Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-11 05:44:48
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Benghazi!
I'm shocked at how easily this worked.
Four pages of debate, just like that, merely saying "Benghazi". You guys...
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-11 06:06:07
Link | Citer | R

And so it begins.

Quote:
Obama asked Congress to authorize $500 million to train and arm “moderate” Syrian rebels. The training would take place in Saudi Arabia.

It is unclear whether more American weapons and training can shift the battlefield balance toward the U.S.-backed rebels, who are badly outgunned by Islamic State, other militant groups and Assad's forces.

A vote on the money would put lawmakers on record supporting the military action, although White House officials stressed Obama already had the authority he needed for the new moves.
Obama orders U.S. airstrikes in Syria against Islamic State
By fonewear 2014-09-11 06:44:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
And so it begins.

Quote:
Obama asked Congress to authorize $500 million to train and arm “moderate” Syrian rebels. The training would take place in Saudi Arabia.

It is unclear whether more American weapons and training can shift the battlefield balance toward the U.S.-backed rebels, who are badly outgunned by Islamic State, other militant groups and Assad's forces.

A vote on the money would put lawmakers on record supporting the military action, although White House officials stressed Obama already had the authority he needed for the new moves.

Could have made Destiny for that price ! Video game or kill terrorists both useful !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-11 06:56:41
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
And so it begins.

Quote:

Could have made Destiny for that price ! Video game or kill terrorists both useful !
The video game would have been far more constructive.

Instead we have Obama blatantly give Islamic militants more weapons. If it isn't bad enough IS has seized all the U.S. equipment left in Iraq plus all the weapons the U.S. unofficially gave them before IS made headlines (through Saudi Arabia of course, awesome American Ally btw), now the U.S. is just going to openly support the same people it's trying to demoralize and destroy. Kind of like Democratic voters.

I'd be very interested to see what the votes turn out to be. I would speculate they (Democratic party) will use it as an issue in November not knowing how dumb they would look for doing so.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-11 07:11:45
Link | Citer | R

Obama my favorite war monger that never starts a war ?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-11 07:17:42
Link | Citer | R

See when you kill people with drones it doesn't count. It only is a death when a real life person kills someone.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-11 07:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Jetackuu said: »
There is no cop-out, no scandal and no "us vs them" statements, you're under the assumption that I'm taking a side, and I'm not.

There are no "us vs them" statements? You're not taking a side? What forum do you think you're on?
You forget.

When you don't have a rebuttal, you use various excuses and approaches, as demonstrated by Pleebo and Jet.

1) The Fallacy Excuse
2) The passive-aggressive approach
3) The "attempt to ridicule" approach
4) The Definition excuse
5) The Subject-Change method

All of which have been used on this very thread too....

(incoming passive-aggressive counter from either Pleebo and/or Jet)
To summarize, after those we have the infamous Vic-Jet fallacy of calling everyone a neocon, and when you point out the history of the term, movement, and current usage they resort to calling you a 'troll.'

In essence it's the foundation of the current Democratic Party agree with them or you're a racist/sexist/troll/Koch Propaganda/etc. But there's no 'Us Vs Them' mentality whatsoever, until they vote. Disagree with the Republican party, so you're 'forced' to vote Democrat.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-11 07:24:20
Link | Citer | R

Also forgot to mention...

Wikipedia = bad source of information
Urban Dictionary = ultimate source of information

It shows you just where their mind is at.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-11 07:27:00
Link | Citer | R

My mind is in the gutter well an urban gutter at least.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-11 07:41:10
Link | Citer | R

War on 9/11 again I think this happened once before...
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-09-11 09:04:32
Link | Citer | R

Instead we have Obama blatantly give Islamic militants more weapons. If it isn't bad enough IS has seized alla small amount of the U.S. equipment left in Iraq plus all the weapons the U.S. unofficially gave them before IS made headlines (through Saudi Arabia of course, awesome American Ally btw), now the U.S. is just going to openly support the same people it's trying to demoralize and destroy. Kind of like Democratic voters.

I'd be very interested to see what the votes turn out to be. I would speculate they (Democratic party) will use it as an issue in November not knowing how dumb they would look for doing so.

Just glossing over the fact that many GOP lawmakers quickly came out and said Obama's actions aren't going far enough, huh? Also fixed a bit for accuracy.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-11 09:52:26
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Instead we have Obama blatantly give Islamic militants more weapons. If it isn't bad enough IS has seized alla small amount of the U.S. equipment left in Iraq plus all the weapons the U.S. unofficially gave them before IS made headlines (through Saudi Arabia of course, awesome American Ally btw), now the U.S. is just going to openly support the same people it's trying to demoralize and destroy. Kind of like Democratic voters.

Just glossing over the fact that many GOP lawmakers quickly came out and said Obama's actions aren't going far enough, huh? Also fixed a bit for accuracy.
Welcome to the cycle of Democrats vs. Republicans.

Democrats cause the threat and Republicans always want to go after the threat.

You can thank the real neoconservative movement started back in the early 1950s for this never ending cycle.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-11 10:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Jetackuu said: »
There is no cop-out, no scandal and no "us vs them" statements, you're under the assumption that I'm taking a side, and I'm not.

There are no "us vs them" statements? You're not taking a side? What forum do you think you're on?
You forget.

