Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1275 1276 1277 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-18 13:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Jassik said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I can't tell if people who are anti-wall are just anti-wall for the logistical reasons (which is a decent argument) or just flat out like illegal immigration.
Show me a 10 foot wall and I'll show you an 11 foot ladder... Fix the system that encourages illegal immigration or a wall is just a solution to the wrong problem.

Well yeah, obviously there would have to more to it than just a wall. Enforcement by guards, barbed wire, etc. Hence the logistics part.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-18 13:41:36
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I can't tell if people who are anti-wall are just anti-wall for the logistical reasons (which is a decent argument) or just flat out like illegal immigration.
Show me a 10 foot wall and I'll show you an 11 foot ladder... Fix the system that encourages illegal immigration or a wall is just a solution to the wrong problem.

I object to calling a wall a "solution."

It's a solution to keeping out Mongolian raiders or holding back loose soil... It won't do much to stem the imaginary flood of illegal immigrants, though.
By fonewear 2016-02-18 13:42:46
Link | Citer | R

City wok take a order prease !
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-18 13:44:57
Link | Citer | R

Well yeah, obviously there would have to me to it than just a wall. Enforcement by guards, barbed wire, etc. Hence the logistics part.

And a ridiculous amount of money to build, staff, maintain, etc. Logistics alone make it lunacy, but if you want to fix a problem, usually you find the cause.
By fonewear 2016-02-18 13:45:07
Link | Citer | R

Easiest way to stop illegal immigration is to go to war with Mexico ??? profit !
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 13:45:43
Link | Citer | R

Well yeah, obviously there would have to more to it than just a wall. Enforcement by guards, barbed wire, etc. Hence the logistics part.

Oh hey Rav you are almost there, you are close to realizing that the opposition to the wall is NOT stemming from people being pro-illegal immigration but rather the absolute clusterfuck that you are politely calling..."logistics."
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-18 13:50:07
Link | Citer | R

If you want to make a meaningful parallel with Europe you should cite Hungary, Slovenia or Austria who are actually planning something similar to Trump's idea, not the remnants of some city that was built when you had to keep outside people wielding sticks on horseback.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-18 13:53:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm getting pretty Hungary too almost lunch time !
By fonewear 2016-02-18 13:54:32
Link | Citer | R

What about the cheese eating surrender monkeys what is their policy on illegal immigration !
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-02-18 13:55:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
As for the whole pope and trump thing... I found it interesting that trump criticized the pope for questioning anyone's faith when he recently questioned cruz's faith openly.

As for the direct comment on the wall... I think the pope was speaking more metaphorically.

Doesn't work with Biblical literalists. All or nothing.

EDIT: Not saying that Nausi is one.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-18 13:56:58
Link | Citer | R

Oh hey Rav you are almost there, you are close to realizing that the opposition to the wall is NOT stemming from people being pro-illegal immigration but rather the absolute clusterfuck that you are politely calling..."logistics."

Well, I'm not a fan of Trump or Cruz and I'm not necessarily pro-wall. Sometimes my micro-arguments don't reflect my views on the macro scale, and I'd rather discuss the specifics of arguments rather than linger at the corner of Semantic St. and Buzzword Ave. I just got the feeling that a lot of people are taking sides on the argument about the wall for the absolute wrong reasons, but I don't mind being wrong about that.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-18 13:57:55
Link | Citer | R

If anything we need a wall to keep Canadians out too !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-18 13:58:25
Link | Citer | R

When did Ravael say that the immigrants are considered "logistics"?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-18 13:59:04
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
What about the cheese eating surrender monkeys what is their policy on illegal immigration !
Make life unbearable for the population so nobody would want to live there.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-18 13:59:49
Link | Citer | R

My views on immigration:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2016-02-18 14:01:41
Link | Citer | R

We need to rewrite statue of liberty to give us your legal immigrants !

I do think the description on the statue is a legal binding law though !

My years of pretending to be a lawyer think it would hold up in court.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 14:04:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

When did Ravael say that the immigrants are considered "logistics"?

I never said that Rav said that, neither one of us were talking about the immigrants.
By fonewear 2016-02-18 14:05:29
Link | Citer | R

*** immigrants there I said it ! Happy now !

Yours Truly,

Donald Trump.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-18 14:07:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Make life unbearable for the population so nobody would want to live there.
Sooo... eat cheese, speak a language that isn't 'Murican, and act hautier than thou?
By fonewear 2016-02-18 14:09:16
Link | Citer | R

I blame the snooty French waiters mainly.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-18 14:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Well, I'm not a fan of Trump or Cruz and I'm not necessarily pro-wall. Sometimes my micro-arguments don't reflect my views on the macro scale, and I'd rather discuss the specifics of arguments rather than linger at the corner of Semantic St. and Buzzword Ave. I just got the feeling that a lot of people are taking sides on the argument about the wall for the absolute wrong reasons, but I don't mind being wrong about that.

I rarely argue from a standpoint of conviction, micro vs macro as you put it. It's easily misunderstood. I'm all for better controlling our borders, but throwing a bunch of money away building and maintaining a wall is a shortsighted knee jerk reaction to a perceived threat, not a solution to anything.
By fonewear 2016-02-18 14:19:34
Link | Citer | R

I don't see how maintaining/building a wall is that complicated it's a freaking wall. We sent a man to a moon and we can't build a damn wall...

Ever other country in the world addresses illegal immigration it isn't like this magical thing that only America faces.

Politicians have talked about it for years and nothing has been done.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-18 14:25:57
Link | Citer | R

I think if America is going to go full tilt Trump-tard, they should at least build 3 more walls, and put a roof over their heads.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-18 14:37:44
Link | Citer | R

The America that Trump Built.

California can be the media state, Florida will no longer be "America's Wang", but Beach Side Patio State.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-18 15:23:15
Link | Citer | R

I don't see how maintaining/building a wall is that complicated it's a freaking wall. We sent a man to a moon and we can't build a damn wall...

Ever other country in the world addresses illegal immigration it isn't like this magical thing that only America faces.

Politicians have talked about it for years and nothing has been done.

The thing is, other than getting elected, there's nothing to talk about. Migrant workers are a barometer of our economic state as well as vital to making a lot of industries profitable.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-18 16:01:37
Link | Citer | R

Last I heard they were talking about revoking the citizenship of any terrorist with dual citizenship. That'll teach 'em.

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Build a wall and they will try to cross by the sea.
They are already doing that. And tunnels too!

Not to mention merely overstaying visas.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-18 16:23:42
Link | Citer | R

We're having a hard enough time maintaining the rest of our infrastructure, which isn't complicated either, yet here we are.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-18 16:27:28
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
We're having a hard enough time maintaining the rest of our infrastructure, which isn't complicated either, yet here we are.

Part of the problem with that isn't maintenance specifically, but that they were never intended to last this long. Bridges, for example, many were built in the 20's and 30's with expected lives of 50-60 years. So, they're nearly twice as old as they were intended to be and the loads they're being asked to carry have increased. The last major national roadworks were nearly 50 years ago.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-18 19:50:06
Link | Citer | R

The backread.. It hurts..
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1275 1276 1277 ... 1375 1376 1377