Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 690 691 692 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-06-23 08:47:10
Link | Citer | R

I still think its funny that some of you are arguing for the flag and freedoms while you spend the rest of your time arguing to limit others freedoms... Is this why you like the words hypocrite and feels so much?

I've asked before why people who would want to fly that flag would want to or hell why they think others would want to but that question seems to have been ignored so you can tell us that the civil war wasn't about slavery. You don't actually tell us what it was about or anything like that but just lob insults back like it means something lol...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-23 08:48:28
Link | Citer | R

I think a discussion of a flag is more important than the death of 9 black people. Please continue.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-23 08:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
fonewear said: »
The entire thread is filled with feels. You can't tell where it begins or ends.

...it's not the thread.

It's life.

I've tried saying this before, and it won't sink in now either, but every time one of you wise-crackers pipes up with the oh-so-whitty "feels" retort, you're just expressing your own 'feels' in a condescending fashion.

perhaps "tears" would be a better word than "feels". Because I swear I can see them welling up in your eyes when you post... out-turned lower lip quivering...

/hands you a tissue

what the hell do we know? you could kick more *** than chuck norris in the real world...but you have THE WORST CASE of types like a wienie~itis that I have ever seen.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-23 08:51:33
Link | Citer | R

How can people sleep at night when a confederate flag is flying over the "freest" country in the world. It's an outrage I tells ya !
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 09:08:38
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
perhaps "tears" would be a better word than "feels". Because I swear I can see them welling up in your eyes when you post... out-turned lower lip quivering...

Well, there are certainly feelings involved. More eye-twitching and sneering than tears and quivering, but the point is made. I'll do my best to be more of an *** and have less caring, per your example.

Just sit tight. The problem is being remedied.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-23 09:09:41
Link | Citer | R

How can people sleep at night when a confederate flag is flying over the "freest" country in the world. It's an outrage I tells ya !

like a dead baby that swallowed a snoring machine...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 09:10:06
Link | Citer | R

like a dead baby that swallowed a snoring machine...

You should have that looked at. Sleep apnea'll kill ya.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-23 09:17:46
Link | Citer | R

thanks grandma, I appreciate your concern.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-23 09:22:00
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I still think its funny that some of you are arguing for the flag and freedoms while you spend the rest of your time arguing to limit others freedoms... Is this why you like the words hypocrite and feels so much?

I've asked before why people who would want to fly that flag would want to or hell why they think others would want to but that question seems to have been ignored so you can tell us that the civil war wasn't about slavery. You don't actually tell us what it was about or anything like that but just lob insults back like it means something lol...

Well the state of South Carolina was part of the movement to secede from the union at one time, why can't they fly it as a symbol of their autonomy?

Why couldn't they fly it to honor their ancestors who fought and died for the cause?

I mean it adorned the "Dukes of Hazard" car because it was to symbolize them as "rebels".

I mean what does it matter, are you so narrow minded as to not be capable of rationalizing a reason beyond "slavery"? That's what you sure sound like.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 09:22:02
Link | Citer | R

thanks grandma, I appreciate your concern.

Grandma didn't know ***about sleep apnea and even if she did she wanted grandpa to die so she could get his benefits for as long as possible without having him around.

I'm just trying to save your cranky *** so you can annoy your family as long as possible.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 09:26:29
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Well the state of South Carolina was part of the movement to secede from the union at one time, why can't they fly it as a symbol of their autonomy?

Because they lost. You lose, you take down the flag. That's how it works.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-23 09:28:10
Link | Citer | R

When did that law get written?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-23 09:28:31
Link | Citer | R

Obama executive order !
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 09:28:31
Link | Citer | R

Don't be obtuse.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-23 09:29:56
Link | Citer | R

Don't be obtuse.

(says something obtuse, then tells others they can't be obtuse)

Can they disagree with you? Or is that not allowed either?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-23 09:30:47
Link | Citer | R

You can disagree all you want just don't disagree with me !

That is the American way. You are wrong and I am right.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 09:39:03
Link | Citer | R

Fly the rebel flag all you want on your personal property and vehicles. As has been said, it just makes people look like the idiots they are.

It's just that, as stated, it's the flag of traitors. Seems a bit silly to be flown on government property.

Then again, hell, maybe the South will rise again. Could be amusing.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-23 09:40:10
Link | Citer | R

french negotiating

striking the colors

Geneva_Conventions..
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-23 09:41:40
Link | Citer | R

I think we should replace the confederate flag with something more American like the Wal Mart logo.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-06-23 09:45:44
Link | Citer | R

Why couldn't they fly it to honor their ancestors who fought and died for the cause?

I mean it adorned the "Dukes of Hazard" car because it was to symbolize them as "rebels".

I mean what does it matter, are you so narrow minded as to not be capable of rationalizing a reason beyond "slavery"? That's what you sure sound like.
Why are you putting words in my mouth Nausi? I Have never said to you it only symbolizes slavery and I haven't even stated what I do think it symobolizes. You just assumed that's what I meant, geez such an ***... lol

Autonomy? Why would it symbolize autonomy? They're a part of the united states and unless they plan on trying to seceede again...

