Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 759 760 761 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-13 14:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
CO2 is not to blame for everything and it isn't taking the blame for everything. It's also not blameless either.

The core argument of the global warming alarmist goes something like: "we're cooking the planet with our emissions of CO2." After all, cars don't really emit methane.

The core argument is that we're altering the troposphere by changing its chemistry pumping millions of tons of various gases out. Some are not potent and some are potent simply by volume. The atmosphere is a complex cocktail of elements and we're altering it significantly. That changes weather patterns, wind currents, oceanic currents, albedo, etc. And, based on observations of other planets and our own, it poses a threat to our comfort if not our very existence.

It's really not that hard to understand the basics of climate change of you aren't hell bent on denying it's existence.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-13 14:10:43
Link | Citer | R

Who has time to learn about climate change when the are too busy contributing to global warming ?
By fonewear 2015-07-13 14:13:44
Link | Citer | R

So global warming exists.What should I do about it write a letter to my congressman ? Sing a song ? Hold up a sign saying "end global warming" Somebody tell me what next !
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-13 14:14:14
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Who has time to learn about climate change when the are too busy contributing to global warming ?
much easier to fixate on nomenclature while focusing on reality TV or whatever the hot button public outcry of the day is.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-13 14:14:53
Link | Citer | R

what should I do about it
If you can't personally alter things cause you don't work in a related field, what you can do is support those can cause a change. This goes for all things.

Mind blowing I know.
By fonewear 2015-07-13 14:15:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm just a simple country folk trying to eek out a living in this crazy blue marble floating through space. Let the city dwellers and those in the "ivory towers' worry about global warming.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-13 14:16:48
Link | Citer | R

ivory towers
How do you keep your towers so clean and white?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-13 14:17:29
Link | Citer | R

CO2 is not to blame for everything and it isn't taking the blame for everything. It's also not blameless either.

The core argument of the global warming alarmist goes something like: "we're cooking the planet with our emissions of CO2." After all, cars don't really emit methane.
It's like you don't read my posts and just continue on with your nonsense like its still relevant to the conversation.
By fonewear 2015-07-13 14:17:32
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
what should I do about it
If you can't personally alter things cause you don't work in a related field, what you can do is support those can cause a change. This goes for all things.

Mind blowing I know.

Support a cause. What if my cause is to not support any causes ?
By fonewear 2015-07-13 14:17:55
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
ivory towers
How do you keep your towers so clean and white?

Shampoo and condition !
By volkom 2015-07-13 14:18:37
Link | Citer | R

embrace the global warming. ~ mini ice age inc in 15 years
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-13 14:18:48
Link | Citer | R

What if my cause is to not support any causes ?
Now you're thinking like a modern man! Watch tv and relax. And occasionally *** at government without any real understanding of why just to vent.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-13 14:18:48
Link | Citer | R

When you guys solve the global warming threat. Can someone highlight the key aspects of it. I'll be sure to present it to a local scientist.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-13 14:19:29
Link | Citer | R

No one's denying the earth's climate is changing, it's always changing.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-13 14:19:37
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
embrace the global warming. ~ mini ice age inc in 15 years

If you can't beat global warming join it !
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-13 14:20:25
Link | Citer | R

If you can't beat global warming join it !
I'll leave some blankets on the ground. That should do it for contribution.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-13 14:21:32
Link | Citer | R

You can't get people to agree on ketchup or mustard and you expect me (or someone else) to get 300 million Americans to end global warming...
By volkom 2015-07-13 14:23:28
Link | Citer | R

You can't get people to agree on ketchup or mustard and you expect me (or someone else) to get 300 million Americans to end global warming...

don't forget mayo
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-13 14:25:36
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-13 14:25:43
Link | Citer | R

The entire foundation of America is dissent we love to not agree. That is supposedly what made the country great. Millions of people not agreeing on anything.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-13 14:32:54
Link | Citer | R

No one's denying the earth's climate is changing, it's always changing.

