Low man Delve discussion
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-28 07:51:11
Link | Citer | R

It depends how well geared your samurais are. My samurais claim to cap racc on bee without preludes so I just do march march min min min, or march march mad min min.

If they really need that prelude then i would probably do march march prelude, or march prelude prelude. (but considering SV songs, single prelude might suffice)
 Asura.Railbender
Serveur: Asura
user: Toknherb
By Asura.Railbender 2014-03-28 07:53:25
Link | Citer | R

How are you doing 5 songs? 99 harp + CC ? Max i could cast would be 4 during initial buffs.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-28 09:22:43
Link | Citer | R

yes 99 harp with clarion. Remember you can keep your clarion song up forever as long as you keep all songs up without any ever wearing off

with 4 songs i would probably do march march prelude minuet(or madrigal depending on how much acc your DDs have) unless you know the samurai has good racc
 Asura.Railbender
Serveur: Asura
user: Toknherb
By Asura.Railbender 2014-03-28 09:25:48
Link | Citer | R

Thanks a lot for all your input and help Spira, Much appriciated. Imma give this a go as soon as i get home from work today.
[+]
By Lillica99 2014-04-03 23:13:57
Link | Citer | R

Lowman suggestions for Tojil? I hear it can be done without stuns
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-03 23:17:35
Link | Citer | R

Lillica99 said: »
Lowman suggestions for Tojil? I hear it can be done without stuns

You have been blatently lied to.

Unless you all enjoy Weakened state and fighting with 700~1k hp and hitting once every 15 seconds...

No.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-04-03 23:38:19
Link | Citer | R

You might be able to actually. It wouldn't be fun though, but I'm sure with 3 or 4 DD you have enough dps to kill it in 27+ minutes.

Tojil can be cleared with DD DD BRD COR WHM RDM(or blm or sch) in 18 minutes without much hassle, so you have PLENTY of time if you add an extra DD in place of the stunner/mata prep. I doubt the gradual petrify would even ruin kill speed too much with the low HP of the pieste.

You would need a combined alliance dps of less than 250 to do it before you time out. It can be done.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-03 23:43:20
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
You might be able to actually. It wouldn't be fun though, but I'm sure with 3 or 4 DD you have enough dps to kill it in 27+ minutes.

Tojil can be cleared with DD DD BRD COR WHM RDM(or blm or sch) in 18 minutes without much hassle, so you have PLENTY of time if you add an extra DD in place of the stunner/mata prep. I doubt the gradual petrify would even ruin kill speed too much with the low HP of the pieste.

You would need a combined alliance dps of less than 250 to do it before you time out. It can be done.

I'd argue if you can not find a Good SCH, the DD will take a considerable amount of damage which means the WHM will need to use alot more mp. This might mean your whm pulls hate and you wipe.

There is however another option.

take the 1 week it would take to level and gear SCH and just be a Stunner?
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-04-03 23:49:41
Link | Citer | R

The whm can just die and reset hate, you'd have a brd and maybe cor as well. WHM spends barely any mp with curagas and you have a BRD (relic empy, obv cuz *** anything else) and cor for an extra mp roll because why not?
DD use rabbit pies and use HP+/DT- gear while weakened. Nobody should die unless you get unlucky, and even then you have plenty of time to recover.

It seems very doable, it won't be smooth once dps slows down but should be doable by any competent players (who happen to not be able to stun.)
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-03 23:52:28
Link | Citer | R

The whm can just die and reset hate, you'd have a brd and maybe cor as well. WHM spends barely any mp with curagas and you have a BRD (relic empy, obv cuz *** anything else) and cor for an extra mp roll because why not?
DD use rabbit pies and use HP+/DT- gear while weakened. Nobody should die unless you get unlucky, and even then you have plenty of time to recover.

It seems very doable, it won't be smooth once dps slows down but should be doable by any competent players (who happen to not be able to stun.)

If you have a "perfect brd" then you situation seems kinda lol.
Assuming perfect brd when you can't get a perfect set up is short sighted. If you struggle for a SCH to stun what perfect BRD would stick around? You'd prolly have some half wit in a PUG and just have to deal with it.

