Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-20 09:37:47
Link | Citer | R

AmishOmega the scientist:

It's colder today than it was yesterday! I've just debunked global warming! You're all idiots unless you agree with me! /puts fingers in ears and hums the them song to dukes of hazard
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-20 09:59:14
Link | Citer | R

but all john boehner would have to do is say something like...

/boehner voice

"if I was one of these families in the united states illegally I might be afraid that the presidents actions would be reversed at some point and the government would know exactly where I lived..."

few people would sign up to get deported... unless they had a wedding to go too.... (ancient cheech and chong joke)

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-20 10:06:24
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
few people would sign up to get deported... unless they had a wedding to go too.... (ancient cheech and chong joke)

it's not all that big a threat at the same time though. Back when I still worked construction the sheetrock guys got deported back to mexico one time, & I remember when the feds were loading them up they kept shouting back to their boss "s'ok jeffe! we'll be back in 2 weeks! 2 weeks!" all desperate like. I recall laughing & thinking "yeah right, dude" well sure as god needs money they were back a week & a half later, blasting ranchero music, & throwing up sheetrock.

edit*

And I live a good 2000 miles from the border.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-20 10:13:22
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Could have sworn both of you claimed the other wasn't worth the time.

I did, fortunately it doesn't require effort to refute his assertions.

where'd Rav go, he's at least entertaining.

Have no fear, Ravioli is here!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-20 10:18:21
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Could have sworn both of you claimed the other wasn't worth the time.

it's all part of the courtship. it's a delicate to and fro.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-20 10:23:03
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »

it's not all that big a threat at the same time though. Back when I still worked construction the sheetrock guys got deported back to mexico one time, & I remember when the feds were loading them up they kept shouting back to their boss "s'ok jeffe! we'll be back in 2 weeks! 2 weeks!" all desperate like. I recall laughing & thinking "yeah right, dude" well sure as god needs money they were back a week & a half later, blasting ranchero music, & throwing up sheetrock.

edit*

Oh man, the ranchero music.... I don't mind a lot of Spanish-speaking music out there (it helps that I can speak it), but when I was living in Arizona that ranchero music drove me nuts.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-20 10:25:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
There is no potentially about it (i underlined the IEA guy who states it). Why are you arguing that production hasn't increased? This is the dumbest thing to nitpick since it's demonstrably true.
You claim:

So increasing the oil supply via fracking doesn't lower prices?

Supply shock from North American oil rippling through global markets
and provide a link supporting your claim, which doesn't back up your claim.
Your evidence that you provided is not evidence.

Where is the failure of your understanding occurring?

We have increased the amount of refinable oil through hydraulic fracking?

-We have! This isn't in dispute, Kara in the post right before yours threw it out there again.

Bahamut.Kara said: »
*to make this clear: US oil increased compared to global oil production by 3% from 2009-2013.
World: 84,951.2, 87,578.6, 87,869.7, 89,750.2, 90,109.3
United States: 9,130.1, 9,695.6, 10,128.5, 11,118.7, 12,342.5
US% to world supply: 10.7%, 11%, 11.5%, 12.4%, 13.7%

And in case you guys missed it I did too a few pages back when I posted this:

And you've got a severe memory impairment, you posted it as well.

Also, the link above shows oil production as being over 9.3m barrels since 2010.
This one(again):
http://www.eia.gov/cfapps/ipdbproject/IEDIndex3.cfm?tid=5&pid=53&aid=1

So it's not that oil production hasn't increased, cause we've covered that. Could it be that hydrological fracking requires drilling? Can't tout "drill baby drill" if we're getting all this increase in oil production without drilling right?

Or perhaps it could be the fundamental economics of supply and demand. You know when things are more available, the price inevitably goes down. So again, what are you failing to understanding? Because it cannot be that the supply has increased. Everyone's covered this.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-20 10:25:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
You know what could benefit the whole world? Clean cheap energy...
CO2 is not "dirty". We have clean cheap energy, too bad Obama and the libs hate coal and fracking.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-20 10:25:45
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The fact that you use polar bears as some kind of counterpoint is a pretty good warning sign to avoid engagement.