Plenty are denying it, or conflating climate and weather, etc. But, it's not specifically that it's changing, it's the rate it's changing.

For a person who claims there are so many holes in the theory, you sure don't seem to have a *** clue what any of them are.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-13 14:36:04
Link | Citer | R

People keep talking about albedo. Is that what Al Gore calls his libido? Because I'm pretty sure it's directly related to climate change.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-13 14:37:36
Link | Citer | R

I'm looking for Al last name Coholic ! Phone call for Al Coholic is there an alcoholic here !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-13 14:39:58
Link | Citer | R

The actual tube bar prank phone calls are pretty amazing.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-13 14:44:00
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
A spokesman for the Boy Scouts of America says its national executive committee last Friday approved a resolution to lift the membership restriction regarding sexual orientation, while respecting the right of religious chartered organizations to continue to choose adult leaders whose beliefs are consistent with their own.

The move follows the Boy Scouts of America National annual meeting in May in which Robert M. Gates, the organization's president and former secretary of defense and former director of central intelligence, encouraged the group to "to reflect on the challenges, primarily regarding adult leadership standards, facing the BSA and potential alternatives for addressing them," according to a statement.

If approved, the rule would mean that the Scouts would consider all qualified and eligible persons for hire, without regard to their sexual orientation, for all staff positions that require membership. The executive board will consider the rule for ratification at a meeting on July 27th.

The change would also offer Scouts and their families the opportunity to chose local units "charted to organizations with similar beliefs, that best meet the needs of their families," the statement said.

The Scouts attribute the move to "the rapid changes in society and increasing legal challenges at the federal, state, and local levels".

The Boy Scouts has grappled with its controversial membership policy barring gays in recent years. In an historic ballot, its 1,400-member National Council previously voted to allow gay youth — but not adults — to join Scouting.
Boy Scouts Consider Lifting Sexual Orientation Ban For Leaders
By fonewear 2015-07-13 14:45:08
Link | Citer | R

Gay boy scout leaders this is going to be fabulous !
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-07-13 14:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Again... global warming or no... efforts to curb our pollution for our own health and welfare seems to be a good idea. I mean we should totally keep doing as much damage as possible right?
I'm all about not dumping toxic waste and chemicals, specifically mercury, or releasing large amounts of methane into the air, and even CFCs. Reducing ocean acidity, sure. But the war on C02, nah.

Even recycling of metal, I'm all for, there is even good money in that. Plastic, we could do without, especially in terms of dumping it in ground or having it released into oceans and lakes. Recycling plastic is not very environmentally sound either. I also like the idea of curbing Styrofoam, specifically in the food service industry.

But once again to put the main focus on CO2 and blame CO2 for everything, that's where I draw the line.
There's other options besides only recycling.

Waste-to-energy plants have been in use for decades and have been increasingly effective at reducing landfill use and producing energy
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-13 14:46:26
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
People keep talking about albedo. Is that what Al Gore calls his libido? Because I'm pretty sure it's directly related to climate change.

People keep talking about it because it's relevant... Same concept as using a windshield shade in your car, but you don't see anyone denying that makes a difference in the temperature of your parked car.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-13 14:48:37
Link | Citer | R

it's one of the words you use when you try to convince other video game playing wingnuts on a third party hack website for an obscure fourteen year old on line japanese video game that only a handful of people have even heard of that despite a limited vocabulary, third grade reading comprehension skills, (that's american public school third grade reading comprehension skills tyvm )a complete lack of social decorum, and a lack of basic understanding of the scientific process that on top of the fact that you are a pasty fleshed mother's basement dwelling recluse and final fantasy junkie you also just so happen to be an expert among experts and a nobel prize winning doctor of climatology and all other related sciences....and a member of mensa.

teh albedo is too damn high!
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-13 14:50:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

People keep talking about it because it's relevant... Same concept as using a windshield shade in your car, but you don't see anyone denying that makes a difference in the temperature of your parked car.

Humor
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 759 760 761 ... 1375 1376 1377