Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 148 149 150 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Altimaomega 2014-11-20 02:42:12
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Since I'm talking Historic check this out.

Record Snow AND cold in Buffalo NY.

“The National Weather Service said Tuesday night that some areas of the Buffalo suburbs were approaching 76 inches of snow since Monday — that's the record for snowfall over a 24-hour period anywhere in the U.S. ever,”

http://www.jrn.com/now-trending/Record-snowfall-cripples-Buffalo-NY-claims-at-least-5-lives-283204501.html
And it is record warm in other locatsions. What exactly is your point? Again, US != globe.

Post one of those locations please.
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/
In particular, Denmark is on track with what will likely be the second warmest fall on record, and is on track for busting the record high yearly average temperature record.

Yup post more information that only goes back to 1997, because fail.

As for Denmark.. I cannot find a Record temp list any place. But i did find this. http://www.copenhagen.climatemps.com/

Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 12.3°C (54.2°F) during the day and lows of 7°C (44.6°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
From the article I was given.
Quote:
Meteorology institute DMI predicted last week that October 2014 would end with an average temperature right around 12C, putting it among the top three Octobers since weather recordings began in 1874.
Looks average to me. And nowhere in that article does it say those high temps happened Oct 27 was a Monday and they were predicting the highs to happen.

Please feel free to post a little better Proof than avg. temperatures almost being broken.. kthxbye.
Um...

1. The article I posted in Danish lists the top temps for October
2. They are saying the average will be 12C for October 2014, not that it is on average 12C in october. The final average temp for october 2014 was 12.1C second hottest october on record.

Quote:
Oktober 2014 fik en døgnmiddeltemperatur på 12,1°C for landet som helhed. Det er hele 3°C over normalen beregnet for perioden 1961-90 (9,1°C) og 2,7°C koldere end den seneste 10-års dekadeværdi på 9,4°C beregnet på perioden 2001-2010.
Rough, quick translation:
October 2014 was 12.1c. This is 3c~ higher than normal October temperature. From 1961-1990 it was average 9.1c and 2001-2010 average was 9.4c

Okay, my translated version says
Quote:
Meteorology institute DMI predicted last week that October 2014 would end with an average temperature right around 12C, putting it among the top three Octobers since weather recordings began in 1874.

So its the 2nd or 3rd warmest on record depending on the information source. Either way its not record breaking or historic.

Next.
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-11-20 02:49:16
Link | Citer | R

Altima.

Milamber said it was record warm in other locations.

That is the second hottest October on record. It was 12.1C for October 2014 and the hottest on record is 12.2C October 2006.

October 2014 was 3C higher than normal.

That is record warm temperatures.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-20 02:58:18
Link | Citer | R

Altima.

That is the second hottest October on record. It was 12.1C for October 2014 and the hottest on record is 12.2C

October 2014 is 3C higher than normal.

That is record warm.

I understand what you are saying, I don't think you understand me.
I'm trying to point out that while I just posted two Record breaking historic events. You guys are saying its Record breaking hot other places but you have not posted one example yet. The best you have done is post "higher than normal". I could do that all damn day with lower than normal temps. Milamber "says" a lot of things but still hasn't "shown" anything just like jet and jassik.

Full of hot air but no substance to back up any claims (ever).

Don't matter anyways just a way to past the time, they do make for good entertainment.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-20 03:07:14
Link | Citer | R

Altima.

That is the second hottest October on record. It was 12.1C for October 2014 and the hottest on record is 12.2C

October 2014 is 3C higher than normal.

That is record warm.

I understand what you are saying, I don't think you understand me.
I'm trying to point out that while I just posted two Record breaking historic events. You guys are saying its Record breaking hot other places but you have not posted one example yet. The best you have done is post "higher than normal". I could do that all damn day with lower than normal temps. Milamber "says" a lot of things but still hasn't "shown" anything just like jet and jassik.

Full of hot air but no substance to back up any claims (ever).

Don't matter anyways just a way to pass the time, they do make for good entertainment.
ftfy and they never said record breaking, they said record, and they showed record temps, thank you for demonstrating once again that you cannot read.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-20 03:10:14
Link | Citer | R

Also only one of yours was historically record breaking. (assuming your source is correct).
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-11-20 03:10:32
Link | Citer | R

Could have sworn both of you claimed the other wasn't worth the time.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-20 03:11:29
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »

I did, fortunately it doesn't require effort to refute his assertions.

where'd Rav go, he's at least entertaining.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-11-20 03:16:01
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I think these threads would benefit if you're entirely stopped posting in them. The entirely derailing about the weather in Denmark is largely your fault and worst of all, you're validating his misunderstanding that weather is the same as climate.

