Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1354 1355 1356 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-19 15:40:11
Link | Citer | R

Lindsey Graham Takes the Bullet Over Poison. Endorses Ted Cruz.
People's Pundit Daily

Quote:
Politics make strange bedfellows. South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham endorsed Texas Sen. Ted Cruz for president and the Republican nomination on Thursday. Sen. Graham, who dropped out of the race before losing an embarrassing defeat in his own home state, was one of the first candidates to attack frontrunner Donald Trump for his policy on immigration.

“I’m going to help Ted in every way I can,” Graham told CNN.

But in the past, Sen. Graham also blasted Sen. Cruz, bashing him for being so unpopular in the Senate, even among those in his own party.

“If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you,” Graham said during a recent press dinner, a joke he once said at a fundraiser, as well.

Yet, now, Sen. Graham—who also endorsed Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor who dropped out after Mr. Trump won Graham’s state in a landslide—will host a fundraiser for Cruz on Monday. What a reversal. Sen. Graham also once said of the choice between Cruz and Trump: “It’s like being shot or poisoned. What does it really matter?”

Looks like he chose the bullet over the poison.

Edit: paged.

Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-19 15:47:49
Link | Citer | R

A lot of R's are endorsing Cruz, it's like they are sobering up and realizing Trump crazy is too crazy. Current GOP needs to do that before they will have a decent chance at winning the presidency.
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-19 16:02:36
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
A lot of R's are endorsing Cruz, it's like they are sobering up and realizing Trump crazy is too crazy. Current GOP needs to do that before they will have a decent chance at winning the presidency.

If winning the Presidency is the only concern, their best bet is to get on the Trump bandwagon and hope it doesn't self-immolate before it gets there.

Really, though, it's completely about control, and they feel they'll have more of it with Cruz than Trump. If Kasich was more viable, they'd be lining up behind him instead.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-19 16:08:43
Link | Citer | R

Good point.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-03-19 17:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
Do you seriously think that the majority of the poor vote democrat because they think democrats are going to get them out of the hole? hahahahaha.
No. They vote Democrat because they know the Republicans are looking out for the0.1% and will cheerfuly burry them alive to do so.

Or they vote Republican 'cause abortion, guns, comunists, ect.

How have the poor fared these last 8 years? All I see is their ranks going up.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-19 17:33:00
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

After watching the translation video the other day, I found this.
By Jetackuu 2016-03-19 18:05:48
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
At some point these kids have to take some common sense approaches to common sense scenarios.
The thing about "common sense" is that it's purely subjective, and will always be beaten by logic and facts.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-19 18:36:26
Link | Citer | R

Democrats know nothing of logic and facts. I present to you my facts on the matter.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48507/news-from-the-war-on-the-poor/2/#3066515
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-19 18:37:08
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »
Democrats know nothing of logic and facts.
You're in P&R, no one here does.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-19 18:38:44
Link | Citer | R

It is highly illogical to post around here, that is for sure.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-03-19 19:05:50
Link | Citer | R

I know people here hate it but I support Trump over Cruz, Trump leans right but not so far that he falls the hell over.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-19 19:08:06
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure the stick up his *** holds him up.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-19 19:15:18
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
Sadly, most of the country won't vote for a religious zealot who refuses to enforce the separation of church and state.

Other than your comment being completely overblown, what makes you expect a country with 74+ percent of its population being christian, not vote for a religious person? I look forward to your logical reply.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-19 20:05:52
Link | Citer | R

Other than your comment being completely overblown, what makes you expect a country with 74+ percent of its population being christian, not vote for a religious person? I look forward to your logical reply.

That number seems high. Source?

Also, one can be a Christian and still believe very strongly in separation of church and state.
By Bloodrose 2016-03-19 20:13:13
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure the stick up his *** holds him up.
Personally, I think it's that rug he calls hair. Like a Marionette, except it has to be attached to him like a brain slug to keep him moving.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-19 20:26:12
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »

That number seems high. Source?

Also, one can be a Christian and still believe very strongly in separation of church and state.

True, however, logically thinking that would be the least important thing on their mind when voting between Hillary and Cruz/Trump. I can understand it would be a higher priority for non-Christians.

Source. Google. "percentage of Christians in the USA" Take your pick, they go from 70%-80%.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-19 20:31:38
Link | Citer | R

I knew a Catholic girl in high school who, when we held a mock election, said she wanted to vote for Obama but voted for McCain because Obama was pro-abortion. There are plenty of one-issue voters out there.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-19 20:33:32
Link | Citer | R

Source. Google. "percentage of Christians in the USA" Take your pick, they go from 70%-80%.

