Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 687 688 689 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-06-22 09:37:27
Link | Citer | R

Think of how far we have come we went from war on gays to gay whoopers at Burger King !

Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-22 09:40:01
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
I'm not saying that those other words aren't used, but they aren't used in the same manner, nor do they have the same meaning. The people who wrote this ***were much smarter than you, if they wanted to use the same word they would have.

They were smart enough to know what it meant, it was SCotUS a century later that interpreted it differently.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-22 09:51:33
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Think of how far we have come we went from war on gays to gay whoopers at Burger King !

oh my god foney... you just accidentally solved racism

the black lives matter whopper...only at burger king!

[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-22 09:53:00
Link | Citer | R

I would proudly support black people with a burger like substance !
By fonewear 2015-06-22 09:59:06
Link | Citer | R

Breaking news everyone Obama used the n word ! I for one am outraged !

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-word-country-cured-legacy-slavery/story?id=31937026

I demand the President apologize immediately.

President Obama used the n-word in a discussion of racism in America today, saying that “we’re not cured” of the “legacy of slavery” and Jim Crow despite having made strides in recent decades.

"It’s not just a matter of it not being polite to say n***** in public,” the president said during an interview with comedian Marc Maron for his “WTF” podcast. “That's not the measure of whether racism still exists or not. It's not just a matter of overt discrimination. Societies don't, overnight, completely erase everything that happened 200 to 300 years prior."
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-22 10:31:34
Link | Citer | R

People in South Carolina want the Confederate flag taken down.
Leader of the Sons of the Confederacy feels the flag honors the Civil War dead alongside a dark time in American history.
(It also happens that his family lost 11 people who fought.)

Uh... joining the CSA means you weren't American anymore. The whole point was to form a new country or at least force the feds to let slavery proceed in new states.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-22 10:39:30
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
P+R is feisty today.

PARKER /helping
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-22 10:40:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

but it makes idiots easier to spot....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-22 10:41:49
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

ITS ABOUT STATES RIGHTS MAN.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-22 10:51:10
Link | Citer | R

ITS ABOUT STATES RIGHTS MAN.

/thinks

ok we just need to put our heads together and figure out how can we whopper our way out of this one....
By Ramyrez 2015-06-22 10:55:00
Link | Citer | R

ok we just need to put our heads together and figure out how can we whopper our way out of this one....

We'll say we don't actually care what it represents, we're just expressing our capitalistic right to sell Dukes of Hazzard memorabilia to idiots! We can't help it if they think it's a political statement states rights anti-government racist traitor's ..."something totally okay" flag!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-22 10:59:20
Link | Citer | R

also, before we march to the sea again and burn all the everything let's take a moment to consider that without the confederacy we wouldn't have had the dukes of hazzard,...cooter...daisy dukes....flash... or perhaps most importantly Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-22 11:00:49
Link | Citer | R

also, before we march to the sea again and burn all the everything let's take a moment to consider that without the confederacy we wouldn't have had the dukes of hazzard,...cooter...daisy dukes....flash... or perhaps most importantly Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane

Nik, we were already prepared to start burning confederate things.

You didn't need to stop us to remind us of even more reasons to do it.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-22 11:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Rosco P. Coltrane is awesome and an accurate portrayal of every cop south of the mason dixon line
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-22 11:06:12
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2015-06-22 11:06:30
Link | Citer | R

Rosco P. Coltrane is awesome and an accurate portrayal of every cop south of the mason dixon line

Okay, so, at best Dukes was a satire and the source material was painfully true to the show.

You're not really changing our minds here...just sayin'...

Edit: I mean, if it's just the southern women you're interested in, I'm sure they can be persuaded to be around men with teeth and more than one set of grandparents.
 Cerberus.Laconic
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-22 11:07:23
Link | Citer | R

Ya'll realize that the Confederate Battle Flag was never officially recognized as one of the national flags. It was instead adopted as a battle flag by the Army of Northern Virginia under General Lee.

Our military has even used it on occasion throughout every war.
The real Confederate National Flags are even used in certain state flags of the south.

I guess you guys are right though in a way. The Confederate Battle Flag does make idiots easier to spot. The ones that are complaining that it is racist and has no place in our history.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-22 11:12:04
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Laconic said: »
Ya'll realize that the Confederate Battle Flag was never officially recognized as one of the national flags. It was instead adopted as a battle flag by the Army of Northern Virginia under General Lee.

Our military has even used it on occasion throughout every war.
The real Confederate National Flags are even used in certain state flags of the south.

I guess you guys are right though in a way. The Confederate Battle Flag does make idiots easier to spot. The ones that are complaining that it is racist and has no place in our history.

Well I suppose that would depend upon which flag we're even discussing. The square one was from Virginia. The rectangular one was from...Tennessee? I think? The official confederate flags were a bit different, but followed the same theme.

I can only imagine that the army used them at the insistence of all the good ol' boys that join up to escape dirt farming. (Oh, I know, I'm sorry, I'm supposed to believe they all joined up for patriotism and love of country, ready to lay down their lives for that; it has nothing to do with possibly dying in combat or assuredly dying of black lung working in a coal mine).

Either way it's representative of a bunch of traitors fighting for their rights to have slaves and/or maintain their economy with slaves OR the army of said traitors. Pretending there's any tangible difference is idiotic.

