Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1350 1351 1352 ... 1375 1376 1377
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-16 18:35:25
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
I'm sure you were...

/rollseyes

I want my 50 bones.

Seriously, if Aman is going to make a bunch of promises for free money that he has no intentions of keeping, I'm just going to start calling him a Democrat and be done with it.

YOUR TRUE COLORS SHINE THROUGH, SIR AND/OR MA'AM
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-03-16 18:39:14
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
I'm sure you were...

/rollseyes

I want my 50 bones.

Seriously, if Aman is going to make a bunch of promises for free money that he has no intentions of keeping, I'm just going to start calling him a Democrat and be done with it.

When 2020 comes around, he'll pull a Grimsby, and claim it was 200016.
By Artemicion 2016-03-16 19:06:13
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

I want my $50.00.

I was talking about 2020. herp.

Breathtakingly weak.

You might even say it was.... low energy.

Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-03-16 19:22:51
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure you were...

/rollseyes

I want my 50 bones.

He pulled a Bernie on ya:

Yeah you have $50 but this guy over here has $0 so we're just gonna take and give it to him.
Serveur: Excalibur
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-03-16 19:23:47
Link | Citer | R

THATS NOT HOW THAT WORKS
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-03-16 19:28:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »

Yeah you have $50 but this guy over here has $0 so we're just gonna take and give it to him.

Can't believe people actually think this way lol
[+]
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-03-16 19:31:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

It's our garbage *** education system.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2016-03-16 22:04:28
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

It's our garbage *** education system.
Also, peoples inability to form solid infallible arguments. Why put in effort when you can just say NUHUH and add a fallacy/fallacious infographic and automatically be declared the victor when your opponent saves their breath and moves on.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-16 22:38:44
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »
Why put in effort when you can just say NUHUH and add a fallacy/fallacious infographic and automatically be declared the victor when your opponent saves their breath and moves on.

I personally enjoy it when people pick at grammar and spelling, rather than the topic at hand.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-17 06:58:59
Link | Citer | R

Trump president among the top 10 global risks
By Ramyrez 2016-03-17 07:13:06
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to say this is serious hyperbole, but I'm only like...80% sure of that. Need to find more coffee to shove in my face.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-17 08:27:54
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

I'd like to say this is serious hyperbole, but I'm only like...80% sure of that. Need to find more coffee to shove in my face.

Seeing as how pretty much everything said about Trump is hyperbole, 80% seems like a safe bet.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-17 08:40:31
Link | Citer | R

Look, even I find myself asking if Trump as president would really be as bad as I think it would be. The answer is probably "no."

I mean, worst case, yes, he starts WW3, etc., etc., but you can say that about a lot of world leaders over which we have no sway in this country.

It's just...so slimy. So gross. So...it's Donald *** Trump. I feel like not enough people remember/are aware of how sleezy this guy is. Maybe not enough people that are supporting him were either 1) alive/aware in the 80s and early 90s or 2) they were doing so much blow and ludes that they just don't remember.

He's like if a Hooter's restaurant became a living person. There's just nothing to like about him. He's not even good for the trashy stuff he's supposed to be good for, everyone just still goes there because...reasons.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-17 08:49:41
Link | Citer | R

Look, even I find myself asking if Trump as president would really be as bad as I think it would be. The answer is probably "no."

I mean, worst case, yes, he starts WW3, etc., etc., but you can say that about a lot of world leaders over which we have no sway in this country.

It's just...so slimy. So gross. So...it's Donald *** Trump. I feel like not enough people remember/are aware of how sleezy this guy is. Maybe not enough people that are supporting him were either 1) alive/aware in the 80s and early 90s or 2) they were doing so much blow and ludes that they just don't remember.

He's like if a Hooter's restaurant became a living person. There's just nothing to like about him. He's not even good for the trashy stuff he's supposed to be good for, everyone just still goes there because...reasons.

It just pains me when even the supposedly educated people focus on this painted caricature of Donald Trump and say outrageously hyperbolic statements about him. Obviously a larger-than-life persona is what he's going for, but the guy has been in the public eye for decades. If the best someone can do is extrapolate and take things out of context that he has said since he started running for president, they're not trying very hard.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-17 08:52:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
If the best someone can do is extrapolate and take things out of context that he has said since he started running for president, they're not trying very hard.
That's pretty much all they can do.

It's not like he has ever held a public office before, so he has no political record.

Can't exactly use his business record against him, because government is not a business (too much ineptitude, inefficiencies, and corruption among even the staff level employees).

So, they make articles like that to scare people into not voting for him and/or (at worst) try to assassinate him before he is elected. Because....reasons.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-17 08:56:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If the best someone can do is extrapolate and take things out of context that he has said since he started running for president, they're not trying very hard.
That's pretty much all they can do.

It's not like he has ever held a public office before, so he has no political record.

Can't exactly use his business record against him, because government is not a business (too much ineptitude, inefficiencies, and corruption among even the staff level employees).

So, they make articles like that to scare people into not voting for him and/or (at worst) try to assassinate him before he is elected. Because....reasons.

That's fair, I guess. I never expected a lot of journalistic integrity (especially during an election year), but holy crap. If all it took to get a prominent job in journalism was being a complete hack, maybe I should have taken on that career.
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-17 08:57:29
Link | Citer | R

The rise of Trump is almost completely a result of the failures of the professional political class.

The average Trump supporter, the people who his bombastic, racist populism speaks to the most? These are people who have seen their share of the pie shrink over the last 5, 10, 20 years. Whether it's been because of economic reasons, or because other groups aren't as marginalized as they were, their life isn't as good as it's been, and he's the only one who's told them that it's okay to be angry. Not "let's help you", or whatever, just: "Hell yeah, you're right to be mad!"