My earlier point, just level sch and stun yourself, then you won't have the issue of not being able to do the runs because you spend 5 hours trying to find a SCH.

Its not like its hard to gear SCH for JUST Stunning
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-04-04 00:49:28
Link | Citer | R

I'm merely stating that it should be possible without stun (though not optimal, obviously) but it should still be possible if you really can't find a stunner and dont want to be bothered to level one. It's an option, nothing else.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-04-04 01:08:02
Link | Citer | R

if finding a sch is that hard, bring a drk as one of your dd for lahar

while i have no doubt that xenhas is correct about it being possible without stun, it's pants-on-head HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to do it that way, you could even have a sam use blade bash(and wild card it back) to cover yourself for a significant amount of time

unless you really want to beat it without stuns for some arbitrary personal reason, there's no excuse to not be able to field at least one form of it..
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-04 01:39:22
Link | Citer | R

Someone throw a Foret clear involving a RUN and BLU for me. I'm assuming you're just Requi'n all the crab.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-04-04 01:46:29
Link | Citer | R

RUN BLU MNK BRD COR WHM
SCH/RDM SCH/BLM SCH/BLM [BRD]

if your BRD can be trusted to party swap to march schs and has 4 songs, you can omit the second one

whichever sch isn't up to stun should be debuffing uragnite and nuking kraklaw, a reliable way to get the most out of your buffs with a less coordinated group is to have the brd n/t horde2 on daku+adds as you pull it and then throw up their sv songs while the melee clear adds.. no timing with pull required, your mages have the time to position properly, etc

once songs up, swap the sch/rdm with the brd for enthunder/phal/regen, it takes a lot of the pressure off of the WHM(phal especially makes the spikes much less threatening during horn up.. and accession enthunder is the fastest way to get horn down)

if you don't specifically need RUN or BLU, there's not much reason to have either in there over SAMs or additional MNKs, but it will work

6man is ofc doable, but you'll gain a lot more reliability if you can spring for 9-10
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-04-04 03:10:45
Link | Citer | R

Just to add, formless strikes/requiescat is no longer needed for Krab, the rate it gains PDT/MDT doesn't scale with the hp adjustments and with 6 people you can do 100% physical damage and still kill it in 2mins.
By Lillica99 2014-04-04 15:57:24
Link | Citer | R

Wouldnt a blm serve as stun instead of a drk? Or are you just using drk for a dd slot?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-04 16:09:43
Link | Citer | R

Lillica99 said: »
Wouldnt a blm serve as stun instead of a drk? Or are you just using drk for a dd slot?

BLM can work, only issue is Recast (not seen a recast build for drk stun) but could be interesting.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-04 16:47:07
Link | Citer | R

blm works as a stunner, but it adds little else to the party besides dropping aura if they can manage hate. at least a drk has solid dps and apoc drk has survivability.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-05 05:43:38
Link | Citer | R

We just cleared Foret as

MNK/WAR
RUN/SAM (me)
BLU/RUN
BRD/WHM (RME)
SCH/BLM
WHM/SCH

We beaded tier 1 and 5 but could of won without, we just wanted a safety net cause we were just getting people wins. The two crabs have such reduced HP that their damage mechanics don't really slow you down if you have a Req source.
 Leviathan.Kidnoftle
user: Kidnoftle
By Leviathan.Kidnoftle 2014-04-10 14:29:52
Link | Citer | R

If you're eatting tp's besides lahar a weakened whm will wipe your group.

Even if he immediately gets 3x gjallard ballads back immediately upon RRing, curagaII/III recast timers would absolutely *** you and if you opt into using all curagas your mp will be gone very quickly.

Not to mention a good attack round on Toj w/ balo shell up already drops your hp to 30-50% of its total when weakened (if lahars arn't stunned), leaving a single high dmg attack from toj to wreck you. Even if you had a scholar spamming dispel you'd still run the risk of dying. Ntm that if your melees are constantly getting weakened your whm will inevitably cap hate at multiple points (even w/ a 50/50 set).

