Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 662 663 664 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-12 09:03:10
Link | Citer | R

/sigh. Ramyrez, you're just "uncultured" for not "getting it". The way that one artist splatters paint on a canvas haphazardly and sells it for big bucks is totally different from the way you or I would do it. After looking at their work in a museum (and then checking the placard real quick to make sure it wasn't some random schlub who did it), you can really feel their inner turmoil expressed through the medium of paint-flinging.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-12 09:06:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
/sigh. Ramyrez, you're just "uncultured" for not "getting it". The way that one artist splatters paint on a canvas haphazardly and sells it for big bucks is totally different from the way you or I would do it. After looking at their work in a museum (and then checking the placard real quick to make sure it wasn't some random schlub who did it), you can really feel their inner turmoil expressed through the medium of paint-flinging.

Heh.

Guess so.

I even like Jackson Pollock's work.

I just dislike art/music/etc. snobs.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-12 09:06:54
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Ramyrez, you're just "uncultured"

Also...

*sniffs*

You're right. I bathed today. I just smell vaguely of Old Spice.

If you're growing cultures, take a bath.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-12 09:09:15
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Do we know why that woman was hitting the black teenager and shouting racial slurs at her? I mean is it at all possible that she did so and isn't a racist?

dude, getting lambasted by the media is a far cry from being rounded up and thrown in death camps.

I haven't had a chance to watch that video, & know next to nothing about this particular case, but even losing your job isn't exactly being tortured and murdered.

let's keep a little perspective here.

Ok what I meant by "1930's Jews" was the Jews in persecution, not the "tortured - bake em in the oven" Jews of the 1940s. The mass extermination part of the holocaust (the death camps part) didn't really start until 1939. You may wanna see a doctor about that knee-jerk.

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
The politically incorrect are the new 1930s jews.

you're an idiot.

Do we know why that woman was hitting the black teenager and shouting racial slurs at her? I mean is it at all possible that she did so and isn't a racist?
It's probably not possible in this situation or at least that she was racist in the context of this interaction. Thing is Nausi that even if you get into a heated argument you can call people alot of things without tossing out racial taunts. Call em whatever you'd call another white person call em an *** or a scumbag or whatever... but when you start callin em a *** or whatever other racial slur you can't really defend yourself at that point... So unless this lady is throwing out the same racial slurs at whites too then it's pretty likely that she's got some racism in her bones.

Regardless... she should be arrested for assualting a minor without even throwing race into this.

Didn't we all at some time conclude that using a racial slur didn't have to make one racist? People say crazy ***when they feel threatened, it's not some window exposing their "secret racism". If a black guy had said it would he be just as racist? you realize that if you don't apply the same standard based on race, that's racism right?

As far as hitting a minor, I can imagine many situations where striking someone under the age of 18 is justified. Like if I was at my friends pool party and someone little kid crashed it and started beating up on him, you better believe I would come to his aid if I felt the situation called for it.

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Yet another example of the politically incorrect as the new 1930s Jews.
By fonewear 2015-06-12 09:09:52
Link | Citer | R

So you are telling me vagina egg plop is better than Van Gogh ?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-12 09:10:41
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Hey guys gang, saying "guys" is sexist and it's a big problem.

Vox magazine is apparently the central hub for PC-disgustingness.

My favorite part:

"You can think of the push to drop "guys" as political correctness run amok, or you can think of it as making a tiny change that doesn't cost you anything and will keep you from being a jerk to half the population — and help you make the world just a tiny bit more fair. "

See if you drop "guys" as accepted lexicon, you can get some good feelz!
I wanted to see what the alternative was. I was thinking, hey people, but this is what they have to offer:
Quote:
Friends
Folks
Everyone
Colleagues
Gang
Team
Y'all
Guys and girls
Isn't gang racist?

Can't we just accept that when people use this particular form of vernacular (guys), it adopts a neutered context?

As for gang being racist, the masters of PC, are the only ones allowed to prioritize the protected classes. Isn't "guys and girls" just as sexist?

Guys and girls isn't exactly sexist, but it is a mouthful and an ineffective way to address an audience in public speaking. This whole thing is moot anyway, a good public speaker doesn't address the audience that way.

Let people have their silly crusades against pronouns, languages are alive and evolving, sooner or later we'll have a more acceptable word.

It is sexist in the same way "guys" is sexist. It otherwise assumes people identify as either a guy or a girl. What about those who don't?
By fonewear 2015-06-12 09:13:49
Link | Citer | R

I don't get this art cause I'm not a hipster:

By fonewear 2015-06-12 09:17:49
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
What do we call me?

an indignant little puke!!!

(not you, the subject of your article)

While I personally enjoy that my asthetic has become somewhat more fashionable as of late, I had it before and I'll be keeping it well after. It was never entirely compatable with hipsters anyhow.

That and I hate Apple, the love of which is like, a key aspect of hipsters.

I don't hate apple because of hipsters. I hate apple cause it is a closed system that makes you use everything they develop.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-12 09:21:05
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I don't hate apple because of hipsters. I hate apple cause it is a closed system that makes you use everything they develop.

Oh, yeah. I don't hate Apple because of Hipsters either. I hate Apple because...I hate Apple. Most things about them, really.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-12 09:22:41
Link | Citer | R

So you are telling me vagina egg plop is better than Van Gogh ?

No, I'm saying that there are undoubtedly great artists out there right now struggling just as Van Gogh did in his own lifetime and folks should explore and become patrons to today's artists rather than live exclusively in the past. Appreciate the greats of the past, by all means. Just realize there's good stuff out there now too.

