Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 673 674 675 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Cerberus.Laconic
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-17 14:23:00
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
there's really 0 reason to go into sexual interests past what's necessary to educate as far as STD/pregnancy concerns

a 'comprehensive' education should cover the biological parts of procreation, vaginal/oral/anal sex(obviously including same-gender) with information regarding the dangers associated with each, and explain all the horrible parts of pregnancy because for real that ***is scary even without abstinence

the only reason to teach transgender/fetish things is personal bias, they have no real impact on any of the negatives to sex and there's plenty of material for people to experiment with on their own as long as they know the important stuff

Thank you (+)
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-17 14:24:11
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
I have a question~

Has there been more or less teen pregnancy with more sex ed classes?

Among the 48 states in this analysis (all U.S. states except North Dakota and Wyoming), 21 states stressed abstinence-only education in their 2005 state laws and/or policies (level 3), 7 states emphasized abstinence education (level 2), 11 states covered abstinence in the context of comprehensive sex education (level 1), and 9 states did not mention abstinence (level 0) in their state laws or policies (Figure 1). In 2005, level 0 states had an average (± standard error) teen pregnancy rate of 58.78 (±4.96), level 1 states averaged 56.36 (±3.94), level 2 states averaged 61.86 (±3.93), and level 3 states averaged 73.24 (±2.58) teen pregnancies per 1000 girls aged 14–19 (Table 3). The level of abstinence education (no provision, covered, promoted, stressed) was positively correlated with both teen pregnancy (Spearman's rho = 0.510, p = 0.001) and teen birth (rho = 0.605, p<0.001) rates (Table 4), indicating that abstinence education in the U.S. does not cause abstinence behavior. To the contrary, teens in states that prescribe more abstinence education are actually more likely to become pregnant (Figure 2). Abortion rates were not correlated with abstinence education level (rho = −0.136, p = 0.415). A multivariate analysis of teen pregnancy and birth rates identified the level of abstinence education as a significant influence on teen pregnancy and birth rates across states (pregnancies F = 5.620, p = 0.002; births F = 11.814, p<0.001). The significant pregnancy effect was caused by significantly lower pregnancy rates in level 0 (no abstinence provision) states compared to level 3 (abstinence stressed) states (p = 0.036), and level 1 (abstinence covered) states compared to level 3 states (p = 0.005); the significant birth effect was caused by significantly lower teen birth rates in level 0 states compared to level 3 (p = 0.006) states, and significantly lower teen birth rates in level 1 states compared to level 3 states (p<0.001).
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-17 14:33:35
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Laconic said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Wait, what?
Teaching abstinence isn't teaching absolutely nothing. It's teaching "don't have sex" because "reasons". Which is even less useful then teaching "don't breathe" because "reasons".

And keep in mind, it isn't just teaching "Don't have sex". It's teaching "Don't have premarital sex". Why not? You can get just as pregnant after marriage as before. You can get just as many STDs after marriage as before. It's dumb, artificial delimitation which do no more than reduce the credibility of those imparting the lesson (at best).

Where in any of my posts have I used the word abstinence, please show me.
What does that have to do with an alligator wearing a snakeskin dress?
The "hard right", when applied to US political parties, would be Republicans; which by far and away promote abstinence.

The "hard right", when applied to US political spectrum of beliefs, involves teaching absolutely nothing to anyone (go learn about it yourself from scratch and first principles, damnit!), regardless of topic. Bootstraps, etc.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-17 14:39:40
Link | Citer | R

Wait, what?
Teaching abstinence isn't teaching absolutely nothing. It's teaching "don't have sex" because "reasons". Which is even less useful then teaching "don't breathe" because "reasons".

And keep in mind, it isn't just teaching "Don't have sex". It's teaching "Don't have premarital sex". Why not? You can get just as pregnant after marriage as before. You can get just as many STDs after marriage as before. It's dumb, artificial delimitation which do no more than reduce the credibility of those imparting the lesson (at best).

The "hard right", when applied to US political parties, would be Republicans; which by far and away promote abstinence.

The "hard right", when applied to US political spectrum of beliefs, involves teaching absolutely nothing to anyone (go learn about it yourself from scratch and first principles, damnit!), regardless of topic. Bootstraps, etc.

It has to do with you not being able to read and just throwing out words that have nothing to do with my posts you quoted.

Another example of you not reading.
Is compromise really so hard for you people to understand or is it hardline right or hardline left and nothing in between. Oh no we can't settle for something in between because neither side would be right!
I said that last page!
By Ramyrez 2015-06-17 14:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget the part where they only think like that because damn liberals want to start making kids gay with sex toys. Or something.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-17 14:49:05
Link | Citer | R

s compromise really so hard for you people to understand or is it hardline right or hardline left and nothing in between. Oh no we can't settle for something in between because neither side would be right!

In reality I can settle just fine. But people around here hardly deal in reality or compromise. And ideally we make sure kids learn better than prior generations about this stuff.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-17 15:06:46
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
s compromise really so hard for you people to understand or is it hardline right or hardline left and nothing in between. Oh no we can't settle for something in between because neither side would be right!

