Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 305 306 307 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Altimaomega 2015-02-20 02:58:36
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
When I was job searching some time ago, 75% of ads wanted women only, with picture instead of curriculum and "availability". One guy right out told me I had to have sex with him to get the job(and then keep it). Wasn't even a good job.

You should stay away from back-room-casting sites...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-20 05:17:52
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Did you take the job?
No. And skipped all those that required those special availability.

Altimaomega said: »
You should stay away from back-room-casting sites...
If it was that one I would have laughed about it at least(and be amazed cause I always assumed it was staged).
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-02-20 08:33:44
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
A draft of a German position paper prepared for a meeting of euro zone officials in Brussels has been leaked which includes reasons for the rejection.

Trojan Horse position paper - Reuters

Quote:
"The Greek letter is not clear at all, but opens immense room for interpretation. To mention the three most important points: It includes no clear commitment to successfully conclude the current programme and its falls short of a clear freeze of Greek measures. It is totally unclear how the Greek government wants to pay its bills over the coming weeks with the current shortfall in tax receipts.

This is why the letter is not in line with the last Eurogroup position. It rather represents a Trojan horse, intending to get bridge financing and in substance putting an end to the current programme. On this basis it makes no sense to start drafting a Eurogroup statement on Friday. We should aim at three things now:

First, the three institutions should carefully examine the Greek current fiscal position in relation to the letter and give us their advice, as agreed in the last Eurogroup, whether on the basis of the Greek letter a successful conclusion of the current programme would be possible, with a sufficient primary surplus and debt sustainability to be assured.

Second, we need a clear and convincing commitment by Greece, which may just contain three short and well understandable sentences: "We apply for the extension of the current programme, making use of built-in flexibility. We will agree with the institutions any changes in measures from the existing MoU. And we aim at successfully concluding the programme".

Third, Greece has to publicly confirm that it will refrain from unilateral national measures to roll back the current programme. The authorities will, with immediate effect, not take any initiative or implement any measure or policy which is inconsistent with existing commitments under the current programme or aggravate the fiscal situation. This includes refraining from announced labour market and social reforms to be voted in Parliament this week.

The 10.9 billion euros earmarked for banking recapitalisation should not be prolonged since the Greek banks have successfully passed the stress test last year."

I'm chomping at the bit to see a leaked outline of the proposal or the actual proposal submitted to the European Central Bank and Jaeger. Tsipras's party's promises seemed lofty from the get-go even with an extension. They may have put their own backs against the wall.

I still wonder if Greece will be exiting the Euro-Zone.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-20 08:58:57
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile, ISIS has been threatening Italy for a few days now. Yay.

With the hundreds of immigrants that reach our shores on a daily basis from Africa it's actually extremely easy that some of them will sneak on those boats and come join us. Expect an attack on Italy soon, I'm not joking.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-02-20 09:04:02
Link | Citer | R

God help us if ISIS ever gains access to nuclear warheads.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-20 09:24:14
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
A draft of a German position paper prepared for a meeting of euro zone officials in Brussels has been leaked which includes reasons for the rejection.

Trojan Horse position paper - Reuters

Quote:
"The Greek letter is not clear at all, but opens immense room for interpretation. To mention the three most important points: It includes no clear commitment to successfully conclude the current programme and its falls short of a clear freeze of Greek measures. It is totally unclear how the Greek government wants to pay its bills over the coming weeks with the current shortfall in tax receipts.

This is why the letter is not in line with the last Eurogroup position. It rather represents a Trojan horse, intending to get bridge financing and in substance putting an end to the current programme. On this basis it makes no sense to start drafting a Eurogroup statement on Friday. We should aim at three things now:

First, the three institutions should carefully examine the Greek current fiscal position in relation to the letter and give us their advice, as agreed in the last Eurogroup, whether on the basis of the Greek letter a successful conclusion of the current programme would be possible, with a sufficient primary surplus and debt sustainability to be assured.

Second, we need a clear and convincing commitment by Greece, which may just contain three short and well understandable sentences: "We apply for the extension of the current programme, making use of built-in flexibility. We will agree with the institutions any changes in measures from the existing MoU. And we aim at successfully concluding the programme".

Third, Greece has to publicly confirm that it will refrain from unilateral national measures to roll back the current programme. The authorities will, with immediate effect, not take any initiative or implement any measure or policy which is inconsistent with existing commitments under the current programme or aggravate the fiscal situation. This includes refraining from announced labour market and social reforms to be voted in Parliament this week.

The 10.9 billion euros earmarked for banking recapitalisation should not be prolonged since the Greek banks have successfully passed the stress test last year."

