Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 682 683 684 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-06-19 16:31:02
Link | Citer | R

he sounds like a lark!
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 16:39:49
Link | Citer | R

I got told about eight thousand times growing up "you're lucky your grandfather isn't alive".

All I can imagine is that he wouldn't have taken kindly to -- apparently -- a single *** thing I did, ever.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-06-19 16:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
I got told about eight thousand times growing up "you're lucky your grandfather isn't alive".

All I can imagine is that he wouldn't have taken kindly to -- apparently -- a single *** thing I did, ever.

Could be worse. My grandfather was 95 when he tried to get out of his wheelchair to take a swing at me. For the high crime of not damning my youngest brother to hell when he came out of the closet.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2015-06-19 17:20:12
Link | Citer | R

Ooooo tuesday is gonna be a good day for me D:

I get my XIV CE and my Loot Crate :D
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-19 21:17:54
Link | Citer | R

Humans soon to be extinct.

Quote:
The world is embarking on its sixth mass extinction with animals disappearing about 100 times faster than they used to, scientists warned Friday, and humans could be among the first victims.

Not since the age of the dinosaurs ended 66 million years ago has the planet been losing species at this rapid a rate, said a study led by experts at Stanford University, Princeton University and the University of California, Berkeley.

The study "shows without any significant doubt that we are now entering the sixth great mass extinction event," said co-author Paul Ehrlich, a Stanford University professor of biology.

And humans are likely to be among the species lost, said the study -- which its authors described as "conservative" -- published in the journal Science Advances.

"If it is allowed to continue, life would take many millions of years to recover and our species itself would likely disappear early on," said lead author Gerardo Ceballos of the Universidad Autonoma de Mexico.

The analysis is based on documented extinctions of vertebrates, or animals with internal skeletons such as frogs, reptiles and tigers, from fossil records and other historical data.

The modern rate of species loss was compared to the "natural rates of species disappearance before human activity dominated."

It can be difficult to estimate this rate, also known as the background rate, since humans don't know exactly what happened throughout the course of Earth's 4.5 billion year history.

For the study, researchers used a past extinction rate that was twice as high as widely used estimates.

If the past rate was two mammal extinctions per 10,000 species per 100 years, then the "average rate of vertebrate species loss over the last century is up to 114 times higher than it would be without human activity, even when relying on the most conservative estimates of species extinction," said the study.

"We emphasize that our calculations very likely underestimate the severity of the extinction crisis because our aim was to place a realistic lower bound on humanity's impact on biodiversity."

The causes of species loss range from climate change to pollution to deforestation and more.

According to the International Union for Conservation of Nature, about 41 percent of all amphibian species and 26 percent of all mammals are threatened with extinction.

"There are examples of species all over the world that are essentially the walking dead," Ehrlich said.

The study called for "rapid, greatly intensified efforts to conserve already threatened species, and to alleviate pressures on their populations -- notably habitat loss, over-exploitation for economic gain and climate change."
Sixth mass extinction is here: US study
By fonewear 2015-06-19 21:54:19
Link | Citer | R

Not soon enough ! I'm tired of living on Earth !
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-19 21:57:32
Link | Citer | R

Truly this is a mighty extinction event, much in line with previous ones.

GIANT METEOR...
SUPERVOLCANIC ERUPTION...
SUV EXHAUST.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-20 00:44:19
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Pink Slips at Disney. But First, Training Foreign Replacements.
Yeah, I recall reading about that not too long ago. A damn good reason as to why they need to get money out of politics. We have tech people here, we don't need to bring more in from India.
This is actually an illegal use of the H-1B visa.

Also, after the negative publicity Disney backed down.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-20 07:09:53
Link | Citer | R

After Charleston shooting of course Obama is calling for tougher gun laws.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-resigned-gun-control-charleston-south-carolina-shooting/story?id=31900128

Two days after the Charleston church shooting, President Obama said he was "not resigned" on the issue of gun control, adding new legislation could save Americans' lives.

"If Congress had passed some common sense gun safety reforms after Newtown, after a group of children had been gunned down in their own classroom, we might still have some more Americans with us." he said. "We might have stopped one shooter. Some families might still be whole. We all might have to attend fewer funerals and we should be strong enough to acknowledge this."

Dylann Roof Hears Victims' Families Speak at 1st Court Appearance: 'I Forgive You'

President Obama Expresses 'Deep Sorrow' Over Charleston Church Shooting

Speaking at the U.S. Conference of Mayors in San Francisco Friday, the president urged Americans to rethink the importance of gun legislation and encourage politicians to act on it.

"I am not resigned. I have faith we will eventually do the right thing," he said.

On Wednesday, Dylann Roof, 21, a white man, allegedly open fire in a church Bible study group, killing nine African-Americans. The president said the suspect's alleged motivations should unit the country in a fight against them.

“The apparent motivations of the shooter remind us that racism remains a blight that we have to combat together," he said. "We have made great progress but we have to be vigilant because it’s still lingering and when its’ poisoning the minds of young people it betrays our ideals and it tears our democracy apart.”
By fonewear 2015-06-20 07:12:20
Link | Citer | R

There you have it people. No guns no crime. It's really that easy.
By fonewear 2015-06-20 07:25:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Omael said: »

Could be worse. My grandfather was 95 when he tried to get out of his wheelchair to take a swing at me. For the high crime of not damning my youngest brother to hell when he came out of the closet.

