Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1342 1343 1344 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-14 16:31:39
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I still don't think a lot of you even understand what free speech entitles you to here in America...

There is no more misunderstood or wrongly-invoked idea in America.
Global Warming.

/drops mic.

When idiot 19 year olds are invoking global warming for why they should be allowed to say stupid things without consequence, maybe you have a case

Til then? Objection overruled, counselor
You are right, I should have said Occupy Wall Street. Or Sovereign Citizen.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-14 16:38:39
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I still don't think a lot of you even understand what free speech entitles you to here in America...

There is no more misunderstood or wrongly-invoked idea in America.

FREE SPEECH.

An AMERICAN RIGHT which protects me from the rules of tyrannical private websites like this one. Cower in fear mortal mods, for you stand before an AMERICAN CITIZEN. Any attempts to touch me is a declaration of WAR against AMERICA. Your political correctness does not TRUMP my SPEECH.

P.S - Don't ban tase me bro.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-14 16:41:26
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-14 16:45:40
Link | Citer | R

Protesting Trump =/= Sanders or Clinton supporter. You can dislike Trump and still dislike Democratic candidates. Or be apathetic towards politics entirely.

Is going to a Trump rally with a 'Dump Trump' T-Shirt an invitation to get savagely beaten? According to Trump, yes.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-14 16:45:48
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
It's a matter of keeping companies from employing foreign labor for pennies and using tax havens.
Any attempt to try to "control" foreign labor is considered illegal under international law. The US government cannot dictate what a foreign company pays foreign workers.
You misunderstand; it's not a matter of enforcing restrictions, it's about taking away incentives.

But let me tell you a little something you probably don't know: France's tax rate is 100% tax on any income over 1 million euros. You know what that does to the economy? Certainly doesn't spur investment, it drove a lot of people out of the country. Especially those who could invest into French companies. It also contributed (not the cause, but contribution to) the 10+% unemployment rate in France since that law was put into place. Not exactly something to be proud of. Spain's worse, but for other reasons.
I don't think anyone would agree that a 100% tax is wise, and hey, guess what, nobody is suggesting increases like that. The highest rates under Bernie's plan is 52% for income over $10 million (jumping from the current 39.6%).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-14 16:48:56
Link | Citer | R

You misunderstand; it's not a matter of enforcing restrictions, it's about taking away incentives.
What incentives?

I don't think anyone would agree that a 100% tax is wise, and hey, guess what, nobody is suggesting increases like that. The highest rates under Bernie's plan is 52% for income over $10 million (jumping from the current 39.6%).
To be honest, I don't consider Sanders to be electable at all. So I honestly don't pay attention to his "tax plans."

If he really proposed a 52% tax rate, even for those making $10+ million dollars, all he will get is people investing more in foreign countries. Foreign tax credits for all!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-14 16:50:24
Link | Citer | R

Global warming: a matter of worldwide importance, that is somehow controversial only in America.

It's especially appalling that it's protested against by random citizens who have no oil investment and are somehow threatened by the idea of a cleaner planet.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-14 17:14:33
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Is going to a Trump rally with a 'Dump Trump' T-Shirt an invitation to get savagely beaten? According to Trump, yes.

I'm going to have to agree with the donald on this one....put them up against the wall!!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-14 17:16:02
Link | Citer | R

Crucified in sequence to the wall with an arm up pointing in the direction of the closest Walmart.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-14 17:21:23
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
somehow threatened by the idea of a cleaner planet.

/clings to his precious lump of coal and hisses

you don't understand!! they're trying to take our coal fired pizza ovens away!

what do you want us to do!? eat deep dish!? like flavin!?

you're a monster!
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-14 17:22:13
Link | Citer | R

Global warming: a matter of worldwide importance, that is somehow controversial only in America.

It's especially appalling that it's protested against by random citizens who have no oil investment and are somehow threatened by the idea of a cleaner planet.
Kinda like Manbearpig. I bet half these fools here are pro-Manbearpig.
By Bloodrose 2016-03-14 17:35:03
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »

Kinda like Manbearpig. I bet half these fools here are pro-Manbearpig.
If you're not Pro-manbearpig, you're anti-American!
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-03-14 18:34:58
Link | Citer | R

I do not think that is it at all. I believe in global warming as a natural event. The earth has warmed and cooled for millions of years. Do I think the carbon is having a rushed effect, yes I do. My argument to all about it is what good does it do to cut down our carbon emissions when countries like China, India, Russia actually most of Asia, is increasing theirs? We are not the top polluter in the world. That's like the world puts up a bucket of polluted water and we bust our *** and lose jobs etc to put 1 drop of nice clean filtered water in the bucket, would you still drink out of it? One country cannot end all the worlds pollution problems and no one is following in our footsteps.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-14 18:46:01
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
no one is following in our footsteps
Japan will reduce emissions by 26% within the next 15 years(and tbf they also had the nuclear crisis)
Canada 30% within the next 15 years
Russia 30% within the next 15 years
European Union 40% within the next 15 years
Brazil invests heavily in renewable energy too

China and India are the only ones who made no plans. I am not sure if the latter can do much about it tbh, but the former we can only hope gets swayed by the massive health hazard that has become their country.

