Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 142 143 144 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Jetackuu 2014-11-19 00:03:10
Link | Citer | R

Shame on Mark Warner.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-19 00:06:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry, one senate seat, especially when it isn't the tipping point for majority control, isn't worth rubber stamping a massive construction project that has very few quantifiable benefits and tons of quantifiable drawbacks. I don't think she should have pushed it to vote as a last ditch at winning the runoff, anyway. Regardless of your political views, nobody should support partisan power plays at the cost of the American voters.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-19 00:34:20
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The Senate on Tuesday blocked a bill to end bulk collection of American phone records by the National Security Agency, dealing a blow to President Barack Obama's primary proposal to rein in domestic surveillance.

The 58-42 vote was two short of the 60 needed to proceed with debate. Voting was largely along party lines, with most Democrats supporting the bill and most Republicans voting against it. The Republican-controlled House had previously passed its own NSA bill.

The legislation would have ended the NSA's collection of domestic calling records, instead requiring the agency to obtain a court order each time it wanted to analyze the records in terrorism cases, and query records held by the telephone companies. In many cases the companies store the records for 18 months
Senate blocks NSA phone records measure
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-19 00:37:20
Link | Citer | R

Well... 1 for 2 Senate...
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-11-19 01:25:48
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Well... 1 for 2 Senate...
"We dont like you spying on the american people, so we are going to let you do it anyway. Cause reasons."
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-19 05:40:49
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Known for its liberal politics, Berkeley has racked up a long line of firsts over the years, from taxing sugary drinks to ditching Styrofoam takeout containers.

City officials are now considering another novel plan: putting stickers on gas pumps citywide to warn consumers that burning fuel contributes to global warming.

The Berkeley City Council was set to vote to possibly move forward by early next year with the proposal, among the first of its kind in the U.S. San Francisco is drafting a similar ordinance that the city's Board of Supervisors could vote into law by next spring.

Environmental improvement efforts in Berkeley date back to 1910, when the city was the first to put police officers on bicycle patrols. In 1989, Berkeley adopted a citywide ban on Styrofoam, and about decade ago city vehicles were converted to operate on biodiesel.

Berkeley voters overwhelmingly approved the special tax on sugary drinks earlier this month, becoming the first U.S. city to pass such a measure.

Supporters of the gas-pump measure hope that simply putting the labels in front of consumers will motivate them to drive less. One environmental group compares the labels to health warnings on cigarette packages.

City Councilman Kriss Worthington, who wrote the original label proposal, said the idea is not to stop people from buying gas but rather to remind them of green and clean alternatives.

"This is a very inexpensive proposal that is simply educational," Worthington said Tuesday.

Worthington has indicated that none of the 20 gas stations in Berkeley has voiced disapproval of the plan.
California cities consider gas-pump warning labels
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-19 07:59:55
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
I'm sorry, one senate seat, especially when it isn't the tipping point for majority control, isn't worth rubber stamping a massive construction project .

someone with better paintshop skills than me draw some tears..

; ;

oh wait...here's one.

Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-19 09:01:24
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-19 14:13:30
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
Known for its liberal politics, Berkeley has racked up a long line of firsts over the years, from taxing sugary drinks to ditching Styrofoam takeout containers.

City officials are now considering another novel plan: putting stickers on gas pumps citywide to warn consumers that burning fuel contributes to global warming.

The Berkeley City Council was set to vote to possibly move forward by early next year with the proposal, among the first of its kind in the U.S. San Francisco is drafting a similar ordinance that the city's Board of Supervisors could vote into law by next spring.

Environmental improvement efforts in Berkeley date back to 1910, when the city was the first to put police officers on bicycle patrols. In 1989, Berkeley adopted a citywide ban on Styrofoam, and about decade ago city vehicles were converted to operate on biodiesel.

Berkeley voters overwhelmingly approved the special tax on sugary drinks earlier this month, becoming the first U.S. city to pass such a measure.

Supporters of the gas-pump measure hope that simply putting the labels in front of consumers will motivate them to drive less. One environmental group compares the labels to health warnings on cigarette packages.

City Councilman Kriss Worthington, who wrote the original label proposal, said the idea is not to stop people from buying gas but rather to remind them of green and clean alternatives.

"This is a very inexpensive proposal that is simply educational," Worthington said Tuesday.

Worthington has indicated that none of the 20 gas stations in Berkeley has voiced disapproval of the plan.
California cities consider gas-pump warning labels
What the media won't tell you about global warming.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-19 14:17:20
Link | Citer | R

You act as if "both sides" are equally credible, which is an outright lie, either to us or to yourself, or both.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-19 14:26:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
So, with all this fracking and lower gas prices that resulted and whatnot, can the liberals on this site come to terms with the success of "drill baby drill"?

Works every time.
Please show me how fracking has lowered gas prices.

Something tells me you have no idea how any of this actually works and just claim success regardless.

Its kinda like global warming when someone claims that global warm is true because it's warmer today than it was yesterday or that its false because it was colder then it was yesterday. I have no idea what actually happened but I'm going to claim victory for my side regardless!
EIA data shows that.U.S. oil production reached 8.5 million barrels per day in July 2014, the highest monthly levels since April 1987. The agency predicts U.S. production to average 8.5 million barrels per day in 2014, and a whopping 9.3 million barrels per day in 2015 — the highest oil production levels since 1972.

