Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1283 1284 1285 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2016-02-24 14:01:42
Link | Citer | R

Listening to some "right wingers" on youtube !

Recent photo of me:

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-24 14:56:58
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Cruz is my guy, but trump looks pretty good too
Good luck America.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-24 15:24:23
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Cruz is my guy, but trump looks pretty good too
Good luck America.
-blinks twice to signal help-
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-02-24 15:50:41
Link | Citer | R

We are all mostly stupid. It's no surprise these guys, on both sides of the isle, pander to the lowest common denominator and it pays off in spades.

give us more mind-altering substances and turn up the flashy shows please, we're tuning out.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-24 15:52:37
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Kim-Jong Un is North Korea, not China. He wants to nuke us, not rob us.

Doesn't he have the cutest little baby-face though?
I know they have nukes. We gave them money to not develop them. They developed them anyways.

Does that sound like a good deal to you?
I will remind you that they were developed on G. W. Bush's watch. You know, the president who kept us safe.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-24 15:55:50
Link | Citer | R

Senate GOP exceeding powers with court blockade, some experts say
The Hill, which seems non partisan so far.

Quote:
Some legal experts claim Senate Republicans are exceeding their constitutional powers by refusing to hold a hearing on President Obama's Supreme Court nominee.

In a call with reporters, Erwin Chemerinsky, dean of the University of California Irvine School of Law, said Republicans’ decision not to hold a hearing, vote or even a meeting on the nominee is unprecedented.

“I can’t identify any other instance where a Senate Judiciary [Committee] has ever said it wouldn’t hold a hearing,” he said.

The call was organized by the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a group often aligned with Democrats.

If Republicans follow through on blocking the nominee, the Supreme Court could be left with a vacancy until spring 2017. Even if the next president were to make a nomination on his or her first day in office, Chemerinsky said it takes time to hold a hearing, which means the seat could be left vacant for oral arguments in the majority of cases next term.

Edward Fallone, an associate professor of law at Marquette University Law School, called the Republican blockade an “unconstitutional power grab.”

The Constitution, he said, is clear: The role of the president is to appoint a nominee, and the role of the Senate is to provide advice and consent on the nominee.

By refusing to consider any nominee, Fallone claims the Senate is asserting a pre-nomination power that doesn't exist under the Constitution.

Senate Republicans have said they want to wait until after the election to give the American voters a chance to decide who replaces the late Justice Antonin Scalia, but the legal scholars on the call say the people have already decided.

“The people elected President Obama twice,” said Verna Williams, a Judge Joseph P. Kinneary professor of law at the University of Cincinnati College of Law. “And I dare say when they reelected him they knew what his judicial philosophy was.”

In a guest blog Wednesday on SCOTUSblog.com, President Obama said filling the open seat is not a job he takes lightly.

“It’s a decision to which I devote considerable time, deep reflection, careful deliberation and serious consultation with legal experts, members of both political parties and people across the political spectrum,” he said.

Obama said his nominee would have an independent mind, rigorous intellect, impeccable credentials, and a record of excellence and integrity.

He said he’s also looking for "someone who recognizes the limits of the judiciary’s role; who understands that a judge’s job is to interpret the law, not make the law."

“I seek judges who approach decisions without any particular ideology or agenda, but rather a commitment to impartial justice, a respect for precedent and a determination to faithfully apply the law to the facts at hand,” he said.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-25 13:35:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
12k votes in the Nevada democratic caucus
70k votes in the Nevada republican caucus

Those numbers should absolutely terrify liberals.
Why? There are over a million registered voters in Nevada and this is low turnout for a primary for them. It's also a generally red state with more registered republicans...

So yeah... Once again we face nausi's ignorance head on!

Why you ask? Because it is unparalleled! Nevada is also not a Primary state it is a caucus! Which is a totally different beast, which you would know if you backread. I didn't even know this and was informed by a certain poster here.

Regardless, 75k people turned out for the Republicans 3X as many as ever before. The Democrats have never even broke 35k! Even when obama was running!

So.. yeah.. Maybe you should inform yourself before calling other people ignorant..
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-25 13:45:13
Link | Citer | R

Democrats have a history of not really showing up until the general election. Plus, there are only two Democratic candidates this time, who aren't nearly as divisive as the Republican candidates.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-02-25 13:51:42
Link | Citer | R

weeeeeee another debate tonight. my body and mind are ready.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-25 13:59:39
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »
Why you ask? Because it is unparalleled! Nevada is also not a Primary state it is a caucus! Which is a totally different beast, which you would know if you backread. I didn't even know this and was informed by a certain poster here.

