Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1192 1193 1194 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2016-01-06 11:10:15
Link | Citer | R

They need to hurry up with the DLC cause I need a reason to play Fallout doing random misc. quests doesn't cut it.

In the meantime while waiting for DLC this picture will get me through:

[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-06 11:12:47
Link | Citer | R

And this guy is a good actor:

Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-01-06 11:22:38
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
And this guy is a good actor:

can we talk about this for just a minute?

I know it's not technically p&r....but wtf is the deal with pansies wearing beards?

beards were once a symbol of manliness!

YouTube Video Placeholder

I saw some tool with a beard and he had his hair up in a bun...

I'm thinking of shaving my beard off...it's getting regoddamenddiculous
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-06 11:22:42
Link | Citer | R

In King's fantasy world there is trade with N Korea that can be cut off. Also N Korea didn't get the bomb on W's watch.

In Chanti's fantasy world N Korea would not be getting food aid from the USA or the rest of the world.
By fonewear 2016-01-06 11:23:50
Link | Citer | R

Beards used to be something for normal men now the hipsters have taken over and ruined it for everyone.

Like this:

[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-01-06 12:11:04
Link | Citer | R

If you can't do a pushup, grow a beard.

Hipsters are ruining my flannel shirts too.

I think it is their subconscious fighting back against the pussiness that these men impose on themselves.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-01-06 12:12:34
Link | Citer | R

They need to hurry up with the DLC cause I need a reason to play Fallout doing random misc. quests doesn't cut it.

In the meantime while waiting for DLC this picture will get me through:

New wave of people Obama'ing. Selfies making the vagina sign while wiping away a tear.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-01-06 12:48:14
Link | Citer | R

Beards used to be something for normal men now the hipsters have taken over and ruined it for everyone.

is that dude wearing a purse!? /shakes head sadly

maybe whatshisname is right and the communists won after all...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-06 12:58:47
Link | Citer | R

Like this:

I feel like that's a beard the same way fake *** are breasts.

It's peacock-level vanity strutting and is in no way indicative of the real thing, just some shallow imitation.

You can have a large and distinguished beard. But as soon as you put on skinny jeans and a Where's Waldo? hat, you've skeedaddled right past irony and into poseur territory.

Which in an actual bit of irony, is exactly what hipsters are trying to avoid!

I think to be a real hipster now you have to actually dress like a shop teacher from the 60s and actually never break character at all. Listen to his music, live the life, die of lung cancer at 54.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-01-06 13:17:16
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

Like this:

It's peacock-level vanity strutting and is in no way indicative of the real thing, just some shallow imitation.

You can have a large and distinguished beard. But as soon as you put on skinny jeans and a Where's Waldo? hat, you've skeedaddled right past irony and into poseur territory.

I think to be a real hipster now you have to actually dress like a shop teacher from the 60s and actually never break character at all. Listen to his music, live the life, die of lung cancer at 54.

Don't forget the hipster vapers
By Ramyrez 2016-01-06 13:22:17
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »

Reminds me of a thing I saw somewhere...Twitter, I think, or maybe Reddit.

"Doctor: Do you smoke?

Patient: No, but I vape.

*Doctors writes "*** loser" on medical chart*"
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-06 13:29:38
Link | Citer | R

The hipster vapors? At first glance, my only thought was fainting couches, lace fans and bearded Scarlett O'Hara.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-01-06 13:41:01
Link | Citer | R

stolen from "Spies Like Us" when they met the combat instructor...

and his assessment of dan akroyd and chevy chase was "pussies"

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-01-06 13:42:05
Link | Citer | R

Random question about that. I know hipsters have kinda ruined that whole thing, but is there any sort of use for it besides being a tool?

I know sometimes I get stressed the fudge out and think I would love to start smoking at that moment. I don't know what part of smoking a cigarette is the anti stress part, but do the vapor things provide that?
By Ramyrez 2016-01-06 13:45:51
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

stolen from "Spies Like Us" when they met the combat instructor...

and his assessment of dan akroyd and chevy chase was "pussies"

Yeah. But it just works so well for the situation.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-06 13:46:48
Link | Citer | R

I don't like the concept of hipsters because the very fact of trying to be different while looking like everyone else is self-defeating; but still I find this post full of contradiction.

