Should There Be A Library Named After Obama?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Should There be a Library Named After Obama?
Should There be a Library Named After Obama?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-04-27 08:36:15
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
My greatest achievement is not knowing how to celebrate black history month.

I just add a few links to the chain and give them 2 extra bathroom breaks and they seem happy to me.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-27 08:36:37
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
With his ego it would only be filled with a million copies of Dreams from My Father.
Which father is the real question.
By fonewear 2014-04-27 08:41:01
Link | Citer | R

DNA test results are in...you are not the father!!!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-04-27 08:48:35
Link | Citer | R

"I had sex with two men." Wtf? TWO?! That's it?! Come on! That's not Maury worthy!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-27 08:49:07
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
"I had sex with two men." Wtf? TWO?! That's it?! Come on! That's not Maury worthy!
They couldn't find enough *** or actresses who looked like ***.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-27 08:49:14
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »

Yea sadly people aren't as bad as they could be...

Being on Maury is a lifelong dream for many...

My dream is to eat a big sandwich.

[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-27 08:57:41
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Quote:
...following accusations of voting “shenanigans”...

Wait, this is the first I heard of this. Is this referring to the 2012 Presidential Election or something else?
I believe it's a generalization of voting amongst democrats with little to no input and or voting from the republican party.

More specifically they're implying things like the recent change to presidential recess appointments. Trying to think of some other examples here. I'll have to look to see what other things the GOP is griping about.
Oh, I was going to say... In 2012 it was more of who he was running against, Romney wasn't a strong candidate. He didn't run a very careful campaign and seemed to have bad open mouth, apologize later habits. I try to look at politics from a neutral standpoint and in doing so I get the feeling that the Tea Party is hurting the Republican party; they basically seem to rally behind the worst possible candidate, he runs, he loses. If they'd distance themselves from the Tea Party, Donald Trump, and Ted Nugent, I think they could find a strong candidate but till they do that and rethink their approach, I don't see the Republican party taking the white house anytime soon.

One other thing about Ted Nugent, the "Motor City Madman" shouldn't be the face of the NRA. Growing up, learning gun safety, the NRA sponsored several gun safety programs, now they seem as though they just want to line their pockets while speaking through the mouth of a madman.
By fonewear 2014-04-27 09:00:03
Link | Citer | R

If you want a good laugh watch Piers Morgan interview Ted Nugent.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-27 09:06:01
Link | Citer | R

Honestly yes Ted is crazy but that is why I love him. He is a musician not a politician. And yes he is very passionate about guns. So I don't have a problem with him.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-27 09:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
...following accusations of voting “shenanigans”...

Wait, this is the first I heard of this. Is this referring to the 2012 Presidential Election or something else?
I believe it's a generalization of voting amongst democrats with little to no input and or voting from the republican party.

More specifically they're implying things like the recent change to presidential recess appointments. Trying to think of some other examples here. I'll have to look to see what other things the GOP is griping about.
Oh, I was going to say... In 2012 it was more of who he was running against, Romney wasn't a strong candidate. He didn't run a very careful campaign and seemed to have bad open mouth, apologize later habits. I try to look at politics from a neutral standpoint and in doing so I get the feeling that the Tea Party is hurting the Republican party; they basically seem to rally behind the worst possible candidate, he runs, he loses. If they'd distance themselves from the Tea Party, Donald Trump, and Ted Nugent, I think they could find a strong candidate but till they do that and rethink their approach, I don't see the Republican party taking the white house anytime soon.

One other thing about Ted Nugent, the "Motor City Madman" shouldn't be the face of the NRA. Growing up, learning gun safety, the NRA sponsored several gun safety programs, now they seem as though they just want to line their pockets while speaking through the mouth of a madman.
It really boils down to which party is the 'establishment' versus the party of the people. Unfortunately the GOP has sowed the seeds of hate too deep to be taken seriously anymore through a combination of sub groups like the tea party and being ridiculed by the Democrats. Empty victories among democratic voters plays a key part in this as well. The 'Us Vs Them' mentality.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-27 09:10:25
Link | Citer | R

There is a lot of good in what Nugent does for wounded Veterans, I salute him for that. However, some of the things he says is very unsafe and as a gun fanatic myself, I feel he is doing more to make gun owners look bad to the dim and close-minded anti-gunners than he is good and the NRA is not only allowing it but encouraging it.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-27 09:12:45
Link | Citer | R

Well the GOP has too many weak candidates. They need a real leader not an empty suit.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-27 09:17:26
Link | Citer | R

A famous line, updated (very minor changes) for modern times:

"There were millions and millions of workmen who began by being hostile to the Democratic Party; but their defenses were repeatedly stormed and finally they had to surrender. Yet this defeat was due to the stupidity of the Republican party, who had opposed every social demand put forward by the working class. The short−sighted refusal to make an effort towards improving labor conditions, the refusal to adopt measures which would insure the workman in case of accidents in the factories, the refusal to forbid child labor, the refusal to consider protective measures for female workers, especially expectant mothers – all this was of assistance to the Democratic leaders, who were thankful for every opportunity which they could exploit for forcing the masses into their net.