The political class has failed them in terms of policy, as their lives continue to get worse, and it's failed them in terms of empathy. Everyone seems to talk about how angry Trump voters are, but they've been this angry for a while. He's just the first candidate of any stature to actually pay attention to them, and for that, they will follow him all the way to the White House, if they can.

He doesn't need specific plans. He doesn't need anything resembling a viable policy proposal. He's given them the first piece of validation from the aristocracy that they've had in a while, and that's better than anyone else has done.

(Also, the media giving him incessant coverage has not hurt him. Trump's demographics don't trust the media anyway, so he gets the exposure without any of the negative effects of the things he says. "More media lies about a good man", is the thought)
[+]
By Artemicion 2016-03-17 09:10:55
Link | Citer | R

The rise of Trump is almost completely a result of the failures of the professional political class.

The average Trump supporter, the people who his bombastic, racist populism speaks to the most? These are people who have seen their share of the pie shrink over the last 5, 10, 20 years. Whether it's been because of economic reasons, or because other groups aren't as marginalized as they were, their life isn't as good as it's been, and he's the only one who's told them that it's okay to be angry. Not "let's help you", or whatever, just: "Hell yeah, you're right to be mad!"

The political class has failed them in terms of policy, as their lives continue to get worse, and it's failed them in terms of empathy. Everyone seems to talk about how angry Trump voters are, but they've been this angry for a while. He's just the first candidate of any stature to actually pay attention to them, and for that, they will follow him all the way to the White House, if they can.

He doesn't need specific plans. He doesn't need anything resembling a viable policy proposal. He's given them the first piece of validation from the aristocracy that they've had in a while, and that's better than anyone else has done.

(Also, the media giving him incessant coverage has not hurt him. Trump's demographics don't trust the media anyway, so he gets the exposure without any of the negative effects of the things he says. "More media lies about a good man", is the thought)

The thing is though, regardless of who campaigns and what lofty promises they make, many forget how quickly such ambitions get muted by the nuances of political process and just reality itself.

Frankly that's been the case for many years, and I'm quite pessimistic about this whole "shaking up the status quo" as so many seem to feel Trump is capable of.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-17 09:13:28
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
Frankly that's been the case for many years, and I'm quite pessimistic about this whole "shaking up the status quo" as so many seem to feel Trump is capable of.

In other words:

Hope and Change Pretty much the same stuff, with a few things in there to tick off the majority of Americans.

Make America Great Again Pretty much the same stuff, with a few things in there to tick off the majority of Americans.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-17 09:13:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

This is actually a pretty big mark against him for me. The man has never been so much as a school board member. We've seen how well unilateral presidential actions go over with the opposing party.

What I'd like more than anything is a president and congress willing to actually *** compromise on something and get things done.

Which is one of Sanders pluses, honestly, even if you don't like his policies. He has many favorable reviews from opposing legislators on his ability to compromise and actually get working legislation passed.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-17 09:15:34
Link | Citer | R

If all it took to get a prominent job in journalism was being a complete hack, maybe I should have taken on that career.

You may be unclear on how little even prominent jobs in journalism pay.

Real journalism, anyhow.

Broadcast journalism has always just been a dog and pony show. Cronkite just had it a lot easier in his day and could act dignified.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-17 09:22:48
Link | Citer | R

I mean, worst case, yes, he starts WW3

WW3 IS GOING TO BE YUGE! BETTER THAN THE FIRST TWO COMBINED!

We'll end global terrorism, global overpopulation and destroy all the oil fields with bombs which will also solve global warming...

then, we'll build a wall around the middle east, we'll get the mexicans to pay for it and boom ...second term for your old buddy the trumpster
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-17 09:24:23
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
WW3 IS GOING TO BE YUGE!
Indeed.
By Ramyrez 2016-03-17 09:24:31
Link | Citer | R

You know what worries me?

Truly?

There are people that legit feel this way. Straight-faced, completely serious. They've been fed a steady stream of the "Greatest Generation" (seriously, die choking in a ***, Brokaw) and they truly feel they need their own Great War to set the world back on the right track.

Sensationalizing the past without acknowledging its flaws is a major problem in this country.
[+]
By Artemicion 2016-03-17 09:29:07
Link | Citer | R

Truly?

There are people that legit feel this way. Straight-faced, completely serious. They've been fed a steady stream of the "Greatest Generation" (seriously, die choking in a ***, Brokaw) and they truly feel they need their own Great War to set the world back on the right track.

Sensationalizing the past without acknowledging its flaws is a major problem in this country.

That's why I never understood Trump's "Make America Great Again" campaign slogan. Under what specific era or time period, in your sun shining, bright smile, cup of joe way was America "great"? What exactly are we aiming to go back to? Cause there's not a single era or generation where we were we weren't either under severe financial distress, massive prejudice of minority groups, or outright at war.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-17 09:29:15
Link | Citer | R

I kinda wonder if Kim-Jong Un is afraid, at all of a Trump presidency? I wouldn't put it past Trump to just drop a nuke on North Korea then make them pay for it.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-17 09:30:24
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
massive prejudice of minority groups,
This era, from the sounds of it.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-17 09:30:31
Link | Citer | R

everything worries you because you're worrywart and an old fuddy~duddy...

/fretting helen lovejoy voice

oh noes the big mean trump is gunna to kill all the childrens

and I see your "takes one to know one" and raise you an UP YOURS FATTY!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-17 09:30:40
Link | Citer | R

Truly?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Artemicion 2016-03-17 09:30:47
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
I kinda wonder if Kim-Jong Un is afraid, at all of a Trump presidency? I wouldn't put it past Trump to just drop a nuke on North Korea then make them pay for it.

I see Trump and North Korea going down similar to how Joel and Norway did.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1350 1351 1352 ... 1375 1376 1377