Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Soloing Colonization Reives
Soloing Colonization Reives
 Valefor.Seranos
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2014-04-29 08:23:56
Link | Citer | R

So, I came across a few forums that talked about both RNG and BLM soloing Colonization Reives (i.e. like Marjami), but I can't seem to wrap my head around how to do that without getting aggro.

Any help would be appreciated!
 Odin.Osodabear
Serveur: Odin
user: osodabear
By Odin.Osodabear 2014-04-29 08:26:46
Link | Citer | R

Just stand bas far back as possible on blm and keep using stone youll never run out of mp just takes awhile.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Serveur: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-29 08:28:55
Link | Citer | R

I do it all the time on BLM. Standing at max distance is only part of the strategy. You also have to ensure that your spot isn't where any of the Reive mobs wander.

Also, there are many places there in Marjami where you can stand within range of the Reive but behind a rock (out of sight from the mobs) and still nuke.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Primal623 2014-04-29 09:32:03
Link | Citer | R

Next time I catch you online Sera, remind me about this and I'll walk you through a few. Though as already mentioned it's just a matter of being *just* within the reive boundary. Some places require getting a little creative about exactly where you stand so as not to be seen by mobs, but every reive can be solo'd.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Serveur: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-29 09:55:49
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone tried soloing Reives in Outer Ra'Kaznar yet?
By Primal623 2014-04-29 10:06:45
Link | Citer | R

I've done a few lair reives in Outer Ra'Kaznar, and they're definitely the worst. Umbrils can move close enough to the hallway to aggro magic so you can't just afk Stone spam like other zones. Haven't tried Colonization Reives there yet but I'd imagine it's difficult. Those fomor have a very large wandering area.
 Valefor.Seranos
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2014-04-29 10:14:37
Link | Citer | R

Primal623 said: »
Next time I catch you online Sera, remind me about this and I'll walk you through a few. Though as already mentioned it's just a matter of being *just* within the reive boundary. Some places require getting a little creative about exactly where you stand so as not to be seen by mobs, but every reive can be solo'd.

Figures I should have just asked you online ;D
By Ophannus 2014-04-29 11:08:59
Link | Citer | R

The gates zones are hard to solo because he reieve radius is quite small. I also have not been able to solo rakaznar revives since those formors have quite the aggro radius.

Another weird thing is if you clip through a wall like in your is, you can nuke or range a reieve forever and never get aggro but other zones if you clip through a wall and try to shoot or cast it says cannot see target. I wonder if some walls are flagged with a certain property to allow spells and ranged shots to be faster through and others not(can cast around corners in cirdas but not in he laloff amphitheater tunnel
By Pantafernando 2014-04-29 11:55:33
Link | Citer | R

Ophannus said: »
The gates zones are hard to solo because he reieve radius is quite small. I also have not been able to solo rakaznar revives since those formors have quite the aggro radius.

Another weird thing is if you clip through a wall like in your is, you can nuke or range a reieve forever and never get aggro but other zones if you clip through a wall and try to shoot or cast it says cannot see target. I wonder if some walls are flagged with a certain property to allow spells and ranged shots to be faster through and others not(can cast around corners in cirdas but not in he laloff amphitheater tunnel

The walls are normal, its the cheaters who are weirdos.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [96 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Xerus
user: Xerus
By Valefor.Xerus 2014-08-03 15:25:49
Link | Citer | R

Responding to a few months back, but in regards to the clipping through the walls thing for reives, you can do this by simply standing where the wall was while it is down. When it next spawns, you'll be inside of it. I've done this in multiple zones and never had the issue of not being able to see the section of the wall. It is pretty unsafe to do this in any area except for rakaznar, because the monsters roam much closer. There is also always the off chance that in rakaznar one of the fomors will roam close and see you anyway.