Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1082 1083 1084 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Bloodrose 2015-11-18 10:41:06
Link | Citer | R

But let's talk more about those feels: It's not unique to Islam.

So let's cut the ***right out of the gate, because there's one thing worse than being PC, and that's being full of *** thinking you know what being PC is.

There will always be people who try to hijack *any* means of socially controlling a large group of people in order to spread their doctrine, or their twisted view and corruption of a doctrine (some doctrines of peace have been very maliciously twisted or ignored in every faith, so it's not *just* Islam) designed to spread peace and love... So long as it's for "God's Chosen People".

So really, the only *** being rubbed is yours. You needn't whip it out telling others it's all some liberal agenda every chance you get. You must have a real hard on for liberals because you mention "liberal", "PC", "agendas" every chance you get.
By charlo999 2015-11-18 10:42:13
Link | Citer | R

Very good solid information about the writings and history of Islam

With many links included will demonstrate why and how the texts of Quran and hadiths are the problem and not generalising all Muslims. To which there are varying degrees of belief depending on their own morality world view (depending on where they live and how they value and enjoy other world views)and how much of the text they are willing to live by. Although in some circumstances the taqyyia can make it difficult to determine the truth of depth of indoctrination of some.
You will then see that Isis are the most true islamics around. And that Islam in its pure form is incompatible with any other view.
In its pure form it is a self appointed domination of the world that will bring peace. Or a form of peace I think we would all say no to, which is sharia law.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-11-18 10:42:33
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
violent crazies don't need Islam to be violent & crazy. they'd do it in a vacuum of religious indoctrination were there one in the place of Islamic teachings. they cling to whatever stories they can mold into their uses. denouncing an entire religion as 'violent' makes you ignorant at best, and a hate-monger at worst.

we are all far more alike than different.

If this is directed at me, it is a total strawman.

I've never argued Islam is entirely violent or only violent, just that has a unique relationship with violence. Your point if I understand it is the religion is irrelevant. I suppose theoretically one could argue that "crazies have done similar things in judaism and christianity and others". Sure you can argue that but that isn't what's happening now and what's happening now is entirely relevant.

If it makes everyone feel better I guess I could say something like "there's a bunch of *** trying to hijack the religion of Islam", but that doesn't make the current state any less of a problem unique to Islam. That just rubs some PC *** everyone has, and well screw that BS.

Islam has a violence problem.
You're just backpedaling here. You, like many other right wingers and the people who [+] your posts, want to use every tragedy to assert the point that Islam is a totally violent religion. You never try to look past any other possible causes why some people would resort to violence, and always, always readily come in to spew some hatred about Islam. That's exactly what the other posters here are not buying (despite them at least showing dislike for Islam).
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-18 10:44:08
Link | Citer | R

charlo999 said: »
You will then see that Isis are the most true islamics around. And that Islam in its pure form is incompatible with any other view.
False.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-18 10:47:14
Link | Citer | R

I've never argued Islam is entirely violent or only violent, just that has a unique relationship with violence. Your point if I understand it is the religion is irrelevant. I suppose theoretically one could argue that "crazies have done similar things in judaism and christianity and others". Sure you can argue that but that isn't what's happening now and what's happening now is entirely relevant.

If it makes everyone feel better I guess I could say something like "there's a bunch of *** trying to hijack the religion of Islam", but that doesn't make the current state any less of a problem unique to Islam. That just rubs some PC *** everyone has, and well screw that BS.

It doesn't matter what any of us feel, what matters is what you actually believe. Until this post, it definitely seemed as though you believed the entire religion was full of *** violence. Would you say that there's a bunch of *** trying to hijack the religion of Islam? I would, it's very accurate because it identifies the problem as being caused by violent ***, not the religion itself, as demonstrated by everyone who isn't part of ISIS or other terrorist groups.

It matters because there are over 1.5 billion people who call themselves Muslim, many of whom are dealing with prejudice due to the actions of a select few.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-18 10:49:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
violent crazies don't need Islam to be violent & crazy. they'd do it in a vacuum of religious indoctrination were there one in the place of Islamic teachings. they cling to whatever stories they can mold into their uses. denouncing an entire religion as 'violent' makes you ignorant at best, and a hate-monger at worst.