Fashion has always existed and always will. Beards were popular in the past, then they stopped being so, and now they are again, simple as that. Just like almost all generations alternate between long and short hair for men, or when on a yearly basis you should buy clothes of "this year's colour", not cause it matters but cause people like fashion. You don't? That's fine, but it doesn't hurt anyone that some do.

Then there's once again your crusade against breast implants. Have you even ever touched those boobs? But that doesn't even matter, if a woman feels better with her body with bigger breasts then why is that a problem? And please don't bore me with something about what society should or shouldn't dictate, no one cares, especially when you're being even more judgmental by looking down on women with implants.

And then there's a couple of posts about e-cigs..there's a lot of lack of information around those, a lot of people got into them thinking they are innocuous compared to real cigs. While you can also make a point they're also used for elegance as they certainly look better, there's little reason to call it worse than non electronic smokers.

tldr: don't be judgmental.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-06 13:47:06
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »

Random question about that. I know hipsters have kinda ruined that whole thing, but is there any sort of use for it besides being a tool?

I know sometimes I get stressed the fudge out and think I would love to start smoking at that moment. I don't know what part of smoking a cigarette is the anti stress part, but do the vapor things provide that?

Short answers: better than cigarettes, still bad for you.

Long answer: They haven't been around long enough to gauge long-term effects of use and abuse, but while they're not as bad as cigarettes there are still associated negative results.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-01-06 13:52:53
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
don't be judgmental

but aren't you judging him for being judgmental?

can't he be a damp towel in peace?

why don't you give peace a chance?

for once.
[+]
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-01-06 13:56:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
but aren't you judging him for being judgmental?

This, this so hard to the entire *** world.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-01-06 14:01:58
Link | Citer | R

Either everything is okay to be made fun of or nothing is. You can't force your precise definition of fair game for humor on everyone.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-01-06 14:03:53
Link | Citer | R

Short answers: better than cigarettes, still bad for you

what part's bad for you? the nicotine or the... whatever liquid it's suspended in before it's turned into a vapor
By Ramyrez 2016-01-06 14:09:33
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The nicotine inside the cartridges is addictive. When you stop using it, you can get withdrawal symptoms including feeling irritable, depressed, restless and anxious. It can be dangerous for people with heart problems. It may also harm your arteries over time.

So far, evidence suggests that e-cigarettes may be safer than regular cigarettes. The biggest danger from tobacco is the smoke, and e-cigarettes don't burn. Tests show the levels of dangerous chemicals they give off are a fraction of what you'd get from a real cigarette. But what's in them can vary.

"E-cigarettes may be less harmful than cigarettes," Drummond says. "But we still don't know enough about their long-term risks or the effects of secondhand exposure."

Source

Really, the lack of regulation in the fluid solutions and long-term research of any additional chemicals is the biggest concern I would personally have from a health standpoint.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-06 14:10:33
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Either everything is okay to be made fun of or nothing is. You can't force your precise definition of fair game for humor on everyone.
What does humour have to do with this?
By Ramyrez 2016-01-06 14:19:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
What does humour have to do with this?

Maybe it's a cultural thing you're not getting, but to a lot of people "serious" hipsters are seriously worth laughing at.

Fashion has always existed and always will. Beards were popular in the past, then they stopped being so, and now they are again, simple as that. Just like almost all generations alternate between long and short hair for men, or when on a yearly basis you should buy clothes of "this year's colour", not cause it matters but cause people like fashion. You don't? That's fine, but it doesn't hurt anyone that some do.

Well I touched a nerve somehow, so, sorry? I do sort of have a thing against breast augmentation for vanity reasons because I think plastic surgery for the sake of just "looking better" is a travesty and in the end makes people look worse. But that's just my opinion, and I also think that, inversely, plastic surgery is a great boon for cancer, burn, and other victims who need it for reconstructive purposes.

As for hipsters, beards, etc...

I'm perfectly fine with beards. I have one. But the hipster beard trend is just kind of getting out of hand, imo.
I won't apologize for making fun of hipsters, however. Especially when their trends-of-choice become style choices I've been making all my life and all of a sudden I have to be identified as a PBR-swilling, indie-label-only snob with a penchant for Instagram and skinny jeans.

