Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 655 656 657 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-10 17:26:40
Link | Citer | R

Chuck Norris: 'ISIS plan to smuggle nuclear bomb into US for 9/11 anniversary attack'

That's what I'm talkin' about. A conspiracy theory that sounds like the plot to a Chuck Norris movie... coming from Chuck Norris. Awwww yeah.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-10 17:27:34
Link | Citer | R

Trainers? TRAINERS?

No, the Iraqi army needs the kind of back up troops that the USSR used in WWII, or the great patriotic war as they call it.

If you are not familiar with the tactics they used, the back up troops stayed behind the action armed with machine guns. Anyone, from either side, that came their way were shot. Nazis, cowards, didn't matter.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 17:28:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Chuck Norris: 'ISIS plan to smuggle nuclear bomb into US for 9/11 anniversary attack'

That's what I'm talkin' about. A conspiracy theory that sounds like the plot to a Chuck Norris movie... coming from Chuck Norris. Awwww yeah.
Quote:
The 75-year-old, now a Christian evangelist, believes it is a show of strength and a bid to stop the world's deadliest Jihadist movement smuggling nuclear arms into the states to set it off around the anniversary of 9/11.

Wow I didn't know he was that old and a Christian evangelist.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-10 17:31:48
Link | Citer | R

I'm just saddened by the idea that there's at least one guy out there that's 75 and can still kick the crap out of me.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-06-10 17:36:27
Link | Citer | R

I'm just saddened by the idea that there's at least one guy out there that's 75 and can still kick the crap out of me.
I really thought I stepped into the wrong thread, and that maybe you were talking about Ballista.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 17:46:06
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

White House press secretary Josh Earnest flatly denied on Wednesday that President Barack Obama was carrying a pack of cigarettes in a recent photograph of him with Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi posted by the prime minister’s spokesman on Instagram.

The photo in question shows Renzi and Obama talking during the recent G-7 summit in Germany, and the president appears to be holding something in his right hand and reaching for something else with his left.

“There’s a lot of question about what this white thing is in his hand. Can you tell us — is the president, does he have a pack of cigarettes in his hand?” asked April Ryan, the White House correspondent for American Urban Radio Networks.

“He does not,” Earnest responded, seeking to quickly shift the briefing to other matters.

“I told you it’s not cigarettes. Let’s move on,” he said, following a brief back and forth.

Obama’s struggle to kick his smoking habit has been well documented. In 2011, first lady Michelle Obama said that her husband had quit puffing for good.

Obama was caught on a hot mic in 2013 telling a United Nations official that he hadn’t had a cigarette in “probably six years” because “I’m scared of my wife.”

More of the exchange at the White House briefing on Wednesday:

Ryan: “What was it?”

Earnest: “I don’t know, April, I wasn’t there, but …”

Ryan: “I understand, but I mean, did he tell you what it was?”

Earnest: “No … you may not be surprised to hear that I did not raise this issue with the president today.”

Ryan: “Well, the president, as you’ve acknowledged, he reads media reports, and it’s everywhere, this picture with him holding …”

Earnest: “I’m not sure that’s the way I’d describe it.”

Ryan: “It’s everywhere. Check it out. The size — I mean, I’m not a smoker, but the sizing looks like, I mean, so you’re saying …”
White House: Those aren't cigarettes in Obama's hand
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-10 17:50:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Obama was caught on a hot mic in 2013 telling a United Nations official that he hadn’t had a cigarette in “probably six years” because “I’m scared of my wife.”

Oh good, he really does have something in common with the average American.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-10 17:51:16
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Islamic State militants have seized a power plant west of the Libyan city of Sirte which supplies central and western parts of the country with electricity, the group and a military source said on Tuesday.

"The plant ... was taken," Islamic State said in a message on social media, adding that the capture of the plant meant that the militants had driven their enemies out of the entire city.

Forces loyal to the self-declared government that controls the capital Tripoli pulled out of the plant after Islamic State attacked it on Tuesday morning. Three soldiers were killed in the attack, the military source said.

Islamic State has exploited the general turmoil and security vacuum in Libya, where two governments are vying for power four years after the ousting of Muammar Gaddafi, to build up a presence in several cities.