You're just backpedaling here. You, like many other right wingers and the people who [+] your posts, want to use every tragedy to assert the point that Islam is a totally violent religion. You never try to look past any other possible causes why some people would resort to violence, and always, always readily come in to spew some hatred about Islam. That's exactly what the other posters here are not buying (despite them at least showing dislike for Islam).

You're just putting words in my mouth. Pretending to know what my secret motives are. Funny enough your exemplifying the very prejudice you're accusing me of.
By Bloodrose 2015-11-18 10:50:22
Link | Citer | R

Zieg and I have been at odds over disputes about Islam before, and I have voiced many concerns over phrases, sects, and other topics relating to Islam in a previous thread or two. I've also had some intellectual fist fights with others who would blindly defend the faith in those same threads, but ultimately, I think Zieg and I are of the same mind on this topic: The people who try to use or hijack the faith do not make up the majority, they are simply the loudest voice and most televised actions of that same loud voice.

Secondly, people are *not* sympathetic to terrorism, they are sympathetic to a plight, be it real or perceived, and then end up taking actions, either as a group or individual (fringe and extremists use extreme methods to achieve their desired goal, such as brain washing, use of force, terror, etc.)
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-18 10:57:50
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
It is so strange how people only rush to the defense of one religion here, Islam.
Completely false. You should read what people say more often maybe you'll get a better idea of their values and ideas instead of imagining them.

No it's there.

P&R thread: All religion is dumb and their followers are idiots, except Islam. Don't you dare say that about Muslims.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-11-18 10:58:03
Link | Citer | R

humanity has a violence problem.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-18 10:58:47
Link | Citer | R

All religion is dumb and their followers are idiots, except Islam. Don't you dare say that about Muslims
You're the only one claiming this so I guess it is your own view.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-18 10:59:41
Link | Citer | R

Missed this one cuz it was on the bottom of last page, sorry.
How can you guarantee that within these refugees, there will be no terrorist, or people sympathetic to terrorism?

Can you at least recognize that importing terrorists and/or people sympathetic to terrorism is a bad idea?
No one can guarantee something like that, you can't even guarantee that there won't be terrorists or sympathizers emerging from natural born citizens. Why are you assuming these refugees are terrorists or sympathizers? If anything, they're less likely to be terrorists since they are poor, broken people just looking for a peaceful life somewhere.

edit: I hope you didn't miss my post above
By Bloodrose 2015-11-18 11:02:48
Link | Citer | R

I'm just waiting for someone to chime in and say that Fluoride is the cause of all evil in the world, and that evil is (insert religion here)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-18 11:06:36
Link | Citer | R

So back to the siege of St. Denis, a dog died in the shooting. I know it is completely not logical and I can't explain the reason but somehow this breaks my heart more than anything :(
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-18 11:07:25
Link | Citer | R

All religion is dumb and their followers are idiots, except Islam. Don't you dare say that about Muslims

I think we need to just let them rant and ignore them at this point.

They clearly have no interest in freedom of (or from) religion. They care about their own vested interests of tying Christian dogma to social control. They have no desire to see anyone actually practicing religion freely, or choosing to not practice a religion at all. At least not if it's one they don't subscribe to and in a way they deem appropriate. They don't even want to see actual teachings of Christ put into action in any way that may inconvenience them just a little.

Yet the second you try to tell them they can't force their beliefs on you, they cry about religious oppression and tell you how closed-minded you're being.

And, of course, Nausi will just throw insults and mockery at me after this. Ah well.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-18 11:10:57
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
I'm just waiting for someone to chime in and say that Fluoride is the cause of all evil in the world, and that evil is (insert religion here)

Why say something that everyone already knows? Fluoride is a government conspiracy to keep dentists out of business, which helps keep (insert religion here) in power. Have you ever even read the (insert religion here)'s (insert religious text here)? I heard that they believe that (insert rumor here)! Crazy, huh?
[+]
By charlo999 2015-11-18 11:14:16
Link | Citer | R

charlo999 said: »
False.

I've backed up my claims are you going to do the same or just preach your ignorance?
By Bloodrose 2015-11-18 11:15:36
Link | Citer | R

You haven't proven anything.

You never have, and never will.

I've read through your wikiIslam link, and man, it's full of some top notch stuff that contradicts what you were saying.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-18 11:16:07
Link | Citer | R

Muslims claim isis is perverting islam.
A muslim hater claims all muslims are terrorists.

