Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-12 15:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
They can't sell their ideas either, they have to lie about their positions and smear the opposition in order to win. Last Tuesday was a huge victory, but Obama's spent the last week doubling down on the tactics with China/global warming, net neutrality, and immigration.

Talking about tactics, are you all dead of Ebola? Oh right, it was "luck" :)

Phew, glad we changed the subject to Ebola. Obama was looking pretty bad there for a moment.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-12 15:11:37
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Ever heard of the saying: "Give a man a fish, he'll vote for you. Teach a man to fish, and he'll no longer have a reason to."

Love it.. Stealing it.
Idk about you but I'd still vote for someone who was able to provide for me the tools I needed to become self sustaining. Someone who realizes that its better to help someone out by giving them skills then keep them dangling on the hook...

I don't think you understand.. Or you're just trolling.
Either/Or you fail.
The concept you're trying to convert this saying for doesn't play out well...

You're hoping that it plays out like, "oh if you keep handing me welfare I'll keep voting for you because I need that welfare!" but if you give a person job skills so that he can succeed on his own then he will no longer have a reason to vote for you... I'd say he's given you something much more important in that case and is even more of a reason to vote for him.

In either case you don't really have to vote for him but both cases are beneficial to the person that's voting so...

Typical reply from you though... not able to even understand what someone said or respond in a way that might make you sound intelligent and explain what you meant. just hur hur you stupid troll/fail!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-12 15:12:03
Link | Citer | R

If you like your ISP, you can keep your ISP.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-12 15:12:05
Link | Citer | R

Environmental concerns, Net Neutrality and immigration = bad.

Sure!

The way he's handling them? Yes.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 15:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Ever heard of the saying: "Give a man a fish, he'll vote for you. Teach a man to fish, and he'll no longer have a reason to."

Love it.. Stealing it.
Idk about you but I'd still vote for someone who was able to provide for me the tools I needed to become self sustaining. Someone who realizes that its better to help someone out by giving them skills then keep them dangling on the hook...

I don't think you understand.. Or you're just trolling.
Either/Or you fail.
It's Flavin. 99% of the time he's just trolling.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 15:17:48
Link | Citer | R

If all ISP's charge you extra to access youtube, facebook, netflix or such, can't stop them.
You know for a fact that all ISPs are charging extra to access specific parts of the internet? Can you prove it?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-12 15:19:08
Link | Citer | R

If all ISP's charge you extra to access youtube, facebook, netflix or such, can't stop them.

Yes you can! You can go to another ISP!

If the government decides to take it over, because of the "greater good of the collective", where you gonna go?

The monopoly argument is horseshit. the only thing worse than a corporate monopoly where you can choose between a few suppliers is a government monopoly where you can only choose from one. You know why there are many industries that are so top heavy? Because government (over)regulations are so expensive to follow that they squeeze out the small businesses.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 15:20:33
Link | Citer | R

If the government decides to take it over, because of the greater good of the collective, where you gonna go?

The monopoly argument is horseshit. the only thing worse than a corporate monopoly where you can choose between a few suppliers is a government monopoly where you can only choose from one. You know why there are many industries that are so top heavy? Because government (over)regulations are so expensive to follow that they squeeze out the small businesses.
I'm sure that people will blame big business for that too.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-12 15:21:04
Link | Citer | R

You know for a fact that all ISPs are charging extra to access specific parts of the internet? Can you prove it?

What's going to stop them from making plans restricting internet access to certain websites unless you pay X amount? Or restricting internet access to competitors websites?

Competition of the free market! When people offer inferior products they go out of business.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 15:21:44
Link | Citer | R

What's going to stop them from making plans restricting internet access to certain websites unless you pay X amount?
Competition.

Or restricting internet access to competitors websites?
United States Commercial Code. I'm sure you heard of it before.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-12 15:24:34
Link | Citer | R

Competition of the free market! When people offer inferior products they go out of business.

So why are the prices so high and the technology so outdated in America?

Because regulation has made the start-up costs for entering the marketplace so high that it has artificially choked potential supply?
By Jetackuu 2014-11-12 15:24:36
Link | Citer | R

If the government decides to take it over, because of the "greater good of the collective", where you gonna go?

Oh look, the conservative delusion, there it is folks.

You cannot just up and go to another ISP currently, there's either monopolies or duopolies in place, of which usually the second is way worse, if even available at your house.