The militants earlier this year captured most of Sirte, Gaddafi's home town, seizing the airport and driving a force loyal to the Tripoli government out to the city suburbs.

Since the start of the year militants in Libya loyal to Islamic State have claimed responsibility for killing dozens of Egyptian and Ethiopian Christians, as well attacks on Tripoli's luxury Corinthia hotel, embassies and oilfields.

Libya's internationally recognized government has been working out of the east of the country since losing control of Tripoli and western Libya in August.
Islamic State seizes power plant near Libyan city of Sirte

I think Howard Dean knows where ISIS will go next !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-10 17:57:18
Link | Citer | R

The circle of life is complete now !

By fonewear 2015-06-10 18:04:01
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

White House press secretary Josh Earnest flatly denied on Wednesday that President Barack Obama was carrying a pack of cigarettes in a recent photograph of him with Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi posted by the prime minister’s spokesman on Instagram.

The photo in question shows Renzi and Obama talking during the recent G-7 summit in Germany, and the president appears to be holding something in his right hand and reaching for something else with his left.

“There’s a lot of question about what this white thing is in his hand. Can you tell us — is the president, does he have a pack of cigarettes in his hand?” asked April Ryan, the White House correspondent for American Urban Radio Networks.

“He does not,” Earnest responded, seeking to quickly shift the briefing to other matters.

“I told you it’s not cigarettes. Let’s move on,” he said, following a brief back and forth.

Obama’s struggle to kick his smoking habit has been well documented. In 2011, first lady Michelle Obama said that her husband had quit puffing for good.

More of the exchange at the White House briefing on Wednesday:

Ryan: “What was it?”

Earnest: “I don’t know, April, I wasn’t there, but …”

Ryan: “I understand, but I mean, did he tell you what it was?”

Earnest: “No … you may not be surprised to hear that I did not raise this issue with the president today.”

Ryan: “Well, the president, as you’ve acknowledged, he reads media reports, and it’s everywhere, this picture with him holding …”

Earnest: “I’m not sure that’s the way I’d describe it.”

Ryan: “It’s everywhere. Check it out. The size — I mean, I’m not a smoker, but the sizing looks like, I mean, so you’re saying …”
White House: Those aren't cigarettes in Obama's hand

It is true they aren't cigarettes... they are the official cigarettes of the federal government ! With 25% more nicotine !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 18:22:52
Link | Citer | R

Federigettes?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-10 18:28:19
Link | Citer | R

If I had to live with Michelle I'd probably smoke a pack a day !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-10 18:31:27
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
I really thought I stepped into the wrong thread, and that maybe you were talking about Ballista.

We are getting to the ballista part soon as we finish up whatever topic page 656 is !
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-10 19:04:33
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »

We are getting to the ballista part soon as we finish up whatever topic page 656 is !
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-06-10 19:51:57
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Looks like IS conquered its first libyan city, Sirte.

Anyone here heard if the information gotten by the US elite troops a month ago had any impact already on the financial flow of IS?
Wow, really?!

To the News! I have to read about this now. First I heard of it, I think.
The German newspaper 'die Welt' says that Harwa (east of Sirte) has fallen shortly after Sirte.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 20:38:17
Link | Citer | R

So here it is, the movie my buddy went to Budapest, Hungary to be in. He plays a very small role, Technician #2 with only about 3-4 speaking lines. We have to wait until November to see if his part makes the final cut, but he already got a nice paycheck for doing his part.

He didn't meet Matt though. :/
http://dailynewshungary.com/matt-damon-smiles-in-budapest/
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 20:39:34
Link | Citer | R

Looks like IS conquered its first libyan city, Sirte.

Anyone here heard if the information gotten by the US elite troops a month ago had any impact already on the financial flow of IS?
Wow, really?!

To the News! I have to read about this now. First I heard of it, I think.
The German newspaper 'die Welt' says that Harwa (east of Sirte) has fallen shortly after Sirte.
Wow that's crazy.
I posted the article about IS gaining control of the power plant last page.

Saw this too:
Quote:
Al-Qaida-linked militants in eastern Libya declared holy war — or jihad — on the local Islamic State affiliate after one of their senior leaders was killed Wednesday by masked gunmen, which set off clashes between the rival groups that left 11 people dead on both sides, including a top militant commander.
Related Stories

The hours-long fighting in the eastern coastal city of Darna erupted after gunmen opened fire on Nasser Akr, an al-Qaida-inspired militant once held in the United Kingdom on terrorism charges. The 55-year-old veteran jihadi, who fought in Afghanistan, was killed along with his aide.