Supply and demand yo!
Your own article lists several other reasons that I guess you chose to ignore and just shouted drill baby drill instead. It leaves out significant factors one being what Viciouss brought up and also Milamber's posts on current total produced and how much had already been produced in the US.

Not to say increased production doesn't have an effect but it's nowhere near as significant as you would like to believe.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-11-19 14:34:15
Link | Citer | R

Every one of those "points" has been debunked in earlier threads. (Actually, most of those could be dismissed if one possessed a fully-functional logic center.) Is there anything new coming from the denialist think tanks, at least?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-19 14:37:13
Link | Citer | R

The me from the future wants to know how you thought the oil was yours to burn or sell in the first place.

what if I started selling water to outer space pirates until there isn't any?

how can you buy land, not compensate the previous owner, plunder all of the natural resources out of it and then sell it to someone else and then not compensate them either?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-19 14:40:03
Link | Citer | R

wut
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-19 14:40:19
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Every one of those "points" has been debunked in earlier threads. (Actually, most of those could be dismissed if one possessed a fully-functional logic center.) Is there anything new coming from the denialist think tanks, at least?

All that was needed is this extremely long sentence.

Quote:
But instead of debating whether or not the global warming hypotheses is a valid threat to the Earth, the media starts with the premise that the theory is real and anybody who contests global warming is the equivalent of people who don’t believe the holocaust actually happened, they are called deniers.

Thanks for proving it true.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-19 14:44:18
Link | Citer | R

/looks at talking points

Yes, here we are... since obama lied about "if you like your plan you can keep it", then obviously everything else he ever said about anything at all is also a lie. so therefore global warming is a hoax.../closes book

plus it's cold outside.

I'm not an economist... but I think the koch brothers over paid for that one
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-19 14:51:14
Link | Citer | R

All this doesn't mean that the pipeline isn't going to happen. It's just back to the drawing board on a new bill.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-19 14:52:29
Link | Citer | R

keep your pipeline out of my fly-over country.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-19 14:52:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
All this doesn't mean that the pipeline isn't going to happen. It's just back to the drawing board on a new bill.
Unfortunately, I wish they would pass a bill preventing it from happening, as it's not beneficial to us in the long run.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-11-19 14:53:43
Link | Citer | R

i love that Gruber guy. He tells the truth about what Democrat politicians understand about their liberal base; that they are gullible and stupid. They follow without question.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-19 14:56:07
Link | Citer | R

So, with all this fracking and lower gas prices that resulted and whatnot, can the liberals on this site come to terms with the success of "drill baby drill"?

Works every time.
Please show me how fracking has lowered gas prices.

Something tells me you have no idea how any of this actually works and just claim success regardless.

Its kinda like global warming when someone claims that global warm is true because it's warmer today than it was yesterday or that its false because it was colder then it was yesterday. I have no idea what actually happened but I'm going to claim victory for my side regardless!
EIA data shows that.U.S. oil production reached 8.5 million barrels per day in July 2014, the highest monthly levels since April 1987. The agency predicts U.S. production to average 8.5 million barrels per day in 2014, and a whopping 9.3 million barrels per day in 2015 — the highest oil production levels since 1972.

Supply and demand yo!
Your own article lists several other reasons that I guess you chose to ignore and just shouted drill baby drill instead. It leaves out significant factors one being what Viciouss brought up and also Milamber's posts on current total produced and how much had already been produced in the US.

Not to say increased production doesn't have an effect but it's nowhere near as significant as you would like to believe.

So increasing the oil supply via fracking doesn't lower prices?

Supply shock from North American oil rippling through global markets
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-11-19 14:56:33
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »

All that was needed is this extremely long sentence.

Quote:
But instead of debating whether or not the global warming hypotheses is a valid threat to the Earth, the media starts with the premise that the theory is real and anybody who contests global warming is the equivalent of people who don’t believe the holocaust actually happened, they are called deniers.

Thanks for proving it true.

I think by "debunked" Pleebo means "insulted by sarcastic ***."
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-19 15:00:11
Link | Citer | R

"The fact that the liberal skewed media refuses to look at both sides of the climate argument should be evidence enough that they realize global warming theory is flawed"
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-11-19 15:01:51
Link | Citer | R

No, I've provided links in past threads regarding each one of the talking points that are somewhat based in the science. Things like "herp derp we have A scientist who changed his mind once" and "b-b-b-but what about global cooling" don't really merit discussion.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-19 15:03:47
Link | Citer | R

No, I've provided links in past threads regarding each one of the talking points that are somewhat based in the science. Things like "herp derp we have A scientist who changed his mind once" and "b-b-b-but what about global cooling" don't really merit discussion.

Thanks for playing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-19 15:04:54
Link | Citer | R

Yeah guys, the discussion is totally over now. Pleebo provided links. LINKS, I tell you!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-19 15:05:08
Link | Citer | R

"The fact that the liberal skewed media refuses to look at both sides of the climate argument should be evidence enough that they realize global warming theory is flawed"
The idea that "both sides" should be treated as equals is flawed.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-19 15:05:59
Link | Citer | R

Then by all means, abstain from the discussion.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-11-19 15:07:58
Link | Citer | R

So increasing the oil supply via fracking doesn't lower prices?

Supply shock from North American oil rippling through global markets
Do you read the articles you post?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 142 143 144 ... 1375 1376 1377