When you don't have a rebuttal, you use various excuses and approaches, as demonstrated by Pleebo and Jet.

1) The Fallacy Excuse
2) The passive-aggressive approach
3) The "attempt to ridicule" approach
4) The Definition excuse
5) The Subject-Change method

All of which have been used on this very thread too....

(incoming passive-aggressive counter from either Pleebo and/or Jet)

This would be a clear definition of #3, hilarious that he said it right after you provided the list.

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Benghazi has been fully explained in numerous hearings. Just because the neocons dismiss the thorough explanation, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Its hilarious to watch tho, it really is. I should look up when those new hearings are.
A week from now according to this.

I can't wait to hear all the new developments and hard-hitting questions. Why hasn't a space-time distortion been created so we can go back to the moments before the attack and warn everyone? Why didn't Obama mobilize the Justice League to swoop in and save everybody before the situation got out of hand? How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real? Only once we get some real answers can we begin to heal as a nation.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-11 11:02:09
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of Benghazi: New Book Says C.I.A. Official in Benghazi Held Up Rescue.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-09-11 11:03:35
Link | Citer | R

You can thank the real neoconservative movement started back in the early 1950s for this never ending cycle.
They were called neoliberals then.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-11 11:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Liberal-Zeros?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-11 11:13:46
Link | Citer | R

Starbucks Liberal ?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-11 12:26:52
Link | Citer | R

Almost that time of the year again...

GOP bill would avert fed shutdown till Dec. 11

Meanwhile Obama is back at trying to spark WW3 with last night's comments.

Russia says air strikes in Syria would be act of aggression without U.N. vote

Nothing like stopping terrorist, by arming terrorists, and then trying to bomb the legitimate government's forces while provoking its ally.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-11 12:37:37
Link | Citer | R

Yeah...I'm not getting the "arming and training 'moderate' rebels".

When are we going to learn that always turns out poorly?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-11 12:40:28
Link | Citer | R

Moderate Islamic extremist to be exact as Syria is a secular nation.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-11 12:43:56
Link | Citer | R

So we're going back into Iraq because Obama's poll numbers are down?

Oh man, I never knew what it would feel like to be drowning in irony.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-11 12:44:55
Link | Citer | R

This is how they figure out who the moderate rebels are with this question:

"On the rebel scale of 1-10, 1 being giving the finger to the flag, and 10 being the guy who tries to assassinate the president, where do you lie?"

"5."

"Ok, he's in, he's the moderate rebel we've been looking for. Give this guy a gun so he can fight against his nation's army."
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-11 12:52:31
Link | Citer | R

Interview #2:

"Muslim?"

"Yes."

"Ok, we need you need say Allahu Akbar a lot while waiving the gun we gave you, but no cutting off heads, ok?"

"Can I at least eat the victims organs while he dies?"

"I guess, but make sure it's not on video."

"What about the flag?"

"It can be anything you want, but no Arabic writing."

"What about rape?"

"Only 3 per week."

"But al-Quada let us have up to 5 a week."

"Ok 4 then, we wouldn't want you to become too extreme."
By Jetackuu 2014-09-11 12:58:16
Link | Citer | R

Also forgot to mention...

Wikipedia = bad source of information
Urban Dictionary = ultimate source of information

It shows you just where their mind is at.
Who said that wiki is a bad source of information? It's amazing if it's cited properly.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-11 13:02:46
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The U.S. and its allies are trying to hammer out a coalition to push back the Islamic State group in Iraq. But any serious attempt to destroy the militants or even seriously degrade their capabilities means targeting their infrastructure in Syria.

That, however, is far more complicated. If it launches airstrikes against the group in Syria, the U.S. runs the risk of unintentionally strengthening the hand of President Bashar Assad, whose removal the West has actively sought the past three years. Uprooting the Islamic State group, which has seized roughly a third of Syria and Iraq, may potentially open the way for the Syrian army to fill the vacuum.

The alternative would be to finally get serious about arming the mainstream Western-backed rebels fighting to topple Assad. But there is a reason the administration of President Barack Obama has been deeply reluctant to throw its weight behind them.

The relatively moderate rebel factions fighting in Syria are in tatters. There are no secular groups, and the strongest factions are Islamic groups, many of which work with al-Qaida's official branch in Syria, the Nusra Front.

The Nusra Front, which has somewhat dropped from international headlines because of the Islamic State group's exceeding brutality, is on the U.S. list of terrorist groups and is still very active.

It and other rebels recently seized the Quneitra border crossing between Syria and the Israeli-held Golan Heights, taking 45 United Nations peacekeepers hostage. It was also among a group of militants that recently overran a Lebanese border town and is holding several Lebanese soldiers and policemen captive.
AP Analysis: US wary over hitting Syrian militants
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-11 13:46:12
Link | Citer | R

Hey look, Congress is finally doing something, sort of.
By volkom 2014-09-11 13:48:07
Link | Citer | R

uhhhhhh this is what our tax dollars go towards?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-11 14:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Rape Culture in the Alaskan Wilderness

This is a pretty long read. But it's a good one, if not upsetting.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-11 14:13:02
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

I tend not to read or pay attention to anything that utilizes the phrase "rape culture."
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-11 14:31:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Still reading through, but this is depressing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 1375 1376 1377