Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1281 1282 1283 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-23 15:01:00
Link | Citer | R

But would you vote for a rhino?

[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-23 15:08:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
I have found a Republican governor who would be worth voting for as president.

Unfortunately he isn't running.

Brian Sandoval, Nevada

So, you'd vote for a RINO that's more moderate-liberal than conservative. You're not exactly blowing anyone's mind here.

Raising taxes alone doesn't make someone a liberal, what the tax increase does determines that. Still, a billion dollars in tax revenue isn't as much as it sounds over several years in a populous state, if the payoff is significant.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-23 15:17:32
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
But would you vote for a rhino?

this year?

YES!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-23 15:18:11
Link | Citer | R

Brian Sandoval, Nevada
I voted for him over Harry Reid's kid, Rory, in 2010. You could tell back then he was being groomed for something bigger, but since he doesn't appeal to the nutjobs of the party and is interested in actual governing rather than partisan ***, he's now an oddity. Which sucks but I doubt any one is surprised. It's still nice to see him stick to his own ideology. There's probably been quite a bit of pressure to do otherwise.

He did something to boost education in a state that's consistently at the bottom rather than cling to the hardline nonsense of "no new taxes EVAR"?! RINOOOOOOO!!!
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-23 18:25:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Brian Sandoval, Nevada
I voted for him over Harry Reid's kid, Rory, in 2010. You could tell back then he was being groomed for something bigger, but since he doesn't appeal to the nutjobs of the party and is interested in actual governing rather than partisan ***, he's now an oddity. Which sucks but I doubt any one is surprised. It's still nice to see him stick to his own ideology. There's probably been quite a bit of pressure to do otherwise.

He did something to boost education in a state that's consistently at the bottom rather than cling to the hardline nonsense of "no new taxes EVAR"?! RINOOOOOOO!!!

Did you even read the article? There is more to him being a RINO than just taxes. I never said that was necessarily a bad thing (although I question a number of his views), as the Republican and Democrat bases are full of idiots and I appreciate the politicians who don't walk the line.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-23 19:20:19
Link | Citer | R

Did you even read the article? There is more to him being a RINO than just taxes. I never said that was necessarily a bad thing (although I question a number of his views), as the Republican and Democrat bases are full of idiots and I appreciate the politicians who don't walk the line.
Yeah, I did. Did you take any time to research his other positions? Like his stance against gun control legislation? His stance against gay marriage legalization? Support of the Keystone pipeline? His "embrace" of Obamacare equates to him not refusing the Medicaid expansion (i.e., putting the state's citizens ahead of politics) so that wording is an exaggeration.

Or did you stop at abortion rights and label accordingly? He's an actual moderate*, and I'd vote for him again if his term limit wasn't up. A highly popular moderate with great Hispanic appeal in a *** swing state who's getting sidelined with the RINO moniker because he's not nutty enough to appease the Republican blood gods. That's stupid politically let alone ideologically.

*With a high *** factor but that is besides the point.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-23 19:36:18
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I did. Did you take any time to research his other positions? Like his stance against gun control legislation? His stance against gay marriage legalization? Support of the Keystone pipeline? His "embrace" of Obamacare equates to him not refusing the Medicaid expansion (i.e., putting the state's citizens ahead of politics) so that wording is an exaggeration.

Or did you stop at abortion rights and label accordingly? He's an actual moderate*, and I'd vote for him again if his term limit wasn't up. A highly popular moderate with great Hispanic appeal in a *** swing state who's getting sidelined with the RINO moniker because he's not nutty enough to appease the Republican blood gods. That's stupid politically let alone ideologically.

*With a high *** factor but that is besides the point.

Eh, there's more to it than that, since he seems all over the place on views. But again, that isn't necessarily a problem for me. Would he be my ideal candidate for president? No, but he'd be better than 99% of the bozos that actually get Democrat/Republican party support.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-24 01:47:23
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Altimaomega said: »
120k voters so far with 20% in with a population of 4.9mil for the rebups

11k voters with 84% for dems in state with 2.9mil voters..

Appears that a certain group of people feel the need to be heard. Still pretty damn sad considering how few people are voting compared to population size.

What did I just say about caucuses? Its a stupid voting system, and next week the numbers will be switched because the GOP is going in Nevada and the Dems are going in SC. It has nothing to do with ideology, one system is infinitely superior to the other.
Looks like you're wrong again.

Lol you're trying too hard to make this into something.
You're right. It is simple, the democrats have the most screwed up and corruptible nomination process. Yet, they somehow convince the people that vote caucus for them that they are above reproach and can do no wrong.

Like I said its not ideological, the GOP does the exact same thing next week.

Ahh yes. And you're sticking by your word that they are going to have a comparable turnout to the democrats 11k right?

Yep, the numbers will be switched next week.