Damning people to hell is an important thing to learn though !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-20 08:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Omael said: »

Well we know who *isn't* getting his spongebath now.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-20 09:37:52
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
After Charleston shooting of course Obama is calling for tougher gun laws.

did he ask nancy pelosi's permission to make that call?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-20 10:21:30
Link | Citer | R

I implore my NRA allies to push forward the 'arm every brown person' in America initiative. Long has this untapped resource been left to sit while politicians in Washington sit on their hands. Think of the money that could be made. The message that could be sent to every scumbag in this fair nation if those most at risk of being shot were armed.

I envision an America where kids and parents are side by side hitting targets on a Sunday afternoon, practicing tactical rolls and shooting cardboard cutouts of psychopaths with shotguns. To defend themselves and their liberties the only solution is to arm up and take on this evil head on.
By fonewear 2015-06-20 10:27:47
Link | Citer | R

To summarize:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2015-06-20 10:37:57
Link | Citer | R

The cure to racism is for Obama to lay his hands on your head and say "white devil be gone" !
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-20 11:57:34
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Pink Slips at Disney. But First, Training Foreign Replacements.
Yeah, I recall reading about that not too long ago. A damn good reason as to why they need to get money out of politics. We have tech people here, we don't need to bring more in from India.
This is actually an illegal use of the H-1B visa.

Also, after the negative publicity Disney backed down.

This is pretty sad if you think about it. Small companies that are trying to hire skilled professionals for roles they can't fill with domestic people are run through the ringer, but a multi national corporation gets little scrutiny when essentially importing their outsourcing.
By Jetackuu 2015-06-20 13:59:48
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I implore my NRA allies to push forward the 'arm every brown person' in America initiative. Long has this untapped resource been left to sit while politicians in Washington sit on their hands. Think of the money that could be made. The message that could be sent to every scumbag in this fair nation if those most at risk of being shot were armed.

I envision an America where kids and parents are side by side hitting targets on a Sunday afternoon, practicing tactical rolls and shooting cardboard cutouts of psychopaths with shotguns. To defend themselves and their liberties the only solution is to arm up and take on this evil head on.

Arm the brown people, sure. But let's also work on dealing with those with mental illness, and trying to actually fight against our urban poverty issues while we're at it.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-20 14:25:00
Link | Citer | R

It's strange that other countries with mentally ill people don't have mass shootings several times a year if access to guns isn't a factor... Unless you want to live in an Orwellian police state just so you can own an unnecessary arsenal, gun laws need attention.
By Jetackuu 2015-06-20 14:26:47
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
It's strange that other countries with mentally ill people don't have mass shootings several times a year if access to guns isn't a factor... Unless you want to live in an Orwellian police state just so you can own an unnecessary arsenal, gun laws need attention.
Quite the opposite really, hence why I would like to keep mine.

I'm not going to get into this discussion though, as it's entirely fruitless.

Just in your premise we don't agree, several times.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-20 15:24:09
Link | Citer | R

How would you propose to better identify and treat the mentally ill than massive surveillance, then?

I'll happily ignore the gun portion, I'm curious how you would deal with the mental illness and violent behavior.
 Cerberus.Laconic
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-20 15:27:17
Link | Citer | R

umm.. wasn't this guy and the sandy hook guy already on mental illness drugs?

unnecessary arsenal

Hahaha.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-20 15:30:24
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Laconic said: »

unnecessary arsenal

Hahaha.

Adam Lanza has Assbergers I believe. I think we should ban that !

He was obsessed with video games too can we ban those ?

Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-20 15:34:01
Link | Citer | R

unnecessary arsenal

Hahaha.

Please explain why it's necessary to own dozens of guns. If like to hear a rational reason, because you don't need dozens to defend your home or self and nothing will make an impact against the US military.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-20 15:44:35
Link | Citer | R

unnecessary arsenal

Hahaha.

Please explain why it's necessary to own dozens of guns. If like to hear a rational reason, because you don't need dozens to defend your home or self and nothing will make an impact against the US military.

Please explain why it's necessary to own dozens of gunsanything. Because you don't need dozens unless you are an enthusiast, enjoy them, invest in them, or my personal favorite. Live in America.

I'd like to hear your irrational reasons to not own dozens of guns anything. Because that what they are irrational.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-20 15:48:07
Link | Citer | R

I'll be back to read your pitiful excuse of an answer later. For some reason I have an overwhelming urge to go fire off 2-300 rounds just for the hell of it. You know why? Because I can.
By fonewear 2015-06-20 15:48:16
Link | Citer | R

9 out of 10 gun owners are homicidal maniacs ! Just talk to someone that owns a gun. You'll see.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-20 15:49:48
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to hear your irrational reasons to not own dozens of guns anything. Because that what they are irrational.

Collecting anything is irrational unless it appreciates in value. Classic firearms are different than modern ones in that respect. I own 3 guns, one classic, one to carry (which I occasionally do), and one for home defense. I cannot imagine a scenario where I'd collect modern assault rifles instead of rare currency, precious metals, or classic cars.

You're kidding yourself if you think people are buying dozens of guns as collectors' items even a large amount of the time.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-20 16:04:16
Link | Citer | R

Your kidding yourself if you think any fire arm will depreciate in value for one. For two, Hypocrite.

/Drops mic.
By Jetackuu 2015-06-20 16:12:20
Link | Citer | R

How would you propose to better identify and treat the mentally ill than massive surveillance, then?

I'll happily ignore the gun portion, I'm curious how you would deal with the mental illness and violent behavior.

You mean to identify, or what to do with those who are already identified? As they're two very separate yet both large issues.
First Page 2 3 ... 682 683 684 ... 1375 1376 1377