I'm chomping at the bit to see a leaked outline of the proposal or the actual proposal submitted to the European Central Bank and Jaeger. Tsipras's party's promises seemed lofty from the get-go even with an extension. They may have put their own backs against the wall.

I still wonder if Greece will be exiting the Euro-Zone.
I highly doubt that Germany will accept anything from Greece anymore, they have used up all of the "good faith" one can have in borrowing money over and over again...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-20 09:49:26
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
God help us if ISIS ever gains access to nuclear warheads.

Access to FFXIAH !

ISIS is going to be a big issue in 2016 and 2017 etc. I don't see this going away anytime soon.
 Bismarck.Leneth
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-02-20 12:08:43
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile, ISIS has been threatening Italy for a few days now. Yay.

With the hundreds of immigrants that reach our shores on a daily basis from Africa it's actually extremely easy that some of them will sneak on those boats and come join us. Expect an attack on Italy soon, I'm not joking.
Aren't those immigrants put in camps(jails) immmediately?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-20 12:14:59
Link | Citer | R

Nope. They try to put them in shelter centres and stuff. And it's a problem cause so many arrive every day and we got neither space or resources for them. But then they just scatter across Italy in a day or two cause there are people whose job(illegal)is to ship them clandestinely with trucks in other regions, or even other EU countries.
 Bismarck.Leneth
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-02-20 12:40:04
Link | Citer | R

Why are there direct threats against Italy anyway? I must have missed the events which lead to single Italy out as target of hatred.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-20 12:53:21
Link | Citer | R

I must have missed the events which lead to single Italy out as target of hatred.

Cause, you know, people are still pissed off about him....
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-20 13:08:42
Link | Citer | R

Why are there direct threats against Italy anyway? I must have missed the events which lead to single Italy out as target of hatred.

It probably has something to do with that Italian guy that's trying to wipe out the world's turtle population.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-20 13:14:35
Link | Citer | R

Yet another prime example of government efficiency

(Disclaimer: What you are about to read will make you wonder why we give so much power to the federal government. Obama apologists and pro-big-government readers should not read the following article)

Quote:
About 800,000 people received tax forms with incorrect information about their Obamacare coverage, officials from the Health and Human Services Department said Friday.

The errors occurred on a new form that helps Obamacare enrollees figure out whether they qualify for a subsidy that would pay all or part of their premiums, and how big that subsidy should be. Information used to calculate those subsidies was wrong on about 20 percent of tax forms, HHS officials said. The errors would cause some taxpayers to claim too large a subsidy and others to claim less than they’re actually eligible for.

Andy Slavitt, principal deputy administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, said the agency is already notifying taxpayers of the mistake and will be sending out revised forms. The “vast majority” of Obamacare enrollees haven’t filed their taxes yet, and can simply use the new, corrected information when they do, Slavitt said. But, of the 800,000 people who received inaccurate forms, about 50,000 have already filed their taxes, Slavitt said.

The IRS is figuring out how to handle those returns. Obamacare’s subsidies are tied to the cost of “benchmark” plan in each region. But these 800,000 tax forms list the wrong premium for those plans. Slavitt said HHS is still investigating how the error occurred.

The 800,000 errors affected people who live in the 37 states using HealthCare.gov for enrollment. State-run exchanges send out their own tax forms—and those documents were error-prone, as well. California’s exchange reportedly mailed 100,000 incorrect tax forms to its Obamacare enrollees.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-20 13:17:11
Link | Citer | R

The World will only snap out of it's political correctness coma after it is too late. Europe is to preoccupied with driving the Jews out that they are missing the Islamic threat.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-02-20 13:20:32
Link | Citer | R

I'm guessing something to do with this:

dailymail.co.uk said:
ISIS threatens to send 500,000 migrants to Europe as a 'psychological weapon' in chilling echo of Gaddafi's prophecy that the Mediterranean 'will become a sea of chaos' (yes, the headline really is that long)

ISIS has threatened to flood Europe with half a million migrants from Libya in a 'psychological' attack against the West, it was claimed today.

Transcripts of telephone intercepts published in Italy claim to provide evidence that ISIS is threatening to send 500,000 migrants simultaneously out to sea in hundreds of boats in a 'psychological weapon' against Europe if there is military intervention against them in Libya.

Many would be at risk of drowning with rescue services unable to cope. But authorities fear that if numbers on this scale arrived, European cities could witness riots.

Separately, the militants hope to cement their control of Libya then cross the Mediterranean disguised as refugees, according to letters seen by Quilliam the anti-terror group, reported by the Telegraph.

Italian Minister for the Interior Angelino Alfano said on Monday that Libya was the 'absolute priority' and insisted there was 'not a minute to lose' for the international community.