The Republican party can never repair the damage that resulted from the mistake they then made. For they sowed the seeds of hatred when they opposed all efforts at social reform. And thus they gave, at least, apparent grounds to justify the claim put forward by the Democrats – namely, that they alone stand up for the interests of the working class. And this became the principal ground for the moral justification of the actual existence of the Trades Unions, so that the labor organization became from that time onwards the chief political recruiting ground to swell the ranks of the Democratic Party."
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-04-27 10:47:18
Link | Citer | R

Well the GOP has too many weak candidates. They need a real leader not an empty suit.

Marco Rubio once he learns how to better manage his thirst for water.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-27 15:34:48
Link | Citer | R

I really doubt the baseline of the GOP would put a non-white person as their frontman, I just don't see it happening.

Don't get me wrong, it would do well for them, I just don't see it happening.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-04-27 15:38:51
Link | Citer | R

was i the only one glad piers morgan got canned?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-27 15:43:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

was i the only one glad piers morgan got canned?
no
[+]
 Cerberus.Halticus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-04-27 15:46:20
Link | Citer | R

Get busy building a library or get busy dying.
Get Rich or Die Tryin' quote "50 Cent"
By Jetackuu 2014-04-27 15:54:00
Link | Citer | R

50 cent is a moron, and he was paraphrasing the Shawshank Redemption.
[+]
 Cerberus.Halticus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-04-27 15:54:54
Link | Citer | R

I saw Nugent in concert a few years ago. There was a stand on the stage holding a compound bow and when he walked out, he grabbed the bow and pointed it to the left side of the stage where there was a huge photo of Osama Bin Laden. He pulled back and fired an arrow right into his forehead and the crowd went nuts. IMO he rants about gun safety but don't screw the rights of americans rights' to bear arms but on the other hand, will walk on a stage and fire an arrow with a 100lb pull in front of a thousand people in the front rows knowing damn right well, that shot could've miscalculated and hit someone whether it be stage crew or crowd itself. I like the mans music but in a way he contradicts his own beliefs.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-28 10:18:33
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-28 10:50:19
Link | Citer | R

With his ego it would only be filled with a million copies of Dreams from My Father.

You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-28 10:52:10
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
I really doubt the baseline of the GOP would put a non-white person as their frontman, I just don't see it happening.

Don't get me wrong, it would do well for them, I just don't see it happening.
Wasn't the RNC Chairman a black guy for a bit, before some spending scandal? Steele?
By wormfeeder 2014-04-28 10:53:33
Link | Citer | R

let obummer get his funding like every other president, privately. but then again obummer knows that most of his supporters only want to take money not give it.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-28 10:59:53
Link | Citer | R

just let Obama join the cool kids club.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-04-28 11:06:32
Link | Citer | R

Im guessing if they did, it would just get burnt down..
Quote:
Filipino Protesters Burn Effigy of Barack Obama

Filipino protesters burned an effigy of President Barack Obama in Manila on Monday as the U.S. signed a deal that gives its military greater access to Philippine bases.

Some 800 activists burned mock U.S. flags and chanted "no-bama, no bases, no war" on the road leading to Malacanang Palace, where Obama met with Philippine President Benigno Aquino III. The effigy showed Obama riding a chariot pulled by Aquino, who was depicted as a dog.

Activists drag an effigy of Philippines President Benigno Aquino and President Barack Obama as they march towards the presidential palace in Manila on April 28, 2014.

Source
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-28 11:15:53
Link | Citer | R

wormfeeder said: »
let obummer get his funding like every other president, privately. but then again obummer knows that most of his supporters only want to take money not give it.

Somewhere in an alternate universe, Mitt Romney is POTUS and we have a space colony on Mars where a group of mutants has discovered an ancient machine that could terraform its atmosphere. Fearing a loss in Bain Capital stock, Romney sends his best agent to infiltrate and annihilate these terrorists.

All is well until our hero Barack Obama falls in love with space hooker Michelle and decides to give deez peeple air. But is it all just in his head?

Alternatively in another universe, Barack Obama works the mean streets of literally Detroit where Democrats have constructed the ideal society where guns are controlled, oil drums burn in the streets, children cannibalize their grandparents and the government is completely incompetent.

After a horrifying accident, Mitt Romney and Bain Capital decide to build the perfect police officer, a Robocop if you will, to deliver free market justice to criminals everywhere. In an instant Barack goes from a slab of meat to crimefighting superhero. But does something nefarious lie behind Mitt Romney and his organization?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-28 11:17:24
Link | Citer | R

lol, Obama looks like Andross in that effigy.

Only I have the brains to rule the United States. You were a fool for coming here Fox McCloud.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-28 11:22:08
Link | Citer | R

Marco Rubio once he learns how to better manage his thirst for water.

The problem is that Rubio isn't a very bright man.

It's always funny when politicians buy into their own propaganda. After being slaughtered by minorities in the past 2 elections, there was a media frenzy about how the republican party needed to change to survive. While most of the republican politicians just rolled their eyes and played along, they know that getting the racist white vote is how they stay in power.

Rubio actually thought that the republican party was going to change and tried to instigate that change, ala immigration reform; when he did, he suffered the backlash and he hasn't been relevant since. The republican establishment just pushed him forward to pretend they don't have a problem with minorities and he overstepped his bounds.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-28 11:24:35
Link | Citer | R

Rubio/Ryan 2016 someone was trying to convince me. I just stood there with a blank look.
[+]