I'm not touting polar bears being alive as proof that global warming isn't real. Alarmists like yourself have touted that the dwindling population of polar bears will suffer because of global warming. The article and myself are arguing that because the population of polar bears has increased despite the increase in atmospheric CO2 levels, then the argument put forth by alarmists (of global warming will kill the polar bears) is full of ***.

It's just another example of how ignorant they are of "climate mechanics". But I guess you've got no shot at maintaining credibility if I cannot point out the mistakes you and other alarmists have continued to make.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-20 10:29:10
Link | Citer | R

it's not all that big a threat at the same time though.

Yeah nobody I have met sees it as anything more than a nuisance... and almost everyone I met in Monterrey Mexico was bidding their time until their eventual return. the one guy had gotten picked up in wisconsin and spent a hellishly long week on the world slowest bus back to mexico but still his only hesitation which was whether or not he should move that far north again...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-20 10:38:37
Link | Citer | R

You, much like AO, focus on only one part of the equation and ignore all other information while claiming victory for your side.

No one is disputing that the U.S. is not producing more oil. No one is saying that it doesn't affect the market. It just doesn't affect it on as significant a level as you seem to think it does.

Just increasing supply does not drive prices down like this. You fail to see the whole picture or even comprehend how the market actually works and try to reduce it to a simplistic form which completely supports your objective. It doesn't.

Edit: that and you don't even fully comprehend the articles you yourself post.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-20 10:40:24
Link | Citer | R

it's not all that big a threat at the same time though.

Yeah nobody I have met sees it as anything more than a nuisance... and almost everyone I met in Monterrey Mexico was bidding their time until their eventual return. the one guy had gotten picked up in wisconsin and spent a hellishly long week on the world slowest bus back to mexico but still his only hesitation which was whether or not he should move that far north again...

Don't you have henchmen and/or robots patrolling the borders to prevent that kind of thing, Nik?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-20 10:43:22
Link | Citer | R

edit*

Construcción Sans Frontières

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-20 10:51:14
Link | Citer | R

not nearly as revered as their hoity toity medical counterparts, either.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-20 10:58:40
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
You, much like AO, focus on only one part of the equation and ignore all other information while claiming victory for your side.

No one is disputing that the U.S. is not producing more oil. No one is saying that it doesn't affect the market. It just doesn't affect it on as significant a level as you seem to think it does.

Just increasing supply does not drive prices down like this. You fail to see the whole picture or even comprehend how the market actually works and try to reduce it to a simplistic form which completely supports your objective. It doesn't.

Ok, so you concede that fracking produces more oil, increases supply, but you fail to understand that the increased supply will bring down costs.

If the US's supply had fallen by a few million bpd in the past 5 years instead of increasing a few million bpd, do you think that the price would fall as well?

Or are you just so stuborn or avoid conceding that increased supply via fracking = lower costs to the pump that you'll insist that decreased supply = lower costs?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-20 11:04:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Don't you have henchmen and/or robots patrolling the borders to prevent that kind of thing, Nik?

the funding fell through due to extreme squeamish queasiness over the indeterminate nature of the killbots killing methodology.... they're programmed to basically sprays bullets at anything that moves inside the kill radius....everybody looses their resolve when they start gunning down children

pansies
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-20 11:07:21
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so you concede that fracking produces more oil, increases supply, but you fail to understand that the increased supply will bring down costs.

If the US's supply had fallen by a few million bpd in the past 5 years instead of increasing a few million bpd, do you think that the price would fall as well?

Or are you just so stuborn or avoid conceding that increased supply via fracking = lower costs to the pump that you'll insist that decreased supply = lower costs?

