Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1270 1271 1272 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-17 12:51:56
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
It is the president's duty to nominate someone for the position and congress' job to review that nominee for appointment to the position.

But that's not the job of congress. They don't have to consider anyone. Their lack of consideration is how they advise the process.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-17 12:57:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Obama is just as obstructionist because he doesn't want to nominate a hardcore conservative.
Oh god lol. That sentence is brain-dead. Just... yikes.

Is the plan to stall the nomination for after Trump is sworn in? Because it might be hard to draw this out until hell freezes over.

You're indeed pretty ignorant then. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised, you think racism and bigotry only flow one way, why wouldn't you think that only republicans can obstruct Obama's goals instead of Obama obstructing republican goals?

As for stalling, please show me where in the rules it says congress cannot refuse to consider a SJC nomination from the president for any set amount of time.

As I said, as recent as 2007 Chuck Schumer suggested that dems refuse to consider Bush's potential nominations for over a year.

"Rules for thee, not for me" Is entirely your motto.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-17 12:58:20
Link | Citer | R

after Trump is sworn in

Yup, then we bring back "The Apprentice" and the winner gets to be on the scotus!...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-17 13:00:03
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
after Trump is sworn in

Yup, then we bring back "The Apprentice" and the winner gets to be on the scotus!...
The ratings are gonna be YUGE!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-17 13:02:23
Link | Citer | R

Trump and Cruz polling a combined clear majority would disagree.

everyone disagrees with me nausi... I'm a cantankerous old ***!
Why on earth do you want everyone to get along?

Serious question, because every time republicans capitulate, dems just demand something else and the cycle repeats. Do that enough and you get TRUMP.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-17 13:04:19
Link | Citer | R

Why on earth do you want everyone to get along?

I want them to fistfight like they do in ukraine

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-17 13:15:09
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
At least, it's way more entertaining than american politics.

that's why a vote for trump is a vote for fun!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-17 13:51:58
Link | Citer | R

I think bernie should wrestle Hillary find who is the weaker candidate.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-17 14:03:33
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I think bernie should wrestle Hillary find who is the weaker candidate.

Hillary voted for the iraq war!

it's been over for that *** from the jump.

ima vote for bernie in the primaries in the hopes of a fall filled with trump/sanders debates.

/cash register sound
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 14:35:26
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
There altima goes again claiming he disproved someone when in fact he did not, as per usual. The Dems aren't doing anything to turn this into "politics." Obama hasn't nominated anyone, and fox news is spinning up all kinds of doomsday scenarios to make it seem like the President is the bad guy in this, when nothing has even happened.
The only people that are misbehaving are the Republicans saying they are going to filibuster any confirmation vote, Scalia's body wasn't even cold and they were threatening to filibuster. It wasn't the first thing out of their mouths, but it sure was the second.

Seriously, you are seriously saying that the democrats and Obama are not playing politics right now? Dunno why I even try. The only thing I posted here from fox news was the President playing politics about the issue!

Nice lie, I disproved you for 3 pages straight and you continue to lie in order to save face.
Telling Congress to fullfill their constitutional duty is playing politics. Lol.

They are going to fulfill it. They are just jumping to the end of the process and telling everyone the result. Which as Ramy pointed out is only catering to stupid people, just as the Democrats are catering to stupid people by saying Congress must confirm anyone the president appoints.

Simple truth. They don't. Anything else is politics, which both sides are playing, heavily.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 14:45:59
Link | Citer | R

Having American Born parents, while living in America.. Damn that was hard.

The country of birth of your parents have nothing to do with how you are raised. Being raised american means absolutely nothing.

What's the difference between being raised in Canada and raised in the united states? The biggest difference would be in education, where you will learn more about the history of your country.

I was unaware Canadian culture and American culture and the culture of India are completely the same and we all get together and sing songs about our togetherness.

Having American Born parents, while living in America.. Damn that was hard.

talk about reading issues...

Fun Facts

The second supreme court chief justice was the son of an immigrant.

John Rutlege

In altimaworld he would have been disqualified.

you're pulling these "rules" straight out of your *** and then wondering why people assume racism....

You mean the guy with the mother that was born in South Carolina, right after our country was founded.. Yeah.. Nice try.

Again, this has nothing to do with race. People just play that card since it requires zero thought and swings the debate in their favor in the view of people that refuse to think.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-17 15:00:38
Link | Citer | R

They are going to fulfill it. They are just jumping to the end of the process and telling everyone the result. Which as Ramy pointed out is only catering to stupid people, just as the Democrats are catering to stupid people by saying Congress must confirm anyone the president appoints.
Hahaha so Republicans are just being efficient? That's hilarious. The way you and Nausi are trying to twist this into anything other than Republicans acting like children who don't wanna do their chores is richly entertaining. And no one has ever said that any candidate should get auto-confirmed. Keep trying to make it sound like this is a two-sided problem.

