Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1353 1354 1355 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2016-03-17 17:22:33
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Bloodrose said: »
Better yet, each candidate should spend a winter in the great Canadian wilds of Saskatchewan, looking for those great rolling hills they claim to be known for...

And then fight to the death.
Nah. Each candidate needs to spend 6 months in a depressed town, where they must pay all expenses with income not to exceed minimum wage at 29 hour a week. Will give them a nice perspective to how the other half of the country survives.
And watch that not only do they survive, but also come out in a better position than those who actually live in those conditions.

Because we don't need to have the latest gadgets or vehicles to survive, but somehow those with the tricked out Mustangs tend to be below the poverty level.

Reminds me of my time living in Arizona and seeing some of the people there living in trailers, barely able to make ends meet... but gotta have that HD flat screen, brand new truck, and plenty of beer.

While your point as valid, let's try to bear in mind we don't exactly live in a culture that's kind to those who don't keep up with the Joneses, so to speak.

I'm not trying to validate bad behavior, but let's also not pretend that bad behavior isn't actively encouraged by an economy that thrives -- and, indeed, is near or at its peak -- on keeping people spending to the hilt and then some. There are people out there for whom their entire lives are dedicated precisely to parting fools from their money.

And as I think we can all agree, there are plenty of fools out there. And even if we have somewhat divergent opinions on who precisely those fools are, there's assured some overlap in the groups we finger as well.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2016-03-17 17:26:19
Link | Citer | R

If I ever have to save the world from lizard people, I'm sure as ***not doing it sober.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-17 17:28:41
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
If I ever have to save the world from lizard people, I'm sure as ***not doing it sober.

Awww.

That's adorable.

You think you can "save" the human race from the inevitable rise of our reptilian overlords.

Good for you, sport! That kind of go-getterness will make you a prime slave! You'll work extra hard for your portion of water!
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-17 17:39:30
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »

Awww.

That's adorable.

You think you can "save" the human race from the inevitable rise of our reptilian overlords.

Good for you, sport! That kind of go-getterness will make you a prime slave! You'll work extra hard for your portion of water!

One whole portion? Don't be silly.

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-03-17 17:40:31
Link | Citer | R

When you are at church.

Seems like they'd have an easier time convincing people with beer
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-03-17 18:01:37
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Of course, who needs food on the table when beer will do!
When does beer NOT do?
When you are at church.
When you are taking medicine.
When you are pregnant.
When you are healing from surgery and/or a serious illness.
When you are driving.
When you are about to drive.
When you are planning to drive somewhere.
When you are taking a test.
When you are studying for a test.
When you are at work.
When you are posting on a website, preferably FFXIAH.com.
When you are trying to remember something.
When you need to remember something.
When you are trying to save the world from aliens.
When you are trying to save the world from dogwomen.
When you are trying to save the world from the lizard people.
When you are fighting a war you believe in.
When you are fighting a war you don't believe in.
When you are jousting.
When you are making a diabolical plan to take over the world.
When you are sleeping.
When you are taking a shower.
When you are getting dressed for the day.
When you are filing out paperwork for a loan to get a new house.
When you are filing out paperwork for a loan other to get a new house.

Shall I go on?
The bolded are lies. You need beer at those times.

(just be responsible with drinking, and choosing the right beer)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-18 09:20:38
Link | Citer | R

Cats > dogs.

Catwomen are cute, dogwomen are stupid and sniffs their own ***.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-03-18 11:52:58
Link | Citer | R

One of the terrorists from the Paris attacks, Salah Abdeslam, has been shot and arrested after a raid in Brussels

Mohamed Belkaid who is believed to have helped him was shot and killed by a sniper. He apparently lived in Sweden for a time and then went to Syria via France, Spain, Germany and then crossed the Turkish border in 2014. It's unclear at this time when he came back to Europe and started living in Belgium.

Someone with Belkaid's name, age, and nationality is supposed to have an apartment in Stockholm but does not live there, according to the man who currently lives in the apartment.

People who knew him didn't think he was especially religious
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-18 12:38:39
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Bloodrose said: »
Better yet, each candidate should spend a winter in the great Canadian wilds of Saskatchewan, looking for those great rolling hills they claim to be known for...

And then fight to the death.
Nah. Each candidate needs to spend 6 months in a depressed town, where they must pay all expenses with income not to exceed minimum wage at 29 hour a week. Will give them a nice perspective to how the other half of the country survives.
And watch that not only do they survive, but also come out in a better position than those who actually live in those conditions.

Because we don't need to have the latest gadgets or vehicles to survive, but somehow those with the tricked out Mustangs tend to be below the poverty level.

We had a local Congressman try living in a project for a month on minimum wage. He couldn't last the entire month before tapping out, citing it was causing him to feel depressed and unhealthy.

Hilarious.

Quote:
Reminds me of my time living in Arizona and seeing some of the people there living in trailers, barely able to make ends meet... but gotta have that HD flat screen, brand new truck, and plenty of beer.