I'm going to throw your global warming argument back in your face and state that since gas prices are still too damn high, fracking isn't at all effective....
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-20 11:07:47
Link | Citer | R

You have not posted any articles that relate to oil costs. US supply, whether low or high, has not affected gas prices. The US does not dictate the cost of oil, period.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-20 11:12:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

/sigh

Do you even read other peoples posts? Do you treat everything like a "omg I saw this one part of somethingthat looks like it supports my thoery so I'm going to use that to bolster my own words and then bastardize everything else!"

Even in your simplistic understanding of any kind of market you're still completely ignoreing the demand side as well as the rest of the world. Just because NA is producing more oil does not equate to a drastic decrease in the price of a barrel of oil for the world.

Like we've tried to explain to you before. there has been a decrease in demand across the globe especially in emerging asian markets... the increase in the US's BPD production is statistically small globally compared to what we've already been producing. the Saudi's have been pushing the market price down.. among other reasons that your own articles have given...

I don't get what's so hard to understand about "yes it does have an effect but not as great as you would like to believe". Do you not understand that this is a global market? That the US does not control the price of Gasoline and domestic production isn't the sole reason the price fluctuates?

Even less of this has to do with fracking...
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-20 11:14:54
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »
Since I'm talking Historic check this out.

Record Snow AND cold in Buffalo NY.

“The National Weather Service said Tuesday night that some areas of the Buffalo suburbs were approaching 76 inches of snow since Monday — that's the record for snowfall over a 24-hour period anywhere in the U.S. ever,”

http://www.jrn.com/now-trending/Record-snowfall-cripples-Buffalo-NY-claims-at-least-5-lives-283204501.html
And it is record warm in other locatsions. What exactly is your point? Again, US != globe.

Post one of those locations please.
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/
In particular, Denmark is on track with what will likely be the second warmest fall on record, and is on track for busting the record high yearly average temperature record.

Yup post more information that only goes back to 1997, because fail.

As for Denmark.. I cannot find a Record temp list any place. But i did find this. http://www.copenhagen.climatemps.com/

Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 12.3°C (54.2°F) during the day and lows of 7°C (44.6°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
From the article I was given.
Quote:
Meteorology institute DMI predicted last week that October 2014 would end with an average temperature right around 12C, putting it among the top three Octobers since weather recordings began in 1874.
Looks average to me. And nowhere in that article does it say those high temps happened. Oct 27 was a Monday and they were predicting the highs to happen.

Please feel free to post a little better Proof than avg. temperatures almost being broken.. kthxbye.
You seem to have a misunderstanding of what average temperature is, as opposed to average high and average low.
If you assume a duty cycle of 50% (half time at upper average, half time at lower average), an average high of 12C and low of 7C would give you an average temperature of 9.5C. That's 2.5C lower than an average temperature of 12C.

Now, assuming a duty cycle of 50% is quite often wrong when dealing with temperatures, since in most places very little relative time is generally spent at the maximum and minimum values. But that should clarify what the difference between average temperature, average maximum temperature, average minimum temperature.

Also, from http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/:

Quote:
Global temperature highlights: January–October

Land and Ocean Combined: January-October was the warmest such period on record, with a combined global land and ocean average surface temperature 1.22°F (0.68°C) above the 20th century average of 57.4°F (14.1°C), surpassing the previous record set in 1998 and 2010 by 0.02°C (0.04°F). 2014 is currently on track to be the warmest year on record. The margin of error is +/- 0.20°F (0.11°C).
Land Only: The January-October worldwide land surface temperature was 1.75°F (0.97°C) above the 20th century average, tying with 1998 and 2002 as the fourth warmest such period on record. The margin of error is +/- 0.40°F (0.22°C).
Ocean Only: The global ocean surface temperature for the year to date was 1.03°F (0.57°C) above average, the highest on record for this period, beating the previous of 1998 by 0.05°F (0.03°C). The margin of error is +/-0.07°F (0.04°C).