He said: 'If the militias of the Caliphate advance faster than the decisions of the international community how can we put out the fire in Libya and stem the migration flows? We are at risk of an exodus without precedent.'

More than 170,000 migrants arrived in Italy by boat last year. Since last Friday almost 4,000 have been rescued.

The spread of militancy across Libya was predicted by the country's deceased leader Muammar Gaddafi, who warned the Mediterranean would become 'a sea of chaos'.

ISIS had not yet made frightening inroads into Libya when he made this chilling prophecy during his last interview in March 2011.

But the Arab Spring uprising that year sparked a civil war in Libya and opposition forces - backed by NATO - deposed Gaddafi in violent coup just five months after his ominous prediction.

In October 2011, forces loyal to the country's transitional government found the ousted leader hiding in a culvert in Sirte and killed him.

Four years later, Islamic State kidnapped 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians in Sirte - Gaddafi's birthplace - before releasing gruesome footage of their beheading on the shores of the Mediterranean, just 220 miles south of Italy. In it the terrorists warned that they 'will conquer Rome'.

In response, Italian security chiefs have approved plans to put 4,800 soldiers on the country's streets to help prevent terrorist attacks.

The statement from the Interior Ministry said they would guard 'sensitive sites' until at least June and reports claim 500 will be deployed in Rome - where soldiers are already guarding diplomatic residences, synagogues and Jewish schools.

The troops are also expected to be deployed at tourist venues such as archaeological sites and monuments.

A treaty between Gaddafi and the Italian premier provided for joint boat patrols which curtailed the departure of migrant boats from Libya.

But, as the Libyan despot predicted back in 2011, if the Gaddafis were brought down, Islamists would exploit the power vacuum.

Still holding court in a Bedoin tent while holed up in the fortified citadel of Bab Al Azizya, Gaddafi warned: 'If, instead of a stable government that guarantees security, these militias linked to Bin Laden take control, the Africans will move en mass towards Europe.'

He added: 'The Mediterranean will become a sea of chaos.'

That very sea ran red with blood when Islamic State brutally executed 21 Egyptian Christians on its shores.

The accompanying video, released on Sunday, showed the men dressed in orange jumpsuits and shackled - kneeling in the sand before the militants slit their throats and watched them bleed to death.

Egypt retaliated furiously by launching coordinated airstrikes on ISIS targets in Libya.

The European powers were putting their own security at risk by helping the rebels, Gaddafi pointed out.

He told Il Giornale, the Italian newspaper owned by his former friend Silvio Berlusconi he was saddened by the attitude of his friend. They no longer spoke.

'I am shocked at the attitude of my European friends. They have endangered and damaged a series of great security treaties in their own interest.'

Without his harsh, but effective, regime, the entire North African Mahgreb 'would become another Gaza,' he claimed.

The telephone transcripts, seen by Il Messaggero newspaper claimed to provide evidence 'that IS will use the migrants as a "psychological weapon" against countries that say they want to intervene in Libya, in particular, against Italy.'

'As soon as our country mentioned armed intervention on Libya the jihadists suggested they let drift, bound for Italy, hundreds of boats full of migrants. The figure discussed is five hundred thousand, most of the 700,000 that are on the coast waiting to board,' the newspaper reported.

Following the dire threat Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi immediately backtracked from his government's previous rhetoric saying that 'it was not the time for military intervention'.

Foreign Minister Paolo Gentiloni said this morning that Italy does not want to embark on 'adventures, never mind Crusades' in Libya.

But former President Giorgio Napolitano said that the 'biggest error' in the post-Gaddafi's period was the European Unions 'lack of involvement' in the country.

Meanwhile following direct threats on Rome, the commander of Vatican City's 110-man Swiss Guard said his forces are ready to defend Pope Francis if ISIS attempt a strike.

Note - I chose not to include the 50 million pictures that were posted with the source article.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-20 13:28:50
Link | Citer | R

Man, those ISIS leaders really do love their unnecessary drama. I'm going to start calling them "The Kardashians of the Middle East".
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-20 13:35:46
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Man, those ISIS leaders really do love their unnecessary drama. I'm going to start calling them "The Kardashians of the Middle East".

If you stop paying attention to them (kardashians) they will go away...
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-20 13:38:20
Link | Citer | R

In unrelated news, single men can now be seen buying large quantities of Nutella and kittens.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-20 13:39:06
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-20 13:42:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
(Disclaimer: What you are about to read will make you wonder why we give so much power to the federal government. Obama apologists and pro-big-government readers should not read the following article)
I'm not sure how this disclaimer relates to a bureaucratic screw-up. If a major investment firm like Morgan Stanley managed to botch a calculation in the spreadsheet that generated a form letter and sent out bad data to its customers followed with a quick warning that the information was wrong and they'd get it corrected, would you use that as a way to crucify major financial institutions?