Textbook self-medicating. At that income level your life is ***, everyone around you is 90% ***and with little in the way of prospects to advance, most people fall into a death spiral of debt, alcoholism, drug use and eventually the spectacular finale as something gives out.

Is that a good way to live? No. But it's why half of America is awash in drugs and crippling debt.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-18 13:36:23
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
We had a local Congressman try living in a project for a month on minimum wage. He couldn't last the entire month before tapping out, citing it was causing him to feel depressed and unhealthy.

Hilarious.
Bolded for your problem.

Like Congressmen can do anything on their own. Why do you think we elect them in the first place? To do work? Or for their own protection?
By Altimaomega 2016-03-18 18:51:13
Link | Citer | R

Oh, wow.. Something we can agree on.
Is that a good way to live? No. But it's why half of America is awash in drugs and crippling debt.

So should we hand these people more "free" money by taking away from the successful(Bernie/Clinton)? Or try and bring some good paying jobs back from overseas, while also making business owners less burdened by massive government B.S. so they are more inclined to hire more people(Trump/Cruz)?

You said it yourself.

Textbook self-medicating. At that income level your life is ***, everyone around you is 90% ***and with little in the way of prospects to advance, most people fall into a death spiral of debt, alcoholism, drug use and eventually the spectacular finale as something gives out.

Unless you're willing to pony up and raise entitlements to somehow equal 50-70k a year so these people have a chance to "advance" and make something of themselves, the death spiral will never end.

Cause you know, it's free money why not right?
By Enuyasha 2016-03-18 19:24:37
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »
Oh, wow.. Something we can agree on.

So should we hand these people more "free" money by taking away from the successful(Bernie/Clinton)? Or try and bring some good paying jobs back from overseas, while also making business owners less burdened by massive government B.S. so they are more inclined to hire more people(Trump/Cruz)?

You said it yourself.
If you think Trump or Cruz are going to end overseas labor abuse you are very delusional.

Unless you're willing to pony up and raise entitlements to somehow equal 50-70k a year so these people have a chance to "advance" and make something of themselves, the death spiral will never end.

Cause you know, it's free money why not right?

The plague of Welfare Queens is a myth, yes it happens, no its not everyone under welfare. There are actual people that work and work multiple jobs receiving EBT, SNAP, and checks from the government. The problem youre addressing is easily fixed with better enforcement, not ripping the program out so the country bleeds to death without the poor.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-03-18 20:35:28
Link | Citer | R

Give them all free college so we can flood the market with more degrees of women lit, sand-script and 50 other worthless degrees that you will never get a job with in the workforce. At some point these kids have to take some common sense approaches to common sense scenarios. Not many people appreciate things given to them for free. I know I would rather work for it.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-18 20:36:16
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »
If you think Trump or Cruz are going to end overseas labor abuse you are very delusional.

Read what I said. I never said anything remotely akin to this.

The plague of Welfare Queens is a myth, yes it happens, no its not everyone under welfare. There are actual people that work and work multiple jobs receiving EBT, SNAP, and checks from the government. The problem youre addressing is easily fixed with better enforcement, not ripping the program out so the country bleeds to death without the poor.

Again, Reading comprehension would help you out a lot here. Nowhere did I say anything about ripping anything out. I said More. Exactly what Clinton and Bernie are running on.

When you can actually have a discussion without massively inflating anything I say to suit your agenda, i'll be here.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-18 20:57:50
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
Give them all free college so we can flood the market with more degrees of women lit, sand-script and 50 other worthless degrees that you will never get a job with in the workforce. At some point these kids have to take some common sense approaches to common sense scenarios. Not many people appreciate things given to them for free. I know I would rather work for it.
What makes you think everyone wants a women's lit degree or whatever presumably useless degree you need to make up in order to fit the argument?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-03-18 20:58:35
Link | Citer | R

This week was intense here in Brasil.
Its like a roller coaster. Everyday a new scandal, a new shame then a new hope we can trust in the institutions.
Im sure someday in the future everything we brasilians are facing will become a great book. And that book will be a reference everytime those bandits try to destroy the democracy through corruption.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-03-18 21:01:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
What makes you think everyone wants a women's lit degree or whatever presumably useless degree you need to make up in order to fit the argument?

http://www.university.com/most_useless_degrees/?areaOfStudy=3

I will give you the fact that this data was from school year 2008-2009 but same difference. Hundreds of thousands.

ninja edit: actual pages Miner-Rubino, K. & Jayaratne, T.E. (2007). Feminist survey research. In Hesse-Biber, S.N. & Leavy, P.L. (Eds.), Feminist Research Practice (pp. 293–325). CA: Sage Publications.

ninja edit2: granted this is holy taco its a new site that spins a little humor into facts. http://www.holytaco.com/the-10-most-worthless-college-majors/

That would be kin to full timing DRK, sure its fun but it is not gonna get you on anyones team.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-19 07:23:50
Link | Citer | R

That article was neither funny nor correct.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-19 08:13:05
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

most kids don't know what the hell they want

and the people selling them classes need to fill the seats.

the end
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-19 08:16:26
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
That article was neither funny

maybe if you had never heard those jokes about lousy degree=job at a coffee shop?

