Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 647 648 649 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Enuyasha 2015-06-09 16:14:49
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
fonewear said: »
Calling in a bomb threat is the easiest way to get out of work or school that I can think of.

Getting out of it for 15-20, sure.
My college loopholes that with leaving the option at the hands of the instructors at the time of the incident.

But yea, claiming incompetence because of a bomb threat is a reach :<

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Are they not supposed to take a bomb threat seriously?

"Hey guys, it's just some teenager again. Nothing to see...*boom*

WHY DIDNT OBAMA PERSONALLY EVACUATE THE WEST WING???
Thats exactly how it would play on FOX :<

Did you see how hard they went after the mayor of Baltimore for a misplaced coma in her statement? And then after that when she like expresses "Thats not what i said"(You know every laymen knew she meant to say "Not what i meant" and knew exactly what she meant)?

That was like the most enraging thing i ever saw on FOX ever :<
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-09 16:39:12
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »
I don't watch TV.

If I did watch TV I wouldn't watch Fox.
By fonewear 2015-06-09 16:50:22
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I don't watch TV.

TV isn't so bad beats having to talk to people !
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-06-09 17:14:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
It is heteronormative. It's also sexist. Those aren't two mutually exclusive concepts.
They're not mutually exclusive concepts? So what?

What was sexist? Assuming that their daughter was going to still be female in a couple years?

Words have specific meanings. English has the largest lexicon on the planet exactly to accommodate that premise. Sexism is prejudice or discrimination based on the perceived gender (and sometimes actual sex) of a person. Assuming that a cis-gendered female is going to be heterosexual is not sexist. Sex and sexuality are not the same thing.

Would you please actually explain what was sexist rather than what was heteronormative? Or are you taking a playbook from Korpg and Nausi on this one and going to deflect until I get bored (too late, I already am)?
[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-06-09 17:21:07
Link | Citer | R

I don't watch TV.

To be fair, we purposefully watched FOX to make fun of their coverage, then watched other networks when we got tired of that to see the different coverage. They all pretty much jumped on the word play angle really quick, but FOX was the first to do it (Because their professional semantics players and loved to rip apart the statement on basis of excluded grammar to "What she said" instead of knowing "what she meant"). But anyway, old topic is old.
By Jetackuu 2015-06-09 17:24:16
Link | Citer | R

Specifically, EST, where the work gets done. Not PST, where the hippies roll out of bed at 11:00 and call it 8:00.
What about EDT?
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-10 06:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
It is heteronormative. It's also sexist. Those aren't two mutually exclusive concepts.
They're not mutually exclusive concepts? So what?

What was sexist? Assuming that their daughter was going to still be female in a couple years?

Words have specific meanings. English has the largest lexicon on the planet exactly to accommodate that premise. Sexism is prejudice or discrimination based on the perceived gender (and sometimes actual sex) of a person. Assuming that a cis-gendered female is going to be heterosexual is not sexist. Sex and sexuality are not the same thing.

Would you please actually explain what was sexist rather than what was heteronormative? Or are you taking a playbook from Korpg and Nausi on this one and going to deflect until I get bored (too late, I already am)?
Are gender stereotypes not sexist anymore?

I must have missed that memo.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-10 06:25:13
Link | Citer | R

I sent out a gender stereotype memo this morning you must have missed it !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-10 08:38:26
Link | Citer | R

In racism news:

http://www.salon.com/2015/06/10/americas_war_on_black_girls_why_mckinney_police_violence_isnt_about_one_bad_apple/

TLDR: ( I know you didn't read this) Here is a video of the incident

Cop takes a young black teen to the grass inherent racism obvious !

YouTube Video Placeholder

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-10 09:31:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Are gender stereotypes not sexist anymore?

I must have missed that memo.

you missed it while you were barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen making milamber a sandwich!!!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-10 09:33:39
Link | Citer | R

please spoiler those walls of text foney...

[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-10 09:36:22
Link | Citer | R

Done as a white man I'm outraged that black girls can't attend a pool party without a racist cop bringing them down !

I anxiously await people protesting in front of pools both public and private. Al Sharpton you have been put on notice. This harkens back to the days when blacks had to go to separate diners to eat. Are we heading towards white and black only pools. I think so !
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-10 09:45:06
Link | Citer | R

I liked it when he fell down....

supercop junior needs a good long sit in the time out corner...what an idiot. I'm glad nobody was seriously injured when he tried to arrest a hundred teenagers all by himself
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-10 09:45:24
Link | Citer | R

This all could have been avoided with a simple sign near the pool:

Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-10 09:45:32
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »

No, what was sexist was assuming that what is important to her now would become secondary to hormonal urges. It may be typical for girls to be interested in boys, but it is sexist to assume that interest will trump everything else.
By fonewear 2015-06-10 09:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

supercop junior needs a good long sit in the time out corner...what an idiot. I'm glad nobody was seriously injured when he tried to arrest a hundred teenagers all by himself

The little ninja roll at the beginning let you know this cop doesn't *** around he is hardcore about enforcing pool protocols !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-10 09:49:52
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2015-06-10 09:53:21
Link | Citer | R

I think he tripped but I like to think he did that on purpose.