Edit: Also, fashion hurts plenty of people in a lot of ways, not to mention that most of it sucks and is ***-all ugly. I was actually just talking to my wife about this today, saying that if I were a woman I'd be mad as hell because 99% of the ***out there is ugly as ***...but I feel that's probably getting a bit far away from P&R, soooo I'll stop now.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-06 14:22:51
Link | Citer | R

And then there's a couple of posts about e-cigs..there's a lot of lack of information around those, a lot of people got into them thinking they are innocuous compared to real cigs. While you can also make a point they're also used for elegance as they certainly look better, there's little reason to call it worse than non electronic smokers.

Also, again, it's not so much the act of vaping -- it can be a good way to cut back on actual smoking en route to quitting entirely, and yeah...I actually have a strange fascination with little electronic devices and have been tempted to try it myself just because I think they're neat -- it's more about the attitude and actions of a lot of people who do it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-06 14:36:07
Link | Citer | R

fashion hurts plenty of people in a lot of ways
Sure if it's applied indiscriminately, but that goes with poor education and simply people who are pathological.

The point is if you have a problem with everyone suddenly having a beard just like you, sure it's a bit annoying to be part of a bandwagon you didn't plan to join, but then maybe you should realize you're also striving for that same desire to be different - which I believe is close to the definition of a hipster, in the non fashion sense.

And no, I don't have implants, I still have natural breasts.

it's more about the attitude and actions of a lot of people who do it
I don't know about your experiences obviously, but I haven't seen any difference from normal smokers.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-01-06 14:41:40
Link | Citer | R

i have my natural breasts too!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-06 14:44:50
Link | Citer | R

May as well. I've been sitting on my hands as to whether this should be added since yesterday. The possible ramifications may have merited a mention in the EU Nationalism thread.

String of New Year's Eve sexual assaults outrages Cologne

Quote:
Some 1,000 men are alleged to have carried out dozens of sexual crimes on New Year's Eve in the city of Cologne. That these crimes occured in the city's most famous square has left local authorities reeling.

Police in the western German city of Cologne responded on Monday to outrage over a string of sexual crimes over New Year's Eve. According to police, the series of assaults in one of the city's busiest thoroughfares represented a "completely new dimension of crime."

Some 90 criminal complaints, including one allegation of rape, have been brought to the Cologne police department after women said they were molested by a crowd of men who had gathered in the city's famous square between its central train station and towering Gothic cathedral. Authorities expect more victims to come forward in the next few days.

City police chief Wolfgang Albers said the crowd was composed of up to 1,000 heavily intoxicated men who gave the appearance of being "Arab or North African" in background.

The police chief told German news agency dpa that the incidents represented "an intolerable situation" for Cologne. His department has already assembled a task force to deal with the matter.

Mayor Henriette Reker, who made international headlines in October when she was stabbed on the campaign trail, has called a crisis meeting, which will include local and federal police, for Tuesday to address the crimes.

Reker told the local press she found the men's actions "monstrous."
"We cannot tolerate this development of lawlessness," Reker told the "Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger" newspaper.

Speaking with local newspaper "Express," Ralf Jäger, the state interior minister for North Rhine-Westphalia, promised swift action.

"We will not accept that groups of North African men gather expressly for the purpose of debasing women by sexually assaulting them," the paper quoted Jäger as saying.

The leader of the North Rhine-Westphalia branch of Germany's main police union, Arnold Plickert, called the crimes "a massive attack on basic rights" and said justice must be seen through even if it has "politically uncomfortable" consequences.

Plickert warned, however, against exploiting the incident to stir up anti-refugee sentiment.

"Any refugees who have a problem integrating into our open society and respecting the rights of other people" must be dealt with using the "full force of the law," he said, though adding that the public should not forget that "the great majority of the people who have come to us have done so because their lives are no longer safe in their homelands."

German police face criticism amid outrage over New Year's sex assaults

Mayor of Cologne condemned for urging women to 'keep men at arm's length' in new code of conduct to prevent assaults

Victim, 18, says up to 30 men groped and robbed her and her 11 friends

As a reminder: There have been Arab and North African immigrants prior to the influx of refugees. I wonder what this will mean for Fasching, German Mardi Gras, which is a month away.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-06 14:46:56
Link | Citer | R

I don't remember carnival being a big thing in Germany.
First Page 2 3 ... 1192 1193 1194 ... 1375 1376 1377