In reality I can settle just fine. But people around here hardly deal in reality or compromise. And ideally we make sure kids learn better than prior generations about this stuff.

In reality all I have been doing is saying compromise and all you have been doing is putting words in my mouth. Good job taking a step back and realizing how far left you have been though.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-17 15:09:30
Link | Citer | R

In reality all I have been doing is saying compromise and all you have been doing is putting words in my mouth. Good job taking a step back and realizing how far left you have been though.

So, teaching children about sex is far left?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-17 15:10:54
Link | Citer | R

If your compromises are full of bs I don't see why anyone should settle with them.

So no, saying "but it's compromise!" is not automatically a win.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-17 15:13:12
Link | Citer | R

Wait, what?

It has to do with you not being able to read and just throwing out words that have nothing to do with my posts you quoted.

Another example of you not reading.
Is compromise really so hard for you people to understand or is it hardline right or hardline left and nothing in between. Oh no we can't settle for something in between because neither side would be right!
I said that last page!
There's a significant difference between teaching "These things exist" versus not teaching.

You could go so far as to say that that's the difference between being educated and non-educated.

Now, there is also quite a difference between teaching "These things exist" versus teaching "This is the one true thing, and the only thing; blasphemy and damnation optional".
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-17 15:16:49
Link | Citer | R

Haven't put a single word in your mouth. I've interpreted what you've said. Though I'm not suprised you don't realize what you're actually saying or suggesting half the time.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-17 15:17:09
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

putting words in my mouth

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If your compromises are full of bs I don't see why anyone should settle with them.

So no, saying "but it's compromise!" is not automatically a win.
Saying.
You will not find it because people like you prefer extremes. Rational people are going to be okay with a class teaching teens about birth control and how a condom works. The problem is, that is never good enough and stuff like this happens.
Is full of B.S.?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-17 15:21:34
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

putting words in my mouth

You've done the hyperbolic comparison of teaching kids about sex in terms of bondage and sex toys. Then said that teaching nothing is better than teaching that, then said that it's far left. So, maybe, instead of claiming people are putting words in your mouth, you actually present a coherent thought that's more than just a counterpoint or hyperbole?
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-17 15:23:57
Link | Citer | R

I've shown proof that kids are being taught that. Then I said that is why the hard right would prefer to teach nothing because the hard left cannot be happy with comprise!

I claim people put words in my mouth because they actually do! rofl.
Your post is the perfect example!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-17 15:25:36
Link | Citer | R

would prefer to teach nothing because the hard left cannot be happy with comprise!
Ignorance is better than having slightly uncomfortable conversations for parents.

Genius!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-17 15:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Hi. Let's all take a nice, deep breath.

This topic is touchy even by P+R standards, and I get that, but it's starting to devolve a little.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-17 15:27:09
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
would prefer to teach nothing because the hard left cannot be happy with comprise!
Ignorance is better than having slightly uncomfortable conversations for parents.

Genius!

You're putting words into his mouth again!

Be careful!
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-17 15:27:50
Link | Citer | R

I've shown proof that kids are being taught that. Then I said that is why the hard right would prefer to teach nothing because the hard left cannot be happy with comprise!

Wait what?
Being taught things that exist, exist, isn't a compromise. It's what we like to call reality.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-17 15:28:20
Link | Citer | R

Then the hard right needs to sit down and actually discuss the topic instead of folding their arms and pretending they have veto power over what kids are capable of understanding and slough off the ideologues that soak up government funding for their proven harmful abstinence education. I can show that abstinence education DOES HARM to children, can you prove that teaching them about prostitution and *** does?

Instead of complaining that people tear apart your argument, develop a better argument.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-06-17 15:31:44
Link | Citer | R

In order for their to be compromise you would have to have both sides sit down and agree to something. Compromise is not you sitting there telling other people that we should only teach basic things about contraception and not even going into what "basic things" are.

There's a difference between discussing realities of our society today and putting words in your mouth as well.
By volkom 2015-06-17 15:39:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-17 15:56:14
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
Interesting; doesn't follow the usual trends of median income, education level, nor population density.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-17 16:05:13
Link | Citer | R

Ah, another day of fighting in P&R. Gotta love it.

[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-17 16:16:39
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-17 17:10:12
Link | Citer | R

tl;dr: stop messing up future generations with radical liberal ideology?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-17 17:12:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Ah, another day of fighting in P&R. Gotta love it.

Who would have thought a discussion of giving kindergarten kids sex toys would lead to this !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-17 17:13:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

So I can't read to my 4 year old boy/girl "I have two moms and my family is more progressive than yours !"
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-17 17:16:53
Link | Citer | R

Might as well shut down every single college university in America to do this !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-17 17:29:27
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

So I can't read to my 4 year old boy/girl "I have two moms and my family is more progressive than yours !"

Meh, that one's not that good. My kids prefer "Horton Hears a Hoochie".
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 673 674 675 ... 1375 1376 1377