Nobody is suggesting that they make ISPs public, however I am a fan of making the infrastructure public, and having the private companies run their services on it (or forced sharing of lines, which used to be in place). But your over regulation nonsense is just a bad joke, and the recession a few years ago is a good reason as to why, under regulation allowed that, but go on with your mantra, do you carry a Reagan autobiography everywhere you go too?
By Jetackuu 2014-11-12 15:25:00
Link | Citer | R

Because regulation has made the start-up costs for entering the marketplace so high that it has artificially choked potential supply?
Citationneeded.jpg

Real reason: the big companies buy out the smaller ones once they get going and are a threat to their market share, as apparently we don't follow anti-monopoly laws anymore.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 15:26:08
Link | Citer | R

Because people are paying those prices and the technology is currently being replaced (abet slowly).

If you are going to compare Germany (137k sq. miles) vs. USA (3,806k sq. miles), and the time it takes to replace all the cables to speed up internet speed (along with other issues like usage during peak hours ), of course Germany will look like it's doing better than the US in terms of speed and technology.

I'm sure that you will have another excuse.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-12 15:26:40
Link | Citer | R

What's going to stop them from making plans restricting internet access to certain websites unless you pay X amount? Or restricting internet access to competitors websites?

Apparently the concept of monopoly escapes you.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-12 15:28:31
Link | Citer | R

You're joking right? Obama wants the FCC to reclassify the internet as a public utility, for the very specific reason of being able to more tightly regulate it.

Oh look, Jets answer is more control (again). Just move along, will you?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-12 15:29:18
Link | Citer | R

you're joking right? Obama wants the FCC to rereclassify the internet as a public utility, for the very specific reason of being able to more tightly regulate it.

It's what it should be anyway as that is what it is, I don't care what he wants to do with it. Also fixed the bold for you.

Edit: I still find it hilarious that you guys don't understand that crack I made about how to stop the obesity epidemic was being facetious, I wasn't advocating anything, so no, nothing about control.

But in this case I'm not advocating for more control over anything, but shifting the control to the FCC instead of the ISPs, as well they're both pretty bad, but I'll take the FCC evil over the ISP corporate evil any day of the week.

I'll move along when you get over your delusions of regulation= the end of the world kick, which isn't going to happen, so.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 15:32:42
Link | Citer | R

Wait, Jet wants to classify an open-source international commodity as part of the US infrastructure?

Think that will go well with the rest of the world?
By Jetackuu 2014-11-12 15:33:29
Link | Citer | R

Wait, Jet wants to classify an open-source international commodity as part of the US infrastructure?

ISPs, basically our connection to the internet, not the actual internet.

But to be fair: we did make it.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-12 15:35:10
Link | Citer | R

Regulation increases costs, increasing costs strangle free markets. Strangled markets lead to less competition, less competition leads to less choice and higher prices.

It's a very simple cause and effect relationship.

If you want Comcast to have less power of the market that they dominate, you need to make it easier for competition to exist.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-12 15:36:55
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

Pretty sure you had absolutely zero part in making the internet. That was Al Gore wasn't it?

=D
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-12 15:39:24
Link | Citer | R

Regulation increases costs, increasing costs strangle free markets. Strangled markets lead to less competition, less competition leads to less choice and higher prices.

It's a very simple cause and effect relationship.

If you want Comcast to have less power of the market that they dominate, you need to make it easier for competition to exist.

1. not always
2. again not always
3. companies buying out everyone under the sun due to a lack of regulation against it lead to even less competition.

4. I'll agree there.

It's not so simple, as your premises are off, regulation isn't always an increase in cost, that's your trickle-down mantra kicking in again.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 15:39:56
Link | Citer | R

ISPs are not part of the government, they are private businesses.

The only thing the government can regulate is the internet, and that's an international commodity.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-12 15:40:07
Link | Citer | R

Right, need to stop their monopoly over the markets they effectively own, bust'em up.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 15:40:28
Link | Citer | R

It's not so simple, as your premises are off, regulation isn't always an increase in cost, that's your trickle-down mantra kicking in again.
Name one regulation that doesn't increase costs.

Oh wait, that's research. You don't back up your claims, so, you will accuse me of having lack of reading comprehension again.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-12 15:40:44
Link | Citer | R

ISPs are not part of the government, they are private businesses.

The only thing the government can regulate is the internet, and that's an international commodity.

They can regulate ISP's and they have done it before, just wait.
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 1375 1376 1377