Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1137 1138 1139 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Jetackuu 2015-12-08 08:09:42
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
"Raise taxes on rich people."
Oh yeah, that.
By Jetackuu 2015-12-08 08:20:36
Link | Citer | R

I mean ***like this is severely un-American and yet bigots eat it up:

https://gma.yahoo.com/donald-trump-stands-barring-muslims-despite-criticism-121110015--abc-news-topstories.html#

Look, I'm not a fan of religious persons of any persuasion, but they have just as much right to be here as I do.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-08 08:26:37
Link | Citer | R

Well as a fellow internet Muslim I'm outraged and shocked.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-08 08:47:26
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
fonewear said: »
Feminism is more dangerous than Trump though. It has ruined a generation of men.

Trump isn't dangerous no more so than Hillary.

Considering Trump could initiate the next world war, because he's an idiot, going to have to disagree sir.

It's already started my friend.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-08 08:48:21
Link | Citer | R

No it hasn't. There is a war, but it's not world war.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-08 08:50:37
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Trump calls to shut down Muslim immigration, and wins the internet on yet another day.

Progressive reaction....

Actually Christie called him ridiculous and J Bush demented.

So what's your point?

If the choice comes down to "Let's kick out the Muslims (Trump)" or "Islam has nothing to do with violence (Hillary)". Trump will walk away with it, because most people will pick safety over PC everyday.

This is actually a somewhat smart move by Trump as it will refocus the conversation on immigration, and due to recent events, Terrorism.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-08 08:51:14
Link | Citer | R

There were equivalent points in previous world wars too.
By fonewear 2015-12-08 08:53:48
Link | Citer | R

We aren't in a war it's just a "conflict struggle" !

No different than being a newly wed couple. Give it five years and everything will be fine.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-08 09:08:07
Link | Citer | R

Ultimately, we didn't open our doors to Japan or Germany during WWII. Since we don't have a specific country we can boycott and all our enemies share a common thread (I'll leave you all to posit what that might be) I must admit I don't share the knee jerk reaction liberals seem to have. We need a moratorium on immigration generally. It's time for everyone to take a good 30 years and assimilate.

I mean how many more Muslim terrorists do we need to allow into the country via immigration?

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-08 09:10:45
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
How can you tell if someone is Muslism or not? They could say no I'm Christian or Atheist.

You would have to (OMGTHEHORROR) profile most of them.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-12-08 09:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Ultimately, we didn't open our doors to Japan or Germany during WWII.
Yes our treatment of Japanese-American citizens is totally something that we should attempt to repeat.

What you're suggesting is to discriminate people based on their religion, which is about as un-American as it gets.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-12-08 09:16:22
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
You would have to (OMGTHEHORROR) profile most of them.

You want to profile everyone crossing the border? Who's going to pay for that?

Planned Parenthood?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-08 09:22:59
Link | Citer | R

Don't mind Slore. He's not a bad guy as far as I can tell. He just falls into the category of people that mistakenly believe that because they're likely being screwed over by the system themselves while working hard for a living, that people with less than them must clearly be lazy and not working as hard, therefore since they already don't have enough because of said system, they don't want to give anything up to someone they perceive as lazy.

And they're too busy working their *** off for said system to realize they're being gamed from the top down, not the bottom up.

The only thing that trickles down is the ***.

The sad irony is that Slore and people who tend to talk like he does are mad at the same exact system, they're just largely mistaken about where the blame lies because, well. That's exactly what the people sitting on fat stacks of cash and laughing at them want.
Don't mind Ramyrez, he is somebody who believes anything his union representative tells him, especially when it's against corporate practices, you know, the very thing that keeps him employed. He thinks that all corporations are evil even though he purchases about 90% of his ***that are made by or sold by corporations themselves. If we are realistic, we can honestly say that 100% of his purchases were influenced by a corporation somehow, but to him, all corporations are evil and must be destroyed.

And hopefully, he will come to the realization that it's not the corporate practices that are evil, but the people themselves who are evil and one day can tell the difference between the two.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-08 09:27:05
Link | Citer | R

KN, I'm not going to tell you again. I barely know who my union reps are. My union actually endorses Hillary officially, ffs. I certainly don't. But they collectively bargain for me and that's what I care about in the end.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-08 09:31:19
Link | Citer | R

I see nausi has gone full delusional on Trump again...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-08 09:32:25
Link | Citer | R

For somebody who doesn't know their union rep, you certainly make the union's argument perfectly.

I mean, who else is going to actively bite the hand that literally feeds it, besides unions?

