Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1146 1147 1148 ... 1375 1376 1377
By charlo999 2015-12-10 07:20:22
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
charlo999 said: »
There's always an easier way to tell if an immigrant is an Islamist fanatic or open minded willing to take onboard another culture and worldview. Take them into a room with a pastor and have them read the bible, especially the gospels.
Yes, lets force people* to listen to scripture in a secular country that values seperation of church and state.

I'm voting for the Santanic Bible, Ishtar's Descent into the Underworld, or maybe Egypt's book of the dead. A little paganism shouldn't be a problem for all the monothestic individuals, right?

*Why limit this to Muslims? I call for all immigrants to be tested on their open minded willingness to take onboard another culture and worldview.

You don't understand this because you fail to understand the fanatical Muslim and that Muslims beliefs on the bible. And that is in turn because you are ignorantly liberal minded in your approach. And that's stopping you from understanding the ideology. Which is very dangerous.
So your liberal rant and knee jerk finger pointing means as much as your attempt to parallel the idea with all religions.
The truth is never scared to listen to a lie. Even the bitter tastes sweet to those who have it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-10 07:21:18
Link | Citer | R

It's fanatics like you we should be worried about tbh.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-10 07:27:36
Link | Citer | R

The truth is never scared to listen to a lie.

Which is why we bother reading what you write.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-12-10 08:10:58
Link | Citer | R

There's always an easier way to tell if an immigrant is an Islamist fanatic

if they weigh as much as a duck?
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-12-10 08:14:01
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-10 08:19:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
There's always an easier way to tell if an immigrant is an Islamist fanatic

if they weigh as much as a duck?

"Command me my liege!"

Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-10 09:25:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Yeah we get it, he's a troll. But how is any of that productive for the nation?

That is the reason I want to see Trump elected President. Not for her policies, which frankly don't mean ***. Not for some charismatic speeches or some hypocritical Eurocrat trash's opinion. Because it would be the stroke that cracked the strangle hold on political power that exists in this country, something Ross Perot failed to do in the 90's. If anyone really wants to see change happen, vote for Trump then watch both political parties leadership explode.

Plus he doesn't succumb to media bullying and PC intimidation. A trump presidency would at least show people how to win against such witch hunts

If he could do that, he would belong up on mt Rushmore.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-12-10 09:46:30
Link | Citer | R

There's always an easier way to tell if an immigrant is an Islamist fanatic or open minded willing to take onboard another culture and worldview. Take them into a room with a pastor and have them read the bible, especially the gospels.
Yes, lets force people* to listen to scripture in a secular country that values seperation of church and state.

I'm voting for the Santanic Bible, Ishtar's Descent into the Underworld, or maybe Egypt's book of the dead. A little paganism shouldn't be a problem for all the monothestic individuals, right?

*Why limit this to Muslims? I call for all immigrants to be tested on their open minded willingness to take onboard another culture and worldview.

You don't understand this because you fail to understand the fanatical Muslim and that Muslims beliefs on the bible. And that is in turn because you are ignorantly liberal minded in your approach. And that's stopping you from understanding the ideology. Which is very dangerous.
So your liberal rant and knee jerk finger pointing means as much as your attempt to parallel the idea with all religions.
The truth is never scared to listen to a lie. Even the bitter tastes sweet to those who have it.

She understands it, and she understands that it violates a fundamental principle of America, you should really stow the bigotry.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2015-12-10 09:51:59
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Bible is boring, what are the best fantasy books we could give to refugees?

Should have them watch movies.

Lethal Weapon, Top Gun, Independence Day, Elf
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-10 09:53:07
Link | Citer | R

My personal preference is for the time that J.R.R. Tolkien punched up the Bible and called it The Silmarillion, though he smartened it up a bit too much for some people while he was at it.

Poor JRR. In so many ways his writing backfired on him. So brilliant even he didn't realize what he had done.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-10 09:53:50
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »

The Blues Brothers.

Then they'll understand what a real mission from God is about.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-10 09:57:52
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

She understands it, and she understands that it violates a fundamental principle of America, you should really stow the bigotry.
To charlo's defense, he isn't American. Apparently it's ok to force another religion onto other people in Britain. I mean, there's plenty of historical evidence that shows that....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-10 09:59:10
Link | Citer | R

So, have we entered Theological Thunderdome yet?
By volkom 2015-12-10 10:03:35
Link | Citer | R

what about the

[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-12-10 10:21:25
Link | Citer | R

Because ISIS hasn't destroyed World Heritage sites dealing in pagan worship dating back a few thousand years or Mesopotamian religious icons?

Oh wait, they have.

Christianity isn't the only religion in town and it isn't the only religion ISIS targets.

If you actually cared about people being open minded or willing to experience other cultures you wouldn't care which religion was discussed to "test for Islamic fanaticism".

But that wasn't the point of your suggestion. It was a poorly veiled attempt to proselytize to non-believers of your religion
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-10 10:23:08
Link | Citer | R

It was a poorly veiled attempt to proselytize to non-believers.
I thought that was the ISIS MO.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-12-10 10:23:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Pretty sure they just kill them.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-10 10:28:17
Link | Citer | R

Well, those who are smart enough to not be proselytized, I'm sure.

But then again, you got those who actively change religions. I'm sure ISIS would love to have them in their ranks, they need more fodder for attacks.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-12-10 10:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Well, those who are smart enough to not be proselytized, I'm sure.

But then again, you got those who actively change religions. I'm sure ISIS would love to have them in their ranks, they need more fodder for attacks.
True, and they have done that. At least Boko Haram has, iirc.
By fonewear 2015-12-10 10:35:50
Link | Citer | R

All the feels here are overwhelming. I can't feel anymore.
By fonewear 2015-12-10 10:37:11
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-12-10 10:41:53
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to nominate John Carpenter's 'The Thing'. It seems like a succinct reflection of the current state of geopolitics as of late.

It also serves as a reminder that Norwegians with firearms and explosives may as well be a Benny Hill sketch.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-10 10:42:43
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
It seems like a succinct reflection of the current state of geopolitical politics as of late.

A bunch of guys that don't trust each other with nary a woman in sight?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-10 10:44:28
Link | Citer | R

Your references are dated and I feel old !
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-12-10 10:44:59
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
All the feels here are overwhelming. I can't feel anymore.

[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-10 10:45:31
Link | Citer | R

In the hyper PC world we live in feelings are all that matter.
By charlo999 2015-12-10 10:46:04
Link | Citer | R

Because ISIS hasn't destroyed World Heritage sites dealing in pagan worship dating back a few thousand years or Mesopotamian religious icons?

Oh wait, they have.

Christianity isn't the only religion in town and it isn't the only religion ISIS targets.

If you actually cared about people being open minded or willing to experience other cultures you wouldn't care which religion was discussed to "test for Islamic fanaticism".

But that wasn't the point of your suggestion. It was a poorly veiled attempt to proselytize to non-believers of your religion

Wrong , wrong and wrong. Do some research and try understanding my point again.
By fonewear 2015-12-10 10:47:43
Link | Citer | R

You are all wrong ISIS is killing people to show the dangers of global warming. They are on a crusade to stop carbon emissions.

Less SUV driving Christians and the like better the Earth is.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1146 1147 1148 ... 1375 1376 1377