Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 665 666 667 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-13 07:12:02
Link | Citer | R

I might have to check this out:

Quote:
The Rugby League European Championship B fixture between Ukraine and Russia will take place in Belgrade, Serbia, on July 4.
Russia v Ukraine to take place in Belgrade
By fonewear 2015-06-13 07:22:39
Link | Citer | R

How dare you watch an un-American sport on the 4th of July !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-13 10:18:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
A man suspected of a gun and bomb attack outside Dallas Police headquarters in the early hours of Saturday was shot and possibly killed by snipers a few hours later.

Dallas Police Chief David Brown said police snipers shot the suspect through the windshield of a van in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant about 10 miles (16 km) south of the city. A robot would be deployed to check the van for explosives before officers go to see whether the man is dead, he said.

No one else was believed to have been hurt in the attack which happened at around 12:30 a.m. (0630 GMT) after police responded to reports of automatic gunfire from what was described as an armored van outside their headquarters.

Initial eyewitness reports that up to four assailants were involved proved to be unfounded and police believe there was only one attacker, Brown said. His motive was unclear, but the suspect had earlier threatened to kill police officers, he said.

At the incident unfolded, two devices exploded outside the police HQ. The first was a pipe bomb that went off when a police robot attempted to move it. A second device, placed under a police vehicle, was detonated by a bomb squad.

When police closed in on the van, it rammed a squad car and gunfire erupted. The van drove off as police returned fire and officers gave chase, Brown said.

The van stopped in the restaurant parking lot in the city of Hutchins, where there was another exchange of gunfire. Police said they surrounded the van and managed to disable it with a high-powered rifle.

Brown said police negotiators had spoken with someone inside the van, who identified himself as James Boulware.

The police chief said they had not yet been able to confirm the identity of the man, but said police had responded previously to three incidents of domestic violence involving a man with that name.
Suspect shot after gun and bomb attack at Dallas police headquarters
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-13 10:29:33
Link | Citer | R

Oooo.....

Page 666!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-13 10:32:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
A man suspected of a gun and bomb attack outside Dallas Police headquarters in the early hours of Saturday was shot and possibly killed by snipers a few hours later.

Dallas Police Chief David Brown said police snipers shot the suspect through the windshield of a van in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant about 10 miles (16 km) south of the city. A robot would be deployed to check the van for explosives before officers go to see whether the man is dead, he said.

No one else was believed to have been hurt in the attack which happened at around 12:30 a.m. (0630 GMT) after police responded to reports of automatic gunfire from what was described as an armored van outside their headquarters.

Initial eyewitness reports that up to four assailants were involved proved to be unfounded and police believe there was only one attacker, Brown said. His motive was unclear, but the suspect had earlier threatened to kill police officers, he said.

At the incident unfolded, two devices exploded outside the police HQ. The first was a pipe bomb that went off when a police robot attempted to move it. A second device, placed under a police vehicle, was detonated by a bomb squad.

When police closed in on the van, it rammed a squad car and gunfire erupted. The van drove off as police returned fire and officers gave chase, Brown said.

The van stopped in the restaurant parking lot in the city of Hutchins, where there was another exchange of gunfire. Police said they surrounded the van and managed to disable it with a high-powered rifle.

Brown said police negotiators had spoken with someone inside the van, who identified himself as James Boulware.

The police chief said they had not yet been able to confirm the identity of the man, but said police had responded previously to three incidents of domestic violence involving a man with that name.
Suspect shot after gun and bomb attack at Dallas police headquarters

Imagine a world without guns...he would have to use a knife to attack the police !
By fonewear 2015-06-13 11:51:21
Link | Citer | R

Few pages back we were talking about liberals here you go !

Too long didn't watch : Liberals make America worse.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-13 12:01:57
Link | Citer | R

I'm actually watching this video. It's quite funny so far.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-13 12:02:39
Link | Citer | R

It is a lot of common sense which liberals hate ! If you are liberal everything has to work "in theroy"
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-13 12:07:06
Link | Citer | R

I like how he says being really liberal means you don't realize just how liberal you are.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-13 12:08:34
Link | Citer | R

In a nutshell the left wishes to be big government like Sweden, so true!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-13 13:16:33
Link | Citer | R

It's official ! I don't care but women do !

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-ready-make-pitch-1st-official-campaign/story?id=31737370

Cerberus.Laconic
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-14 14:45:46
Link | Citer | R

Vote for me because I am a Woman.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/06/hillary-clinton-grandmother-in-chief-118978.html#.VX3Y7EbYGYw

When all else fails..
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-14 14:49:35
Link | Citer | R

By Enuyasha 2015-06-14 16:59:08
Link | Citer | R

No one acknowledges we've reached page 666 of religion thread.

FOR.SHAME.FFXIAH.

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Oooo.....

Page 666!

Well, except chanti when i read up....BUT STILL!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-15 08:57:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Spokane NAACP president allegedly faked being black

But guys she identifies as black, what's the problem?

Clearly we need some kind of transracial assignment surgery.

Today, I would appreciate it if everyone here treated me like a ham sandwich, as that's what I've been identifying as for the last few days.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-15 09:02:28
Link | Citer | R

Today, I would appreciate it if everyone here treated me like a ham sandwich, as that's what I've been identifying as for the last few days.