Akr's group — known as Shura Council of Darna's Jihadis — announced his death in a statement Wednesday, blaming it on Islamic State militants. It accused the IS fighters of "tyranny and criminality," and vowed to wage "holy war against them until none of them are left." It also called on residents to rise up against the extremist group.

The ensuing clashes killed at least nine IS militants and two from the Shura Council, including Salem Derbi, the commander of the so-called Abu Salem Brigade, which has history of enmity with the IS affiliate.

Meanwhile, in Berlin, the U.N. envoy to Libya urged the North African country's rival political groups to agree quickly to a power-sharing deal for their fractured nation, saying that time is running out for Libya.

"The time has come to make an agreement," said Bernardino Leon, the U.N. envoy leading talks aimed at stemming Libya's collapse into a failed state.
Al-Qaida-linked militants attack IS affiliate in Libya
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-10 21:25:59
Link | Citer | R

Al-Qaida vs. IS?

Is it bad that I really like the sound of that?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-10 21:46:22
Link | Citer | R

Al-Qaida vs. IS?

You could call that win-win, but I'd prefer nobody was shooting at each other so we could GTFO.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-10 22:01:24
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Al-Qaida vs. IS?

You could call that win-win, but I'd prefer nobody was shooting at each other so we could GTFO.

Maybe they just need an organized competition to see who gets to be the premier terrorist group without getting civilians killed in the process.

Announcing the Jihadist Olympics! Events include:
Bayonet Fencing!
Grenade Jai Alai!
Suicide Bombing!
Human Battleship! (Played with mortars)
Curling! (Because it's awesome)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-06-10 22:39:12
Link | Citer | R

Suicide Bombing!
Best Jihad Olympic sport ever!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-06-11 03:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Obama could have easily decided to not withdraw or keep a certain number of troops there (as was discussed), rather than trying to take credit for ending involvement in Iraq.
No, no he couldn't have. Not without violating their Sovereignty.

He can tell the troops what to do, doesn't mean it's legal under international law.

You know, kind of like how Putin is violating international law by annexing part of a Sovereign nation, and using force to do it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-11 03:29:10
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Obama could have easily decided to not withdraw or keep a certain number of troops there (as was discussed), rather than trying to take credit for ending involvement in Iraq.

He can tell the troops what to do, doesn't mean it's legal under international law.

You know, kind of like how Putin is violating international law by annexing part of a Sovereign nation, and using force to do it.
Unlike the 9,800 troops left in Afghanistan?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-06-11 03:45:58
Link | Citer | R

I'm not familiar with their agreement with the Afghanistan government. If they also agreed to withdraw, then they should have just the same.
By fonewear 2015-06-11 05:30:22
Link | Citer | R

Don't worry Obama is sending 450 troops to Iraq that will stop em !

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/additional-450-us-troops-iraq/story?id=31668735

When further question Obama said did you guys watch 300 ? Then he dropped the mic !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-11 05:41:13
Link | Citer | R

When further question Obama said did you guys watch 300 ? Then he dropped the mic !
While they fought bravely and courageously, they were ultimately defeated.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-11 05:42:14
Link | Citer | R

While they fought bravely and courageously, they were ultimately defeated.

Sounds like what will happen when we think 450 more troops is going to stop ISIS !

The only thing 300 taught me is that slow motion makes war looks cool. (but they did over use that technique) I didn't learn anything about ancient history !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-11 05:45:40
Link | Citer | R

We have a strategy here at the White House it's called: Let Hilliary deal with the mess I created.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-11 08:23:02
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Wow, back on Iraq again huh?

This is what normal Americans have been saying seemingly every 5 years or so for the past three decades.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-11 10:05:05
Link | Citer | R

And of COURSE Obama is powerless to hammer out an alternate agreement with the Iraqis and in no way prioritized political posturing over US interests in the middle east. (It's Bush's fault you know.)

Instead he'll just watch it degenerate and let the media spin the disaster he left over there into something more palatable.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 655 656 657 ... 1375 1376 1377