Ah, forgot that it would include Catholics. I was subconsciously reading it as "Protestants". Still seemed high, but there it is. Thanks.

True, however, logically thinking that would be the least important thing on their mind when voting between Hillary and Cruz/Trump.

I know at least a few who are anti-Cruz specifically because of that. They would rather just stay home on election day than vote for a theocrat. They're Republicans and Christians, but they're small government types, and are completely disgusted by the religious right's overreach. They may be a minority but I doubt they're alone. The rabid fundamentalism is a real turnoff to the more moderate parts of the party membership, and he doesn't excite non-traditional voters the way Trump does.

Cruz has fought well so far, but he's not going to get the nomination, and that's a good thing from a "winning the election" perspective. Trump and Kasich both would have better odds in the general.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-19 21:43:07
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't say "a lot." I don't think he has picked up a major endorsement yet, nobody likes him and no one thinks he would be a good President. Put it this way, he hasn't picked up an endorsement that is going to help him win any of the remaining primaries.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-19 21:49:48
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

I wouldn't say "a lot." I don't think he has picked up a major endorsement yet, nobody likes him and no one thinks he would be a good President. Put it this way, he hasn't picked up an endorsement that is going to help him win any of the remaining primaries.
I don't know why/how/if endorsements really sway people at all, one would think people would have their own thoughts and opinions. "Oh, Christie like Trump? Well, I guess I do too." I just don't get it.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-19 21:57:46
Link | Citer | R

It depends on who is doing the endorsing. Lindsey Graham's endorsement of Cruz is pretty meaningless because the entire south is done and that is the only region that Graham has any sway, the rest of the country doesn't give a ***about him. It also doesn't help that he has gone on the record about his dislike for Cruz.
But say John McCain throws out an endorsement in the next couple of days before Arizona's primary, that could tilt the vote towards whoever he endorses. McCain has always been well liked in Arizona, even though he is facing a tough re-election bid this year, his endorsement would garner votes.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-19 22:02:07
Link | Citer | R

that could tilt the vote towards whoever he endorses.
Yes, but why?

I don't see much point in supporting someone else just because someone I like does....maybe in high school but that's usually to fit in and is much different.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-19 22:09:45
Link | Citer | R

Well at this point, its pretty late in the game and you should know all the candidates by now, but early on, especially this season, endorsements can serve as barometers for voters. But this season, I don't really think any endorsement has been a big deal for any of the candidates. I think Palin's endorsement of Trump stung Cruz because they are supposed to be best buds, and I know that Christie and Sessions took a lot of heat, and I mean a lot, for endorsing Trump. Those two could end up doing more damage to their careers while having little to no impact on the election.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-19 22:36:45
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
They're Republicans and Christians, but they're small government types, and are completely disgusted by the religious right's overreach.

What type of overreach would these people be so upset about to sit at home and watch another democrat win an election?

I have my reservations about Trump and Cruz. But Cruz pushing some type of religious overreach would be at the very bottom of my list, if it even made the cut at all.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-19 23:16:52
Link | Citer | R

What type of overreach would these people be so upset about to sit at home and watch another democrat win an election?

They believe, quite strongly, that until the weird marriage between the fundie types and the more traditional conservatives (small govt, fiscal restraint) is broken, the party will consistently be hamstrung on the national stage. If losing elections is what it takes, so be it. They were pissed when Mitt (who had been decidedly not-that-way in MA) lurched that direction in the presidential election.

Their belief is that abortion is to the right what guns are to the left; a distraction. It's (mostly) settled law, and it keeps people from focusing on the economy, which, if either party would take it seriously and fix it, would fix a lot of other problems.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-20 00:01:50
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »

I don't know why/how/if endorsements really sway people at all, one would think people would have their own thoughts and opinions. "Oh, Christie like Trump? Well, I guess I do too." I just don't get it.
it's more like, "well I was going to vote for A maybe but since he dropped out and supports B and hates C, I'll vote for B. it's almost like I did vote for you A, you beautiful ***."
Not really, I kinda liked Christie, I don't like Trump at all. Christie endorsed Trump. You'd think that would be political suicide.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-20 00:05:36
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Josiahkf said: »

it's more like, "well I was going to vote for A maybe but since he dropped out and supports B and hates C, I'll vote for B. it's almost like I did vote for you A, you beautiful ***."
Not really, I kinda liked Christie, I don't like Trump at all. Christie endorsed Trump. You'd think that would be political suicide.
I wasn't addressing your personal beliefs or who you personally support nerd!
I was acting as an example.
First Page 2 3 ... 1354 1355 1356 ... 1375 1376 1377