Regardless, 75k people turned out for the Republicans 3X as many as ever before. The Democrats have never even broke 35k! Even when obama was running!

So.. yeah.. Maybe you should inform yourself before calling other people ignorant..

nevada has only been a caucus state for three presidential election cycles and democrat turnout has sucked in all three.

I would be happier about the republican turnout if I thought any of it had to do with republicans rather than "The Trump Effect"
By Altimaomega 2016-02-25 14:04:49
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
nevada has only been a caucus state for three presidential election cycles and democrat turnout has sucked in all three.

Good to know. But so did the Republican turnout until this year.

I would be happier about the republican turnout if I thought any of it had to do with republicans rather than "The Trump Effect"
Do you think the Trump effect is bringing in people to vote for the other candidates? I agree that Trump is having a major effect.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-25 14:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Democrats have a history of not really showing up until the general election. Plus, there are only two Democratic candidates this time, who aren't nearly as divisive as the Republican candidates.
Dem playbook 101

You can't be the racist if your the victim.
You can't be the victim if your the racist.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-25 14:20:53
Link | Citer | R

Look Nik, NEOcons aside the ultimate goal here is to annihilate and the democrat party.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-25 14:22:06
Link | Citer | R

Dem playbook 101

huh?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-25 14:29:25
Link | Citer | R

Do you think the Trump effect is bringing in people to vote for the other candidates? .

Oh hell yes.

Don't ALWAYS look a gift horse in the mouth.

I learned that from the trojans...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-25 14:30:48
Link | Citer | R

Did yesterday's thread get nuked or was that all a beautiful, terrible dream?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-25 14:32:41
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
huh?

/whispers

nausi doesn't know what divisive means
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-25 14:37:18
Link | Citer | R

Dem playbook 101

huh?

Democrats are the divisive ones, but they always mask it by playing victim.

"Stop calling me divisive you racist"
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-25 14:40:41
Link | Citer | R

Ok cool, but wtf does that have to do with the post you quoted?
By Altimaomega 2016-02-25 14:42:50
Link | Citer | R

Everything.. Actually. Try following the conversation instead of causing conflict with your divisiveness.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-25 14:44:11
Link | Citer | R

Dem playbook 101

huh?

Democrats are the divisive ones, but they always mask it by playing victim.

"Stop calling me divisive you racist"
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-02-25 14:44:43
Link | Citer | R

Dem playbook 101

you're*

I seriously hope you don't take yourself seriously.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-25 14:53:32
Link | Citer | R

I guess when you have nothing point out grammar mistakes and pretend you don't know what quotes mean when someone is obviously making an example. May as well toss in not being able to follow a conversation as well.

Why debate anything when this is all anyone here does when confronted with a different opinion..?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-25 14:53:41
Link | Citer | R

Jeanpaul called the republicans divisive ( I bolded that part).

That's what liberals do, play victim by pointing any finger they can at the republicans. What do you think he means by "divisive"? He obviously means racist or sexist or homophobic, or xenophobic or some other "assaultive" class, by which democrats are the victim of.

C'mon, Pleebo, you're suppose to be the puppet master and understand how this works not just another puppet.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-25 14:55:17
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Dem playbook 101

you're*

I seriously hope you don't take yourself seriously.
Uh oh, I've assaulted jet with my bad grammar or poor proofreading.

Yet another example of a divisive republican...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-25 14:55:20
Link | Citer | R

called it
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-02-25 15:00:56
Link | Citer | R

Ugh, the stupid: it burns.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-25 15:07:03
Link | Citer | R

I accidentally devisived myself.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-25 15:08:23
Link | Citer | R

Jeanpaul called the republicans divisive ( I bolded that part).

That's what liberals do, play victim by pointing any finger they can at the republicans. What do you think he means by "divisive"? He obviously means racist or sexist or homophobic, or xenophobic or some other "assaultive" class, by which democrats are the victim of.

C'mon, Pleebo, you're suppose to be the puppet master and understand how this works not just another puppet.
I think 5 year olds have a better grasp and insight of the situation and what I said than you do. It's very simple: the Republican candidates are creating a divide between the party.
First Page 2 3 ... 1283 1284 1285 ... 1375 1376 1377