Please don't leap to your automatic "You're just defending blah-blah-blah" response, either. Whether I think government should be smaller or Obama is doing a good job is not terribly relevant. It was a screw-up, they caught it, they're fixing it. The government could be run by half as many people and this could easily happen.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-20 13:50:01
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
If a major investment firm like Morgan Stanley managed to botch a calculation in the spreadsheet that generated a form letter and sent out bad data to its customers followed with a quick warning that the information was wrong and they'd get it corrected, would you use that as a way to crucify major financial institutions?
Elaborate. I have not heard of a botched calculation at all. Those are very rare as investment firms like Morgan Stanley have several redundant checks to prevent that from happening.

Please don't leap to your automatic "You're just defending blah-blah-blah" response, either.
I generally don't use that until after 3 reiterations of the same thing by you (or somebody else)

Whether I think government should be smaller or Obama is doing a good job is not terribly relevant. It was a screw-up, they caught it, they're fixing it.
Except that too many people who are pro-big-government are touting how effective and great a bigger government is.

BTW, this isn't their first major screw up this year. Heck, this isn't even their first major screw up this week.

The government could be run by half as many people and this could easily happen.
That's the problem, isn't it? Instead of getting quality people in public sector jobs, they go after the most unqualified and least proficient people they can, for "fairness."

People actually qualified for the job of running the federal government are shunned because they are "too <insert stereotype>"
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-20 13:59:21
Link | Citer | R

They just reached Libya, which is right in front of us, so it's gonna be very easy for them to either come(or to nuke us if they get hands on that stuff). They keep claiming they want to reach Rome, probably for the Vatican. And of course, like I said before Italy is the best gateway for accessing Europe.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-20 14:02:23
Link | Citer | R

They just reached Libya, which is right in front of us, so it's gonna be very easy for them to either come(or to nuke us if they get hands on that stuff). They keep claiming they want to reach Rome, probably for the Vatican. And of course, like I said before Italy is the best gateway for accessing Europe.
Don't worry Seha, if ISIS ever attacks Italy, you can guarantee that we will just watch.

You got to wait until 2017 before any backup happens, and even then, it's a coin toss.
By fonewear 2015-02-20 14:02:31
Link | Citer | R

Hide your kids hide your wife they going find you ! ISIS snatching you up to rape you !
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-20 14:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like a whole lot of talk to me. The only reason the major world powers haven't destroyed ISIS yet is because they haven't done anything quite stupid enough. Attacking the Vatican would bring a crap-ton of nations into the conflict that otherwise don't care what ISIS does.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-20 14:39:30
Link | Citer | R

This is the end time me brothers the Quran spoke of this !
By fonewear 2015-02-20 14:44:30
Link | Citer | R

Minor signs of the Apocalypse according to Muslims:

The appearance of fitnah (tribulations) and removal of khushoo' (fearfulness of God, taqwah, reverence, etc.)[23]
Loss of honesty, and authority is given to those who do not deserve it.[24]
The taking away of knowledge and the prevalence of religious ignorance.[25]
Frequent occurrences of sudden and unexpected death.[26]
Spreading of killing.[27]
Acceleration of time.[28]
Rejection of Sunnah (Hadith).[29]
The spread of riba (usury, interest), the spread of zina (adultery, fornication), drinking of alcohol.[30]
The widespread and condoning of music.[31]
The decoration of mosques as a matter of pride and competition.[32]
Women will increase in number and men will decrease in number so much so that fifty women will be looked after by one man.[33]
Abundance of earthquakes.[34]
Frequent occurrences of disgrace, distortion, and defamation.[35]
When people wish to die because of the severe trials and tribulations that they are suffering.[36]
Jews fighting Muslims.[37]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-20 14:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
That's the problem, isn't it? Instead of getting quality people in public sector jobs, they go after the most unqualified and least proficient people they can, for "fairness."

People actually qualified for the job of running the federal government are shunned because they are "too <insert stereotype>"
With a claim like that, I'm sure you can provide a citation.

From my own limited experience, the only government employees who have ever struck me as incompetent, unqualified, and highly deserving of a punch in the face are some (but not all) of the people working in the BMV. It shocks me how completely lacking in basic social mores these people are, and that's saying a lot coming from someone who holds social mores in moderate contempt. Otherwise, every postal employee I've met, every welfare employee, every official at polling places, has seemed competent and capable. Are cops technically government employees? I've met a few of those who seemed incompetent, I guess.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-20 14:48:02
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
[32] Women will increase in number and men will decrease in number so much so that fifty women will be looked after by one man.

I knew Hugh Hefner would have something to do with the end of the world!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 305 306 307 ... 1375 1376 1377