Idk.... it could have been written a lot better.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-19 10:35:00
Link | Citer | R

Just in case any other than I and our Brazilian posters are following the scandal scandals in Brazil:

Brazilian Court Blocks Cabinet Post for Lula

VoA

Background:

Both the current and former presidents of Brazil are under investigation for a bribery and corruption scandal. Current President Dilma Rousseff gave former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva a cabinet office which would have effectively given him immunity. Various levels of the court system have blocked and upheld the appointment.

We are looking at over $2 billion US in bribes. To put that in perspective I don't think all spending on this US presidential election will get past $1b.
By Enuyasha 2016-03-19 12:03:18
Link | Citer | R

Read what I said. I never said anything remotely akin to this.

Again, Reading comprehension would help you out a lot here. Nowhere did I say anything about ripping anything out. I said More. Exactly what Clinton and Bernie are running on.

When you can actually have a discussion without massively inflating anything I say to suit your agenda, i'll be here.
You actually did, that was the point of your comparison. You insinuated that somehow Trump and/or Cruz believe in doing what you said which includes what i argued.

You also inferred that people want "Free money" when basically the working class (eg: a large portion of people on welfare) only want to get off of it but cant because the jobs they have arent enough to pay the bills and even going to school in a "Transitional job" would lead to more debt under the current situation. So, how are people who want to get out of poverty supposed to if they are pulling on the bootstraps and receiving assistance? They more than likely wont because upward mobility is next to a fairy tale for certain income brackets.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-19 14:32:50
Link | Citer | R

You also inferred that people want "Free money"

You must be new here...

More proof you cannot read.
So, how are people who want to get out of poverty supposed to if they are pulling on the bootstraps and receiving assistance?
Or try and bring some good paying jobs back from overseas, while also making business owners less burdened by massive government B.S. so they are more inclined to hire more people(Trump/Cruz)?

Again,
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-03-19 14:45:29
Link | Citer | R

Do you seriously think that the majority of the poor vote democrat because they think democrats are going to get them out of the hole? hahahahaha

With talking points like extending/getting rid of welfare time limits and increasing benefits you have to be totally insane to think that democrats are doing anything but pandering to the poor vote.

tl/dr: democrats want poor people to stay poor, when you rely on your government for everything your less likely to question such.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-19 14:56:00
Link | Citer | R

Do you seriously think that the majority of the poor vote democrat because they think democrats are going to get them out of the hole? hahahahaha

The hilarious part is they actually do believe it and have for the past 50 some years. All while Obama has been the best President ever for the top 1%. You can't tell them this though because Republicans are evil you know..

Meanwhile.. Anti-Trump Democrats are chaining themselves to cars and throwing rocks at Trump rally attendees because something.. something... tolerance and understanding.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-19 15:12:00
Link | Citer | R

Do you seriously think that the majority of the poor vote democrat because they think democrats are going to get them out of the hole? hahahahaha.
No. They vote Democrat because they know the Republicans are looking out for the0.1% and will cheerfuly burry them alive to do so.

Or they vote Republican 'cause abortion, guns, comunists, ect.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-19 15:16:31
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Do you seriously think that the majority of the poor vote democrat because they think democrats are going to get them out of the hole? hahahahaha.
No. They vote Democrat because they know the Republicans are looking out for the0.1% and will cheerfuly burry them alive to do so.

Or they vote Republican 'cause abortion, guns, comunists, ect.

You'll have to explain to me why Democrats are voting for the candidate backed by Goldman Sachs then. The 0.1% doesn't funnel money into candidates that they think won't look out for them.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-19 15:21:45
Link | Citer | R

You'll have to explain to me why Democrats are voting for the candidate backed by Goldman Sachs then. The 0.1% doesn't funnel money into candidates that they think won't look out for them.
The Democrats occasionally do good things for the poor and middle class. The Republicans do nothing positive for them ever.

Look at it this way. You have to pat a dog. There are two dogs. One is almost sure to bite you. The other might bite you, might play with you, or might ignore you and go to sleep.

Which one do you try to pat?

Edit: Do you think that Democratic voters haven't noticed the total inaction of the Obama administration on criminal bankers?
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-19 15:23:10
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
The Democrats occasionally do good things for the poor and middle class. The Republicans do nothing positive for them ever.

Look at it this way. You have to pat a dog. There are two dogs. One is almost sure to bite you. The other might bite you, might play with you, or might ignore you and go to sleep.

Which one do you try to pat?

I get a cat, we feel the bern together.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1353 1354 1355 ... 1375 1376 1377