I'd imagine if you didn't bring a stunner it would be best to try having a sch take down aura and rebuff every time after tyrannical (or w.e its roar tp is). The margin of error otherwise is extremely small and, as was said before, takes for *** ever to kill if constantly eatting weakened status.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-04-17 11:10:56
Link | Citer | R

For Marjami delve would 4 relic ranger in party one with 2 bards and a white Mage paladin in party two beat the regular setup of 3 ranger white Mage bard paladin ?

One bard can jump from one party to the next to buff paladin and ballad white Mage when they put songs on ranger.
 Valefor.Psykopat
Serveur: Valefor
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2014-04-17 11:15:19
Link | Citer | R

You need RNG in same pt than PLD for decoy shot dood
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-04-17 11:16:06
Link | Citer | R

Oh Okok lol
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-17 11:18:25
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Psykopat said: »

pretty sure you don't, esp DM setups tends to make pld to be in separate party... and I have cleared marjami with pld in separate pt... either my plds are OP at keeping hate or decoy is working.

you're increasing mob's hp by 33% but adding 25% fire power... maybe a bit more due to 2 bards so extra buffs. Not sure whether it'll work better.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-04-17 11:33:36
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking of dm2 too where paladin different party lol

Adding 2 more to 8 members is 2/8 more hp so isn't it 25% more hp?

If paladins needs to be in same party as ranger maybe 4 ranger bard paladin and white Mage by itself? I don't think rangers will get hit so no need to curaga. And bard can swap to ballad and come back to erase if needed.

Just wondering the easiest setup cause last two times I won was with a good group and like 30 secs left lol
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-17 11:39:57
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Adding 2 more to 8 members is 2/8 more hp so isn't it 25% more hp?

Not terribly good at maths nowadays (correct me if i'm wrong), but consider x to be the amount of hp 1 character adds to the mob:

6 man = 6x
8 man = 8x

difference of hp between 8 man and 6 man is 8x - 6x = 2x.

2x is 1/3 of 6x -> i.e. 33%.
2x is 1/4 of 8x -> i.e. 25%

so 6 man boss has 75% of the hp that 8man boss has. 8 man boss has 1.33x the hp that a 6 man boss has. So the boss hp increased by 1/3 from 6 man to 8 man.

If paladins needs to be in same party as ranger maybe 4 ranger bard paladin and white Mage by itself? I don't think rangers will get hit so no need to curaga. And bard can swap to ballad and come back to erase if needed.

Just wondering the easiest setup cause last two times I won was with a good group and like 30 secs left lol

pld does not need to be in the same pt as the rngs.

one bard will pretty much stay stationary in pld pt because scherzo is bound to get dispelled every so often. so he would only be in rng pt to rebuff then swap out again.

I think your suggested setups probably have minimal difference, but by all means give it a go. what is the time sink? the megaboss ? If it is the megaboss the best way to quicken it up might be to think about bringing in a mage that can nuke down the aura. Since that really hurts your range dmg.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-04-17 11:44:37
Link | Citer | R

Lol I see. Thanks for the mathematics and thanks for your input. I appreciate it

What Mage job and spell to use? Yea it was just 6 man. The boss took like 15 min
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-04-17 11:47:40
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Psykopat said: »

We've cleared marjami plenty of times with all rngs and a bard in one party pld whm sch blm or smn in the other party with the bard rotating.

Haven't had any hate issues except for one non relic rng.. /points at blackmack.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-04-17 11:50:57
Link | Citer | R

Oh so the dood who called me dood was wrong lol
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-04-17 17:13:30
Link | Citer | R

For Marjami delve would 4 relic ranger in party one with 2 bards and a white Mage paladin in party two beat the regular setup of 3 ranger white Mage bard paladin ?

One bard can jump from one party to the next to buff paladin and ballad white Mage when they put songs on ranger.

Why would someone choose a BRD over COR in RNG party?

Minuet 4 + Minuet 5 = 145 attack , add soul voice (a one time thing) = 290 attack

Chaos roll 11 with a base of 1000 attack = +312 %50 of the time and +412 attack 50% of the time

Plus CORs shoot too (likely half a RNG damage due to the need to be careful - no decoy)

BRDs are for melee parties

Also: Decoy works outside party, just like SA