Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 178 179 180 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-12-30 10:47:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Not a single scientist on the list.

Yet the leader of a global cult is number two among men, number four overall.

Yeah, our country is really enlightened.
Stephen Hawking would count, but that seems to be the only one.

Bah. I managed to miss him. I'm a twit.

Still. 1% to Sarah Palin's 2%.

Still not a good sign.

Edit: Also, I do have to wonder how much takeaway he gets as a pity vote as he's a famous disabled figure in our country.
It just goes to show by this list the stupidity of the American people.

For it isn't what a person has accomplished that is being admired, it's how often they are in the news that creates admiration...
ADD strikes again!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-30 10:51:40
Link | Citer | R

I envy you Chaos.

If it wasn't for the fact that my family lives in America, I would revoke my citizenship and move to Japan in a heartbeat.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-12-30 10:53:40
Link | Citer | R

I envy you Chaos.

If it wasn't for the fact that my family lives in America, I would revoke my citizenship and move to Japan in a heartbeat.

Not saying you would or wouldn't be happier there, and I think you've been there to judge for yourself, but just in case:

Read this
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-12-30 10:59:43
Link | Citer | R

I envy you Chaos.

Interesting choice, but I hear you.

Some financial show I was watching (not Kaiser) was going on about eastern Europe as the new economical hot spot. Japan on the other hand is in recession and has off the wall QE.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-12-30 11:29:54
Link | Citer | R

nteresting choice, but I hear you.

Some financial show I was watching (not Kaiser) was going on about eastern Europe as the new economical hot spot. Japan on the other hand is in recession and has off the wall QE.

hey, gdi, send me some serbian or russian pennies.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-30 11:32:36
Link | Citer | R

I envy you Chaos.

Not saying you would or wouldn't be happier there, and I think you've been there to judge for yourself, but just in case:

Read this
I have lived in Japan for a year before, and culture shock doesn't apply to me, as I have traveled around the world (either on business or pleasure) more than 30 times in my life.

I wouldn't live in Japan for monetary reasons, but cultural reasons.

Japan is a very beautiful place. I think it is the best place to live in this world, as I have (abet limited) experience in various places (mostly San Antonio, but I have stayed for extended (3+ months) periods in London, Paris, Cairo, Cape Town, Prague, Dresden, Saint Petersburg, Hong Kong, Kanto (mainly Hirakata-shi) region, and various US cities) around the world.
By Ramyrez 2014-12-30 11:55:42
Link | Citer | R

I have lived in Japan for a year before, and culture shock doesn't apply to me, as I have traveled around the world (either on business or pleasure) more than 30 times in my life.

But do you speak fluent Japanese? I mean...ugh.

I just can't imagine being non-Japanese and living there. There's respecting the culture and enjoying aspects of it, but at the same time...you'll never really be part of it to so many people there. That's rough.

Then again, we treat immigrants like that here too, and half of the citizens in the states aren't more than two generations off the boat. So...ugh.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-12-30 12:04:44
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
nteresting choice, but I hear you.

hey, gdi, send me some serbian or russian pennies.
Here:
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-12-30 12:07:26
Link | Citer | R

I picked up some neat ones yesterday,

I'll have to see if they're on the monster web, I didn't take a picture.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-12-30 12:13:49
Link | Citer | R

yep, ze internet has everything.

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-12-30 12:20:31
Link | Citer | R

That's some nice silver.

Here's a 1/10 of a ruble and some single Kroner, etc., lol.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-12-30 12:21:41
Link | Citer | R

man, I'd love to travel more. I need to get the wife back to work & the kids on their feet >.<
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-12-30 12:24:08
Link | Citer | R

man, I'd love to travel more. I need to get the wife back to work & the kids on their feet >.<
Hopefully the world will still be here when you get all that happening.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-12-30 12:25:54
Link | Citer | R

Hopefully the world will still be here when you get all that happening.

the odds are against me, that much is for sure.
By Ramyrez 2014-12-30 12:31:11
Link | Citer | R

I guess I'm just paranoid as hell, but traveling/living in places like Eastern Europe or the Middle East. Just doesn't seem safe for a white American who isn't fluent in local linguistics.

Our government steps on too many toes worldwide and there are too many people out there who seem willing to strike at anyone even remotely, tangentially related to that, even if you're actually sympathetic to their situation(s).
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-12-30 12:34:20
Link | Citer | R

you can't live life afraid. safety, even in pennsylvania, is merely an illusion, grasshopper.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-30 12:36:23
Link | Citer | R

But do you speak fluent Japanese? I mean...ugh.