You mean the guy with the mother that was born in South Carolina, right after our country was founded.. Yeah.. Nice try.

Again, this has nothing to do with race. People just play that card since it requires zero thought and swings the debate in their favor in the view of people that refuse to think.
About as much thought as it takes to discount a candidate based solely on where his parents are from.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 15:11:03
Link | Citer | R

Hahaha so Republicans are just being efficient?

No they are being stupid. I never said anything suggesting otherwise.

And no one has ever said that any candidate should get auto-confirmed.
Insinuation is everything in politics. You know that thing that you did to me in the above quote..

Keep trying to make it sound like this is a two-sided problem.
It is a two-sided problem. Not surprising that you don't see it.

About as much thought as it takes to discount a candidate based solely on where his parents are from.
Yeah, lets have a foreign born citizen with foreign born parts on the highest court in our country. Perfectly reasonable.
Like I said, I am not happy with Cruz being able to run for President, but at least his mother was born in America. My hypocrisy can only go so far and a line needs to be drawn somewhere, when people are running the most influential and powerful offices/courts in our country.

Ramyrez said: »
It is the president's duty to nominate someone for the position and congress' job to review that nominee for appointment to the position.

But that's not the job of congress. They don't have to consider anyone. Their lack of consideration is how they advise the process.

Perhaps instead of complaining about the majority of Republicans in congress, democrats should not lose so many seats to said Republicans.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 15:18:36
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, lets have a foreign born citizen with foreign born parts on the highest court in our country. Perfectly reasonable.

Who lived pretty much all his life in America? Why not?

I've given you a lot of answers. Why don't you explain why they should be chosen over Americans with American parents that are just as qualified if not more so?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-17 15:20:01
Link | Citer | R

Altima and Nausi

as much as I want to scream they're not with us! the more I think about it lately, they really are...

how in the *** did we become a party of the rodeo clown cattle grazing rights loonies!?

I think we lost all our rich and suave mojo when william f buckley jr died....
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 15:20:05
Link | Citer | R

Maybe instead of complaining about the president, republicans should listen to what voters want and elect a president. Snap!

Welcome to America.

We have three branches of Government for a reason! I have never said anything differently!~

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-02-17 15:23:27
Link | Citer | R

Ugh...I really shouldn't be engaging, but why, exactly, is there contention over an assimilated Indian-American who came to the US as a toddler and practices Hindu?

It seems like a metaphorical adaptation of the tenet of moksha would be something Trump supporters could get behind. Jeez, Louise! On a FF site of all damn things.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-17 15:24:56
Link | Citer | R

You *** will rue the day when he ritually sacrifices the other Justices to summon Shiva.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-17 15:37:31
Link | Citer | R

They can be *** all they want but rejecting any candidate sight unseen is purely obstructionist ***.

If only Obama could bring the parties together. Most devisive President evar!

As I said, elections have consequences. 2014 happened purely because obama is such a ***.

Obama is just as obstructionist because he doesn't want to nominate a hardcore conservative. If you think he would consider it, than you're dumber than I thought.

Yeah, I'm sure the electoral map had nothing to do with the outcome right? Have you scoped out the Senate map for this year? Good luck holding onto the Senate while refusing to do your job.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-02-17 16:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Okay. This is officially bugging me.

If you're going to bring in the token of Sri's family being immigrants, Scalia's family isn't that far removed from their homeland, Italy. Given the US's former marginalization of Italian-Americans, Italian immigrants and Catholics, how is Sri's heritage and parents' immigration even an equitable argument? It wasn't that long ago that "dago" and "ginny" were haphazardly slung around.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-17 17:00:51
Link | Citer | R

Siri is being appointed to the supreme court?

Obama: Siri, how many people will flip ***if I pass this law?
Siri: I have found 150 million relevant items in your area.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 19:25:53
Link | Citer | R

Well then stop complaining about the president already.

You realize I am only pointing out why everyone here is wrong? The President even came out and said that it is Congresses job to accept or deny his appointment.

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Okay. This is officially bugging me.

If you're going to bring in the token of Sri's family being immigrants, Scalia's family isn't that far removed from their homeland, Italy.

Perhaps you should read what I say then.

Like I said, I am not happy with Cruz being able to run for President, but at least his mother was born in America. My hypocrisy can only go so far and a line needs to be drawn somewhere, when people are running the most influential and powerful offices/courts in our country.

Parents have nothing to do with how qualified someone is.
Odd. Why exactly does the President have to be born from an American Citizen?
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-02-17 19:32:56
Link | Citer | R

Why exactly does the President have to be born from an American Citizen?

To freeze out Hamilton, actually
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 19:36:36
Link | Citer | R

Unfamiliar with that term.
First Page 2 3 ... 1270 1271 1272 ... 1375 1376 1377