Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 695 696 697 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 14:14:54
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Did that one hit too close to home?

The only thing that's hit too close to home for me in the past 20 pages is Rooks insult of drunks and pyromaniacs. Seriously. My family traditions are all-American.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-23 14:15:22
Link | Citer | R

I don't always claim I'm a civil war historian only a video game forum !
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 14:16:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Laconic said: »
Its me being able to look past all the racism thrown on over a century of history

Yeah, see, that's the thing.

You want to look past slavery and racism as if they never happened.

Which is quite understandable of a desire.

But you just can't do that. You can't just say "it's gone, everything's better!", as if there aren't residuals of that embarassment to this very day.
 Cerberus.Laconic
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-23 14:16:44
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
If anything you should be ashamed of not being able to have a conversation without your feels getting in the way.

Look out guys! I should be ashamed to be human, like Altimaomegaconic is!

The day I do anything without conviction is the day I'm dead. I pity your sad existence if it's otherwise for you.

That you associate feelings with blind anything when you so blindly cling to your facile arguments is beyond all things irony.

I have not once acted in a racist fashion and I have not once called you a name.

"LOL."

No, you don't call anyone anything, you just imply it and speak in generalities, like we're all too stupid to realize you're insulting us.

You have all the subtlety of a teenager who thinks he's clever and edgy for wearing a leather jacket and reading Catcher in the Rye.

Your motivations are quite transparent.
Quote:
Squeal all you want about it, you're not going to make me feel bad by calling me names and hardly going to shame me into ceasing to call it as I see it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-23 14:18:07
Link | Citer | R

I'll look past racism when the country stops being racist. I understand it's difficult for someone who doesn't have to face discrimination to understand but try walking a mile in another man's shoes.

Or failing that, go blackface for a week. A month. A year.

Think of the material you'd get!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-23 14:18:47
Link | Citer | R

Can I do a video where I walk for 8 hours in NYC pretending to be black ? Like that one chick that got cat called !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-23 14:19:31
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I don't always claim I'm a civil war historian only a video game forum !

Yeah? Well I was at Antietam! Died of an infection thanks to ineffective medicine. Not before a doctor took a hacksaw to my legs though.

Before that I fell overboard during the American Revolution as a privateer. Damn high wave swept me right off the deck.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-23 14:20:01
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Can I do a video where I walk for 8 hours in NYC pretending to be black ? Like that one chick that got cat called !

When you become a millionaire, remember us at FFXIAH.com. The little people.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 14:24:12
Link | Citer | R

Your motivations are quite transparent.

Apparently not.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-23 14:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I'll look past racism when the country stops being racist.

Neither side will let it die. It is quite obvious that your side is just as much to blame as the the other after the unwillingness to understand how the Confederate Battle Flag means more than just racism.

Your solution, burn it, bury it , ban it. Lets not learn from it and try to move on. Hell, no that would be way to much to ask.

You want the country to stop being racist so you can look past it. Never gonna happen with the attitudes I've seen of the last few pages.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 14:26:27
Link | Citer | R

Your solution, burn it, bury it , ban it. Lets not learn from it and try to move on. Hell, no that would be way to much to ask.

You can't move on...if you're still waving it around...

Dear Mother you're such a hypocrite.

But we'll just go back and forth all day with that accusation since no one is going to budge an inch!

So how about those abortions?
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-23 14:30:48
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

You can't move on...if you're still waving it around...

Dear Mother you're such a hypocrite.

But we'll just go back and forth all day with that accusation since no one is going to budge an inch!

So how about those abortions?

And you are too ignorant to understand that I wave it around for ENTIRELY different reasons.

I also wave Old Glory and the American Flag. Are you smart enough to figure out a common thread?

Please point out how I am a hypocrite.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-23 14:33:27
Link | Citer | R

See what happens when feels get in the way.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-23 14:36:07
Link | Citer | R

Alright boys and girls.
The south seceded from the north since 6 southern states didn't get to vote in the Abraham Lincoln election which he won with a mere 40% popular vote, of all states that did vote. None of the southern states that did vote gave electoral votes to Lincoln .

1. They voted. They voted for the other candidates.
2. There were 4 presidential candidates. A "mere 40%" was more than the closest opponent by 11%. The previous election in 1856 Buchanan won with a "mere 45%" of the vote when there were 3 candidates.

Quote:
That was the final straw to a series of events. The south being taxed more than the north for imports and denied free trade with overseas country's because the north imposed heavy tariffs. "Interesting that the people commenting against the confederate flag want free trade and oppose tariffs" Then we get into nullification and states rights. The south was concerned that the industrialization "that ironically it brought to fruition with the cotton industry" and rapid growth of the north "helped by heavy tariffs" would limit their voice, which it did.

Erm, where did you get this from? When the states seceded the Tariff of 1857 was in effect which promoted free trade and heavily benefited the southern states.

I'm assuming you are talking about the Morrill tariff which did not come into effect until March 1861, after the southern states left the union in February 1861.

There was discussion about this tariff before they left the union, but it had not been passed and likely would not have passed without those states leaving the union.

Quote:
The south knew its army was heavily outnumbered, its manufacturing wasn't even close to the north, and it had a quarter of the railroad miles. The north was producing all the firearms before the war even started.
One thing many Southern politicians thought would happen was that aid would come from Europe because of their dependence on cotton that was shipped over there.