So far with 30% reporting in more people have voted for Trump than both Democrat candidates combined..
Hell, more people have voted for Cruz and Rubio then hillary and Bernie.
Looking to be around 100k people that voted tonight when it is all said and done.

Lol, you need to stop claiming you "prove people wrong" when that doesn't actually happen.

Happens all the time. You just prefer lying about it. This is the 2nd possibly 3rd time I've proven you wrong in the past month! Number of times you have proven me wrong Zero!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-24 01:50:22
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Doesn't matter. Bernie and Clinton have no hope of winning this election. The massive swing right is being felt already.

The same massive right swing that was there for McCain and Romney?

You hear that?
http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/nevada
It's the sound of over three times as many people voting Republican compared to 2008, 2012, and well.. Ever..
By Enuyasha 2016-02-24 02:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Doesn't matter. Bernie and Clinton have no hope of winning this election. The massive swing right is being felt already.

The same massive right swing that was there for McCain and Romney?

You hear that?
http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/nevada
It's the sound of over three times as many people voting Republican compared to 2008, 2012, and well.. Ever..
And theyre all inevitably voting Trump...which is disgusting (and frightening) in itself...
By Altimaomega 2016-02-24 02:22:35
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »
And theyre all inevitably voting Trump

More people voted against Trump then for him.. I realize Math (Scary) isn't your types strong suit and this goes against the sheep way of thinking.
By Jetackuu 2016-02-24 03:25:34
Link | Citer | R

It's still good to know that this section is still ripe with ignorant personal insults coming from a person who understands nothing.

Classy.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-24 03:57:39
Link | Citer | R

Can't find an english version of this news, but the gist is since Libya keeps delaying and not presenting a unified government the allies might just split it in three regions and put them under rule of UK, France and Italy respectively.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-24 07:51:51
Link | Citer | R

12k votes in the Nevada democratic caucus
70k votes in the Nevada republican caucus

Those numbers should absolutely terrify liberals.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-24 08:30:39
Link | Citer | R

I heard Trump is:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-02-24 08:52:34
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Trump got 3x the number of voters to show up than Hillary and Bernie combined. More people voted for Cruz than either of them combined by half and he took third.

The numbers should scare Republicans too. They almost have to play nice and just accept Trump as the nominee because half of the people that showed up didn't do it because they were Republicans. They just like Trump. If he was running as a Democrat he would be winning that race too. Bernie would have dropped out 4 months ago after getting abused by Trump.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-24 09:04:30
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
The numbers should scare Republicans too

why? at least people are showing up...
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-24 09:18:41
Link | Citer | R

I think Jim Jones would be a good President !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-24 09:20:16
Link | Citer | R

Glen beck has terrible sour grapes this morning. Calling trump supporters "brown shirts".

I mean Cruz is my guy, but trump looks pretty good too. The illegal immigration issue is just too important. I don't know how everyone keeps discounting that.
By fonewear 2016-02-24 09:22:51
Link | Citer | R

Actually we already got our cult of personality:

Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-02-24 09:30:06
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »
And theyre all inevitably voting Trump

More people voted against Trump then for him.. I realize Math (Scary) isn't your types strong suit and this goes against the sheep way of thinking.

That's enough of this kind of thing for a while. The rules are relaxed here, but I still expect some civility. You can come back in a while.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-24 09:30:08
Link | Citer | R

Glen beck has terrible sour grapes this morning. Calling trump supporters "brown shirts".

I can't stand that guy, what a douche.

Here's the new plan, we build the great wall of trump and then we push all the immigrants north to canada!

They are all so much smarter than us I am sure they will figure out a good solution.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-24 09:31:08
Link | Citer | R

Every elitist liberal in print and on the tv is just loosing their ***this morning. I could get used to this. The feelz are spilling everywhere. Everyone's offended!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-24 09:32:09
Link | Citer | R

Immigrants build our country now it's time to kick them out !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-24 09:35:05
Link | Citer | R

Every elitist liberal in print and on the tv is just loosing their ***this morning. I could get used to this. The feelz are spilling everywhere. Everyone's offended!

I tried listening to NPR turns out I'm a terrible person and didn't realize it !
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-02-24 09:36:36
Link | Citer | R

Where are you seeing this? The liberals I know are all-in on Trump getting the GOP nod, both from an entertainment angle, and a "he isn't a true believer in the social aspects, so maybe those are malleable" aspect.

They also seem to think he's beatable in the general, and I don't know if I agree with that. Trump vs. Sanders in particular would be a ridiculous race.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-24 09:37:42
Link | Citer | R

Why? There are over a million registered voters in Nevada and this is low turnout for a primary for them. It's also a generally red state with more registered republicans...

So yeah... Once again we face nausi's ignorance head on!
First Page 2 3 ... 1281 1282 1283 ... 1375 1376 1377