So yeah, it's not about following the US when many countries already made plans for this. Sometimes you need to look at those ahead of you, not behind.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-03-14 18:47:52
Link | Citer | R

no one is following in our footsteps
Japan will reduce emissions by 26% within the next 15 years(and tbf they also had the nuclear crisis)
Canada 30% within the next 15 years
Russia 30% within the next 15 years
European Union 40% within the next 15 years
Brazil invests heavily in renewable energy too

China and India are the only ones who made no plans. I am not sure if the latter can do much about it tbh, but the former we can only hope gets swayed by the massive health hazard that has become their country.

So yeah, it's not about following the US when many countries already made plans for this. Sometimes you need to look at those ahead of you, not behind.

We will see in 15 years I guess.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-14 18:50:36
Link | Citer | R

Well of course it's a long term plan. You can't just cut all of it one morning, it has to be a gradual switch from black to green. I've been saying it in every topic about this that we need a gradual transition, but it does have to happen.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-14 19:03:41
Link | Citer | R

Anyway in random war news Putin is pulling out the ground troops claiming all objectives in Syria have been met(?); meanwhile Turkey sent airstrikes over Iraq and tanks on the syrian border, as usual against the kurds. Sounds like an ethnic cleansing like in the 90s.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Serveur: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-03-14 19:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Guy rushes Trump's stage at his event, and is of course tackled away by the secret service.

CNN give him an interview! When did we start giving these people TV interviews (the hypocrisy is gargantuan)?

In the interview the guy calls Trump a bully and admits was trying to stop his event.

Free speech does not entitle you to prevent someone else from speaking. Where does the rational for this "safe space" garbage come from?
And yet Trump is the one who wants to change libel laws so he can sue papers and networks who say bad things about him. That sounds a lot like a thin skinned guy who wants a safe space.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-14 20:38:39
Link | Citer | R

Russia to withdraw forces from Syria

Yeah it looks like Putin is giving up on Assad.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-14 20:40:59
Link | Citer | R

Or he is going to stop spending money on some foreign affair and concentrate more on his own country.

Wish we could do the same.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-14 20:42:55
Link | Citer | R

Must be nice to go in, blow things up, then leave.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-14 20:49:55
Link | Citer | R

Luxury of not being a world power.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-14 20:53:42
Link | Citer | R

Vic doesn't think Russia is a world power?

Man, somebody wake him up, he's dreaming again!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-14 21:02:25
Link | Citer | R

Thanks to them showing how incapable their military is and the state of their economy, no one needs to worry about Russia for the foreseeable future.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2016-03-14 21:27:14
Link | Citer | R

Actually, there are some in developed countries who think its a conspiracy by developed countries to maintain their lead or something. Incidentally, I wouldn't be surprised if the more nationalistic citizens in Mainland China think precisely this.

We are not the top polluter in the world.

Since this is an issue that concerns the whole world, one thing many will focus on is pollution per capita, of which the United States is nearly the top.

Just being pedantic, don't mind me.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-15 10:29:32
Link | Citer | R

.... We are not the top polluter in the world....
We are number two. Does that mean we have to try harder?
By Ramyrez 2016-03-15 10:45:31
Link | Citer | R

Interesting Read -- "When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Quote:
And things started making a little more sense to me. All this anger we see from people screaming "All Lives Matter" in response to black protesters at rallies. All this anger we see from people insisting that their "religious freedom" is being infringed because a gay couple wants to get married. All these people angry about immigrants, angry about Muslims, angry about "Happy Holidays," angry about not being able to say bigoted things without being called a bigot...

They all basically boil down to people who have grown accustomed to walking straight at other folks, and expecting them to move. So when "those people" in their path don't move -- when those people start wondering, "Why am I always moving out of this guy's way?"; when those people start asking themselves, "What if I didn't move? What if I just kept walking too?"; when those people start believing that they have every bit as much right to that aisle as anyone else -- it can seem like their rights are being taken away.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-15 10:49:09
Link | Citer | R

Let me know when equality exists.

You know, when we stop propping up a group of people over other groups.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-15 10:59:46
Link | Citer | R

That you think it isn't something you yourself should be working for is pathetic.
By Artemicion 2016-03-15 11:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

That you think it isn't something you yourself should be working for is pathetic.

Absolute equality is too chaotic of an objective to tangibly achieve; but I'll definitely settle for a point of "close enough". Perhaps something that leaves both sides comfortable and not alienated.

But we got a long way to go, especially when there are those who will treat their privilege and social advantages like Charlton Heston does his rifle.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1342 1343 1344 ... 1375 1376 1377