Rumor has it he drank 10 five hour energy drinks before responding to the call !
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-10 09:55:15
Link | Citer | R

The little ninja roll at the beginning let you know this cop doesn't *** around he is hardcore about enforcing pool protocols !

and that he probably drank a "big gulp" full of mountain dew to wash down a handful of amphetamines that morning...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-10 10:00:07
Link | Citer | R

I think in general the type of person that wants to be a cop attracts a lot of jerk ***. Or they become jerks from being a cop.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-10 10:03:23
Link | Citer | R

I think in general the type of person that wants to be a cop attracts a lot of jerk ***. Or they become jerks from being a cop.

Yeah. And a lot of them are former military folks who went from high school football to military to civ life and got their civil service law enforcement jobs thanks to boosted test scores and veteran's preference with civil service comissions.

There are a lot of great cops out there, and they deserve credit, and you will never hear me say otherwise about the profession as a whole. And to be honest, many times those people are the best for the positions with their backgrounds. BUT...law enforcement positions are sort of uniquely tailored to letting a bunch of meatheads into the ranks and there's really no way to prevent that. And sometimes those meatheads are still holding onto that popular high school bully mentality.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-10 10:07:22
Link | Citer | R

I don't watch TV.

I use video games for that.

No commercials, just product placement.
By fonewear 2015-06-10 10:11:11
Link | Citer | R

I don't watch TV.

I use video games for that.

No commercials, just product placement.

I like to have the background noise of a TV while I'm reading on the computer. So I don't really get bothered by commercials.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-10 10:11:52
Link | Citer | R

In case anyone is wondering that cop has resigned. Rumor has it he is heading to Ferguson to work !
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-10 10:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Or they become jerks from being a cop.

I tell you what, watch out for the short ones.
every one of them has a napoleon complex and a chip the size of a redwood tree on both shoulders...
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-10 10:48:26
Link | Citer | R

Or they become jerks from being a cop.

I tell you what, watch out for the short ones.
every one of them has a napoleon complex and a chip the size of a redwood tree on both shoulders...

I've found young and or short police officers are the ones that have something to prove, and the short ones have been much more hostile if I'm standing than if I'm sitting. I guess you could make a case for the intimidation factor of adding a large size difference to the already dangerous situation of making contact with a "suspect", but if you are that distrustful of tall people, maybe just don't harass them for being in a public area?
 Siren.Fattynoob
Serveur: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-06-10 11:05:19
Link | Citer | R

Hillary already admitted it was a failure in leadership. Feel free to watch the congressional hearings with Rand Paul, they are on Youtube.

Much like when the Clintons wasted millions of taxpayers dollars defending Bill's sexcapades, it is Hillary dragging this on and costing more money.

People want, and deserve to know why the reason for the attack was lied about when there is factual evidence they knew differently. If it was a republican you would be foaming at the mouth.

***happens, can't protect everyone, everywhere, all the time, but 3 key unanswered questions remain in this situation. That people who don't just take whatever their television tells them wonder.

1. Why the lies about why the attack took place and blaming a video when they knew differently?
2. Why was it not classified as a embassy in a war-zone so it could have proper security?
3. Were they using the Libyan embassy to arm Syrian rebels and is this why they were attacked?

Sidney Blumenthal was denied working in Hillary's state department. So she privately employed him anyway. Just because criminals know how to bend the rules doesn't mean it isn't unlawful. Like the HRC errors now, professional lawyers will find and flaw or loop and exploit it. Hello Casey Anthony.
 Siren.Fattynoob
Serveur: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-06-10 11:11:58
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Fattynoob said: »
Speaking of feminism, I wonder why they haven't protested about not having to register for the selective service at 18. Equality and all.

Cause fighting for your freedoms that's a man's job ! When the going gets tough women get a man to do it !

*** please. I know female marines that could kick your *** while you're busy daydreaming about them.

I'm not sure your point other than a possible straw man tactic? I never said women wouldn't serve. I said they aren't forced to register like men are. And if they want equality they should want total equality. Can't pick and choose like bible thumpers and expect to be taken seriously.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-10 11:13:06
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Fattynoob said: »
I'm not sure your point other than a possible straw man tactic?

I was taking a specific dig at Fone about his intentionally-adopted misogynist persona for the sake of satire.

Simmer down.

Edit: however, if you want to get specific.

Quote:
Can't pick and choose like bible thumpers and expect to be taken seriously.

Tell the MRAs that. They're amazingly good at picking and choosing specific things to *** about while ignoring others.

Hey, it's almost like MRAs are just radical feminists with penesia, and being a radical douchebag about anything is shitty.

And if you're actually concerned about equality, maybe consider that the draft shouldn't be mandatory for anyone rather than demanding women be (potentially) forced to serve as well.

And I bet -- in fact -- you'll find a lot of support among equal rights advocates both male and female to support the notion that the draft itself should go.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-10 11:13:36
Link | Citer | R

You kidding feminism is built on a foundation of picking and choosing battles that only effect women !

As a feminist I find this all very very offensive ! And sexist too !
First Page 2 3 ... 647 648 649 ... 1375 1376 1377