be gullible enough to believe it.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-15 08:28:26
Link | Citer | R

Since when does America care what any other country thinks though ? I don't think we should apologize for bombing the hell out of Japan. *** em !

If we bomb the Middle East long enough they will finally give in to us.

With Obama's Iran deal they will have a nuclear weapon in about five years.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-15 08:44:00
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
No they haven't. No one has produced an accurate climate model in the past thirty years.

Put up or shut up.
Well-estimated global surface warming in climate projections selected for ENSO phase
Quote:
When the phase of natural variability is taken into account, the model 15-year warming trends in CMIP5 projections well estimate the observed trends for all 15-year periods over the past half-century.
Climate simulations for 1880–2003 with GISS modelE (I've linked this before in a response to you.)

More info for you to ignore after you're done dismissing the above information.

The first link attempts to establish credibility for future modeling based on "correcting" the errors of the past. Nothing more than "trust us in our NEW predictions". At least that's what I get from the abstract I'm not going to pay 32 bucks for such a document. I hope (I pray actually) you don't/didn't spend that kind of money on this cultish nonsense.

Your second article, is an attempt to use modeling to explain previous warming trends (written in 2007, cataloging trends from 1880-2003) so basically another attempt to establish credibility going forward.

Your third article is more of the same, 'this is why climate models going forward (written in 2007) are trustworthy'. There's not one graph projecting temps beyond the year the article was written.

-------

So, here's the level of debate global warming has come to. I requested a previous model that was accurate in it predictions of justifiable alarmism in an attempt to address my skepticism. You don't provide any, but instead provide articles preaching how models are 'super sciency' and just should not be subject to my skepticism.

Way to flunk out of Jedi school! Atta boy!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-15 09:02:42
Link | Citer | R

I hope (I pray actually) you don't/didn't spend that kind of money on this cultish nonsense.

Contradictions ahoy.

(Not saying don't pray; just saying the difference between "cult" and "religion" is merely public opinion)
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 09:05:16
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
*We, in fact, had major industrial ties to the Third Reich

See Prescott Bush.

See Henry Ford, ffs.
I'm aware of Ford, but the last I checked his son and grandson weren't Presidents. (of the nation anyway).
By Ramyrez 2015-07-15 09:06:27
Link | Citer | R

I'm aware of Ford, but the last I checked his son and grandson weren't Presidents.

Yeah but the Bushes are still relevant for being in bed with bad guys to this day in their private business.

Ford seemed a better example of leaving the bad in the past.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-15 09:08:56
Link | Citer | R

Can we talk about planned parenthood selling and profiting from aborted baby organs and limbs?

Is it time to cut all government funding to them yet? I think so.

Libs will of course brush this off but if I were to replace aborted babies with death row inmates, then I'm guessing we'd have a HUGE issue.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 09:10:00
Link | Citer | R

Can we talk about planned parenthood selling and profiting from aborted baby parts?

No, and really don't give a *** as fetuses aren't babies.
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 09:10:26
Link | Citer | R

I'm aware of Ford, but the last I checked his son and grandson weren't Presidents.

Yeah but the Bushes are still relevant for being in bed with bad guys to this day in their private business.

Ford seemed a better example of leaving the bad in the past.
Sorry, didn't realize that's all you were getting at with the post.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-15 09:10:33
Link | Citer | R

Can we talk about planned parenthood selling and profiting from aborted baby parts?

What's the problem with using dead tissue for further scientific or medical purposes, or getting money back to further benefit the program?

Stop thinking with feels.
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-07-15 09:12:00
Link | Citer | R

just saying the difference between "cult" and "religion" is merely public opinion

A cult is a small, unpopular religion.

A religion is a large, popular cult.

(I'm not unreligious, but I'm self aware about what it is, at least)
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-15 09:12:19
Link | Citer | R

Libs will of course brush this off but if I were to replace aborted babies with death row inmates, then I'm guessing we'd have a HUGE issue.

While there is a difference that may upset some people, I would also be fine with executed individuals tissue being used for medical experiments.

If we would go back to a non-chemical method of execution, they could even be used as organ donors.

In fact, I whole-heartedly support this notion. It's a great idea.

Good on you.
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 09:13:23
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
just saying the difference between "cult" and "religion" is merely public opinion

A cult is a small, unpopular religion.

A religion is a large, popular cult.

(I'm not unreligious, but I'm self aware about what it is, at least)

Not too familiar with either of those as common definitions, but hey.

Let's not devolve into that.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-15 09:14:15
Link | Citer | R

What's the problem with using dead tissue for further scientific or medical purposes, or getting money back to further benefit the program?

Stop thinking with feels.

Are we aware that selling human tissue is illegal?
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 09:14:26
Link | Citer | R

Yes, as even death row inmates have rights, aborted fetuses do not.
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 09:15:07
Link | Citer | R

Are you aware that selling human tissue is illegal?

So is having premarital sex in Virginia, really don't care.

Also I believe you mean organs, as there's nothing illegal about selling the tissue.

edit: actually even fetal organs aren't illegal for research purposes, so definitely don't care.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-07-15 09:16:54
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Can't force them to become donors, but I've been wondering in the US is everyone an organ donor by default? I like that system way better than the canadian one where we need to sign our health card, not nearly enough people sign it.

The exact rules vary by state, but I don't know of any where it's opt-out instead of opt-in.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-15 09:18:22
Link | Citer | R

Also I believe you mean organs, as there's nothing illegal about selling the tissue.

No, donating human fetal tissue is perfectly fine, selling it is not.

Federal law prohibits the sale of body parts of aborted babies. In fact, the sale or purchase of human fetal tissue a federal felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $500,000
By Ramyrez 2015-07-15 09:18:29
Link | Citer | R

Can't force them to become donors, but I've been wondering in the US is everyone an organ donor by default? I like that system way better than the canadian one where we need to sign our health card, not nearly enough people sign it.

Sadly, no. There are too many cult protections in place, you need to opt-in, one way or another. Most frequently it's with your driver's license/government ID registration.

Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-15 09:21:53
Link | Citer | R

While there is a difference that may upset some people, I would also be fine with executed individuals tissue being used for medical experiments.

If we would go back to a non-chemical method of execution, they could even be used as organ donors.

In fact, I whole-heartedly support this notion. It's a great idea.

Good on you.

I don't think that's a good idea. If other people can't be bothered with it, that's their right. I don't think the state should automatically have the ability to harvest their bodies unless they contest.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-15 09:22:53
Link | Citer | R

I'm old fashion in that regard. Nobody is getting my organs. I'm taking them to grave with me. Don't need any organ hungry doctor waiting to snatch up my organs. If I thought humanity deserved them I would, but as it stands, nope.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 09:23:02
Link | Citer | R

No, donating human fetal tissue is perfectly fine, selling it is not.

Then cite the law that says you can't sell it for research purposes.
First Page 2 3 ... 764 765 766 ... 1375 1376 1377