Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1339 1340 1341 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Artemicion 2016-03-13 17:03:29
Link | Citer | R

Okay, I'll actually try to address this one.

1) In what manner is Trump, in all his speech and proposed details not racist? I mean, the line is written pretty well when you literally propose halting any movement of a particular religious group within an entire country, and making blanketed statements like Mexico is filling our country with rapists and all Islam followers hate America.

2) I too find Godwin's law as ridiculous and overused as you do, but there's some tangible comparisons to be made between existing and long past national leaders and Trump in their underlying sense of nationalism. No, Trump is not a nazi, nor is he literally Hitler. However, the things he says and proposes do lean to what one could describe as fascist, totalitarian or draconian.

3) I'm failing to see how those involved in information seeking or fact checking to help refine their voting decision in this election year to be something that works up others into violence; in particular the left? You really went out in left field there. Haha, get it? Puns...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-13 18:47:02
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-13 18:54:43
Link | Citer | R

Lmao actually I just found out this exists

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 19:08:42
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
1) In what manner is Trump, in all his speech and proposed details not racist? I mean, the line is written pretty well when you literally propose halting any movement of a particular religious group within an entire country, and making blanketed statements like Mexico is filling our country with rapists and all Islam followers hate America.

Making a blanket statement while providing a blanket statement. Irony.. Get it?

If you really want to address What Trump says give an example and say why you think it is wrong.

Personally, I would rather Cruz be the nominee or Kasich.. But anyone other then Hillary or Bernie would be a plus. We sit here bitching about Trump when a far worse fate could happen.

However, the things he says and proposes do lean to what one could describe as fascist, totalitarian or draconian.

Again, what are these "things"..

3) I'm failing to see how those involved in information seeking or fact checking to help refine their voting decision in this election year to be something that works up others into violence
As am I. What exactly are you talking about here? I have made no correlation to that effect.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 19:23:18
Link | Citer | R

Well.. Meant to edit but hit the wrong button..
When I talk to someone who supports Trump the main reasons why are because he isn't bought like every other candidate and he is the most likely from all of both parties to bring back jobs from overseas. I find it hard to argue with that. Couple that with the wall remarks and his pro-america foreign policy, which really I don't understand how this is considered a bad thing, you got the massive Trump train rolling down the tracks.

I think all the hate is that his views are so drastically different then the past 7 years, people that worship Obama just don't know what to do.

From the looks of the landscape he is set to plow through Florida and Ohio against the Establishments best efforts. If/when he does that noting will stop him as the Establishment pos line up behind him and hope he forgives them. It really is going to be a spectacle to behold.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-03-13 19:43:46
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-03-13 19:55:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

Do people still believe that there is anything "free" in this world?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 19:57:04
Link | Citer | R

You must be new here xD
By Pantafernando 2016-03-13 20:12:58
Link | Citer | R

At least im sure americans can provide a somewhat decent healthcare, education, etc.

Here in Brasil, not even that. People really dies waiting in a hospital line, our educational system cant form people prepared to a competitive market (for example, too much time spent teaching how good was the cuban revolution, etc) and still our taxes are one of the highest in the world.

I myself have 27% of my payment just for income tax, more 8% for our failure of healthcare/welfare and more some % that will go in an account that remunerate less than inflaction. Add this anything we buy (food/goods) has at least 40% of taxes.

Seriously, it would be a lot more honest to say instead "free", that another sucker will pay for it.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-13 20:23:26
Link | Citer | R

I keep losing connection and having to retype this, but I'm stubborn, so...
Altimaomega said: »
When I talk to someone who supports Trump the main reasons why are because he isn't bought like every other candidate and he is the most likely from all of both parties to bring back jobs from overseas. I find it hard to argue with that.
Bernie is hardly bought. Also, his record against trade deals like NAFTA and TPP is worth acknowledging. Here's some of his history against those deals, which is ripe for analysis whether you're for, against, or on the fence.

Couple that with the wall remarks and his pro-america foreign policy, which really I don't understand how this is considered a bad thing, you got the massive Trump train rolling down the tracks.
I seriously worry for you if you can't comprehend why it's bad. I voted for Bernie, but I can acknowledge the criticisms people have with his policies. I stand by my choice though, since I'm confident his policies would be a net gain, and that he is the candidate most aware of the failure points in the system. I also believe he's the most likely to hold himself accountable for possible failures and actually address them.

I think all the hate is that his views are so drastically different then the past 7 years, people that worship Obama just don't know what to do.