I just can't imagine being non-Japanese and living there. There's respecting the culture and enjoying aspects of it, but at the same time...you'll never really be part of it to so many people there. That's rough.

Then again, we treat immigrants like that here too, and half of the citizens in the states aren't more than two generations off the boat. So...ugh.
Languages have been and always will be my weakest point.

I do not speak fluently in any language besides English, but you would be very surprised at how well a person can get by without speaking Japanese.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-12-30 12:37:55
Link | Citer | R

The best part about my last trip was going though security at JFK and then Norway with a carry on bag filled with precious metals, but more lol worthy, bars of metals like copper and titanium. The guy at JFK was impressed and even was more than happy to go into a private area to search my bag. It was the bars on the bottom that was making security curious.

Norway was the same, but they were more like, oh ok that's normal, carry on.

One of my checked bags with my computer (tower) had a TSA insert in it, meaning they 'inspected' it. Right next to the insert was 2 packages of generic Sudafed and a Cuban cigar I tossed in. That was funny too.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-30 12:38:02
Link | Citer | R

I guess I'm just paranoid as hell, but traveling/living in places like Eastern Europe or the Middle East. Just doesn't seem safe for a white American who isn't fluent in local linguistics.

Our government steps on too many toes worldwide and there are too many people out there who seem willing to strike at anyone even remotely, tangentially related to that, even if you're actually sympathetic to their situation(s).
As long as you are smart about the area you are traveling in (for example, in Brazil, a foreigner should never get into a cab that's not clearly showing governmental registration, or take the risk of being held hostage in the Amazon), most anywhere is safe to travel at.

Well, except obvious places...
By Ramyrez 2014-12-30 12:40:30
Link | Citer | R

you can't live life afraid. safety, even in pennsylvania, is merely an illusion, grasshopper.

It's not really about living life afraid. But there's a difference between "living scared" and "not playing Russian Roulette with double-barrel shotgun".
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-30 12:41:20
Link | Citer | R

But there's a difference between "living scared" and "not playing Russian Roulette with double-barrel shotgun".
But but but....

....the splatter matter....
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-12-30 12:41:44
Link | Citer | R

There's two huge building right here in Belgrade I pass every few days that were bombed back in the late 90s, I think, by the U.S. They purposely leave them up as a reminder even though Chinese, UAE, and a few other countries have offered to fix em.

I want to get a picture, but there's always military guards around them.

Also being fluent in Russian is a huge plus here though :P
By Ramyrez 2014-12-30 13:02:51
Link | Citer | R

There's two huge building right here in Belgrade I pass every few days that were bombed back in the late 90s, I think, by the U.S.

NATO did it. Blame Slobodan Milošević.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-30 13:23:09
Link | Citer | R

I was laughing to myself as I read about Michael Grimm's House resignation... Particularly about the part where he admitted knowingly hiring illegal immigrants to work at his business.
 Siren.Lordgrim
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-30 13:51:45
Link | Citer | R

I envy you Chaos.

whats stopping you, you never seemed happy in our conversations Kingy, you already wear a foreign flag in protest.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-30 13:53:29
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
I envy you Chaos.

whats stopping you, you never seemed happy in our conversations Kingy, you already wear a foreign flag in protest.
Since reading comprehension isn't your strong suit (obviously, I mean, look at your arguments you posted in other threads), I went ahead and bolded what is "stopping" me.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-30 13:55:20
Link | Citer | R

I envy you Chaos.

Read this

I wouldn't live in Japan for monetary reasons, but cultural reasons.

Japan is a very beautiful place. I think it is the best place to live in this world, as I have (abet limited) experience in various places (mostly San Antonio, but I have stayed for extended (3+ months) periods in London, Paris, Cairo, Cape Town, Prague, Dresden, Saint Petersburg, Hong Kong, Kanto (mainly Hirakata-shi) region, and various US cities) around the world.

I agree Japan and every nation has beautiful aspects of it as well. One thing of a lot of things i love The United States about is it has a little bit of everything the world has. No nation is perfect i never said that, but we do live in a beautiful world if you really look at it with open eyes.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-30 13:57:08
Link | Citer | R

Less censorship for one. there culture is more open. That sounds like freedom to me.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-30 13:57:42
Link | Citer | R

Why do you think Japan is the best place to live other than it being a beautiful place?
First Page 2 3 ... 178 179 180 ... 1375 1376 1377