Then again, I'm pretty sure you're exactly who I was talking about when it comes to racists who want to pretend that the flag is about some lofty standard, when it's really just the equivalent of the forged Calvin-pissing-on-whatever stickers you so frequently see NEXT to stickers of the rebel flag in hillbillies' truck windows.

They do have a place in history.

TO REMIND US THAT IN OUR HISTORY PARTS OF OUR COUNTRY WERE DEPENDENT UPON ENSLAVING OTHER HUMANS FOR THEIR OWN GAIN, AND THAT WE SHOULDN'T WANT TO GO BACK TO IT.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-22 11:17:24
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for making my point for me Ramy.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-22 11:18:16
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for making my point for me Ramy.

*** off.

Really wish I knew why your banned *** is even here, short of the mods considering you not worth their time.

Maybe I should follow their lead.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-22 11:18:21
Link | Citer | R

Ya'll realize that the Confederate Battle Flag was never officially recognized as one of the national flags.

It was the second national flag of the confederate states of america.

confederate flags
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-22 11:20:57
Link | Citer | R

Ya'll realize that the Confederate Battle Flag was never officially recognized as one of the national flags.

It was the second national flag of the confederate states of america.

confederate flags

They're very picky about their racist do-rags, Nik.

The second flag has to have the big white part with it in order to be official.

That's the part they cut off to make their KKK garb later on.

Edit: Sadly, the more you tell them this, the more they just cling to their bigotry and ignorance out of sheer bull-headedness.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-22 11:32:53
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
The second flag has to have the big white part with it in order to be official.

no it doesn't. the confederate states of america were never recognized.

unrecognized state
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-22 11:38:28
Link | Citer | R

TO REMIND US THAT IN OUR HISTORY PARTS OF OUR COUNTRY WERE DEPENDENT UPON ENSLAVING OTHER HUMANS FOR THEIR OWN GAIN, AND THAT WE SHOULDN'T WANT TO GO BACK TO IT.

Wow. You really are something special. The only difference between then and now is that we keep our slaves overseas and just have them ship our stuff.

Does it even enter your mind that the North profited from slavery more than the South? You do realize the South sold all that cotton to the Norths factory's. It's the most asinine thought process to believe the war was fought over slavery.

Sadly, the more you tell them this, the more they just cling to their bigotry and ignorance out of sheer bull-headedness.

Yup, the KKK used it. Get over it.

Also, The 2nd National Flag was "The Stainless Banner" Not the Confederate Battle Flag. Quite different.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-22 11:43:45
Link | Citer | R

The fact that hate so constantly receives shelter as "free speech" in our country is, quite honestly, stomach-churning.

Being a verbal asshat should be allowed under free speech. Then others who disagree can counter the hateful comments.

If we take "hateful speech" to an illegal level it just pushes that culture underground and re-enforces the persecution complex that seems to be prevelant among those followers.

I'd rather know who I want to avoid socially, politically, and financially because they were allowed to be transparent.

Edit :
Hell >.> fixed
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-06-22 11:55:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Then others who disagree can counter the hatful comments.

[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-22 12:06:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
The fact that hate so constantly receives shelter as "free speech" in our country is, quite honestly, stomach-churning.

Being a verbal asshat should be allowed under free speech. Then others who disagree can counter the hateful comments.

If we take "hateful speech" to an illegal level it just pushes that culture underground and re-enforces the persecution complex that seems to be prevelant among those followers.

I'd rather know who I want to avoid socially, politically, and financially because they were allowed to be transparent.

Edit :
Hell >.> fixed

Coming from the guy who always post stuff like this.
Sadly, the more you tell them this, the more they just cling to their bigotry and ignorance out of sheer bull-headedness.
*** off.
You would think he would be all for it. I guess it is considered okay for him though, being a hypocrite and all.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-22 12:08:19
Link | Citer | R

Yup, the KKK used it. Get over it.

to me it will always be the symbol of losers, of cry baby *** when the going got tough the south surrendered faster than frenchmen.

some call it a "rebel flag" but it's more of a rebel without a clue flag. rebelling against any authority based on a long history of ignorance and stupidity. a knee jerk rebellion not unlike that of a bratty child throwing a temper tantrum on the floor of the grocery store when his mom won't buy him candy.

it represents cowardice, stupidity, selfishness, stubbornness, illiteracy, idiocy, stupidity, gullibility

and the dukes of hazzard which was awesome.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-22 12:10:18
Link | Citer | R

You would think he would be all for it. I guess it is considered okay for him though, being a hypocrite and all.

The fact that you quote that first bit from me as a symbol of some sort of offensive speech is, in a word, laughable.

If the truth about you offends you, change yourself. But claiming that any form of the confederate/rebel flag is anything but the symbol of traitors and racists is ignorant.

Edit: Also, if you want to avoid me, you know where the door is. As I recall, you've been shown it at least once before.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-22 12:13:48
Link | Citer | R

The simple fact that you do not understand that what I quoted and this
If the truth about you offends you, change yourself. But claiming that any form of the confederate/rebel flag is anything but the symbol of traitors and racists is ignorant.
is considered offensive shows just how hypocritical you truly are.

Edit: Why would I want to avoid you? You give me free entertainment.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 687 688 689 ... 1375 1376 1377