I've always looked upon you in such a fashion. I just knew.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-15 09:07:50
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

I've always looked upon you in such a fashion. I just knew.
Thank you for recognizing my courage!
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-15 09:14:22
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ham Sandwich said: »
Thank you for recognizing my courage!

You're going to need all the courage you can.... mustard... in a couple of hours.. when it will be LUNCH TIME!!!

<drooling intensifies>
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-06-15 09:14:49
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »
No one acknowledges we've reached page 666 of religion thread.

FOR.SHAME.FFXIAH.

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Oooo.....

Page 666!

Well, except chanti when i read up....BUT STILL!
Hail Stan!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-15 09:15:44
Link | Citer | R

Hey look. Pennsylvania makes as much selling heroin and meth as Columbia makes selling cocaine.

...oh. Not how I was suppose to read that?

That's probably true. Smack tends to be cheaper than blow, which is why it's so *** popular in bumfuck nowhere.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-15 09:20:31
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-15 09:28:36
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ham Sandwich said: »
spokane

I read she is supposed to have press conference today...
something something we all come from africa or something.

or she watched "soul man" several hundred times... idk...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-15 09:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-15 09:57:18
Link | Citer | R

and Ham Sandwich's picture of bruce jenner reminded me of something...

ok so that poor crazy *** is 65 years old... what if he all the sudden turns seventy and says "I had a psychotic episode why did you all let me do this?" and sues everyone.

and what kind of doctor specializes in sexual reassignment surgery anyways? where do you have to go to? south america? to learn that ***? Dr. Mengele's school for experimental disfigurement?
By Ramyrez 2015-06-15 10:10:27
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
ok so that poor crazy *** is 65 years old... what if he all the sudden turns seventy and says "I had a psychotic episode why did you all let me do this?" and sues everyone.

Even basic outpatient surgeries require like three levels of waiver/verification/confirmation.

Pretty sure they're safe from him changing his mind postoperatively.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-15 10:14:17
Link | Citer | R

Looking deeper at that map, Chaos...Ohio makes as much as UAE?

I have a super hard time believing that.

Unless Ohio somehow figured out how to market and export misery.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-15 10:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
When you're dealing in feels anything is possible.

Ramyrez said: »
Unless Ohio somehow figured out how to market and export misery.
I believe they did.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-15 10:33:22
Link | Citer | R

I believe they did.

...they convinced other people to become Cleveland Browns fans?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-15 10:40:16
Link | Citer | R

Great story, if you like overreactions to a harmless comment that ruined someone's life...

Quote:
A week ago, Tim Hunt was a well-known Nobel Prize winner who was promoting science education throughout Europe and the world.

Today he's widely perceived as a sexist who has been stripped of most of his positions because of inappropriate comments about women in science.

Gone is his position with the European Research Council science committee, his role at the Royal Society, and his honorary post at University College London. He said Sunday he was fired from the latter, while the university has said only that his resignation was accepted.

Hunt's fall followed a speech Tuesday at the World Conference of Science Journalists in South Korea in which he said that girls cause trouble in labs because "you fall in love with them, they fall in love with you, and when you criticize them, they cry."

The comments caused an instant Twitter storm that quickly led to Hunt, 72, leaving his posts even as he apologized. He has said he had been trying to make a joke, but nevertheless stood by his comment that love affairs in the lab are disruptive to science.

He was vilified by many, including The Guardian's Anne Perkins, who wrote that his comments were "the educated man's version" of blaming rape victims because they were wearing short skirts before they were attacked.

Hunt, 72, laments that his cherished career is finished — and some prominent women scientists who thought his remarks were deeply offensive said Sunday the punishment may be too harsh.

Athene Donald, a leading physicist who is master of Churchill College at Cambridge University, said Hunt always enthusiastically supported her work when she served for five years as Gender Equality Champion at the university.

"I've spent a lot of time with him and I've never seen any sign of sexism," she told The Associated Press. "He has traveled the world since he got the Nobel Prize, talking to young audiences, male and female, giving so generously, and now he has been ruined."

Hunt won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2001 and later was made a knight.

Donald said his comments were "indefensible" but there have been no cases of women coming forward to say they were poorly treated by Hunt, or discriminated against in any way.

Ottoline Leyser, a former student of Hunt's who now directs the Sainsbury Laboratory at the University of Cambridge, said she was upset that Hunt's offensive comments could have a negative impact on young women considering a career in science but that his record is otherwise unblemished.

"All my interactions with him were very positive," she told the AP. "He was a very enthusiastic and inspirational teacher. I've no indications from my experience or from colleagues that he's in the slightest way sexist."

She said the speed with which news of his comments spread via social media has reinforced for many scientists the dangers of speaking to the press or to the public.

"We're all of us terrified," she said. "In this media age, when sound bites spread so quickly, an off-the-cuff remark after a lunch in some conference can suddenly result in the fatal destruction of your career."
Nobel Prize-winning scientist says he was forced to resign

Welcome to the new world where it doesn't matter what you do or didn't do, but feels > all.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-15 11:31:48
Link | Citer | R

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 665 666 667 ... 1375 1376 1377