Just stop, you're not helping anyone or anything.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-20 03:16:04
Link | Citer | R

Jets just mad I proved him wrong. I could do it again "Also only one of yours was historically record breaking" I posted two Historic Record Breaking events. But screw that guy can't even admit when he is wrong and fails at reading comprehension.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-20 03:17:51
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I think these threads would benefit if you're entirely stopped posting in them. The entirely derailing about the weather in Denmark is largely your fault and worst of all, you're validating his misunderstanding that weather is the same as climate.

Personally I don't care what you think, I'm not validating anything other than that he has a severe misunderstanding.

There's no derail, we were talking about weather and climate, we still are talking about weather and climate.

You're not helping anyone or anything either, just an fyi.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-20 03:18:26
Link | Citer | R

Jets just mad I proved him wrong. I could do it again "Also only one of yours was historically record breaking" I posted two Historic Record Breaking events. But screw that guy can't even admit when he is wrong and fails at reading comprehension.
I'm not mad at all, and you didn't prove anyone wrong.

You didn't post two record breaking historic events, unless you're saying that one your one source is wrong. Oh again with the "no you" bit, seriously did you even graduate grade school?
By Altimaomega 2014-11-20 03:25:49
Link | Citer | R

Denmarks high temps are within the avg for its climate. Its High avg but nothing very record breaking about it.

An entire seasons worth of snow falls on Buffalo in 3 days "Historic" and historic record lows in the USA for the second winter in a row that have followed mild summers. When exactly does weather become climate and climate become weather. All these people wanna talk about "Climate Change" well looks like the climate is changing only Global warming has nothing to do with it.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-11-20 03:25:50
Link | Citer | R

AO, the more you post, the more you show you don't understand what you're talking about.

Weather is what you see when you look out the window. It is NOT the same as climate.

If you would just spend a tiny amount of time with google, there are many places where you can learn about the issue before attempt to participate in the conversation.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+difference+between+weather+and+climate

You don't even need to read any of the links, google outright tells you

Quote:
The difference between weather and climate is a measure of time. Weather is what conditions of the atmosphere are over a short period of time, and climate is how the atmosphere "behaves" over relatively long periods of time.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-20 03:27:06
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

You didn't post two record breaking historic events, unless you're saying that one your one source is wrong. Oh again with the "no you" bit, seriously did you even graduate grade school?

Hahaha you started the "No you" bit ffs. My god dude.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-20 03:28:03
Link | Citer | R

AO, the more you post, the more you show you don't understand what you're talking about.

Weather is what you see when you look out the window. It is NOT the same as climate.

If you would just spend a tiny amount of time with google, there are many places where you can learn about the issue before attempt to participate in the conversation.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+difference+between+weather+and+climate

You don't even need to read any of the links, google outright tells you

Quote:
The difference between weather and climate is a measure of time. Weather is what conditions of the atmosphere are over a short period of time, and climate is how the atmosphere "behaves" over relatively long periods of time.

Read the post above yours. Just because certain people claim I don't know what I am talking about doesn't mean they are right. It's zero fun to post straight up information and then have them *** about some tiny little detail that doesn't have anything to do with the subject at hand. "they do this VERY OFTEN"

Ever notice they don't post anything of relevance ever?
By Jetackuu 2014-11-20 03:31:47
Link | Citer | R

Not at all, I've been saying since you started posting here that your level of reading comprehension needs work, as evidenced by the numerous threads you've posted with a title/OP saying the exact opposite of your links.

As evidenced further by this thread, hell this page alone.

But nice try in trying to turn my observation back on me when it's you with the issue. I have demonstratively amazing reading comprehension, yeah it's been tested. That being said my grammar could use a bit of work, but "meh."

You have fun now, I have some other things to do before I hit the hay.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-11-20 03:32:23
Link | Citer | R

Read the post above yours.

I did. You literally asked when weather becomes climate.

Is there really nothing anyone can say to at least make you second guess your point of view?

I'm trying to point out this blatantly incorrect, easily verifiable misconception that you have and not only do you refuse to listen, you insist that you are still correct.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-20 03:34:06
Link | Citer | R

Not at all, I've been saying since you started posting here that your level of reading comprehension needs work, as evidenced by the numerous threads you've posted with a title/OP saying the exact opposite of your links.

As evidenced further by this thread, hell this page alone.

But nice try in trying to turn my observation back on me when it's you with the issue. I have demonstratively amazing reading comprehension, yeah it's been tested. That being said my grammar could use a bit of work, but "meh."