From the looks of the landscape he is set to plow through Florida and Ohio against the Establishments best efforts. If/when he does that noting will stop him as the Establishment pos line up behind him and hope he forgives them. It really is going to be a spectacle to behold.
The hate for Trump is definitely caused by his inflammatory rhetoric, there's no mystery about it. His message appeals to certain frustrated groups of people, but his policies are weak, unclear, and/or inconsistent. That pretty much sums it up. However, I agree that his and Bernie's shake-up of the two parties is definitely much needed.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-13 22:04:18
Link | Citer | R

Rubio falls to third in Florida

Burn. His campaign comes to an end in 2 days

Trump and Kasich tied in Ohio, Kasich has said if he doesn't win Ohio he is dropping out.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 22:39:45
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Bernie is hardly bought. Also, his record against trade deals like NAFTA and TPP is worth acknowledging. Here's some of his history against those deals, which is ripe for analysis whether you're for, against, or on the fence.

He has been in politics for practically all his adult life and accomplished nothing. Not one of his bills has ever been passed, that in itself is an achievement though, I guess.

While I agree with his assessments of all the problems our country faces I disagree with every single one of his solutions.

I seriously worry for you if you can't comprehend why it's bad.
Tell me why it is a bad thing being pro-american and wanting a secure border? Especially in the times we live in.

His message appeals to certain frustrated groups of people
That are breaking primary voting records and attending his rallies in mass. You make it sound like he has a following of a small select few.. like Bernie..
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-13 22:46:46
Link | Citer | R

What exactly is a pro-American foreign policy? As if anyone has ever had an anti-American foreign policy. This is Trump's weakest area, he looked completely lost in the last debate when the topic turned to Cuba and Israel.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 22:49:16
Link | Citer | R

Exactly what it sounds like. Americas best interests come first.
An example of an anti-american foreign policy would be the past 7 years. Probably more like 20 years..
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-13 22:55:20
Link | Citer | R

Exactly what it sounds like. Americas best interests come first.
An example of an anti-american foreign policy would be the past 7 years.

Oh really? How has Obama's foreign policy been anti-American? We are currently slaughtering ISIS after having nearly wiped out Al-Qaeda, Obama's sanctions sent Russia into a deep recession, the citizens are starving, we didn't even have to do anything and Russia has been set back by a decade, China is in a huge recession, the dollar is as strong as its ever been, and there are no viable threats to the US, at all.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 22:59:07
Link | Citer | R

And you call Nausi a conspiracy theorist. smh
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-13 23:06:43
Link | Citer | R

And you call Nausi a conspiracy theorist. smh

Yes I do. How is that related to the topic at hand?
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 23:13:13
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-13 23:15:46
Link | Citer | R

It would help your "joke" if I actually stated a conspiracy theory instead of common knowledge. So, care to answer how Obama's foreign policy has been anti-American, or how Trump's foreign policy is "Pro-American?" And you are gonna have to do better than "America's best interests in mind" because that is pretty much how Trump answers every question and he looks clueless.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 23:29:15
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
It would help your "joke" if I actually stated a conspiracy theory instead of common knowledge. So, care to answer how Obama's foreign policy has been anti-American, or how Trump's foreign policy is "Pro-American?" And you are gonna have to do better than "America's best interests in mind" because that is pretty much how Trump answers every question and he looks clueless.

We have been fighting ISIS for how long now? I've lost track.. Last I heard they're still chillin in the caliphate. Same with Al-Qaeda, yeah, still around and a threat..

lol Russia..

Still losing jobs to china.

Oil is down dollar is up, nothing new here. I thought Obama had nothing to do with the cost of oil, or are we changing opinions again?

Our economy hasn't gained more than 2.5% for a record ten years and we have 95 million people not working.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-13 23:32:22
Link | Citer | R

Thats it? Thats how Obama's foreign policy is anti-American? OK then. I can see you aren't interesting in having a conversation, because you can't even counter common knowledge.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 23:47:15
Link | Citer | R

I'm just not interested in having a conversation with you. More productive things come from talking to inanimate objects.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-13 23:57:27
Link | Citer | R

More like you know nothing about foreign policy, but you can blame me like you always do, its ok.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-14 00:02:30
Link | Citer | R

The last time I proved him complete and utterly wrong and he claims it never happened. I'd do it again but, whats the point?

This isn't pettiness.
More productive things come from talking to inanimate objects.
It's sadly true.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-14 00:06:31
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure he will be able to cite the instance when this great victory of his occurred, to remind us all, since no one remembers.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-14 00:07:15
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, Jassik proved me wrong about something.. Don't remember what.

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I'm sure he will be able to cite the instance when this great victory of his occurred, to remind us all, since no one remembers.
Go back to the whole Obama/congress, scotus BS you tried pulling a few weeks ago. I'm not about to go looking for it. You were wrong, A few times.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 1339 1340 1341 ... 1375 1376 1377