So the straightforward answer to this:
Post one of those locations please.
is this:

Earth.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-20 11:16:17
Link | Citer | R

not nearly as revered as their hoity toity medical counterparts, either.

But every bit as valuable.

Now all we need is a Mexican guy looking into a camera saying to the American people "You didn't build that."

Gringo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-20 12:00:56
Link | Citer | R

Or perhaps it could be the fundamental economics of supply and demand. You know when things are more available, the price inevitably goes down. So again, what are you failing to understanding? Because it cannot be that the supply has increased. Everyone's covered this.
It also can't be that demand has changed. It also can't be that it doesn't necessarily straightforwardly follow supply vs demand.
Here's a graph comparing global oil production, consumption, and the US crude oil acquisition cost.

You may notice the acquisition cost doesn't necessarily map well to changes in supply and demand post 2000ish.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-11-20 12:25:35
Link | Citer | R

I'm not touting polar bears being alive as proof that global warming isn't real. Alarmists like yourself have touted that the dwindling population of polar bears will suffer because of global warming. The article and myself are arguing that because the population of polar bears has increased despite the increase in atmospheric CO2 levels, then the argument put forth by alarmists (of global warming will kill the polar bears) is full of ***.

It's just another example of how ignorant they are of "climate mechanics". But I guess you've got no shot at maintaining credibility if I cannot point out the mistakes you and other alarmists have continued to make.
The shitty hotair says nothing about increasing populations. Polar bears exist within the entire Arctic circle, not just Alaska. Arctic land ice is disappearing and this WILL affect the wildlife that relies on it.

I didn't even address the fact that their entire argument revolves around a cherry picked quote from a TV ad. lol
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-20 12:34:37
Link | Citer | R

I still say polar bears are *** and they should all be rounded up and put in zoos...

Arctic land ice is disappearing

no it isn't.... it's just in it's more liquidy form is all.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-20 12:35:20
Link | Citer | R

It also can't be that demand has changed. It also can't be that it doesn't necessarily straightforwardly follow supply vs demand.
Here's a graph comparing global oil production, consumption, and the US crude oil acquisition cost.

You may notice the acquisition cost doesn't necessarily map well to changes in supply and demand post 2000ish.

By all means continue to argue that increasing the supply of oil through fracking doesn't lower prices at the pump.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-20 12:38:25
Link | Citer | R

By all means continue to argue that increasing the supply of oil through fracking doesn't lower prices at the pump.

Its not an argument, its common knowledge. This is just another topic you know nothing about.
By Ramyrez 2014-11-20 12:39:10
Link | Citer | R

I still say polar bears are *** and they should all be rounded up and put in zoos...

Get that positive spin on it.

"We've increased the size of the Arctic Ocean! It's amazing!"
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-20 12:43:44
Link | Citer | R

The shitty hotair says nothing about increasing populations. Polar bears exist within the entire Arctic circle, not just Alaska. Arctic land ice is disappearing and this WILL affect the wildlife that relies on it.

I didn't even address the fact that their entire argument revolves around a cherry picked quote from a TV ad. lol

First, the article states "11) Polar Bears are alive and well and not dying out." If a species is not dying out it is instead multiplying. Thanks for playing you lose.

Second you attempt to brush me off and discredit based on the fact that I bring up Polar bears, then you double down on the polar bear argument yourself.

Classic Pleebo!
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-20 12:43:46
Link | Citer | R

the real question is, would you change places with a polar bear, today?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-20 12:47:59
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

Get that positive spin on it.

"We've increased the size of the Arctic Ocean! It's amazing!"

There's also oil reserves currently inaccessible thanks to that Arctic Ice. When that dissapears, we'll be given access to billions of barrels of untapped crude baby.

Just imagine, 5cent/gallon fuel! World peace, here we come.
First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 ... 1375 1376 1377