Hard to chose who to give credit...
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-18 11:16:51
Link | Citer | R

No. Small example Mosin's post right above yours. In P&R any criticism of Islam is met immediately with an equivalency. It is the case with no other religion discussed here.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-11-18 11:16:58
Link | Citer | R

to assert the point that Islam is a totally violent religion.
Islam is not a totally violent religion, but it is used for totally violent causes.

My question is, why isn't the citizens/governments aren't cracking down (or cracking down harder) in the region where ISIS is at? I'm sure, with all the people joining ISIS, it shouldn't be THAT hard for a person in these countries, if they aren't at the very least partially sympathetic to their cause, to rat these a-holes out.

If these people who claim their religion is a peaceful one aren't ratting out these violent extremists, then how can they claim their religion to be a peaceful one? I would think that these people, who truly wish for peace, would get rid of violence once and for all.

It's hard for an outsider (in this case, the rest of the world) to crack down on a group of extremists if they are being protected by the government and citizens surrounding them, while those very government/citizens bleating that they are a peaceful people.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-18 11:18:30
Link | Citer | R

We had a bunch of retard jihadists praise the attacks on FB here and now Säpo (the security police) has raised the threat level from 3 to 4 (high alert) out of 5 due to an individual they consider a threat. They're trying to find him at the moment.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-18 11:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
My question is, why isn't the citizens/governments aren't cracking down (or cracking down harder) in the region where ISIS is at? I'm sure, with all the people joining ISIS, it shouldn't be THAT hard for a person in these countries, if they aren't at the very least partially sympathetic to their cause, to rat these a-holes out.
Syria is a small country that is in almost complete poverty and with internal social crisis. Add that isis has a strong army of 80k units and it's really not so easy for them on their own.

The question though remains for countries like Saudi, Kuwait, etc. Their indifference due to economic reasons is rather disheartening.
By Bloodrose 2015-11-18 11:22:15
Link | Citer | R

Way to ignore reality KN.

Many groups have already outted suspected people of being terrorists. That's where much of their information for raids come from.

It isn't nearly as easy as you think, since the other police forces in the world still have to work within their letters of their laws and perform due diligence in investigative work.

However, the other issue was that many of the people who became sympathetic, or brainwashed, or w/e, had already joined ISIS long before it got to the point, before they could be screened, or had altered their destinations in transit.

Then again, there is also much fear and retaliation many of the peace-going Muslims have to deal with - retribution from the extremist fringe groups, as well as hateful slander and violence from people like Charlo, Nausi, etc. simply for adhering to *any* tenets of the Islamic faith, even the peaceful and giving tenets, as well as the color of their skin.

"HEY PA! THAT THAR GUY AIN'T LIKE US! LET'S RUN 'IM OUTTA TOWN!"
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-11-18 11:23:35
Link | Citer | R

Small example Mosin's post right above yours.

I see all these religions as relatively equal, you missed the point entirely looking to bolster your predetermined position.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-11-18 11:29:33
Link | Citer | R

Muslims claim isis is perverting islam.
A muslim hater claims all muslims are terrorists.

Hard to chose who to give credit...

Your own cleverness is snaring you here. Please quote me saying I hate Muslims and all Muslims are terrorists. Your either illiterate or severely obtuse. Either way I'm trying to have an adult discussion with you about the source texts and the obvious source for the problems we are seeing.
I'd respect you more for keeping your ignorance to yourself if you are going to act like a petulant child. If you want to engage in a meaningful way read the texts and let's talk. Otherwise I'm not going to bother debating with your uneducated ego on this extremely important topic that shouldn't be swept so easily under the rug of political correctness and self righteous equality.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-18 11:30:38
Link | Citer | R

Are you done with the insults?
By Ramyrez 2015-11-18 11:31:01
Link | Citer | R

In P&R any criticism of Islam is met immediately with an equivalency

Perhaps because the criticisms of Islam come almost exclusively from conceited so-called Christians who think they're better than everyone else and know what's best and constantly talk down to people who dare to dissent.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-18 11:31:33
Link | Citer | R

Small example Mosin's post right above yours.

I see all these religions as relatively equal, you missed the point entirely looking to bolster your predetermined position.

No. You were a perfect example. Never is a criticism of Islam allowed to sit unchallenged or some false equivalency made to soften the blow.

Deep post though, bro. Gonna call you Hemmingway anymore.

Humanity. Yeah pass the joint.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-18 11:31:48
Link | Citer | R

Deep.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1082 1083 1084 ... 1375 1376 1377