Quote:
The Confederate Battle Flag is the ultimate rally cry for the insubmissive rebel that wants his voice to be heard.

Second only to Old Glory.
Which confederate battle flag? There were 4? before the end of the war and the one used at the end does not look like the flag currently flown in SC.

This got confused too often with the flag of surrendering.

So they changed it to this and this is the flag that they used until the end of the war.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-23 14:39:17
Link | Citer | R

If you want to fly Confederate flags on your property, I don't care.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 14:41:39
Link | Citer | R

Please point out how I am a hypocrite.

You're saying to learn and move on...while clinging to something and keeping it current.

How about this: I won't say burn it bury and and get rid of it, you don't fly it proudly for it to be debated; we put it in a museum as a relic of a history of division that should be put behind us?
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 14:43:15
Link | Citer | R

If you want to fly Confederate flags on your property, I don't care.

Said this pages ago.

I don't think they should, but their property, their call.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-23 14:48:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
The Confederate Battle Flag is the ultimate rally cry for the insubmissive rebel that wants his voice to be heard.

Second only to Old Glory.
Which confederate battle flag? There were 4? before the end of the war and the one used at the end does not look like the flag currently flown in SC.

This got confused too often with the flag of surrendering.

So they changed it to this and this is the flag that they used until the end of the war.
[/quote]

Seems you dislike back reading I've already addressed this.

As for the rest of your post. Yes, Tariff of 1857 was in effect but the south was already in an uproar of the Tariff of abominations and the Morrill tariff was upcoming. As for the voting, I've heard and seen both arguments.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-23 14:55:48
Link | Citer | R

Which confederate battle flag? There were 4?

we've been over this, there is only one confederate battle flag, it's the same one the french use.

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-23 15:04:33
Link | Citer | R

Any way we can pin the blame of the civil war on the cotton industry and the British control of India at the time?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-23 15:16:28
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Which confederate battle flag? There were 4?

we've been over this, there is only one confederate battle flag, it's the same one the french use.

Think you're funny, huh?

The French will rise again!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-23 15:19:45
Link | Citer | R

If it weren't for the French, we wouldn't have Dragoons!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-23 15:20:36
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
A decision is expected by the Supreme Court soon on the fate of a key feature of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. If the justices vote in favor of King v. Burwell, it could mean the loss of subsidies for millions of Americans, making their health insurance no longer affordable.

Congress passed the law in 2010, and it required that everyone buy health insurance. Each state was to set up its own insurance exchange, or a health care marketplace, where residents could look at various plans available and select the one that worked best for them. Since plans were still expensive, the law also allowed for the government to offer subsidies to people who qualified.

Thirty-four states opted not to set up their own marketplaces. This meant that the states defaulted to the federal marketplace instead. And subsidies have still been provided to those residents.

This is where the Supreme Court stepped in.

This case against Obamacare comes down to the actual language of the law. It’s being challenged because of a section that details the subsidies as available with policies provided through health insurance “exchanges established by the state.” Opponents say this language means the federal subsidies do not apply to residents in states using the federal marketplace. On the other side of the debate, proponents argue that these subsidies are covered by the law as it also says that when a state does not set up its own marketplace, the federal government will “establish and operate such exchange.”

The final decision is expected at the end of June and could affect an estimated 6.4 million people who need the subsidies to afford insurance in those 34 states. This is the second time that Obamacare has faced the Supreme Court. In 2012, the individual mandate – the requirement that everyone buy insurance – was challenged, but the justices ruled 5-4 that the mandate was constitutional.

So whether Obamacare pulls through or not, at least after watching this video you can say, “Now I get it.”
SCOTUS Obamacare Case explained

Important decision coming soon.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-23 15:29:39
Link | Citer | R

Walmart, Amazon, Sears, and eBay have banned sales of the confederate flag.

Although Amazon hasn't implemented it yet, and thus sales have soared in the meantime.

So now gun sales are up and confederate flag sales are soaring.

God Bless America!

Time to check out what conspiracy theorists are saying on YouTube. Last time I checked they were claiming it was staged and the senator that got killed is secretly living in an underground bunker along with all the bankers that have supposedly killed themselves recently. All in preparation for Jade Helm 15.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-23 15:42:14
Link | Citer | R

Those Americans who stitch Confederate flags are assured work for months to come!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-06-23 15:57:21
Link | Citer | R

Why can't I hang my swastika flag off the front porch? It's a symbol of good luck :((((
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 15:57:48
Link | Citer | R

Those AmericansChinese sweatshop workers who stitch Confederate flags are assured work for months to come!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-23 15:59:27
Link | Citer | R

POSSIBLE ALERT FOR TEXAS, ON MONDAY JUNE 15, 2015 PREPARE
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-23 16:05:09
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Why can't I hang my swastika flag off the front porch? It's a symbol of good luck :((((

Can I fly the ISIS flag? It's a symbol of rebellion against the decadent West.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-23 16:09:48
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
POSSIBLE ALERT FOR TEXAS, ON MONDAY JUNE 15, 2015 PREPARE

I'm from the future, jack ***happened.

Next time, HELMERS. Next time.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 695 696 697 ... 1375 1376 1377