What cause did they die? You keep saying it has nothing to do with slavery but yeah you don't really go on further to explain.

The dukes of hazard is a television show... you know not reality... just because Nik likes the show and talks about it here idk why you're trying to use it is some kind of justification for rebels or why a state wanting to signify itself as rebels would be some kind of good thing lol...

Personally I don't give a ***if they keep the flag up. I don't get why they'd want to but yeah...

I think its a joke that you call someone else narrowminded... I guess to you that people are only narrow minded when they don't agree with your way of thinking.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 09:52:06
Link | Citer | R

I think we should replace the confederate flag with something more American like the Wal Mart logo.

It would probably be more accurate to boot.

Hell, they're practically the same thing, Walmart's just more current.
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-06-23 09:56:31
Link | Citer | R

It would probably be more accurate to boot.

Hell, they're practically the same thing, Walmart's just more current.

Fairly significant difference; the Confederate flag is the flag of people who, you know, lost. Even past the racism and treason, it's the flag of people who lost to a drunk and a pyromaniac.

Say what you like about Walmart, but they're at least winning the game they play.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 09:58:10
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
who lost to a drunk and a pyromaniac.

Can you not refer to persistent familial traits of my bloodline as a negative?

Say what you like about Walmart, but they're at least winning the game they play.

I dunno. Maybe that was the Waltons plan all along. Take over with low low prices and call it a victory for Dixie.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-23 09:59:07
Link | Citer | R

Why are you putting words in my mouth Nausi? I Have never said to you it only symbolizes slavery and I haven't even stated what I do think it symobolizes. You just assumed that's what I meant, geez such an ***... lol

Autonomy? Why would it symbolize autonomy? They're a part of the united states and unless they plan on trying to seceede again...

What cause did they die? You keep saying it has nothing to do with slavery but yeah you don't really go on further to explain.

The dukes of hazard is a television show... you know not reality... just because Nik likes the show and talks about it here idk why you're trying to use it is some kind of justification for rebels or why a state wanting to signify itself as rebels would be some kind of good thing lol...

Personally I don't give a ***if they keep the flag up. I don't get why they'd want to but yeah...

I think its a joke that you call someone else narrowminded... I guess to you that people are only narrow minded when they don't agree with your way of thinking.

First, I didn't put words in your mouth. I asked a question. See how that works?

Why would it symbolize autonomy? Because it was the flag they flew when they wanted to secede from the union and become autonomous. That's a pretty simple concept to grasp.

They fought and died for in the civil war. The reason for which goes far beyond the umbrella of "slavery". I'd never deny that slavery had context in the civil war, but people who reduce it to that, really don't have any clue as to history.

Being narrow minded isn't generally characterized when people are open to a wide understanding of different interpretations. I understand that some people get offended by oversimplified (and thus narrow minded) symbolism of a flag, I just think it's a pretty dangerous precedent for society to capitulate to such an ill informed mob

You're so funny when you try and make something meaningful out of nothing, it's like watching a bad car salesman sell a car (an insult to counter yours)
By Jetackuu 2015-06-23 10:00:04
Link | Citer | R

at least winning the game they play.
Easy to win when you rig the game.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 10:04:44
Link | Citer | R

Why would it symbolize autonomy? Because it was the flag they flew when they wanted to secede from the union and become autonomous. That's a pretty simple concept to grasp.

Except they failed. It's a flag of failure.

They fought and died for in the civil war. The reason for which goes far beyond the umbrella of "slavery".

Except everything about the war came back to slavery. Yes, there was the "states rights" issue...but the issue was...the right to have slaves. There was the economical factors...that included slaves...

They died...so rich people could keep slaves.

Then again, I get why you feel the way you do, as it's consistent with your view on modern politics and culture as well.

You fear change. You fear not being dominant. You fear things that are different. You fear...everything, really.

So maybe the rebel flag is perfect for you after all.
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-06-23 10:07:00
Link | Citer | R

This is getting personal. Stick to the issue, please.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-23 10:08:40
Link | Citer | R

Oh. And just so we're entirely clear.

I understand completely that to some people that fly the flag, the flag doesn't symbolize racism. The Union army did some ***-all terrible things to the South and it's people, and not just the soldiers, and some fly it out of respect and rememberance to that.

Unfortunately for them, they've horribly misjudged their symbolism.
By fonewear 2015-06-23 10:12:34
Link | Citer | R

Maybe we aren't ready to discuss a confederate flag. We don't have the proper sensibilities to debate such a controversial topic. May I suggest abortion ?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-23 10:16:57
Link | Citer | R

pretty simple concept to grasp.

here is another simple concept to grasp.

this is the flag of napolean bonaparte
here he is waving it around....

but then he surrendered. so france changed their flag.

do you see any *** waving napolean's flag around now?

no. because he is a loser and a douchebag
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 690 691 692 ... 1375 1376 1377