Random Politics & Religion #00

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1068 1069 1070 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-07 11:56:11
Link | Citer | R

Jassik said: »
The point is, and the only reason I have even talked further about it, that people are defending him who would call anyone in the left a coward and a liar if they did the same thing.

That's what I'm referring to. If he lied, he should be called a liar. I haven't looked into it enough to make a judgment on that yet. There might be cause for a double standard accusation there if he really did lie and people are looking past it. On the other hand, saying that Conservatives would be calling him a coward if he were a Democrat is really grasping at straws. Lots of people turn down the option of military service, it's nothing new.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-07 12:12:12
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
The point is, and the only reason I have even talked further about it, that people are defending him who would call anyone in the left a coward and a liar if they did the same thing.

That's what I'm referring to. If he lied, he should be called a liar. I haven't looked into it enough to make a judgment on that yet. There might be cause for a double standard accusation there if he really did lie and people are looking past it. On the other hand, saying that Conservatives would be calling him a coward if he were a Democrat is really grasping at straws. Lots of people turn down the option of military service, it's nothing new.

It was exactly the criticism levied at Kerry in 2004. He was accused of being a draft dodger, then when that was debunked, they carried on with claims of cowardice for not enlisting like GWB. It's hardly grasping at straws when it's happened recently. Face it, the right would be handling this drastically different if Carson was wearing blue.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-07 12:18:42
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
It was exactly the criticism levied at Kerry in 2004. He was accused of being a draft dodger, then when that was debunked, they carried on with claims of cowardice for not enlisting like GWB. It's hardly grasping at straws when it's happened recently. Face it, the right would be handling this drastically different if Carson was wearing blue.

Doubtful. Kerry took a lot more flak for his actions within the military than for his method of joining. Regardless, calling someone a coward for not enlisting is stupid to begin with, so if I hear people on the right saying crap like that in the future then you can expect me to roll my eyes at it.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-07 20:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Kerry was correctly attacked for what he did upon returning from Vietnam when he stabbed all of those he served with in the back, betraying them and calling them murderers.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-07 20:34:58
Link | Citer | R

The left attacked George W Bush for serving in the National Guard, calling him a coward son of a rich guy.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-07 21:06:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Kerry was correctly attacked for what he did upon returning from Vietnam when he stabbed all of those he served with in the back, betraying them and calling them murderers.

Given what's come to light about the treatment of the Vietnamese by our servicemen, I doubt he was far off.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-10 12:49:42
Link | Citer | R

Mizzou campus police urge students to call in and report … “incidents of hateful and/or hurtful speech”

Someone needs to give these whinny SJWs a good swift kick in the ***.

How can this place be so full of such unhappy people when it's the closet thing to a liberal utopia?
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-11-10 12:52:15
Link | Citer | R

I suppose this is censorship?

let's start getting worked up.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-10 13:08:57
Link | Citer | R

Moslin, I find the mocking tone in your comment hurtful and hateful, I'm calling the cops.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-11-10 13:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Mizzou campus police urge students to call in and report … “incidents of hateful and/or hurtful speech”

Someone need to give these whinny SJWs a good swift kick in the ***.

How can this place be so full of such unhappy people when it's the closet thing to a liberal utopia?
The University of Missouri is a liberal utopia?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-10 13:22:08
Link | Citer | R

Just another day of nausi being completely delusional.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-10 14:08:05
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-10 14:26:12
Link | Citer | R

Cool the entire career of one man destroyed for nothing. Problem solved. Who's next?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-10 14:30:10
Link | Citer | R

Hardly nothing. He made his bed and now he gets to lie in it.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-10 14:53:58
Link | Citer | R

Definitely nothing.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-10 14:54:51
Link | Citer | R

Sure nausi, we will just take your word for it. Lawl.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-11-10 15:52:25
Link | Citer | R

The left attacked George W Bush for serving in the National Guard, calling him a coward son of a rich guy.

This is an outright misrepresentation of what we actually called him a coward for.

John Kerry went to Vietnam and served bravely. My uncle went over and suffered severe PTSD. Many, many Americans went when their number was called. George W. Bush was not one of these brave men. He was assigned to a National Guard unit, along with the sons of other extremely-rich men, where attendance was optional, they got to play with fighter jets, and there was no risk of actually being deployed.

George W. Bush actually was a coward. But not just a coward, the worst kind of coward- he sent other men and women off to die, which he wasn't willing to do himself, on a lie, so that the military-industrial complex and oil industry could profit. And in doing this, he ignored the monstrous terrorist who killed nearly 3,000 Americans on 9-11.

W is one of the 5 worst presidents in our history, perhaps the worst.
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-11-10 15:54:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »

I'll be in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missourah.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-11-10 17:01:18
Link | Citer | R

Ok now he's just *** with us.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-10 17:44:41
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

What they did to this man was horrible. He has nothing to do with what they think they are upset about. His resignation helps no one and fixes nothing. I felt terrible for him watching his press conference. You don't just go around hurting people because you are upset about something.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-11-10 18:22:04
Link | Citer | R

Only to Nasui.

Hardly nothing. He made pissed in his bed and now he gets to lie in it.
Fixed.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-11-10 18:44:16
Link | Citer | R

It's a big problem with society today. The younger generation wants everything and if they do not get it they protest and try to ruin everyone. That is what happens when you get a trophy for just participating.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-11-10 18:47:38
Link | Citer | R

lol
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-10 19:37:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Omael said: »

I'll be DEEP in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missourah.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-10 22:17:07
Link | Citer | R

What they did to this man was horrible. He has nothing to do with what they think they are upset about. His resignation helps no one and fixes nothing. I felt terrible for him watching his press conference. You don't just go around hurting people because you are upset about something.

This man should have had a more pro-active role in dealing with the problems of the student populace, instead of ignoring them and dismissing their claims as nothing. His continued closed door policy got him the boot, he didn't want to do his job so he can go. I don't feel bad for him at all nor should anyone else. He made his bed, now he can lie in it.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-11-11 10:11:54
Link | Citer | R

GOP debate summary:

lol

Trump's an idiot

Cruz pulled a Perry

Kasich is a whiny baby

Rand and Fiorina looked smart, though Carly got a little repetitive

Jeb looked like his bro with 50% less charm

wtfbencarson

lol
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-11 11:02:46
Link | Citer | R

Watch out for that Chamber of Commerce!
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-11-11 11:15:34
Link | Citer | R

carson's closer was the worst.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-11 12:56:24
Link | Citer | R

Eh, that's making the debate sound worse than it was. Rubio and Cruz are getting a lot of praise, and it essentially had the best moderating of any debate so far.
First Page 2 3 ... 1068 1069 1070 ... 1375 1376 1377