You have fun now, I have some other things to do before I hit the hay.

lol congratulations you've won the internet. smh
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-11-20 03:34:06
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, let's try a different approach. Let's say you buy a cow that is larger than normal. One cow doesn't mean that all cows are around that big because it may just be a fluke. Now you keep buying cows week after week after week, year after year. You notice that some of the cows are smaller than you'd expect, some are the size you normally purchase, but most of the cows are large and keep get progressively larger as more time goes by. So even though you have samples from both extremes, the trend points to cows getting larger than normal on the average.

Pretty soon you're seeing record-breaking cows and the new average-sized cow is larger than it used to be!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-20 03:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Hmm, let's try a different approach. Let's say you buy a cow that is larger than normal. One cow doesn't mean that all cows are around that big because it may just be a fluke. Now you keep buying cows week after week after week, year after year. You notice that some of the cows are smaller than you'd expect, some are the size you normally purchase, but most of the cows are large and keep get progressively larger as more time goes by. So even though you have samples from both extremes, the trend points to cows getting larger than normal on the average.

Pretty soon you're seeing record-breaking cows and the new average-sized cow is larger than it used to be!

Sorry Jet, Pleebo just took your internet title. WOW.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-11-20 03:37:06
Link | Citer | R

Whelp, I'm out of ideas. Off to bed!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-20 03:40:38
Link | Citer | R

Is there really nothing anyone can say to at least make you second guess your point of view?

I'm trying to point out this blatantly incorrect, easily verifiable misconception that you have and not only do you refuse to listen, you insist that you are still correct.

No I asked

Denmarks high temps are within the avg for its climate. Its High avg but nothing very record breaking about it.

An entire seasons worth of snow falls on Buffalo in 3 days "Historic" and historic record lows in the USA for the second winter in a row that have followed mild summers. When exactly does weather become climate and climate become weather. All these people wanna talk about "Climate Change" well looks like the climate is changing only Global warming has nothing to do with it.

You need to take a step back and actually read what I say. How many years does it take for the climate to change.
If the Global Warming fanatics didn't have so much invested in the "warming" part they would be switching back to "global cooling" or "climate change" any time now. Just like they have ALWAYS done!
By Altimaomega 2014-11-20 03:41:25
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Whelp, I'm out of ideas. Off to bed!

Don't worry you didn't have any to start with.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-11-20 03:43:57
Link | Citer | R

When exactly does weather become climate and climate become weather

You literally asked when weather becomes climate.

I don't understand. Where's the inconsistency?
By Altimaomega 2014-11-20 04:02:30
Link | Citer | R

When exactly does weather become climate and climate become weather

You literally asked when weather becomes climate.

I don't understand. Where's the inconsistency?

Screw it going to bed.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-11-20 04:32:23
Link | Citer | R

Unfortunately, I've already read what was written.

Please note that I'm not intentionally looking for pro-ACA websites. I hope you don't consider the National Climatic Data Center a propagandist website.

If you want to look at climate, you look at it over the timespan of multiple decades and over a large amount of area. One particular year or one particular area really doesn't matter in the long run.

Take a look at this graph

This data branches back to 1880. The line at the bottom is what's important. In the last 134 years, the 11 warmest years happened within the last 16 years. That should be eye raising to most people. And if that doesn't, throw out 1998. In the last 134 years, the 10 warmest years happened in the last 12 years.

Doesn't this show that the average temperature is rising?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-20 05:14:55
Link | Citer | R

Since I'm talking Historic check this out.

Record Snow AND cold in Buffalo NY.

“The National Weather Service said Tuesday night that some areas of the Buffalo suburbs were approaching 76 inches of snow since Monday — that's the record for snowfall over a 24-hour period anywhere in the U.S. ever,”

http://www.jrn.com/now-trending/Record-snowfall-cripples-Buffalo-NY-claims-at-least-5-lives-283204501.html
Here's a fun fact. The record for most snow in a 24 hour period was 76 inches and occurred in Silver Lake, CO on April 14-15th, 1921.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-20 09:02:16
Link | Citer | R

Take a look at this graph
Doesn't this show that the average temperature is rising?

rising temperatures are good. polar bears suck. new topic

why haven't the republicans started a fear campaign that they will repeal any action taken on immigration by president obama and anyone who is dumb enough to sign up for it will be rounded up and deported.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-20 09:33:27
Link | Citer | R

Only someone who has never ridden a polar bear could say that! They also make up half the consumer base for coca-cola so think of the the beverage industry!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 148 149 150 ... 1375 1376 1377