Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 299 300 301 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-02-19 08:49:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Money should be taken out of elections.
So, how else are people supposed to get informed opinions on the candidates again? By your opinion, they should go back to the old way where people are told who to vote for by interested individuals, instead of having the candidate's message go straight to the voter. Isn't that counterproductive to your argument?

They could always post classifieds on Craigslist.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 08:51:44
Link | Citer | R

Last time I posted an ad on craiglist I ended up waking up in a dumpster !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-19 08:54:36
Link | Citer | R

Oh, obligatory:

THREE HUNDRED PAGES!!!!!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-19 08:55:09
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-19 08:59:28
Link | Citer | R

Oh, obligatory: THREE HUNDRED PAGES!!!!!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 09:02:08
Link | Citer | R

300 pages should we rehash global warming or feminism ?

ISIS doesn't seem to be an issue cause you know first world problems.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-19 09:03:55
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
300 pages should we rehash global warming or feminism ?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 09:05:28
Link | Citer | R

Hard hitting news from MSNBC:

TLDR

They actually use semantics just like us at P and R

Global warming bad

Climate change good

Can I go now ?

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/17/bill-nye-tells-msnbc-to-say-climate-change-not-global-warming-when-its-cold-out/
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-19 09:05:30
Link | Citer | R

Feminist warming thread? I'm intrigued.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 09:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I don't think feminist are capable of being "warm"
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-19 09:10:11
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I don't think feminist are capable of being "warm"
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 09:10:53
Link | Citer | R

Upon further inspection these are loafers !

Up and atom !

Up and add them !

Up and atom !

Up and add them!

*sigh*

Better
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-19 09:14:02
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
So, how else are people supposed to get informed opinions on the candidates again? By your opinion, they should go back to the old way where people are told who to vote for by interested individuals, instead of having the candidate's message go straight to the voter. Isn't that counterproductive to your argument?

A lot of countries require TV channels to use some of their advertising time for political candidates. It could easily fall under the current time required for PSA's. Public financing of campaigns is also not a bad idea, everyone get's a certain amount of advertising time free, a certain amount of cash for expenses and minimal travel as long as they can get enough signatures to run and maintain a high enough percentage in primaries. You could remove private donations entirely from campaign finance and put everyone on an equal standing. Candidates would no longer have to pander to rich donors, could no longer simply out-spend the competition, and would be rewarded for finding inexpensive ways to reach a large audience.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 09:15:23
Link | Citer | R

Remember Obama they aren't terrorists they are disgruntled postal workers.
 Bismarck.Leneth
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-02-19 09:32:13
Link | Citer | R

German finance ministry rejects Greek proposal as insufficient - Reuters
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 09:35:32
Link | Citer | R

Obama is speaking listen and you too shall be healed !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 09:36:44
Link | Citer | R

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/02/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Extremely long article but worth reading.
By fonewear 2015-02-19 09:50:04
Link | Citer | R

Obama giving a long hippie speech. Basically saying "why can't we just get along"
By fonewear 2015-02-19 09:56:47
Link | Citer | R

I found male birth control: On the left

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-19 10:14:28
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

A lot of countries require TV channels to use some of their advertising time for political candidates. It could easily fall under the current time required for PSA's. Public financing of campaigns is also not a bad idea, everyone get's a certain amount of advertising time free, a certain amount of cash for expenses and minimal travel as long as they can get enough signatures to run and maintain a high enough percentage in primaries. You could remove private donations entirely from campaign finance and put everyone on an equal standing. Candidates would no longer have to pander to rich donors, could no longer simply out-spend the competition, and would be rewarded for finding inexpensive ways to reach a large audience.
The problem with that is, the money for the elections would come out of the General Fund of the federal government, since nobody (that I know of) actually donates to the Presidential Campaign Fund you find on page 1 of your 1040.

So, we either remove all ability for private donors to donate but have the federal government give the money to the candidates from the General Fund (and like every governmental agency, will not only be ineffective and inefficient, but also be highly susceptible to fraud) or we keep to the current system.

Pick your poison, it's still going to kill you regardless.
By fonewear 2015-02-19 10:21:20
Link | Citer | R

Actually Lena doesn't look too bad with makeup her body just doesn't appeal to me.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-19 11:08:24
Link | Citer | R

The problem with that is, the money for the elections would come out of the General Fund of the federal government, since nobody (that I know of) actually donates to the Presidential Campaign Fund you find on page 1 of your 1040.

So, we either remove all ability for private donors to donate but have the federal government give the money to the candidates from the General Fund (and like every governmental agency, will not only be ineffective and inefficient, but also be highly susceptible to fraud) or we keep to the current system.

Pick your poison, it's still going to kill you regardless.

Getting private money out of politics is never a bad thing, individuals should not have the ability to simply buy an election. Let it come out of the general fund, a couple hundred million a year is peanuts compared to the nearly one trillion we spend on defense. If you need assurance, make it an oversight situation and allow non-profits to administrate the fund, and if you need a sacrificial lamb, I'd offer up the NEA for it and another billion in funding to NASA.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-19 11:13:54
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani says he believes President Barack Obama does not love the United States — or the people in it.

“I do not believe, and I know this is a horrible thing to say, but I do not believe that the president loves America,” Giuliani said Wednesday during a private group dinner in Manhattan, Politico reports. “He doesn’t love you. And he doesn’t love me. He wasn’t brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up through love of this country.”

The event was attended by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, a Republican, and “60 right-leaning business executives and conservative media types,” according to Politico.