As for Georgia O'Queef, she's just playing a niche market.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-12 09:23:27
Link | Citer | R

Now I need to watch a video of Georgia O Queef !
By Ramyrez 2015-06-12 09:23:47
Link | Citer | R

Now I need to watch a video of Georgia O Queef !

C'mon. You have to admit.

That was a *** great one.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-12 09:24:12
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like something I would say !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-12 09:24:47
Link | Citer | R

You're all just mad you're not part of an incestuous art scene made up of rich kid offspring, drug addled idealists, arrogant snobs, pathetic losers, attention *** and defenders of the faith.

It's almost like the art scene mirrors the old XI endgame....
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-12 09:26:49
Link | Citer | R

You had me at incestuous.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-12 09:27:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
You're all just mad you're not part of an incestuous art scene made up of rich kid offspring, drug addled idealists, arrogant snobs, pathetic losers, attention *** and defenders of the faith.

It's almost like the art scene mirrors the old XI endgame....

It's not an addiction till you enter FFXI rehab.

You can cling to your guns and religion. I'll cling to my outdated MMO !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-06-12 09:27:20
Link | Citer | R

Didn't we all at some time conclude that using a racial slur didn't have to make one racist? People say crazy ***when they feel threatened, it's not some window exposing their "secret racism". If a black guy had said it would he be just as racist? you realize that if you don't apply the same standard based on race, that's racism right?

As far as hitting a minor, I can imagine many situations where striking someone under the age of 18 is justified. Like if I was at my friends pool party and someone little kid crashed it and started beating up on him, you better believe I would come to his aid if I felt the situation called for it.
In what way was this person threatened? The only thing I'll give you is that we weren't there to witness it so we can't know what really happened. From all the accounts of the story so far there is no indication that this person was threatened. From all accounts she started off the exchange. Where did any of it say that this young girl was not invited or that she crashed the party and threatened this woman?

If you feel the need to make up events just to try to justify yourself by all means... but as I said before why, even in the heat of the moment, do you even turn to racial slurs or insulting in any way based on race? There are plenty of ways I could cuss anyone out without going there. Would you do that if you were in the heat of the moment with another white person in the same situation? Would you insult them based on their race or do you just call them an *** or some other kind of insult that has nothing to do with race?

If it were the black girl in this case insulting the white woman regarding her race then yes she would be racist. I always think it's funny when people try to defend that kind of behavior with a it's not equal argument lol..

Honestly... if you can't control a situation with multiple people to the point where you have to beat down a 14 y/o at your age then you're a bigger pussy than I thought.

Yet another example of the politically incorrect as the new 1930s Jews.
So why do you think a teacher who has students that encompass many different races and then publicly calls for segregation should be teaching those students still?
By fonewear 2015-06-12 09:30:01
Link | Citer | R

!
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

In what way was this person threatened? The only thing I'll give you is that we weren't there to witness it so we can't know what really happened. From all the accounts of the story so far there is no indication that this person was threatened. From all accounts she started off the exchange. Where did any of it say that this young girl was not invited or that she crashed the party and threatened this woman?

If you feel the need to make up events just to try to justify yourself by all means... but as I said before why, even in the heat of the moment, do you even turn to racial slurs or insulting in any way based on race? There are plenty of ways I could cuss anyone out without going there. Would you do that if you were in the heat of the moment with another white person in the same situation? Would you insult them based on their race or do you just call them an *** or some other kind of insult that has nothing to do with race?

If it were the black girl in this case insulting the white woman regarding her race then yes she would be racist. I always think it's funny when people try to defend that kind of behavior with a it's not equal argument lol..

Honestly... if you can't control a situation with multiple people to the point where you have to beat down a 14 y/o at your age then you're a bigger pussy than I thought.

Cue the Gwen Stefani song !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2015-06-12 09:32:14
Link | Citer | R

I'll go ahead and say it if no one else will.

Gwen can make all the catchy, shitty music she wants. I don't care. She's always gonna be 1995-98'ish Gwen to me. And that's nothing but good.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-12 09:32:24
Link | Citer | R

Gwen Stefani confirmed for racist.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-12 09:32:28
Link | Citer | R

I just needed an excuse to post a Gwen Stefani song !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-12 09:32:59
Link | Citer | R

Gwen can make all the catchy, shitty music she wants. I don't care. She's always gonna be 1995-98'ish Gwen to me. And that's nothing but good.

I do like No Doubt better but she is still good. Just not as good.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-12 09:33:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Gwen Stefani confirmed for racist.

Come on. Get your ***together.

It's clearly a Fiddler on the Roof cover, which makes her mockery of the original antisemitic, not racist.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-12 09:33:48
Link | Citer | R

I do like No Doubt better but she is still good. Just not as good.

What if I said I wasn't really talking about the music, as much as I liked early No Doubt?
By fonewear 2015-06-12 09:34:37
Link | Citer | R

I grew up on No Doubt and miss 90's music a lot. So I feel it on another level !
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-12 09:35:58
Link | Citer | R

Don't sing.
I know what you're thinking
and I don't need your reasons
don't sings this cause it hurts!

rip No Doubt.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-12 09:38:23
Link | Citer | R

Bernie Sanders: 'I’m proud to be Jewish'
By fonewear 2015-06-12 09:38:55
Link | Citer | R

A proud Jew five words I've never heard before !

Next thing you know they are going to say Jews are cheap !
By Ramyrez 2015-06-12 09:39:47
Link | Citer | R

I grew up on No Doubt and miss 90's music a lot. So I feel it on another level !

Again. I, too, fall into that demographic.

But still not my point.
By fonewear 2015-06-12 09:41:04
Link | Citer | R

Well damn just say it son ! I don't have time to interpret words !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 662 663 664 ... 1375 1376 1377