Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 762 763 764 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-14 13:34:44
Link | Citer | R

Eyjafjallajokull
Eyjafjallajokull
Eyjafjallajokull
Eyjafjallajokull!~
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-14 13:35:50
Link | Citer | R

That's the name I'd chose if I had a baby!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-14 13:37:00
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
No one's denying the earth's climate is changing, it's always changing.

Plenty are denying it, or conflating climate and weather, etc. But, it's not specifically that it's changing, it's the rate it's changing.

For a person who claims there are so many holes in the theory, you sure don't seem to have a *** clue what any of them are.

Well that's the point. To the extent we can know how the climate changes we really can't with any certainty say:

1) That the climate is changing outside a "reasonable" rate.
2) That the change that is occurring is due to our emission of CO2.

I mean the climate changes at a faster rate when a volcano goes off, than what the alarmists are claiming man has done.

Climate scientist know a lot more than you think. Volcanoes are a natural occurrence, something we have no control over. Pumping millions of tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere every year with industry and transportation is something we do have control over. What's more, there are much cleaner alternatives that aren't getting the research and development they should because big oil has lobbied against them.

Don't mistake your lack of knowledge for everyone bring ignorant of climate science.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-14 13:37:13
Link | Citer | R

I really need to learn one of those languages, man. Those hardass take-over-the-world-with-axes-and-fire languages.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-14 13:38:52
Link | Citer | R

Swedish is a very easy language, even more so for a native english speaker.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-14 14:26:21
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Languages are not my forte.

Still, I should give it a go.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-14 14:28:18
Link | Citer | R

*sigh* Anything to meet hot Swedish singles!
*pirates Rosetta Stone*
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-07-14 14:28:26
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
I really need to learn one of those languages, man. Those hardass take-over-the-world-with-axes-and-fire languages.
Swedish is much easier than Danish. They pronounce words like they are spelled rather than talking like they have a potatoe in their mouths.

Here is a norweigen TV show making fun of Danish
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-07-14 14:30:37
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

*pirates Rosetta Stone*
Duolingo app: now in Swedish
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-14 14:47:37
Link | Citer | R

Plenty are denying it, or conflating climate and weather, etc. But, it's not specifically that it's changing, it's the rate it's changing.

For a person who claims there are so many holes in the theory, you sure don't seem to have a *** clue what any of them are.

Well that's the point. To the extent we can know how the climate changes we really can't with any certainty say:

I mean the climate changes at a faster rate when a volcano goes off, than what the alarmists are claiming man has done.

Climate scientist know a lot more than you think. Volcanoes are a natural occurrence, something we have no control over. Pumping millions of tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere every year with industry and transportation is something we do have control over. What's more, there are much cleaner alternatives that aren't getting the research and development they should because big oil has lobbied against them.

Don't mistake your lack of knowledge for everyone bring ignorant of climate science.

They do huh? Can you point to any one of their models that has accurately predicted atmospheric temperature in the last 30 years?

Of course you can't.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-14 14:52:09
Link | Citer | R

They do huh? Can you point to any one of their models that has accurately predicted atmospheric temperature in the last 30 years?

Of course you can't.

Numerous people have linked an obnoxious amount of information including raw data and you refuse to even look at it. You have decided to accept a level of ignorance on the subject, and we're all sick of spoon-feeding you information.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-14 15:01:45
Link | Citer | R

Of course you can't.

Numerous people have linked an obnoxious amount of information including raw data and you refuse to even look at it. You have decided to accept a level of ignorance on the subject, and we're all sick of spoon-feeding you information.

No they haven't. No one has produced an accurate climate model in the past thirty years.

Put up or shut up.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-14 15:02:19
Link | Citer | R

SHOW ME THE TRANSITIONAL FOSSILS
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-14 15:04:38
Link | Citer | R

A climate model, accurate or not, in no way invalidates climate scientists. Its just something nausi has latched onto because he doesn't know anything else.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-14 15:04:54
Link | Citer | R

I'll transition your fossils!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-14 15:08:50
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
A climate model, accurate or not, in no way invalidates climate scientists. Its just something nausi has latched onto because he doesn't know anything else.

Here comes vic desperately reaching to invalidate my measure of proof.

Like asking to be on the Olympic sprint team when the best you can do is run a 10 minute mile.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-14 15:09:23
Link | Citer | R

Live from the climate model reading:

[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-14 15:18:42
Link | Citer | R

Like asking to be on the Olympic sprint team when the best you can do is run a 10 minute mile.

Nausi using the word proof is hilarious. The guy has never posted a source in his life. One person's measure of proof has no impact on the actual topic. Choosing not to believe something has no impact on science.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-14 15:20:29
Link | Citer | R

Nausi using the word proof is hilarious. The guy has never posted a source in his life. One person's measure of proof has no impact on the actual topic. Choosing not to believe something has no impact on science.
Then the attempt to invalidate the person contesting the claim.

When does the poo-flinging start vic?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-14 15:24:00
Link | Citer | R

Feel free to contest the claim with facts nausi, for once.
By Jetackuu 2015-07-14 15:37:07
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

*pirates Rosetta Stone*

They're not doing so hot lately, company wise.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-14 15:39:20
Link | Citer | R

The guy has never posted a source in his life.

That's weird, coming from a guy who's had one post with a source in the past two months. I bow to you, Sourcemaster.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2015-07-14 15:43:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

That's weird, coming from a guy who's had one post with a source in the past two months. I bow to you, Sourcemaster.
Considering he has made less than 300 posts in 2 months (not going to go through each one), not too bad.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-14 15:43:19
Link | Citer | R

Since you looked, how many posts do I have in this section in the last two months? I'm guessing less than 100, unless there is a major topic I am forgetting.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-14 15:52:15
Link | Citer | R

Since you looked, how many posts do I have in this section in the last two months? I'm guessing less than 100, unless there is a major topic I am forgetting.

You've made enough unsubstantiated claims in the past without caring to back any of it up. Jet's worse, but at least he owns up to his laziness.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-14 15:53:09
Link | Citer | R

Such as?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-14 15:54:49
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
No they haven't. No one has produced an accurate climate model in the past thirty years.

Put up or shut up.

False.

And yet another "nuh uh" without any substance or link. Come on guys, at least try. If you're going to call Nausi out for not sourcing his claims, at least have the dignity to link one yourself.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-14 15:55:59
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Put up or shut up.

False.

And yet another "nuh uh" without any substance or link. Come on guys, at least try. If you're going to call Nausi out for not sourcing his claims, at least have the dignity to link one yourself.

You keep thinking that people have to cite common knowledge or when refuting an absurd claim that has no backing.

You're better than that.

Also, go farm me gil.
First Page 2 3 ... 762 763 764 ... 1375 1376 1377