The former mayor failed in his bid for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination. Walker is currently considering his own run for the White House.

“With all our flaws, we’re the most exceptional country in the world,” Giuliani said. “I’m looking for a presidential candidate who can express that, do that and carry it out.

“And if it’s you, Scott, I’ll endorse you,” he added. “And if it’s somebody else, I’ll support somebody else.”

Earlier this week, Walker lashed out at Obama while dismissing criticism that he dropped out of college.

“That’s the kind of elitist, government-knows-best, top-down approach we’ve had for years,” Walker told Fox News’ Megyn Kelly Tuesday. “We’ve had an Ivy-trained lawyer in the White House for six years who’s pretty good at reading off the TelePrompTer but has done a pretty lousy job leading this country.”

On “Fox & Friends” Thursday, Giuliani clarified his criticism of Obama but did not walk back his dinner comments.

“Well, first of all, I’m not questioning his patriotism. He’s a patriot, I’m sure,” Giuliani said. “What I’m saying is, in his rhetoric I very rarely hear the things that I used to hear Ronald Reagan say, the things that I used to hear Bill Clinton say about how much he loves America. ... I do hear him criticize America much more often than other American presidents. And when it’s not in the context of an overwhelming number of statements about the exceptionalism of America, it sounds like he’s more of a critic than he is a supporter.”
Rudy Giuliani: President Obama doesn’t love America
By fonewear 2015-02-19 11:15:28
Link | Citer | R

Obama doesn't love me but Hillary does !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-19 11:19:51
Link | Citer | R

individuals should not have the ability to simply buy an election
Only people who make that excuse is when the guy you voted for lost and you have to justify why they lost.

Nobody bought an election in the United States, people just use that excuse to justify the fact that the better person for the job won that election (in most cases). If you have a problem with the candidate, you attack them at their viewpoints, not on how much they are worth.

Let it come out of the general fund, a couple hundred million a year is peanuts compared to the nearly one trillion we spend on defense.
A) Do you think that the money we spend on the Defense budget is worthless? Do you think part of it is worthless? How much would you see is reasonable for the Defense Budget, and how would you get to that amount? Where would you take the money away from the Defense Budget and why do you think it is reasonable to do so?

B) Do you honestly think it's going to be just a couple hundred million a year? It's going to be a whole lot more per candidate and you are going to have more than 2 candidates to support. Last I checked there's a couple of hundred "potential" candidates. If we use the amounts that Romney and Obama used in 2014, that's about 1 billion dollars each. Now we are looking at $200 billion dollars from the General Fund. Or 1/5 of the Defense Budget.

How much of that money is going to be accountable? Fraud is going to run rampant in a public funded campaign fund system.....

So, no, I highly disagree with you that getting private money out of politics is a good thing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-02-19 11:30:52
Link | Citer | R

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/20/world/europe/after-attacks-denmark-hesitates-to-blame-islam.html
Spoilered for those who hit the paywall.

And at the same time:
http://www.justitsministeriet.dk/sites/default/files/media/Pressemeddelelser/pdf/2015/Et%20st%C3%A6rkt%20v%C3%A6rn%20mod%20terror.pdf
Quote:
PET is Politiets Efterretningstjenestes, or the Danish Security and Intelligence Service.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-19 11:32:01
Link | Citer | R

If you have a problem with the candidate, you attack them at their viewpoints, not on how much they are worth.

This. So much this. There were a lot of legitimate concerns with Romney, but attacking him because he was privately wealthy and successful was idiotic and has to be one of the stupidest reasons to not vote for somebody.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 11:33:52
Link | Citer | R

If you have a problem with the candidate, you attack them at their viewpoints, not on how much they are worth.

This. So much this. There were a lot of legitimate concerns with Romney, but attacking him because he was privately wealthy and successful was idiotic and has to be one of the stupidest reasons to not vote for somebody.

Sorta like voting for Obama cause you are black !
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-02-19 11:39:38
Link | Citer | R

individuals should not have the ability to simply buy an election
Only people who make that excuse is when the guy you voted for lost and you have to justify why they lost.

Nobody bought an election in the United States, people just use that excuse to justify the fact that the better person for the job won that election (in most cases). If you have a problem with the candidate, you attack them at their viewpoints, not on how much they are worth.

Let it come out of the general fund, a couple hundred million a year is peanuts compared to the nearly one trillion we spend on defense.
A) Do you think that the money we spend on the Defense budget is worthless? Do you think part of it is worthless? How much would you see is reasonable for the Defense Budget, and how would you get to that amount? Where would you take the money away from the Defense Budget and why do you think it is reasonable to do so?

B) Do you honestly think it's going to be just a couple hundred million a year? It's going to be a whole lot more per candidate and you are going to have more than 2 candidates to support. Last I checked there's a couple of hundred "potential" candidates. If we use the amounts that Romney and Obama used in 2014, that's about 1 billion dollars each. Now we are looking at $200 billion dollars from the General Fund. Or 1/5 of the Defense Budget.

How much of that money is going to be accountable? Fraud is going to run rampant in a public funded campaign fund system.....

So, no, I highly disagree with you that getting private money out of politics is a good thing.
It should be fairly straightforward to run an analysis for relative campaign funding against success rates, if the funding information for the campaigns is available.

Regarding funding/fraud, place your thresholds for participation, with progressive/tiered runoffs. If you need to
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-19 11:51:18
Link | Citer | R

"Greece is smart, but not putting enough effort. Come back next semester."
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 299 300 301 ... 1375 1376 1377