Maybe you should try out to be your union's top leader, whatever that title is. You certainly have the rhetoric down to a "T".
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-12-08 09:35:20
Link | Citer | R

KN, I'm not going to tell you again. I barely know who my union reps are. My union actually endorses Hillary officially, ffs. I certainly don't. But they collectively bargain for me and that's what I care about in the end.

clam down, he's just using the old "hundred words to call you a crusty old *** waffle" gambit to try to avoid being banned again...

troll someone else kn, can't you see remo is already verklempt!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-08 09:35:47
Link | Citer | R

For someone who lambasts union rhetoric, you certainly have your own down pat.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-08 09:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Just because I abhor unions doesn't mean I'm ignorant of them or what they are really for.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-08 09:45:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Just because I abhor unions doesn't mean I'm ignorant of them or what they are really for.

Well of course you abhor what they're really for. Having to give up luxuries so workers can have appropriate pay and benefits is something people like you hate.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-08 09:51:29
Link | Citer | R

All the crazy ***he says is just that. He probably doesn't even believe most of it. He likes the attention.
It says more about the voter base than anything.

I don't support a lot of the stuff that Trump has been saying lately, but he's still a far better choice than Hillary. Many people do realize he's pandering to the "locals" and couldn't really implement most of the stuff he's spewing.

It's a shame Trump has taken over the GOP as I'd still throw my support behind Paul.

If the choices are Hillary vs. Trump, it's unfortunate that I have to "support" Trump, but it's just a vote. It's not like I agree with any of his rhetoric or cheering him at some rally.

What a fun election, either vote for someone whose policies you don't support at all or vote for someone whose pandering to the "locals."

The funniest thing about this election is the people who claim they don't directly support Hillary, but question why you don't support her. The "I never said I support her, yet defend the opposition against her" crowd. Follow the money. She is backed by the same people who created the 2008 economic crisis. Start there.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-08 09:54:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Well of course you abhor what they're really for. Having to give up luxuries so workers can have appropriate pay and benefits is something people like you hate.
Yes, because having people leave for better jobs is so much cheaper than keeping them around and working/making money for the company as a whole

What you are advocating doesn't work for all industries. The whole "pay me a living wage" shill you hear on the news today is being made by people who have no skills or abilities or desire to work in anything but minimal tasks, but for jobs that actually require skills to preform, there is no wage issues or benefits issues at all, even in states where unions have no presence in.

I'm sure you are going to spout off a nonsense point like "an engineer who works in NYC is paid more than an engineer in Houston," without understanding that the cost of living is much different in both cities, and real value is higher in Houston than it is in NYC.

A person who lives in Houston and is paid $70k per year has more buying power than a person who lives in NYC and is paid $100k per year for the exact same job. Are you going to deny this?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-12-08 09:55:52
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
but he's still a far better choice than Hillary
lol, no.

it's unfortunate that I have to "support"

But you don't.

She is backed by the same people who created the 2008 economic crisis. Start there.

Well her husband did sign the repeal that allowed it to happen, so there's that.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-08 10:13:54
Link | Citer | R

Ultimately, we didn't open our doors to Japan or Germany during WWII.
Yes our treatment of Japanese-American citizens is totally something that we should attempt to repeat.

What you're suggesting is to discriminate people based on their religion, which is about as un-American as it gets.

Well, no my personal suggestion is we stop immigration across the board and give everyone time (30 years) to assimilate.

As for Trump...

It's unfair to compare stopping all muslim immigration to rounding up muslims and putting them into camps (which I assume is what you mean). You could insist that this action is coming next, but you really can't compare the two.

This worldwide threat doesn't come from one particular country or a few. There is no state or country with which we can prevent immigration from, it's a similar move to stopping immigration from the Axis powers during WW2. The only thing these people share is their religion.

To the extent this policy discriminates against a religion that is true, but there is no right to immigration in the constitution. And if a particular religion isn't in tune with constitutional values, the constitution doesn't take a back seat. That's precisely the argument people pointed too when people held up their faith when trying to not participate in baking a gay couple a wedding cake.

Lets just ask, how many unidentified or potential terrorists are YOU personally willing to let in here? How many AXIS "citizens" would you have let in during WW2?
By Jetackuu 2015-12-08 10:19:35
Link | Citer | R

For better or for worse.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-08 10:26:05
Link | Citer | R

For better or for worse.

Here I was actually looking for a conversation and you respond with poetry.

I guess you'd let in all the terrorists then?
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-08 10:26:58
Link | Citer | R

Stop immigration for 30 years? Paranoia is running rampant again.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-08 10:29:03
Link | Citer | R

Feminism is more dangerous than Trump though. It has ruined a generation of men.

Considering Trump could initiate the next world war, because he's an idiot, going to have to disagree sir.
It's already started my friend.
By my count the cold war was WWIII. We are currently in a world wide cyber war and it is WWIV.

If ISIS and the world wide Christian right have their way we will have a WWV but it hasn't reached global scale yet.
First Page 2 3 ... 1137 1138 1139 ... 1375 1376 1377